• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Quick FMT, is this a good thing? I don't know lamichael james.

i think it is a good thing. i know doomsayer wanted miller and it looks like that would've been a good pick too but you have to remember there is no way gore is going to stay healthy all year and we need some depth.

this probably spells the end of anthony dixon though

xixtM.gif

Yesterday was too good to be true.

I'm out, damn you Bill.

Doorman

The NFL is going to become a spread league and Mayhew wants to be out in front on that. They need a CB, but the D is not THAT far off - probably a CB and a S and they can be good enough.
I guess the bolded is where our opinions differ. Our defense sounded great on paper going into the season, but they were damp tissue when it came to the practical test on many gamedays. The line underperformed and tackling from the linebackers seemed to get weaker as the year went on. And so far, the only positive note to come to the defense this year is having Fairley fully-healthy.

Gotta read the whole thing/ watch it on the mother site. Something something about bad players available there, I posted earlier about the threat Broyles and the rest of the offensive weapons pose earlier, look it up if you care

Like I said, just believe in the Front Office. This group of people took an 0-15 and turned them into a playoff team in 3 years. Remhatember t
I read your comments and looking over some of what Schwartz is saying at their presser. Can you really believe that they thought everybody that was still available to them in the second round were "poor players" though? If that's true, why even bother drafting after this point? I'm not calling to fire the front office or anything that severe, I'm trying to not overreact that badly...but unless Broyles proves himself to be healthy early, and shows some real flashes, then they've certainly lost a lot of the good-will they built up with me over the last three years. It basically sets me back to zero as far as my opinion on Mayhew goes.

linkboy

i think it is a good thing. i know doomsayer wanted miller and it looks like that would've been a good pick too but you have to remember there is no way gore is going to stay healthy all year and we need some depth.

Exactly, not like Dixon's done anything anyways.

Harbaugh's adding something the 49ers haven't had in a fucking long time, speed.

Doomsayer

I hope this means the end of Jacobs, honestly.

I can't stand that mother fucker.

I would've rather had Miller, but James is still a good pick. I hope next season we start seeing our running backs sharing the field.

TheFatOne

I just don't understand the thought process behind the trade for the Pats. Move 30 spots down for a 5th round scrub. Why take Tavon Wilson in the second? I'm sure there were much better players available, and if you were going to trade down you could have picked him in the 3rd. The Pats drafting philosophy is so fucking stupid.

The Pats were just in the SB so dont panic too much

How many times can a team make it to the super bowl with the worst defense in the nfl? Don't get me wrong the super bowl run was awesome, but the Pats got some lucky breaks to make the run to the super bowl.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'm old enough to remember Bixby and Ferrigno. Nothing Hollywood does with the CGI will ever do will top that song

Pfffft, we're not Hollywood, and Hulk's some of the best work we've recently done given the new R&D work that went into creating him. :p

And if you weren't aware, Ferringo's doing the voice for this Hulk also.

Nightz

I wanted the Chargers to get James. We need that Sproles type back in this system. Hoping for Ronnie Hillman from SDSU now.

Kevtones

The last time Harbaugh was around James, he ran 31 times for 257 yards and 3 TDs against Stanford.

Harbaugh knows exactly what he's getting. Niners fans should be fucking stoked.

junie12 said:
About time he got picked, felt sorry for him waiting in the green room all alone.
Love the Randle pick. Really do. Soft hands, great speed and a great blocker. Giants adding speed all over with Randle and David Wilson.

I guess the bolded is where our opinions differ. Our defense sounded great on paper going into the season, but they were damp tissue when it came to the practical test on many gamedays. The line underperformed and tackling from the linebackers seemed to get weaker as the year went on. And so far, the only positive note to come to the defense this year is having Fairley fully-healthy.

I read your comments and looking over some of what Schwartz is saying at their presser. Can you really believe that they thought everybody that was still available to them in the second round were "poor players" though? If that's true, why even bother drafting after this point? I'm not calling to fire the front office or anything that severe, I'm trying to not overreact that badly...but unless Broyles proves himself to be healthy early, and shows some real flashes, then they've certainly lost a lot of the good-will they built up with me over the last three years. It basically sets me back to zero as far as my opinion on Mayhew goes.

And getting rid of Eric Wright. Best thing that could have happened

And Mayhew/Schwartz were probably referring to value when they were talking about "No one else tempting enough." Just give it time. Should be a solid corner or safety when Detroit drafts in the 3rd. Still have Brandon Boykins, Truimane Johnson, The USF corner, the safety from OK. State etc. I look forward to you eating crow bro!

Afrikan

Would rather have Dixon than Jacobs though. I think Dixon out plays him in preseason, but they still might go with Jacobs for what ever reason.

In a couple of years......Hunter, James, Dixon....great set of RBs, imo :)

Hunter with the great vision and quickness....James with the home run threat, used all over the field....and Dixon as the change of pace back/cheerleader

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Finally, we'll find out if RR can actually play WR, as it was a monumental mistake going to LSU, during the days of Jordan Jefferson/Jerrett Lee.

Top Bottom