• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

UberTag

Eagles having themselves a nice little draft.

Now that he's the best rated receiver left on the board... is THIS when the Bills finally draft Marv Jones?

Doorman

Detroit's up again just as there's a run on Corners...RB time!

Ronnell Lewis huh...guess we love ourselves some Oklahoma players this year.

Brinbe

Great pick. People were pissed they didnt take him in the 3rd round. So happy he was there in the 4th.

Definitely! Aside from that questionable Foles pick, which I can live with, this has been a fantastic draft. Really don't think anyone can hate on it.

With all the significant needs taken care of, we can go so many places with these last few picks. OL depth/competition for Lewis @ RB/maybe TE to go with Celek/Harbor and perhaps a safety.

Definitely! Aside from that questionable Foles pick, which I can live with, this has been a fantastic draft. Really don't think anyone can hate on it.

With all the significant needs taken care of, we can go so many places with these last few picks. OL depth/competition for Lewis @ RB/maybe TE to go with Celek/Harbor and perhaps a safety.

Agreed. I hate the Foles pick but I am loving all the others. I have been watching Curry highlights all day since I never saw him in college, so hyped about him working with Wash. I hope they can get a tall WR at some point, and another safety for depth.

jairus wright over Streeter, mcnutt, Polk, and Boykin? That's the first move I don't like. If anything, it seems that you're drafting someone to fill Percy's role on special teams - we need a WR with #1 attributes.

Harvin/Simpson/Jenkins/Aromashadou. Even with the emphasis on two TE sets, I just don't see that corps getting it done.

You gotta believe!

I would have preferred some other picks as well.

Sappy113

Oh I don't really care about backup LBs. They can just grab those as undrafted FAs. But really, they took Pettus and Salas last year. Both those guys are just guys. No speed/slot types. They'll probably cut Pettus since he's suspended for roids.

Really don't know much about Givens. Guess he has medical and character issues. I do agree with the idea of gambling on a few guys. Boom/bust. Rams can't keep playing it safe like they did with Spags

He's got 4.4 speed. Gil Brandt called him the best route runner of all WRs in this draft. Tore both ACLs in back-to-back years, but that was in HS. He went through college relatively unscathed. Everyone could agree that the Rams needed explosive threats. Playmakers. Well, they have some now in Pead/Givens.

I still would like LG and OLB looked at, but good work so far.

LJ or anyone have a good view of Adrien Robinson? I've heard of him but know very little.

Edit: Giants apparently loved the kid. Had him in for a long visit and had an amazing spring. Team didn't have a fifth after the Rivers trade and wanted him.

Doorman

Reading over some of the stuff I'm seeing about Ronnell Lewis, it's sounding like he might sort of be our new Zack Follett--a guy who brings pain on special teams hits but might not have the mental sophistication to function as an every-down LB in a system that asks a lot of the position.

That and his hairstyle in most of these photos MUST change if I'm to ever accept him on the team.

jakncoke

Banned
So going by yahoo rankings, the top 10 left on the board are..

34) Brandon Washington G Miami Fl
43) Markelle Martin FS Ok St
47) Andrew Datko T Florida St
48) Chase Minnifield CB Virginia
50) George Iloka SS Boise St
51) Cam Johnson DE Virginia
52) Travis Lewis OLB Oklahoma
54) Josh Norman CB Coastal Carolina
55) Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska
64) Vontaze Burfict ILB Arizona St

god damn i'm sick of ESPN's "reporting"

GUESS WHAT GUYS THE GIANTS HAD 5 PLAYERS THEY WERE GOING TO CHOOSE FROM AT THE END OF THE 1ST. THEY GOT ONE OF THOSE GUYS BUT THEN HERE COMES THE 2ND ROUND AND GUESS WHAT!? ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE 5 IN RUBEN RANDLE IS SITTING THERE! INCREDIBLE!

we get it. every team in the NFL got an incredible deal when Player X fell to them in whatever round he was chosen.

LJ11

LJ or anyone have a good view of Adrien Robinson? I've heard of him but know very little.

Edit: Giants apparently loved the kid. Had him in for a long visit and had an amazing spring. Team didn't have a fifth after the Rivers trade and wanted him.

A Bills fan who likes to scout and has his own site was talking about him a few weeks ago, I looked around on his site to get a better breakdown found this blurb.

Now I’m sure there are lots of people out there saying “who?” well this was the sleeper we have been talking about since earlier in the day. He is a big TE who was somewhat out of place in the Cincy spread offense. He is very raw coming out and is a converted WR who was rated as a 3 star leaving HS. He was recruited by schools all over the place include SEC schools like Ole Miss.

Robinson is a very good pass catching TE who will need plenty of coaching and patience when it comes to seeing consistent playing time. Right now we rank him as a UDFA but we thing he’s a guy who should get snatched up quickly once the draft ends. Its also interesting to note that despite having only 12 catches this year, three of them were for TD’s. That should tell you he knows how to use his size. If you don’t believe watch this quick video of him;

Look around Buffalobillsdraft, might find more info.

MechDX

Nick Scurfield‏@NickScurfield

Close

Got this text from @JJWatt re: @Merci380: "We've got pass-rushers for days... QBs beware." #Texans #BullsOnParade

Retweeted by Whitney Mercilus

Awwwww yeah!

frazier/spielman have always said Fusco/Schwartz would have an open competition. They're a lot higher on Fusco than Degeare, and I think because he didn't end up being needed at the center position he's going to be groomed to be our next stud LG.

You're right I just mixed up Fusco and Degeare.

Top Bottom