• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Doorman

We have 0 depth at LB. If one of the starting 3 goes down, we would be fucked. With Bobby Carpenter gone, gives us no leeway. I like the picks! Like the way the draft has been going for Detroit!

I'm okay with picking up more linebacker depth, trust me. Not so much a fan of giving up next year's 4th round pick for a guy who it doesn't sound like is at all accustomed to pass defense. Lewis and Whitehead both sound like line-of-scrimmage attackers, but that does nothing to stop teams from going over-the-top on us. Any team with a good passing game will still maul us at this rate.

UberTag

Jaguars almost ready to pick again. Will they draft a second punter to back up Anger? Or perhaps they'll shake things up and draft a kicker? Or a cheerleader?

I'm okay with picking up more linebacker depth, trust me. Not so much a fan of giving up next year's 4th round pick for a guy who it doesn't sound like is at all accustomed to pass defense. Lewis and Whitehead both sound like line-of-scrimmage attackers, but that does nothing to stop teams from going over-the-top on us. Any team with a good passing game will still maul us at this rate.

meh, its all copacetic at this point

@Eznark: Go eat a dick. Cousins will have a more fruitful career holding the clipboard than Wilson will have doing anything

MechDX

http://www.dawgsports.com/2012/4/28/2977059/2012-nfl-draft-houston-texans-pick-ben-jones#comments

7115818923_dff0d1443b.jpg

You see this right here? This is a man that just ripped up the turf in a rival's stadium and ate it. This is the guy you want leading your O-Line.

I love this type of attitude! Guy will be in contention for RG on Texans O line

TheNatural

My Member!
I know it's easy to forget, but the Browns still are an NFL team.

Funny I remembered your quote, and just saw now on the ESPN chat feed:

ESPN's Jamison Hensley:
The one thing I can say about the Browns draft is they focus on high-character guys.

LOL wow. That's like scraping the bottom of the barrel for the analysts. Seriously, it's ok guys if you want to say "WTF you thinking these players are horrible."

beast786

On Tahir Whitehead

Impression: Isn't a real imposing kid, struggles vs. run game and isn't a real dynamic athlete. If he played lower it would give himself more of a chance to make a roster, but as of now looks like a free agent type linebacker as there isn't too much to get excited about.

Sounds like a great pick /s

Doorman

meh, its all copacetic at this point

Won't be copacetic when teams with a decent vertical threat can tank us 45-38. That and in general I'm just not a fan of giving away draft picks in future years. If you want to blow a sixth or seventh-rounder this year because your board doesn't show it as a deep class then fine, but now we're tying our hands for the future putting hopes on a guy that "might be a decent special-teams player." I never really like trading up unless the pick makes obvious sense and its someone the coaching staff is convinced they can turn into something.

In other news, lol at Mayock. "It's called being a chick in 2012."

why is bill polian at the draft? this is a motherfucker who had failure after failure after failure in the draft but rode peytons dick to stay employed in the league. peyton goes down and look where he is. who gives a fuck about bill polian

LJ11

Knew they would take Tank, I like him, doesn't fight off blocks but he runs around, can cover a bit, won't be able to run around blocks in the NFL though. Wanny wants guys that play fast though.

Fox318

If Cam Newton, Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III were driving to In N Out for some burgers, which QB would get the keys to the car?

Trick question, Cam Newton would have already stolen the car.

But Freeman would have eaten all of the Burgers.

Doorman

Well at least he's taller than Bentley! Don't know a thing about him but it sounds like the sort of name that would fit for a mediocre NFL corner.

Top Bottom