• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

WedgeX

Banned
Chris Greenwood DB Albion. I'm ok with stocking up at DB.

Wait. From Albion?! They have like three thousand less students than my school! Good for him.

edit:

I guess mlive did a write up on him this year:

Chris Greenwood would like to go where no Albion College football player has gone — in the NFL draft.

Greenwood, a senior defensive back for the Britons last fall, has attracted attention from NFL scouts, enough to earn him an invitation to the East-West Shrine Game. Needless to say, that’s a rarity for a player from a Division III school.

Greenwood made 24 tackles and two interceptions last season, earning a reputation that kept opponents from throwing the ball in his direction. He was an American Football Coaches Association All-American, the Defensive MVP of the MIAA and a first-team all-conference pick for the third time.

Brinbe

Dennis Kelly. Got our developmental tackle. 6'8 310? Eh, if Mudd approves... guess it's worth a shot at this point. Competition for King.

cashman

Banned
Common theme among all the cowboys players drafted is that they're all hard workers. Looks like Garrett is actually doing something to change the culture in Big D.

Doorman

Not liking this draft for the Lions at all, outside of the first round pick and Lewis...

I won't say I don't like it, but I guess I'm just ambivalent towards it for now. Outside of maybe Reiffer, I don't look at any of the players we've picked up and can confidently say "Yeah, this guy's gonna become a great starter for us." It's a whole class of question marks for now. And I don't like our history when it comes to question marks.

Not liking this draft for the Lions at all, outside of the first round pick and Lewis...

I am loving it. So excited for what we are going to do offensively after adding Broyles and I have the biggest boner for Riley Reiff..... like a raging boner.

Some good developmental picks in Greewood and Whithead, while Lewis will be an enforcer on special teams and another possible developmental player a la Follet was. Then you have "Bill", the corner we drafted yesterday, whom Schwartz personally scouted at the either the Shrine game or Senior bowl. They seem high on him too!

RBH

If I see that fucking Verizon commercial with the crying mother and daughter one more time, I'm going to dropkick somebody.

WedgeX

Banned
I am loving it. So excited for what we are going to do offensively after adding Broyles and I have the biggest boner for Riley Reiff..... like a raging boner.

Some good developmental picks in Greewood and Whithead, while Lewis will be an enforcer on special teams and another possible developmental player a la Follet was. Then you have "Bill", the corner we drafted yesterday, whom Schwartz personally scouted at the either the Shrine game or Senior bowl. They seem high on him too!

And we all know what happens when Schwartz gets high on a guy.

bildeNewTbl1SiteC4Date20111120CategorySPORTS01ArtNo111200804RefPHItem5Maxw620Maxh465q60.jpg

Cagey

Banned
About sick of this Verizon commercial with the crying mom/daughter. It's torturous.

If I see that fucking Verizon commercial with the crying mother and daughter one more time, I'm going to dropkick somebody.

That's advertisers knowing their demographics: a bunch of guys watching the NFL Draft? Tell them that buying Verizon phones will making their whiny fucking wife and daughter STFU.

Doorman

About sick of this Verizon commercial with the crying mom/daughter. It's torturous.
I was ABOUT TO POST THIS, for reals.

I guess I'm still not wholly convinced that adding Broyles allows us to do anything that we couldn't already manage with Calvin, Titus, Nate, Pettigrew and Scheffler, along with other depth guys. A potential but not guaranteed upgrade with a rookie in Reiff, but I also doubt that our offensive line is going to have the same good year protecting Stafford as well as they did. Our defense, especially the line, did not live up to the hype, we lost our second-rank corner and all we're bringing in to improve the defense is a bunch of developmental guys. Basically, I look at games like we had against the Packers and Saints and continue to see them play out next year the same way they did this past one.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Yeah I'm liking the Greenwood pick a lot.

Chris Greenwood, CB – Albion, – Chris Greenwood is not a household name, but he has been showing NFL scouts that he has what it takes to play in the next level. Greenwood is a Division 3 player who went to the Michigan pro day and ended up blowing away the scouts. He ran a 4.34 forty, had a 43 inch vertical and an 11’2 broad jump. His film was by far way more interesting. Greenwood was a ball hawk at Albion and was able to use his long arms to jump routes. Greenwood is a 6’0 corner who has the ability to play bump and run and stick with the player. He has what it takes, and is on the rise. He has been very busy this offseason on workouts with NFL teams.

The guy is 6-1, 193, runs a 4.4, has a 43 inch vertical. He is an athletic freak and had big production. He comes from a small school (DIII) so he should be available late. Get excited about this one guys.

I trust Mayhew.

And we all know what happens when Schwartz gets high on a guy.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/WedgeXXV/NFL%20GAF/bildeNewTbl1SiteC4Date20111120CategorySPORTS01ArtNo111200804RefPHItem5Maxw620Maxh465q60.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]https://p.twimg.com/ArlwxkTCEAAMRAz.jpg

Just look at those 3 studs. And 1 of them is going to work the middle of the field like Freeman works over tacos.

hint:
its the one in the middle!

Doorman

Just look at those 3 studs. And 1 of them is going to work the middle of the field like Freeman works over tacos.

hint:
its the one in the middle!

I dunno man, I could easily picture Mayhew putting down quite a few Doritos Locos once the draft is over with.

I won't say I don't like it, but I guess I'm just ambivalent towards it for now. Outside of maybe Reiffer, I don't look at any of the players we've picked up and can confidently say "Yeah, this guy's gonna become a great starter for us." It's a whole class of question marks for now. And I don't like our history when it comes to question marks.

Question marks on top of the question marks from last year. Fairley seems legit, although we haven't seen enough of him to make definitive opinions. LeShore is a giant question mark, Douglas Hogue is a development player, Johnny Culbreath didn't appear in a single game.

I look at the Bears and see an improved team over last year, when they probably would have finished ahead of us if Cutler didn't go down. And we haven't improved.

effzee

Really liking the Eagles draft so far.

I wish they selected more than one LB and maybe were able to make a move for Upshaw but I like that they didn't even care to look at the offensive side of the ball except for OT in the 4th round for depth.

Love the Curry and Boykins picks!

Of course they could all turn out to be busts but on paper the Eagles finally didn't reach for players, drafted the best players available, and those players also happened to be the positions of need (DT, LB, DE, CB).

Giving up 34, 20 to Philly and 37, 31 to the Giants is a decent explanation for why that took so long.

And I'm sure that taking the 72nd ranked safety in this year's draft in the 4th round is going to fix that. I'm not really liking this Cowboys draft outside the Claiborne pick so far.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I still can't help but LOL @ the fact Washington drafted Kirk Cousins.

Considering all they traded to get RG3, why would they not use that pick to help him whether it be on the offensive or defensive side?

How could you trust a goober like this?

kirk-cousins-12jpg-88a95d263ec60667.jpg

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
oh wizard. when am i going to die and how?

Did you know that David DeCastro was a Seahawks fan? Sound familiar? :p

Seriously, Rainey was an obvious pick, given the Steelers' penchant for stealing talented skill guys late in the draft. Todd Haley is going to line that guy up all over the place. Solid offensive line, Ben, Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown, Chris Rainey, Baron Batch, Isaac Redman, Heath Miller, Jericho Cotchery and Emmanuel Sanders? Shiiiiiiiiiiet! We're gonna need more footballs!

I look at the Bears and see an improved team over last year, when they probably would have finished ahead of us if Cutler didn't go down. And we haven't improved.

Ok, the bears did not get better. Brandon Marshall with be effective in like 3 games this year, when he isn't bitching about something. Their first round pick, Shea, is a 260 lb DE that should be playing a 3-4 olb, which the Bears do not play. Alshon Jeffery is a fat, unmotivated WR that will gain Freeman levels of weight once he gets his first paycheck and finds the local Tace Bell in Chicago. They have done nothing to improve an offensive line that has 1 competent blocker in Gabe Carimi, who will probably get hurt again. Jay Cutler is a little bitch who will never be successful because he sits out after any sort of injury. (see the thumb from last year and the knee in the fucking NFC championship game). And the Bears defense is old as fuck and has 1 talented player left in Peppers. They will be at the bottom of the NFC North this year

I still can't help but LOL @ the fact Washington drafted Kirk Cousins.

Considering all they traded to get RG3, why would they not use that pick to help him whether it be on the offensive or defensive side?

How could you trust a goober like this?

kirk-cousins-12jpg-88a95d263ec60667.jpg

That goober crushed Michigan 3 years in a row, biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

Junie12

Sucks that the Dolphins passed on so many receivers in this draft, but you can't fill every need in one draft. Build the base of the team first (QB and O-line) and then next year go finished it off with a 1st round receiver.

Not that a receiver would make this team a contender anyway, we're years away from that so I'm not too mad about this.

WedgeX

Banned
Ok, the bears did not get better. Brandon Marshall with be effective in like 3 games this year, when he isn't bitching about something. Their first round pick, Shea, is a 260 lb DE that should be playing a 3-4 olb, which the Bears do not play. Alshon Jeffery is a fat, unmotivated WR that will gain Freeman levels of weight once he gets his first paycheck and finds the local Tace Bell in Chicago. They have done nothing to improve an offensive line that has 1 competent blocker in Gabe Carimi, who will probably get hurt again. Jay Cutler is a little bitch who will never be successful because he sits out after any sort of injury. (see the thumb from last year and the knee in the fucking NFC championship game). And the Bears defense is old as fuck and has 1 talented player left in Peppers. They will be at the bottom of the NFC North this year

That goober crushed Michigan 3 years in a row, biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

Chicago has an even more dangerous temptress than Taco Bell.

chicago.jpg

SyNapSe

So does anyone know who seem to be shaping up to be top 5 picks next year? Anybody stick out as a for sure stud player?

Top 5? Well, it'll probably be a couple of qb's depending on how they play next season. Barkley, Wilson, Bray, Jones. depending how they show. Throw in probably DJ Fluker.

It's silly to predict because things can change so much. Barkley's probably the only one out of that list to go top 5 for sure

Cagey

Banned

I agree with most of this. McClellen in a 4-3, particularly the Bears Tampa 2-style 4-3, makes no sense to me. Brandon Marshall is a volume WR whose cumulative numbers tend to obscure his lack of impact on the game, though teaming with Cutler is a good thing. Cutler getting hurt derailed the Bears, but they did nothing to make sure Cutler won't get hurt again... poor bastard. He gon' die.

I don't think they're cellar-dwellers, but I don't think they improve very much on last season.

Top Bottom