• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

overcast

Top 5? Well, it'll probably be a couple of qb's depending on how they play next season. Barkley, Wilson, Bray, Jones. depending how they show. Throw in probably DJ Fluker.

It's silly to predict because things can change so much. Barkley's probably the only one out of that list to go top 5 for sure
I figured as much. Yeah, I remember last year Alshon Jeffrey was to be the 6th pick or something on one of the mocks I read.

Barkley will definitely be a top 5 pick.

WedgeX

Banned
Could you send that to me frozen in dry ice or something? I'd kill for a proper chicago style deep dish.

Sabotaged myself. After fishing around for a picture I'm dying for a good deep dish. None of the pizza places around here make them. And four hours from Chi-town!

Have no idea why we drafted another QB. Would have liked to have seen a WR or TE taken but can't hate on them concentrating on the Oline. A safety is a need as well.

Subitai

Chargers took a Penn St guy eh
Yeah I think we can agree when he wasn't in the doghouse, the line was much better.

I still can't help but LOL @ the fact Washington drafted Kirk Cousins.

Considering all they traded to get RG3, why would they not use that pick to help him whether it be on the offensive or defensive side?

How could you trust a goober like this?

kirk-cousins-12jpg-88a95d263ec60667.jpg
This.

Until we know more, I'll be content to blame it on Snyder. I really can't see why Shanahan would waste a pick on someone who doesn't fit as well in his system and doesn't bring anything more than Grossman or Beck.

Edit: I just heard on ESPN they released Beck, so it was a cap move.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Kirk Cousins has necromancer powers you better watch your fucking mouth.

Cousins was DESTROYED by Alabama back in the 2010 cap one bowl. First opposing QB I've actually felt sorry for.

Don't see DJ Fluker being a top 5 guy. Strong as an OX, massive dude, and has gotten better at pass blocking, but he was relagated to the RT position for his entire career. Do you go top 5 for a RT?

Cousins was DESTROYED by Alabama back in the 2010. First opposing QB I actually felt sorry for.

You guys beat up on an awful offensive line. It was so hard to watch. That game had me come to the realization that Marcell Dareus was the greatest D-tackle ever

And, Courtney Upshaw was a stud that game. Pulling my hair out!

SyNapSe

Cousins was DESTROYED by Alabama back in the 2010 cap one bowl. First opposing QB I've actually felt sorry for.

Really? You didn't feel bad for Gilbert? Hey freshman, you haven't played all year but McCoy's out. All we need for you to do is win the national championship. Toss a couple of warm up throws and get out there. Oh yeah, the only guy worth throwing to is Shipley.

Lonestar

Really? You didn't feel bad for Gilbert? Hey freshman, you haven't played all year but McCoy's out. All we need for you to do is win the national championship. Toss a couple of warm up throws and get out there. Oh yeah, the only guy worth throwing to is Shipley.

I felt a little bit sad, but come on, its a championship game, I was more giddy because "we had it in the bag." Which the defense must have felt also, and forgot that Shipley was a pretty good WR for a couple series.

Kevtones

Cliff Harris is such a fucking steal at this point.

In 2010 he had one of the best statistical years any defensive back has EVER had.
If he had come he'd a been gone in the top 50, without question.

Too bad, really.

SyNapSe

I felt a little bit sad, but come on, its a championship game, I was more giddy because "we had it in the bag." Which the defense must have felt also, and forgot that Shipley was a pretty good WR for a couple series.

I suppose I say it more because he did ok but failing in that incredibly difficult situation seemed to ruin him. I probably wouldn't have felt bad at the time either (if it were my team).

eznark

Banned
Trading up to get a giant red flag like Manning is gross. Especially since he doesn't have a home in a 3-4.

Anyone else playing Tribes? Fun little diversion.

Lonestar

I suppose I say it more because he did ok but failing in that incredibly difficult situation seemed to ruin him. I probably wouldn't have felt bad at the time either (if it were my team).

combo of Texas was a BCS title game, and the game was still in question when the starter went out. MSU was in a regular bowl game, not as important, and the Starter was in the game long enough for the game to be over. Alabama killed Cousins, then retired the Backup QB, then maimed the WR they put in to take snaps as a QB (the WR is the guy who got the hail mary against Wincy).

LukeSmith

What in the shit? We just drafted a slow, fatty running back who fumbles on 2% of his touches?

This transition to a 3-4 D is going to be awful.

Our defense is going to be like a drunk 17 year old cheerleader's legs on prom night. Everybody scores

WedgeX

Banned
Trading up to get a giant red flag like Manning is gross. Especially since he doesn't have a home in a 3-4.

Anyone else playing Tribes? Fun little diversion.

The newest incarnation? My brother was showing me the beta a few weeks ago. Played the original heavily, but T3 left a bad taste in my mouth. Is there proper skiing?

Lonestar

Chapman is a large, insanely strong NT. Good for Run stuffing, but has no moves for rushing the QB. But, a NT in a 3-4, isn't really needed for that.

How did you go about making it?

We used a recipe from America's Test Kitchen. Just followed the directions. Everything was made from scratch. You know, I have tried several recipes from that site, and without fail, they have been the best tasting version of whatever I was making I had ever tasted.

I made gumbo the other day using their recipe, and it was mindblowing. The Cincy chili also wasn't nothin' to sneeze at.

LukeSmith

Chapman is a large, insanely strong NT. Good for Run stuffing, but has no moves for rushing the QB. But, a NT in a 3-4, isn't really needed for that.

Yeah that's just one pick though. And didn't he play on a torn ACL? I can't believe we blew a pick on a guy with a shredded ACL/Meniscus.

Redskins lol

eznark

Banned
Luke, who needs a defense when you have the Gomer Twins on offense?

The newest incarnation? My brother was showing me the beta a few weeks ago. Played the original heavily, but T3 left a bad taste in my mouth. Is there proper skiing?

Yeah, Ascend. There is skiing, I'm not a Tribes nerd so I have no idea if it is proper (I've long hated the franchise. The second bug-filled monstrosity of shit caused me to quit PC gaming for half a decade).

Jumped into a few matches and it's solid for a FTP game. Same with Super MNC. Both very good, and leaps and bounds better than their beta's.

Hopefully that pile of garbage Diablo III follows suit.

SyNapSe

combo of Texas was a BCS title game, and the game was still in question when the starter went out. MSU was in a regular bowl game, not as important, and the Starter was in the game long enough for the game to be over. Alabama killed Cousins, then retired the Backup QB, then maimed the WR they put in to take snaps as a QB (the WR is the guy who got the hail mary against Wincy).

I think we can come to a truce if you can deliver against Misery. Don't beat them, humiliate and teabag most of their players.

Lonestar

Yeah that's just one pick though. And didn't he play on a torn ACL? I can't believe we blew a pick on a guy with a shredded ACL/Meniscus.

Redskins lol

Alabama does that though. I'm sure it's Saban's fault, but players are playing with significant injuries.

Chapman and his knee
Barron playing with a torn pectoral muscle
Dareus and Upshaw played seasons with high ankle sprains
Kirkpatrick has played with messed up shoulders
Julio Jones broke his left hand and got screws put in...and played better.

Slo

NFL pushed the Minney stadium issue to a full Senate vote. Seems like this is going to finally decide things either way soon.

The good news is now every senator will have to make their stance public on it.

effzee

Agreed. I hate the Foles pick but I am loving all the others. I have been watching Curry highlights all day since I never saw him in college, so hyped about him working with Wash. I hope they can get a tall WR at some point, and another safety for depth.

Curry is a die-hard Eagles fan. Means nothing and he could be a bust but its fucking awesome.

Boykins pick is awesome too. All potential and on paper stuff right now but its hard not to get excited right now because for once they didn't reach, took the best players on the board, and still were able to address needs on D.

Top Bottom