• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

bluemax

Banned
Seahawks UDFAs:

WR Phil Bates, Ohio University
CB London Durham, McNeese State
OG Rishaw Johnson, California (Pa.)
WR Jermaine Kearse, Washington
TE Sean McGrath, Henderson State (Ark.)
OT Jon Opperud, Montana
DB DeShawn Shead, Portland State
DE Monte Taylor, Cincinnati
WR Lavasier Tuinei, Oregon
K Carson Wiggs, Purdue

Only one I know about is Kearse

Canuck76

Banned
I might buy a Vita depending how Madden is on it.

Since I've basically moved to PC besides NBA 2k12 there aren't many sports games.

I'm interested in vita for this as well. I have a 360 but being able to take NBA2k or NHL 13 on the road would be awesome.

Anyone have fifa for it? I hear it's pretty good.

eznark

Banned
Yeah I bought it at 170 like a dope.

Going through OoT was fun again. Really hated KI:U. Looking forward to Mario Tennis though.

GhostReconShadowWars_Box.jpg

Kevtones

Seahawks UDFAs:

WR Phil Bates, Ohio University
CB London Durham, McNeese State
OG Rishaw Johnson, California (Pa.)
WR Jermaine Kearse, Washington
TE Sean McGrath, Henderson State (Ark.)
OT Jon Opperud, Montana
DB DeShawn Shead, Portland State
DE Monte Taylor, Cincinnati
WR Lavasier Tuinei, Oregon
K Carson Wiggs, Purdue

Only one I know about is Kearse

He could be a small TE. I think he makes the team. I was pretty surprised he didn't get more love because he's got good size (although it comes with iffy speed). Fantastic hands too.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Just got home and saw the rest of the Lions draft.

I have no clue what Mayhew is doing.

RBH

Jacksonville defends their selection of a punter in the 3rd round:

"I think it will be evident when you get a chance to see him punt: He’s got a strong history which I feel will transfer to this level in helping us defensively with the yardage we can gain in field position,” general manager Gene Smith said.

“… He’s the player in that round at your pick that you feel can upgrade your football team. I think that’s an easy decision for me, to get a starter in the third round.”

Calling a punter a starter is beyond a stretch.

The Jaguars' defense played 970 plays in 2011. The Jaguars' offense played 958 plays. The Jaguars punted 99 times.

“I think it’s first downs that you gain,” Smith said in a further defense of the pick. “And I feel like in the third round it’s not a round that you always get proven starters."
The goal is not to punt, and you drafted a punter. That was the first thing a reporter in Jacksonville said to coach Mike Mularkey after the pick.

“And hold, hold for extra points,” Mularkey said. “If you want to write about him, he’s a really good holder for extra points and field goals, and he just so happens to be a difference-maker when it comes to punting.”

Oh, he holds, too? Well, that changes everything.
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/36528/a-punter-jaguars-reached-in-third-round

effzee

How do fellow Eagles fans feel we did in the draft?

On potential alone, pretty solid. I would even go out on a limb and give them an A.

It seemed different for sure. They didn't reach for some scrub who was projected to go in the 6th and pick him in the 3rd. The QB pick was a bit dubious, but Cox, Kendricks, Curry(!), and Boykins were great picks for when they were picked and for the needs they fill immediately.

But of course half these guys, at best, will never pan out. I just want a killer DLine that stops the run in addition to just sacks. Adding Cox to Jenkins, Dixon, and Landri should be great. If Graham ever plays up to potential, with Cole, Babin, and now Curry we can have a killer DLINE.

LBs should be 10 times better with Ryans at MLB. Kendricks should be able to start day 1. Still would have liked another pick up here but oh well this is Reid we are talking about. Them making a move for Ryans was uncharacteristic enough.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member

What in the world was he thinking leaving Eugene? There's gotta be something to it. Was he scared he wouldn't be the starter this year? Does he have a bad relationship with the Chipster? There has to be something. He didn't look in the mirror one day and honestly believe he was NFL ready.

Kevtones

What in the world was he thinking leaving Eugene? There's gotta be something to it. Was he scared he wouldn't be the started this year? Does he have a bad relationship with the Chipster? There has to be something. He didn't look in the mirror one day and honestly believe he was NFL ready.

Judging by the way Mariotta played today and the way Bennett played last year, it actually doesn't seem that crazy. Both of those players are more talented and arguably better than Thomas.

That said, I'm really surprised Thomas got no love. He's got good size, an upper-echelon arm, and is one of the most athletic QBs in the draft. His big knock is accuracy but he looked insanely good against Wisconsin. Seems like the 'system-quarterback' thing weighed against him, too.

Also, after the rough start I thought he thoroughly outplayed Cam Newton in the MNC. When Fairley and company shut down our running game, he kept us in it almost single-handedly. Really gutty dude.

Godslay

Banned
Ive been playing my Vita steadily. Working through a season in MLB, and really enjoying Ys Oath in Felgana. Ive never played a Ys before this one, but its great so far. Action rpg, wonderful vo, and challenging.

Doorman

Just got home and saw the rest of the Lions draft.

I have no clue what Mayhew is doing.

He's going to take all of our linebackers and defensive backs now, and...

...well, two words: Cage match.

The only thing that confuses me now are some of the trades. Did they really feel a pressing need to give away a 4th rounder next year to move up and get Whitehead?

Top Bottom