• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Judging by the way Mariotta played today and the way Bennett played last year, it actually doesn't seem that crazy. Both of those players are more talented and arguably better than Thomas.

That said, I'm really surprised Thomas got no love. He's got good size, an upper-echelon arm, and is one of the most athletic QBs in the draft. His big knock is accuracy but he looked insanely good against Wisconsin. Seems like the 'system-quarterback' thing weighed against him, too.

Also, after the rough start I thought he thoroughly outplayed Cam Newton in the MNC. When Fairley and company shut down our running game, he kept us in it almost single-handedly. Really gutty dude.

Are there any Oregon players you don't like? You seem surprised that every Oregon player in the draft "didn't get more love."

Omega

Banned
On potential alone, pretty solid. I would even go out on a limb and give them an A.

It seemed different for sure. They didn't reach for some scrub who was projected to go in the 6th and pick him in the 3rd. The QB pick was a bit dubious, but Cox, Kendricks, Curry(!), and Boykins were great picks for when they were picked and for the needs they fill immediately.

But of course half these guys, at best, will never pan out. I just want a killer DLine that stops the run in addition to just sacks. Adding Cox to Jenkins, Dixon, and Landri should be great. If Graham ever plays up to potential, with Cole, Babin, and now Curry we can have a killer DLINE.

LBs should be 10 times better with Ryans at MLB. Kendricks should be able to start day 1. Still would have liked another pick up here but oh well this is Reid we are talking about. Them making a move for Ryans was uncharacteristic enough.

Yeah the QB thing was weird to me. I thought we should have went with a safety instead. Kafka is a pretty solid backup so there was no real reason to draft a QB. I know Reid likes to develop these players then trade them away for picks but we should have addressed a need.

Other than that though, I can't complain. Better than drafting a punter..

Hopefully our dline lives up to potential.

Kevtones

Haha, the last Cougar QB to beat the Ducks. Wait, that isn't funny :( So you're from Eugene then? Stayed in town for college?

Yeah, lol. Born and raised! Stayed for school because I couldn't afford to go out of state. I grew up on campus (actually across the street from the house that was Dean Wermer's in Animal House).

Brink went to my Middle School (we were friends) and he left everyone to go to Sheldon because South Eugene HS had a shit football team/Sheldon was great. Played

It made sense but we were fucking bitter about it!

Fox318

Whats wrong with that?

yVtBN.gif

Nightz

Went to the mall today and saw the new Nike Gameday replica jerseys (the cheapest one). They actually look pretty good, and definitely don't look crappy like Reebok's replicas with the holes in the numbers. In fact, I might not even wait for the Limited jerseys to come out in June and just pick up a Gameday. They only had Rivers jerseys so far though...waiting for a Gates or even a Melvin Ingram to show up.

Fox318

Went to the mall today and saw the new Nike Gameday replica jerseys (the cheapest one). They actually look pretty good, and definitely don't look crappy like Reebok's replicas with the holes in the numbers. In fact, I might not even wait for the Limited jerseys to come out in June and just pick up a Gameday. They only had Rivers jerseys so far though...waiting for a Gates or even a Melvin Ingram to show up.

After getting an Authentic Jersey unless I got a replica for dirt cheap I don't think I could settle for less.

Can't wait to see the jerseys in person.

Top Bottom