• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

LevelNth

Banned
Have to say I'm very pleased with the Cardinals draft, especially when we didn't even have a second rounder...
I have to say, I may be biased (obviously), but I don't mind at all that you guys chose not to upgrade your OL at all until the 4th, and took Floyd instead. Is he awesome? Yes, no doubt, and he'll be a handful with Fitz on the other side, but combine the Cards terrible OL with the mediocre QB situation and inconsistency of your run game thanks to Band-aid Beanie, and it'll be tough to maximize Floyd's contributions right away.

jakncoke said:
players are at after 3-4 years.
I get it. Specifically 3-4 years down the line. You've had time to see how they've developed. The week after the draft? I find it fairly useless. So they gave the Giants an A for Wilson? Yay. That means nothing to me until he gets on the field and shows why he was worthy of that pick. It just comes off as content filler on these sites.

Bowser said:
I know they're dumb, I just felt like raining on his parade :p
Heh, it's all good. I get why they're posted. Not meaning to rain on anyones parade as far as draft grades go. Just my own person view on them is all.

Bowser

This is the worst. This guy is fucking clueless

Reading comprehension ftw

Teams that address their statistical weak links in the draft and free agency tend to improve the following season. Teams that fail to address those statistical weak links are doomed to suffer the same fate over and again. We often call this our “Fillability Index” – how successful teams are at filling their statistical weak links.

So here are our first-round grades based not on the likelihood that a particular player will succeed or fail – nobody knows, not even those who pretend to know. Instead, these grades are based on show smartly each pick addresses those pesky statistical weak links.

eznark

Banned
I get it. Specifically 3-4 years down the line. You've had time to see how they've developed. The week after the draft? I find it fairly useless. So they gave the Giants an A for Wilson? Yay. That means nothing to me until he gets on the field and shows why he was worthy of that pick. It just comes off as content filler on these sites.

Clearly, but like Mock Drafts its a convenient format to glean information on guys that you might know nothing about.

I've forwarded all draft grades to HoFinley so that he can learn who his new teammates are (until the Packers trade his bitch ass).

Instead, these grades are based on show smartly each pick addresses those pesky statistical weak links.

How embarrassing

That is the worst site I have ever read.

No. 12 – Philadelphia Eagles – Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State

The Eagles did one thing very well last year. They were No. 8 on the Cold, Hard Football Facts Defensive Hog Index and best in the NFL at pressuring the passer: No. 1 in both sacks (50) and at forcing Negative Pass Play (11.4 percent of opponent dropbacks ended in sack or INT). Philly chose to accentuate a strength rather than fill a statistical weakness. He is stud talent, though: a big man with explosive speed.

Grade: D-

LOL at giving teams a low grade because they drafted BPA, and didnt reach to fill a need, not even counting the fact that a DT that can help stop the run was actually a need for the Eagles.

I did. I played through the first episode and it's excellent. Easily the best of the Telltale games.

Good story too which ties nicely into the comic. Some decent cameos by some big name characters and locations.

eznark

Banned
It's the first telltale game ever that I didn't preorder the season pass for. Jurassic Park was so fucking bad and I just couldn't care less about Walking Dead. I did download the demo and will give it a shot. Might pick up the first episode.

eznark said:
Jurassic Park was so fucking bad and I just couldn't care less about Walking Dead. I did download the demo and will give it a shot. Might pick up the first episode.
It's so much better than Jurassic (which I agree was terrible). They dumped the endless QTE bullshit from that game. Definitely give it a shot.

eznark

Banned
I want to so bad, I love fighting games on handhelds, but my vita backlog is getting crazy. I still havent even gotten Disgaea 3 yet.

:jnc!

If the game has the full story mode I can't recommend it enough. Best single player fighting game ever, by a fucking mile.

:jnc!

If the game has the full story mode I can't recommend it enough. Best single player fighting game ever, by a fucking mile.

I havent finished Uncharted yet, barely played Wipeout, still want to play more of the Show, and I want to pick up Disgaea 3 and sink a few hundred hours into that. Right now there are a lot of vita games that I would like to play but I am crazy busy. I havent even been gaming on any consoles lately.

You can't really agree with this guy, can you? You are going to complain about Detroit taking a top 15 talent at pick 23 to help improve an old and busted offensive line? Cmon son

I have never said anything bad about the Reiff pick, we need help on the o line. He's basically the second best o liner in the draft, of course I like the pick at 23

My problem is with the WR with the busted knee. I get that our secondary was injured late in the season, and perhaps Meyhew feels that's the reason we got torched. But if that's the case, why not go out and stack talent at that position, starting with a second round draft pick. It just doesn't make sense.

Kosmo

Banned
I have never said anything bad about the Reiff pick, we need help on the o line. He's basically the second best o liner in the draft, of course I like the pick at 23

My problem is with the WR with the busted knee. I get that our secondary was injured late in the season, and perhaps Meyhew feels that's the reason we got torched. But if that's the case, why not go out and stack talent at that position, starting with a second round draft pick. It just doesn't make sense.

Who are you, Mike Valenti? People are acting like Boyles just tore up his knee last month. He is ahead of schedule, already running a 4.5/40 and said he is getting more and more confidence cutting off it every day.

I can understand what you're saying, but Broyles is an all star receiver who got injured and slid in the draft. He is such a talented guy. Like I told Plinko, Nate is running on fumes by the end of the year and Broyles will be the guy who takes over, and does a better job than Nate ever did, when the year is over.

And the DB scenario will be ok. I think the D-line comes in rejuvinated and gets a heavier pass rush and does a better job against the run this year, while Tulloch and crew clean up. We drafted a guy in Bentley who can be a very good player, while the guy from Albion is a physical monster who will be in the line up next year when he gets the game down.

And the steal of the draft is Travis Lewis from Oklahoma. He was a monster for the Sooners and slid because of overrated combine outcomes. He will be a very good player in a year or two. I really love what Detroit did with the draft this year and it will play MASSIVE dividends in the next year or two

LevelNth

Banned
Who are you, Mike Valenti? People are acting like Boyles just tore up his knee last month. He is ahead of schedule, already running a 4.5/40 and said he is getting more and more confidence cutting off it every day.
Lions GM Martin Mayhew confirmed that No. 54 overall pick Ryan Broyles (ACL surgery) is a candidate to begin the year on PUP.
Snap.

Cards top 10 pick next year really probably should be a qb lol
Can't call Kolb a bust until after this season. He has every opportunity now and no excuses. Make or break year for him. I'm happy with Skelton as plan B, if he can just increase his accuracy he can become a very good QB.

Oh noes! Seriously, I get a huge chuckle out of all the morons on the internet that gave us a C or worse.
I have to say, I may be biased (obviously), but I don't mind at all that you guys chose not to upgrade your OL at all until the 4th, and took Floyd instead. Is he awesome? Yes, no doubt, and he'll be a handful with Fitz on the other side, but combine the Cards terrible OL with the mediocre QB situation and inconsistency of your run game thanks to Band-aid Beanie, and it'll be tough to maximize Floyd's contributions right away.

It doesn't matter what round you upgrade at, it's the talent you choose. How many first round busts have their been? A large portion of solid OL players have come from later rounds and I think Massie will work out great. I don't think Reiff is that far above Massie, no where near the gap between Floyd and whatever WR's would be available in the third round on. Floyd over Reiff was the right decision. Our whole OL isn't terrible either, just the tackles. Levi really stepped it up for the final stretch last year, the question is if he just did it for a contract or not. If he can build off that, he'll be serviceable at LT and Massie should be solid at RT, hopefully sooner than later. Our OL should be much improved this year. They really only need to be mediocre with all the weapons we have now. Shouldn't be hard for Fitz or Floyd to get open on any given play, QB won't need much time. Beanie fought through his injury last year and had his career season, he's not the liability he was the previous year. We'll also have Ryan Williams back who was looking like a stud before he was injured in the pre-season. He'll take a good portion of the load off of Beanie for a balanced attack that will keep each fresh and hopefully lower Beanie's injury count. Our offense will be a new beast this year, just wait and see!

Bowser

DrcGq.gif

After Seattle took Irvin, the Seahawks got a call from Jets headquarters. New York "good-naturedly" cursed at the Seahawks for taking the guy they planned to draft one pick later, according Len Pasquarelli of the SportsXchange. Irvin was also believed to be on the short list of candidates in Chicago, Green Bay, and San Francisco. One general manager called Irvin the "hottest player in the draft."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...rabbed-bruce-irvin?module=HP11_headline_stack

wtf?

PhatSaqs

Banned
But those wholes were addressed. And only one of those deficiences could be addressed with that pick. The following positions were addressed during the draft and even more with UDFA.

OL - draft, UDFA and returning rookies from 2011 that got extensive playing time due to injury.
Safety - 2 safeties during FA, one during the draft and more via UDFA.
DB - 1 during FA, 1 during the draft.
ILB - 1 during FA, 1 during the draft.

So, it's simply not true that positions of need weren't addressed.

We have a vet, and that's Rex. Rex is the backup, end of story. Cousins will learn behind RGIII, he'll prolly be on the scout team. But for 2013+, he'll back the 2nd string guy. Rex could still be onboard but as the third string guy.

My boys take a lot of flak and deservingly so. They've been raked over the coals for a lack of continuity, preparation, depth, etc. etc. So, they make a great value pick, get the BPA and SOLIDY a position and they're still wrong?

And since when did the backup QB not become a position of need?

In this QB starved league, someone like the Browns could bite on something like this. If RGIII missed a game or two and Cousins looks good. Why not move him for a 2nd or 3rd, recoup some of what was lost during the RGIII trade...

And even if that doesn't happen, at the end of the day, we have a long-term viable option at the backup position.
This +100. Shanny is smarter than most people to seem to think. And Skip Bayless needs to lose his voice.

Jerry Reese just did a 25 minute interview with Francessa on WFAN. The fat man totally soft balled Reese. Not a single question on the Osi situation or anything other than PR ball washing. Poor form and I'm a Reese devotee!

LJ11

Bark Mingo is going top 5 if he comes out next year based on the Irvin interest, which I don't necessarily believe. Mingo can actually play, Jones will be in the top 10 along with Montgomery (if he comes out). Stacked pass rushing class next year, stacked DL talent across the board.

That said, if C.Clemons can notch close to a dozen in that system, Irvin can definitely get close his rookie year if not more.

Draxal

Jerry Reese just did a 25 minute interview with Francessa on WFAN. The fat man totally soft balled Reese. Not a single question on the Osi situation or anything other than PR ball washing. Poor form and I'm a Reese devotee!

Well, you know that whole bit about Eli not allowed to go on Espn Radio anymore, I have a feeling it's about trying to placate the team that they broadcast (versus the Jets and Espn Radio).

Top Bottom