• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

SonnyBoy

I think picking another QB up would have been more defensible if it was someone who could emulate RGIII's talents. But you pick that kind of guy up in the 6th or 7th round, not at the top of the 4th. The pick just smells like the Skins saw Cousins there at the top of the 4th and were like "hey, we MIGHT be able to peddle this guy off in the future for something better than a 4th round pick!" which probably shouldn't be the way a team drafts.

I don't believe that he was drafted just sell him off later. It'd take too much time and development to draft someone in HOPES that you can get something back later.

Mike worked with this guy during the senior bowl I believe (please correct me if im wrong). He had intimate knowledge of his work ethic, practice habits, etc etc. The guy was sitting there for the taking.

We had John Fucking Beck and the Sex Cannon last year, you can't pass up on a guy that you believe in and you're getting value for the pick. I dont want a coach that wont pick a player because of how fans or the media might perceive it. IF this guy garners the team a pick in the future, that's icing on the cake.

Bowser

I don't believe that he was drafted just sell him off later. It'd take too much time and development to draft someone in HOPES that you can get something back later.

Mike worked with this guy during the senior bowl I believe (please correct me if im wrong). He had intimate knowledge of his work ethic, practice habits, etc etc. The guy was sitting there for the taking.

We had John Fucking Beck and the Sex Cannon last year, you can't pass up on a guy that you believe in and you're getting value for the pick. I dont want a coach that wont pick a player because of how fans or the media might perceive it. IF this guy garners the team a pick in the future, that's icing on the cake.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Saturday that the Redskins drafted Kirk Cousins in the fourth round with the intention of "developing" him and trading Cousins for draft picks down the road. The Cousins pick has drawn media flak due to a phony QB controversy, though Cousins won't even be Robert Griffin III's backup. He'll be a third-stringer, and Rex Grossman will play if Griffin struggles. The Redskins will hope that Cousins' arm gets stronger and he adds some weight while riding the bench. At worst, the Redskins have themselves a potentially quality long-term backup. At best, Cousins will bring back a second-round pick in a few years.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/7486/kirk-cousins

I don't disagree, I didn't like the pick. I just hate the idea that it creates a "controversy". RGIII is the man in DC. It will be his job to lose and I doubt the Cousins pick will mess with his head or hurt his development.

True. I'm more concerned with the Redskins lack of focus on surrounding him with young talent to help him out. He's going to be thrown into the fray without many weapons and if he struggles yes, people will wonder whether Cousins should start.

I have to say, I may be biased (obviously), but I don't mind at all that you guys chose not to upgrade your OL at all until the 4th, and took Floyd instead. Is he awesome? Yes, no doubt, and he'll be a handful with Fitz on the other side, but combine the Cards terrible OL with the mediocre QB situation and inconsistency of your run game thanks to Band-aid Beanie, and it'll be tough to maximize Floyd's contributions right away.
So they're just like the 49ers then.

SonnyBoy

Bowser, I'd rather listen to the Head Coach.

Mike Shanahan said:
“We have to have depth to win,” said Shanahan, via Rapid Reporter John Keim. “Hopefully [an injury to Griffin] doesn't happen but you want to be prepared. I thought it was a steal for us at that position.”

SonnyBoy

True. I'm more concerned with the Redskins lack of focus on surrounding him with young talent to help him out. He's going to be thrown into the fray without many weapons and if he struggles yes, people will wonder whether Cousins should start.

They drafted 2 rookie RB's that finished the season last year and ran pretty good as the injury plagued o-line re-gelled. They drafted a third this year.

Fred Davis at TE is young and put up great numbers. Cooley is the oldest talent on offense...

Garcon and Josh Morgan are both pretty young. Leonard Hankerson is a 2nd year player who showed promise.... They also drafted 2 other WR's last year.

So.....where are you getting this lack of young talent from? I know my team has issues but lets at least shit on them correctly. Lol

SonnyBoy

What the hell is he going to say?

"Nope our depth kind of sucks, to be honest we are maybe an 8-8 team at absolute best this season."

What does that have to do with Morts suggestion being pulled out of his ass but being taken for fact? He has a track record for being dead wrong.

Hell, he did say the depth sucked by drafting the kid where he did and by releasing Beck...

Wes

venison crêpe
GhTaX.jpg

PhatSaqs

Banned
There is plenty of young talent on the roster. Have you actually looked at the moves the team has made the last two years?

All this "they have plenty of holes to fill" talk is really ignorant as Shanny & Allen have done a great job of filling the team with talent both via the draft and FA.

SonnyBoy

There is plenty of young talent on the roster. Have you actually looked at the moves the team has made the last two years?

All this "they have plenty of holes to fill" talk is really ignorant as Shanny & Allen have done a great job of filling the team with talent both via the draft and FA.

They're just regurgitating the bullshit they hear on TV.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
South Carolina was the worst state I've ever lived in...and I was born in Ohio. Fuck every little thing about the Carolinas. Even the side of my family that lives there suck compared to my NY cuzs.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Well.. Pete and the Seahawks smoked too much kush in the warroom..

South Carolina was the worst state I've ever lived in...and I was born in Ohio. Fuck every little thing about the Carolinas. Even the side of my family that lives there suck compared to my NY cuzs.

I live just outside of Raleigh. Compared to how backwards this place was when I moved here 17 years ago, it's actually joined the 21st century. When we first got here, we asked some of neighbors what the best Italian place was; they told us Ragazzi's.

The fuck?

mr2xxx

Banned
The worst thing about the Cousins pick is the fact we are talking about a 4th rd. QB. We have Bayless stating that there is a problem with it due to some racial component to it, fuck outta here with that garbage. Cousins got picked up because he was the #3 rated QB according to Shanny which probably means he was BPA in the 4th round at a position of need, backup QB, see you after next year Rex.

RG3 will be given all the chances in the world to be a starter, honestly how many top 5 QBs have not been given a fair chance? This is going to be as much of a controversy as Cam and the ostrich Clausen had last year.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
No one anywhere is going to be wanting Cousins to start no matter how badly RG3 does. The Skins sold the farm to buy him so his career will be tied to Shanahans in DC.

Draxal

and in a way, lack of a giants punter won a superbowl for the packers (since they never would have been in the playoffs if not for the djax debacle)

Eh. That game was alot like the 2002 playoff game between the 49ers/Giants, everybody blames the special teams, however Giants blew huge leads to the other team, and couldn't move the ball on offence at all. Unlike the 49ers game, even if Jackson didn't score on the punt return, it was still going to OT. Vick was destroying the Giant's d, and the O couldn't do anything. While in 2002 at least if they did hit the field goal the Giant's would of won, in the Eagles game it at least spared me of the heartache of losing in OT.

Sorry for lttp but Poor Cousins...

Dan Patrick was trolling Skins this morning on drafting him..They trying to keep 5 QB's on the roster?

Doomsayer

Why does Alex need to be able to chuck it deep in order for Moss to loaf and pout?

Call me crazy but I feel like Moss has a lot left in the tank.

I don't think he would come back to the NFL if he wasn't going to give it his all. I'm not expecting some 1000 yard season with 10+ TDs, but I think he can put up a solid 800 yards with 7 TDs which would be more production than we've had in ages.

We have something now that we haven't had in ages either, SPEED.

Moss, Jenkins or Manningham, LMJ in the slot, with VD and Gore. That is a lot of potential play making in one line up. I know the guru Harbaugh will come up with some insane packages this year.

Top Bottom