• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Bowser

Shitty guys have weird out of normal production years /shrug

This doesn't seem to be a one time thing though. While he mostly hovered around the 500 yd/2 TD mark most of his career, he's been setting or matching career highs in receptions and yards each of the past three seasons:

'09: 54 rec (one off matching career high at the time), 732 yds (career high), 2 TDs
'10: 65 rec (career high), 875 yds (career high), 2 TDs
'11: 68 rec (career high), 947 yds (career high), 5 TDs (matched career high)

jakncoke

Banned
This doesn't seem to be a one time thing though. While he mostly hovered around the 500 yd/2 TD mark most of his career, he's been setting or matching career highs in receptions and yards each of the past three seasons:

'09: 54 rec (one off matching career high at the time), 732 yds (career high), 2 TDs
'10: 65 rec (career high), 875 yds (career high), 2 TDs
'11: 68 rec (career high), 947 yds (career high), 5 TDs (matched career high)

Possibly or it could just be because he was on high passing teams in Denver and Washington year be an anomaly. I dunno I wouldn't put much faith in it and find it strange the people commenting on that article want him bad as if he's something special.

Bowser

Possibly or it could just be because he was on high passing teams in Denver and Washington year be an anomaly. I dunno I wouldn't put much faith in it and find it strange the people commenting on that article want him bad as if he's something special.

I don't know...considering he's had to work with the likes of Orton, Tebow, Grossman and Beck these past 3 years, I'd say it's pretty impressive.

S Madieu Williams
CB Cedric Griffin

VJLCP.gif

eznark

Banned
I've always said it, John Harbaugh is my favorite coach in all of sports. Great guy, great leader, speaks truth to power.

Praise him.

Colasante

LJ11

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

LJ11

I cant wait until Belichick's 5 years are up and he is eligible for the HoF. I think being a cheat and a prick will keep him out.

Nah, no way.

A scout slipped Lombardi & the Packers all the Lions D calls prior to a game in '62, they deciphered as much as they could prior to the game, but still caught an ass kicking. Most coaches will try to gain an advantage anyway they can.

As much as the game's changed some things haven't.

LevelNth

Banned
Bullshit. Did you listen to the interview? He was absolutely not talking about perception.
Harbaugh issued a statement this afternoon after making those comments this morning, and he said in his statement that he wasn’t saying he personally believes the Patriots’ titles are tainted. He was saying he thinks others perceive the Patriots’ titles as tainted.
Is he trying to save face? He is the PC one of the two Harbaugh brothers.

Nah, no way.

A scout slipped Lombardi & the Packers all the Lions D calls prior to a game in '62, they deciphered as much as they could prior to the game, but still caught an ass kicking. Most coaches will try to gain an advantage anyway they can.

As much as the games changed some things haven't.

We will see but Parcells is having a hard time getting in because he was a jerk to the media, the cheat is a bigger jerk then Parcells was, is a much worse coach/GM, and was caught redhanded. I think the media is going to destroy him once he is out.

eznark

Banned
Is he trying to save face? He is the PC one of the two Harbaugh brothers.

Bob Kraft controls the NFL. He made a call.

Personally I trust the guy talking off the cuff over the carefully crafted PR statement. But that's probably just because I have written carefully crafted PR statements before. Never once does Harbaugh speak about or allude to "perception."

LevelNth

Banned
Bob Kraft controls the NFL. He made a call.

Personally I trust the guy talking off the cuff over the carefully crafted PR statement. But that's probably just because I have written carefully crafted PR statements before. Never once does Harbaugh speak about or allude to "perception."
Personally I think it's insulting that people even devote any of their time thinking or talking about the Patriots at all when there are far, FAR more important things to focus on in the league right now.

Namely Ryan Tannehill's wife.

LJ11

We will see but Parcells is having a hard time getting in because he was a jerk to the media, the cheat is a bigger jerk then Parcells was, is a much worse coach/GM, and was caught redhanded. I think the media is going to destroy him once he is out.

Don't see it. He's a terrific coach, may not be open with the media but I wouldn't call him a jerk. He's selective with who he talks with and what he says, and for the most part ignores the media as much as he can, which is what Lombardi did. Shoe in for the Hall, even with the cheating.

eznark

Banned
Don't see it. He's a terrific coach, may not be open with the media but I wouldn't call him a jerk. He's selective with who he talks with and what he says, and for the most part ignores the media as much as he can, which is what Lombardi did. Shoe in for the Hall, even with the cheating.

National media will be as adoring as ever. The problem Belichick has is that he coaches a Boston team. The minute he walks out the door they will crucify him, the way they crucify all the people that leave.

All the stuff they have been sitting on over the years gets dumped. I'm sure there will be some fantastic Boston Globe spygate stories.

National media will be as adoring as ever. The problem Belichick has is that he coaches a Boston team. The minute he walks out the door they will crucify him, the way they crucify all the people that leave.

That is totally what I am counting on. I really hope he is remembered as nothing but a cheat who couldnt win a SB after he lost his cameras.

That is totally what I am counting on. I really hope he is remembered as nothing but a cheat who couldnt win a SB after he lost his cameras.

This won't happen, because the Krafts aren't as classless as the Red Sox ownership and won't be inciting a full on smear campaign.

Especially won't happen if BB leaves on good terms with the Pats.

RBH

Shad Khan bought the Jaguars just five months ago, but he’s already made one thing clear about his ownership style.

He’s willing to spend over the salary cap — and to make improvements at EverBank Field that don’t count against the cap — to turn the Jaguars into a winner.

Khan predicted at the Super Bowl that the team would spend $130 million this year on player salaries and said last Friday during the draft that the team has already exceeded that figure.

“We’ve spent a lot more than $130 [million] already in cash,” Khan said. “Much more than that. A little bit under $140 million.” He said the team rolled more than $30 million in unspent money from last year and have spent about half of that plus the $120 million in this year’s cap.

Khan is also putting about $10 million into locker room and weight room improvements at the stadium and said money will not be a factor in the discussion of whether to build a practice bubble.

The issue was highlighted recently when the Jaguars had to move a minicamp practice indoors on the club level because a storm soaked the practice fields.

“It’s been talked about. Much can be said on both sides. The least thing [to be considered] about that is the money. It’s not an issue,” Khan said.

He said the bigger issues are finding space for it, whether it would be a bubble or a shed, and whether they would lose a competitive advantage if the players practice in air conditioning.

Those issues will have to be discussed. “If it helps the team win, I’m all for it,” Khan said.

But Khan indicated they will still be prudent in their spending. They declined to pursue defensive end Mario Williams and have yet to reach an agreement on a new deal with kicker Josh Scobee, who has yet to sign the franchise tag tender.

“You don’t want to be a sailor on shore leave where you go blow all the money you have because if are close to something and want to find a free agent, you want to be able to have the money. The issue is not about lighting money on fire, because you never get that money back. The issue is to use it as a strategic asset. You don’t want to be eating your seed corn in the winter,” Khan said.

He said the Jaguars will have the best locker room in the NFL.

“I want to set an example to have the best facilities,” Khan said. “I’ve been to a lot of locker rooms and we weren’t the best and we weren’t the worse. We were in the middle. I had some players ask me on some specific requests and [he thought] if we’re going to do it, do it really right where it is such an image for the team that every fund-raiser wants to be there for dinner and most important, it’s something great for the players.”

He said it will have 90 lockers so each player will have his own and feature “state-of-the-art creative comforts.”

Khan didn’t want to share other details until it is finished and he’s ready to unveil it.

“I don’t want to give away some of the thunder,” he said. “You’ll have to come and see it.”
http://jacksonville.com/sports/foot...shad-khan-opens-his-wallet-roster-and-stadium

Talon

It must suck to have a dream to own a NFL franchise, and the one you happen to buy is the Jacksonville Jaguars.

I've always had a dream of owning the Buccaneers, so I could slowly bleed out the team and drag it into ruins for five decades.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It must suck to have a dream to own a NFL franchise, and the one you happen to buy is the Jacksonville Jaguars.

I've always had a dream of owning the Buccaneers, so I could slowly bleed out the team and drag it into ruins for five decades.

So more of the same then?

Are you a part of the Glazer family?

Milchjon

funnily enough, snesfreak got banned for pretty much saying the same thing about Sony ;-)

eznark

Banned

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mrs. Bundchen is more whipped than Harbaugh's cuckold.

Top Bottom