• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

It saddens me that pointing and clicking requires such focused and dedicated attention for you.
You're right, I find that the best way to really appreciate the intricacies in the movements of Beethoven's 9th is to start up a game of Call of Duty and listen to it in the background.

Slo

Trampled by Turtles

hippie.jpg

bionic77

Baseball; such an intricate (and entertaining) game that you can play a video game while watching. It truly is the thinking man's sport.
Baseball does suck dick. But to be honest I remember studying and doing a lot of school work in high school and college while watching non-Steelers NFL games. Even in football there is enough let up in the action to get other shit done. Of course in baseball nothing happens so you have a good 4 out of 5 hours to get some serious gaming or work done.

eznark

Banned
Baseball does suck dick. But to be honest I remember studying and doing a lot of school work in high school and college while watching non-Steelers NFL games. Even in football there is enough let up in the action to get other shit done. Of course in baseball nothing happens so you have a good 4 out of 5 hours to get some serious gaming or work done.

I watch like 8 football games at a time. For the average adult human it is possible to do more than one thing at once.

Slo

Baseball is something that you have on in the background all summer long. While you're grilling, or chilling out on the deck, at a bar, or doing whatever. I don't think I've ever sat down and watched a baseball game specifically for that purpose, but I suppose I see 30-40 Twins games per year.

bionic77

How else could you make it through some of those Thursday night games? Game on the TV in my office while playing something on the PC is freaking awesome.
Yeah seriously, not every football game is awesome.

I often do office work and ez probably pretends to be a father during these aforementioned Thursday Night games.

We are not all 13 year old kids with nothing to do in our lives. This is OT community, not the gaming side.

Who said anything about classical music or a FPS?

We're talking about a game that you've argued requires intelligence to properly grasp and that anyone who doesnt like it just isn't smart. Yet you're playing video games to fill the time while watching. If it was a thinking man's game, youd think you'd actually have to pay attention to it instead of being distracted by a relatively engaging game. Diablo ain't exactly peggle.

I'm just glad that we finally agree on something ; baseball is a perfect sport to have on in the background while doing other things because it requires such a limited amount of engagement or attention to enjoy. Alternatively, if you put all of your focus on the game, baseball becomes the most effective cure for insomnia not recognized by the FDA.

eznark

Banned
We're talking about a game that you've argued requires intelligence to properly grasp and that anyone who doesnt like it just isn't smart. Yet you're playing video games to fill the time while watching. If it was a thinking man's game, youd think you'd actually have to pay attention to it instead of being distracted by a relatively engaging game. Diablo ain't exactly peggle.

lol, what? I don't know, maybe i have insane super powers that allow me to do multiple things at once, but watching a sport and playing a video game aren't exactly taxing my brain power. Even if you are unable to chew gum and walk at the same time, there is ample time between innings, downs and periods to do other things.

Legendary, dude, breathe. Sorry, not sure if you could do that while reading, I think I might have just saved your life.

Lunchbox

Banned
in baseball you can be the least athletic fat fuck like freeman and still be the best in the "sport"

the pitcher basically stands there and throws shit, and the catcher takes it one step further and sits down. even golfers are more of an athlete

All I know is that all you baseball haters can go eat a bag of dicks.

GOAT sport BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCHES!

Other than association football, or what we call that goddamn communist sawker!

Top Bottom