• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Sviatoslav said:
Getting to destroy the Giants AND get a mini bye?
1321763728139.gif

Got a question for both Packer and Steeler GAF:

1. Packer-GAF: apparently Demetryious Bell is visiting you guys, you think there's a chance you'll be overly interested? He's the Cards last hope of being spared Levi Brown on the left side :(

2. Steeler-GAF: I meant to ask on what you think of William Gay? I heard he didn't perform overly well but I can't imagine Horton wanting him if he doesn't have potential considering he was your DB coach and would know what he's capable of. Right now, Horton has my benefit of the doubt.

Bucket: What the hell is Al Pacino saying in that gif you posted? I can't lip read him for the life of me.

Gay is average, at best. At worst he'll leave you crying into your beer before you throw the bottle through your HDTV.

The problem is, Leshoure isn't just a power back. The guy can probably carry the load, splitting time with Smith and Best, with Best being a more situation thing. I hope the best for Smith to and was really impressed with the way he ran last year. Hopefully he stays on the field, considering we don't know if Leshoure and Best will ever be 100%. But the issue will continue to be the O-line, who essentially force our running game to make their own push because they suck so much at run blocking.

COME TO DETROIT JOHNATHAN MARTIN

Yea, OL problems make it tough no matter who winds up having the most carries. And if Johnathan Martin falls to 23, I guess he's our guy

She's miiiiiine! I know you're a ginger, she won't be yours anyway!

Ceremonials is such a great album. Her cover of Take Care is even better.

Edit: Holy shit, OT has gone down the drain since we left...

You don't like hundreds of threads about fast food, promotional threads for television shows and stories about dogs peeing on food ?

Also, don't see the appeal in the Florence + The machine lady besides her voice. But if you chase her that means I have a better chance with Taylor Swift! YEAH!

Go Pats!

tumblr_m1kfx68iZz1qclcbeo1_500.jpg

Milchjon

You don't like hundreds of threads about fast food, promotional threads for television shows and stories about dogs peeing on food ?

Also, don't see the appeal in the Florence + The machine lady besides her voice. But if you chase her that means I have a better chance with Taylor Swift! YEAH!

Go Pats!

tumblr_m1kfx68iZz1qclcbeo1_500.jpg

My first reaction was "why isn't she nearly as hot as her voice?" But after listening a bit more, I don't care anymore. I'm in love.

Edit: I love fast food threads. Even if they involve pee

WedgeX

Banned

Xeke

Banned
To answer the earlier question about Cowboys/Giants ratings:

Yeah because it was deciding who made it to the payoffs.

How many times has deciding whether you make it to the playoffs or not come down to the last game of the season with a division rival?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'll take a 1 year Ban Bet with snes

Tampa Bay won't make the playoffs, 7-9, lose 6 straight after going 7-3 LAWL

You ready son?

RBH

PALM BEACH, Fla. -- Browns General Manager Tom Heckert ruled out a trade up to No. 3 in the draft, but will consider trading back as far as No. 8, he told the Plain Dealer Monday.

There's been speculation some teams might try to trade with Minnesota to get the man they really want, especially if they think the Browns will take him at No. 4.

"We're not trading up, I guarantee that," Heckert said. "There's going to be five guys that we really like and we're going to get a really good player at number four. But we could still get a really good player at five, six, seven, eight too."

He stressed that the Browns won't make the same kind of blockbuster deal they did with Atlanta last season. The Browns moved from No. 6 to No. 27 and netted an extra first-round pick, two fourths and a second. The Falcons, in turn, selected wide receiver Julio Jones.

"We're not going to go way down and make the trade we did last year," he said. "When [president] Mike Holmgren said he'd discourage a trade down, I believe he meant one that far down."

He said the Browns have identified five players they like, and that they could stay at No. 4. "But if you can go back a few spots and still get the player we want, then we'll do it." The Fab Five is believed to be largely from this group: Oklahoma State receiver Justin Blackmon, LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne, Alabama running back Trent Richardson, Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill and USC tackle Matt Kalil.

He said teams at the NFL owners meetings have already put out feelers about the fourth pick. The Rams at No. 6 are believed to like Blackmon and the Dolphins at No. 8 might like Tannehill, but it's unknown if those teams have made contact.

"We've talked to a few people, but it's still way early," he said.

Heckert said he believes the Browns' phone will ring on draft day for teams wanting to trade up. But that doesn't mean the Browns will deal.

"It's still early," he said. "When we bring all of those guys in, we might fall in love with one of them and say 'hey, we've got to have this guy.' If there's somebody that's head and shoulders [the best], we're going to stay there and take him no matter what. If there's not, there's really no reason not to [accept a trade]."

Is there anyone head and shoulders above the rest right now?

"Right now, no," he said. "They're all pretty good. It's going to be a good choice."

If the Browns stay at No. 4, they're likely to end up with Blackmon or Claiborne. Despite the Browns' overwhelming need for offensive weapons, Heckert said Claiborne has to be on their radar.

"We don't think we're going to take a defensive guy, but it would tough to pass on him," said Heckert. "He's really, really good."

He said Claiborne's surgery on Friday to repair a torn ligament wasn't an issue.

"No, we knew all about it and he waited until after his workouts to do it," he said. "It's not a big deal. He'll be fine."

Likewise, he said the fact the Browns passed on Jones at No. 6 last year wouldn't stop them from taking Blackmon this year.

"That had nothing to do with the player," said Heckert. "We loved Julio Jones. It had everything to do with the deal we were able to make."

He said the Browns might also have to give serious thought to Kalil if the Vikings don't take him -- or if a team trades up No. 3 and takes someone else.

"We really don't know what Minnesota's going to do," he said. "If they don't take him, we'd have to think about drafting him too."

As for Tannehill, Heckert said the Browns really like him, "but we've got Colt. That's kind of our deal. That doesn't mean we're not going to take somebody, but we're fine with Colt as our quarterback."

He said ideally he'd like to draft at least two offensive playmakers with the first three picks (the fourth, 22nd and 37th overall) but "you never know who's going to be there at 22 or 37. We'll add offensive players, we're just not sure where."

He said the Browns have the chance to transform their team with those first three picks.

"We think we'll do that," he said. "We're looking forward to it."
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/03/cleveland_browns_gm_tom_hecker_13.html

eznark

Banned
Why are there a dozen pictures of some ginger corpse on this page? Is this another sick mod joke to get sports gaf to quit?

If I am it'll be:
1. Unjustified
2. Because of something said in this thread

Unless calling Cajunator a Falcons fan or Dutch a German is suddenly considered a ban-worthy personal attack I'm not getting banned.

FMT's relatively harmless ranting is now off-limits.

The rules of the game have changed, my friend.

I personally find calling someone a "Falcons fan" is an offense of the highest order and worse than anything FMT's ever said. If I were a mod, I'd ban you on the spot without a second thought.

Still better than actually being a Falcons fan mind you

Excuse me, because I've been out all day...
Banter between two people who have been here forever engaging in the exact same banter forever is suddenly being enforced.

Neat.
iNlKHdxzXgsc.gif

Did this really fucking just happen? Jesus tapdancing Christ... It's all my worst fears since October of last year coming true.

Did this really fucking just happen? Jesus tapdancing Christ... It's all my worst fears since October of last year coming true.

You mean when GAF-MLB was told by a person that he didn't understand baseball, couldn't see the point of baseball, and thus concluding that baseball was meaningless during the World Series?

Top Bottom