• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

JRPG's are for nerds.

I would get banned for saying that in Gaming so I'm happy to discuss this here.

The last one I enjoyed was Final Fantasy 9.

Edit:Xeno sounds kinda cool though I guess. Oh and I lied I like Persona 3. Not 4 much though too much bear.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Tales of Vesperia is the only JRPG I ever played through twice so it's between that and Chrono Trigger.

I'm bored to tears of every single Strategy JRPG until the end of time though. Disgaea and Final Fantasy Tactics were great but every single iteration of those games since has been awful. I even bought Ogre Battle for PSP and I just couldn't get into it!

Tales of Vesperia is the only JRPG I ever played through twice so it's between that and Chrono Trigger.

I'm bored to tears of every single Strategy JRPG until the end of time though. Disgaea and Final Fantasy Tactics were great but every single iteration of those games since has been awful. I even bought Ogre Battle for PSP and I just couldn't get into it!

tales of vesperia was so fucking lame. i liked the battle system but the voiceovers and the characters made me cringe

Talon

tales of vesperia was so fucking lame. i liked the battle system but the voiceovers and the characters made me cringe
Seriously. I can't really get over that ish in the Tales series.

I tried the demo of that Eternal Sonata game with the top hats and umbrellas, and it was like a speedball of JRPG tropes and creepy girls in my face.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
There is quite literally nothing stopping me. I choose not to.

So, what's your favorite JRPG?

Could go with some generic answer like Chrono Trigger but there is no fun in that.

So it'd be Shadow Hearts: Covenant.

Such a great game and a good series overall. Shame there won't ever be another one :(

Talon

Could go with some generic answer like Chrono Trigger but there is no fun in that.

So it'd be Shadow Hearts: Covenant.

Such a great game and a good series overall. Shame there won't ever be another one :(
Generic? Chrono Trigger is still and always will be the shit.

It's too bad FFXII didn't get the love, and the series went all-in on that Nomura nonsense with FFXIII. Ignoring Vaan, that was the least obnoxious cast of characters in JRPG history.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Generic? Chrono Trigger is still and always will be the shit.

It's too bad FFXII didn't get the love, and the series went all-in on that Nomura nonsense with FFXIII. Ignoring Vaan, that was the least obnoxious cast of characters in JRPG history.

No, I didn't mean the game was generic, just that it's a stock answer to the question. Obviously it's because it's a great game.

Liked 12 but I felt like it was an unfinished game for some reason. Everything just seemed to fall off a cliff towards the end of the game, at least for me anyway.

Talon

No, I didn't mean the game was generic, just that it's a stock answer to the question. Obviously it's because it's a great game.

Liked 12 but I felt like it was an unfinished game for some reason. Everything just seemed to fall off a cliff towards the end of the game, at least for me anyway.
Well, supposedly that's what happened. Matsuno (FF Tactics, Vagrant Story) left the game under mysterious circumstances after leading it, and then the game came out a year or two later. That would appear to explain the narrative cliff dive.

Vaan was stupid and annoying, but I did like that you were a spectator to the real action of the story. Also, Balthier is almost too reasonable of a character to belong in a FF game.

jakncoke

Banned
state farm, think you can give me less of a piece proof of insurance card? shit, would it be so hard to give me something plastic? fuck.

snesfreak

Banned
Worst $79.99 I've ever spent.
You BOUGHT that game?
simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

Talon

My parents bought me this game too.

Worst part was it required a Controller Pak too in order to save. This game scarred my childhood.
Oh dear God, I just watched videos of that game. The damn boulder spell.

You really forget all the time you wasted on mediocre or even shitty games. I remember being obsessed with Mischief Makers for a month or two.

I'm just going to assume I was grieving from having Super Mario RPG stolen from me when I was at the third to last boss. Years ago.

jakncoke

Banned
lol, was trying to look at my profile. accidentally hit pm me. went to the private message screen. I was like fuck, then i was like hmm i wonder if i can pm myself. lol it seems you can

Top Bottom