• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Talon

the only srpg you'll ever need is tactics ogre: let us cling together. everything else is pretty much garbage in comparison
These PS1-era games really make me want to buy a Vita. I just don't play enough games nowadays to justify a dedicated handheld console. Maybe later this year.

bionic77

Whenever PS1 games come to the Vita,that might be my only system that I play.
I don't really want to revisit many games from that era. A lot did not age well (though they were so awesome at the time and more impressive than modern games for the most part, not much feels new anymore but on the 64 and PSX everything felt new).

snesfreak

Banned
The main problem with PS1 games is that the 3D games (for the most part) look BAD, 2D games still look great.
It's the same thing with the DS.

bionic77

The main problem with PS1 games is that the 3D games (for the most part) look BAD, 2D games still look great.
It's the same thing with the DS.
2D games from 16bit onwards all age great.

Most 3D games age like shit.

But man did those 32 bit games feel revolutionary in a way that games have not since.

snesfreak

Banned
2D games from 16bit onwards all age great.

Most 3D games age like shit.

But man did those 32 bit games feel revolutionary in a way that games have not since.
Some of them sure, but I really hate what FFVII did to games.
FMV FMV FMV FMV FMV FMV
As for the game itself, I don't really like the setting it's in.
Not "fantasy" enough for me.
FF9 however...

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Going over to a friends for a party to watch it, still debating on staying in though.

Gonna be pissed if people talk over that shit or if there are people talking book spoilers.

bionic77

Yup I am really hyped for it. I have not read the books. Are they worth reading?
They start off great but then really tail off. And it takes him forever to release books.

Some really great moments though but I don't think it will end on a high note.

They start off great but then really tail off. And it takes him forever to release books.

Lies! Ok, well the last book wasn't as good, but remember we're grading on a curve. Going from transcendent to pretty good is a drop off, but let's keep it in perspective.

Ænima

the only srpg you'll ever need is tactics ogre: let us cling together. everything else is pretty much garbage in comparison
I think it is time I get back to playing this game. I got burned out about 20 hours into it and haven't touched it in months.

Some of them sure, but I really hate what FFVII did to games.
FMV FMV FMV FMV FMV FMV
As for the game itself, I don't really like the setting it's in.
Not "fantasy" enough for me.
FF9 however...
I am the opposite. I really prefer the settings of 7 and 8 to the classic fantasy settings of the other ones. 8 is really brought down by that shitty draw system and lame love story though.

Talon

Ænima;36532679 said:
I am the opposite. I really prefer the settings of 7 and 8 to the classic fantasy settings of the other ones. 8 is really brought down by that shitty draw system and lame love story though.
Right. This is why I love FFXII. No melodrama outside of the intro sequence.

This. Really thought the first 3 were great, the 4th one sucked bones. The last one picked things up in some places but made some other things worse. The show is going to pass GRRM up pretty soon. He might as well stop writing and just tell everyone to watch the show to find out what happens.

Talon

This. Really thought the first 3 were great, the 4th one sucked bones. The last one picked things up in some places but made some other things worse. The show is going to pass GRRM up pretty soon. He might as well stop writing and just tell everyone to watch the show to find out what happens.
The guys in the SoIAF thread are right, though.
The show could devolve into a mess once you pass that AFFC. Too many characters who may go multiple seasons without every meeting each other, at least four concurrent threads.

bionic77

Lies! Ok, well the last book wasn't as good, but remember we're grading on a curve. Going from transcendent to pretty good is a drop off, but let's keep it in perspective.
I don't think the last book even reached pretty good status.

I am getting a very strong Wheel of Time vibe which is hilarious because fans of Martin used to mock that series and now that seems very ironic because the same stuff is happening to their series.

I don't think the last book even reached pretty good status.

I am getting a very strong Wheel of Time vibe which is hilarious because fans of Martin used to mock that series and now that seems very ironic because the same stuff is happening to their series.

I thought the Jon stuff was good. I thought the Dany stuff sucked. When did she
turn into a little Twilight level bitch?

Tyrion is always good. If GRRM's editor had any sack then the Martell stuff would have been completely cut.

eznark

Banned
They should have made a real sequel to KOTOR instead of an MMO.

Western RPG's all the way.

So far Xenoblade is a western RPG in structure.

I think my favorite is probably Dragon Quest VII. Lost Odyssey is right up there.

Calling GRRM transcendent is like comparing Twilight to Shakespeare.

jakncoke

Banned
The Patriots have 3 Super Bowl wins

APRIL FOOLS CAMERA LED SUPER BOWLS DONT COUNT

rofl128420417966490000.jpg

Top Bottom