• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Your people murdered millions of Jews. Don't get on some high horse about spousal abuse.

1281131908667.gif

You have 15 free articles remaining this month.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel now is offering JS Everywhere, a new digital subscription package, which gives you unlimited access to JSOnline, the daily e-Edition, Journal Sentinel mobile site and content previously included in Packer Insider. Also coming soon, an iPad tablet app will be part of JS Everywhere.
With JS Everywhere, you'll be able to read as many articles as you want, wherever you want, on any digital device you choose.
If you're a print subscriber, you already are entitled to free access to JS Everywhere. All you need to do is register.

Damn newspapers. RIP JS

eznark

Banned
Sentinel died when the Urinal bought it. If the paywall is keeping you from reading it, you should thank the paywall.

You know that play by Beckum against the Packers was his only highlight play of his Giant's career. I mean he might be a good player and all, but he hasn't shown it with the Giants. He did seem to get alot more playing time at the end of last year, though.

It appeared to me that they were starting to work him into the offense a whole hell of a lot more though. As I understand it, he was showing a better grasp of the playbook which was why he was getting more reps and opportunities.

Your filthy team already ruined one potential Badger Hall of Famer in Ron Dayne with your complete misunderstanding of his immense talents, don't do the same with Beckum!

bionic77

Real talk now, isn't Holland like the most racist country in the world?
I am pretty sure all of Europe is pretty racist and nationalistic*.

You would love it there!

* I am pretty sure most people outside of the USA** are pretty fucking racist against one race or another.

** Excluding of course the Midwest and the South.

eznark said:
It appeared to me that they were starting to work him into the offense a whole hell of a lot more though. As I understand it, he was showing a better grasp of the playbook which was why he was getting more reps and opportunities.
A good assessment, yes. Beckum has talent, he's just prone to injury.

eznark said:
Your filthy team already ruined one potential Badger Hall of Famer in Ron Dayne with your complete misunderstanding of his immense talents, don't do the same with Beckum!
The Giants severely misunderstood Dayne's ability to not eat himself into fatdom, yes. To be entirely fair to him though, Fassel never liked him from the get-go IMO.

Draxal

Dayne just had no fire, and was in horrible shape and didn't have 500 pound Wiscosin lineman blocking for him. Its the reason Jacobs was my fav, he's what we wanted Dayne to be.

Beckum's problems were threefold. He was alwaaaays hurt, didn't have a great grasp of the playbook, and Tom Couglin always like te's that can block for the run/pass. I think he actually saw more play because his blocking was much improved and because Ballard is just as poor as a blocker (and yeah I think he would of much had a much better chance in another system, he was a square peg in a round hole).

I just wanted to say something, because man if you saw that first Packers/Giants game this year, you must of thought Tollefson (he just destroyed your backup left tackle in that sack, just destroyed him) and Beckum appeared to be alot better players than they really are.

eznark

Banned
Nah, I only like Beckum because he went to Wisconsin and we know a lot of the same people.

The Giants severely misunderstood Dayne's ability to not eat himself into fatdom, yes. To be entirely fair to him though, Fassel never liked him from the get-go IMO.

They used him as a short yardage back, which was dumb. Not that he would have been very good anyway though.

Rock solid racism. The guy in the middle must be your hero.
Ha! Making fun of the Dutch is clearly a much better way to troll you. Good to know.

And yes, Santa Pope is my favorite super hero of them all.

eznark said:
They used him as a short yardage back, which was dumb.
Yep, Fassel thought fat = good short yardage back since he didn't approve of the weight gain. Out of the gate, he and Tiki had a pretty good thing going, though. Dayne lost a pretty significant amount of weight once Coughlin came in if memory serves but the team was ready to move on from him at that point.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Preseason schedules out later today?...I'll take it.

Also warming up to the very slim chance that the Vikes don't take Kalil and the Browns do.

bionic77

Too much damn football talk.

What is everyone's next planned tech purchase?

I kind of want a 3DS and Kid Icarus after playing it on my nephews 3DS. That shit was awesome and I only played through 5 chapters. Vita looks cool too but I will probably get it after I get Xenoblade and finish it (so probably looking @ 2013 or 14). It might take some time to find my Wii though!

Realistically though my next tech purchase is a 13" MBA. Just waiting for the Ivy Bridge upgrade. The wait is killing me! I hate lugging my 15" pro everywhere. I was going to get the smaller one but it feels uncomfortable to type on it. Part of me wants that Verizon 4G mifi so I can view GAF anywhere (and sometimes work), but work won't pay for it and I can't justify the $50 when there is always free wifi (albeit shitty, slow and gimped) nearby.

What about the rest of you bitches?

Striker

Beckum's nickname around the Giant boards is Becky, which fits him nicely.

Beckum insisting he'll be ready is a bit fishy. We'll see further in the OTA's and camp. It would be nice, if so. They can use him as the #2 TE while Ballard is recovering, instead of relying on slow ass Pascoe or a rookie TE (unless it is Fleener!).

So pre-season schedules. Giants one will be a combination of: Bears, Panthers, Jets, Patriots, and Ravens.

I kind of want a 3DS and Kid Icarus after playing it on my nephews 3DS. That shit was awesome and I only played through 5 chapters. Vita looks cool too but I will probably get it after I get Xenoblade and finish it (so probably looking @ 2013 or 14). It might take some time to find my Wii though!

Realistically though my next tech purchase is a 13" MBA. Just waiting for the Ivy Bridge upgrade. The wait is killing me! I hate lugging my 15" pro everywhere. I was going to get the smaller one but it feels uncomfortable to type on it. Part of me wants that Verizon 4G mifi so I can view GAF anywhere (and sometimes work), but work won't pay for it and I can't justify the $50 when there is always free wifi (albeit shitty, slow and gimped) nearby.

Next "tech" purchase will probably be a completely revamped sound system in my car. It's about 6 years old now (can't believe it's that long) and I never really was happy with the amp I had in it.

I'll need a beefed up low end for all of the polka/folk/insert other stereotypical Wisconsin music that I'll be listening to.

eznark

Banned

My summer purchases are usually zip, since I spend pretty much every night watching baseball. Kind of thinking I'll get Diablo, but at this point I'm pretty meh on it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Debating on getting either a tablet or a laptop for my birthday this month. I already have a powerful desktop computer, but I just want the laptop/tablet as something for me to sit infront of the couch with and talk jive bout everyone's momma on here when actual games go on.

I'm going with a laptop. I want to play some PC games, especially Diablo III. Probably shoot for grabbing it in mid-May (right when D3 drops). We'll see what I can get for $900. Hoping for a decent Asus.

About to build a new computer. It will be a monster. Just purchased new office furniture so will have a nice setup. Will have it ready in time for my game of the forever: Guild Wars 2.

Parts for a new PC. Either my video card or motherboard shit the bed, so I'm just gonna go brand new everything; I was due for one anyway. I just have no idea what I'm gonna put in it.

Or a Galaxy Nexus. Don't know which is gonna come first, because my Incredible is on its last legs.

Slo

Think I'll upgrade my phone soon. Still rockin' a Samsung Galaxy.

I'm a broke college student, so jack-squat.

Now if I could somehow convince my kid brother with a 3DS to buy OoT, Kid Icarus, and Star Fox...

Narag

Either a new CPU or whatever the next iPhone iteration is.

AnnHog

New PC. I am building it today. Going from my shitty college laptop to this new pc is going to be amazing. I can't wait for steam goodness.

bionic77

Either a new CPU or whatever the next iPhone iteration is.
I don't like my 4S (battery life is shit) so I will probably upgrade to the next iPhone as well.

I don't give a shit about the screen size. I just hope they can replicate whatever magic they used to get me 7-10 hours of usage on my iPhone 4.

A lot of PC builders here. I keep thinking of building a HTPC with Windows 7 but I have gotten so lazy at that shit since I switched over to Mac like 7 years ago. I should hire someone here to do it for me. I am also pretty lazy about keeping track of my content.

Fox318

Just got an iPad(3rd gen) and I have to say I loke my Xoom 4.0.4 ICS better.

I'm also looking into turning an old pc into a Linux Plex/Minecraft server.

3N16MA

Banned

Motorola StarTAC. Joe Flacco told me it was the best phone.

MechDX

Waiting for my Nokia Lumia 900 WP to ship from AT&T

Milchjon

Waiting for my Nokia Lumia 900 WP to ship from AT&T

Was just about to suggest that anyone interested in a new phone right now should check out the Lumia 900. I got my Lumia 800 a few months ago, and while the App selection might not please hardcore users, the overall experience is pretty spectacular. So beautiful and snappy.

I really hope that the 900 is at least a modest success, as it deserves some attention.
Sadly, I'm getting a bit of a Dreamcast vibe from the whole operation.

MechDX

Was just about to suggest that anyone interested in a new phone right now should check out the Lumia 900. I got my Lumia 800 a few months ago, and while the App selection might not please hardcore users, the overall experience is pretty spectacular. So beautiful and snappy.

I really hope that the 900 is at least a modest success, as it deserves some attention.

I LOVED the Dreamcast. Last and BEST gaming console ever!

bionic77

Dreamcast is a good analogy. WP8 is just around the corner too...

Man MS has made such a clusterfuck of their phone division.

WedgeX

Banned

I've gone almost a month without a computer and it's killing me. So my next will either be a rebuilt desktop or a laptop on the cheap from dell.

RBH

Realistically though my next tech purchase is a 13" MBA. Just waiting for the Ivy Bridge upgrade. The wait is killing me! I hate lugging my 15" pro everywhere. I was going to get the smaller one but it feels uncomfortable to type on it.

Yup, I'm planning to get a 13" MBA in the fall once they implement Ivy Bridge. If I needed a laptop immediately, I'd get the current 13" MBA right now, but I can afford to wait a few months.

Milchjon

Dreamcast is a good analogy. WP8 is just around the corner too...

Man MS has made such a clusterfuck of their phone division.

Yeah, but I absolutely loved the design of WP7 right from the start. It excited me like no other piece of technology since the iPhone was first released. Sadly all the devices looked like shit.

But then Nokia showed the N9 and I just knew that if they put WP7 on it, I had to have it.

I'm irrationally in love with this thing, just like I still am with the DC. Nothing could ever beat that console for me.

I urge everyone to actually try it out. People are repelled by the words Microsoft and Windows, but I've seen the most hardcore Apple fanboys jealous once they played around with it.

LevelNth

Banned
FMT!

The Panthers signed former 49ers S Reggie Smith.

what he play like?
Mr. Inconsistent. You'll love him one moment, hate him the next. His coverage skills are a bit spotty and his tackling is weak, he's not quite a FS or a SS, but he can do both. He did have an excellent camp last year though, but then kinda fizzled.

If you got him for cheap, then it's a great signing. Really good potential.

I kinda wish I got a Vita over my 3DS.

I mean yeah the 3DS is cool and all but I havent played it in a long while. It seems like the Vita will be getting a lot of stuff that is true to console.

Maybe I'll pick one up when I have some disposable income.
Which I shouldnt have as a student on a fixed income

Ya I don't get why ppl would be playing hand helds in public, it's not a good look. Or why the hell you would be playing a handheld at home.

I dont play mine in public (if you do you are strugglin'). I own one because they often get exclusive games and I can play while multitasking.

bionic77 said:
damn football talk.

I'm waiting on Nvidia's 4GB GTX680. I'll bounce on that. Until then, I'm trying to sell off my current 580. Nothing else planned.

Game wise - Diablo 3 without question.

Top Bottom