• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

ITT I learn that playing handhelds in public is not cool but playing games on your phone, iPod, and/or tablet of choice is perfectly acceptable.

I played my Vita at my son's orthodontist while I was waiting on him, to hell with what other people thought.

Now if you're just talking about playing one in a social setting (bar, club, restaurant, etc) then yes, that's kind of sad.

My gaming time has become increasingly limited, I can multitask but I'll usually look at Facebook, here, or words with friends or something on my phone. I don't like playing a 59 hour RPG in between homework problems.

jakncoke

Banned
Too much damn football talk.

What is everyone's next planned tech purchase?

I kind of want a 3DS and Kid Icarus after playing it on my nephews 3DS. That shit was awesome and I only played through 5 chapters. Vita looks cool too but I will probably get it after I get Xenoblade and finish it (so probably looking @ 2013 or 14). It might take some time to find my Wii though!

Realistically though my next tech purchase is a 13" MBA. Just waiting for the Ivy Bridge upgrade. The wait is killing me! I hate lugging my 15" pro everywhere. I was going to get the smaller one but it feels uncomfortable to type on it. Part of me wants that Verizon 4G mifi so I can view GAF anywhere (and sometimes work), but work won't pay for it and I can't justify the $50 when there is always free wifi (albeit shitty, slow and gimped) nearby.

What about the rest of you bitches?

Hauppage, going to try and beat all the PS1 games i get my hands onto aka NA released ones and upload the footage to youtube.

eznark

Banned
ITT I learn that playing handhelds in public is not cool but playing games on your phone, iPod, and/or tablet of choice is perfectly acceptable.

I played my Vita at my son's orthodontist while I was waiting on him, to hell with what other people thought.

Now if you're just talking about playing one in a social setting (bar, club, restaurant, etc) then yes, that's kind of sad.

The best thing about being an adult is not giving a fuuuuuuuuck what I look like in public. When Cuevas and yaco graduate high school, they'll realize how great that is.

I used to play Mario Kart DS with a co-worker at the two strip clubs in Boston. Nothing sad about that!

The best thing about being an adult is not giving a fuuuuuuuuck what I look like in public. When Cuevas and yaco graduate high school, they'll realize how great that is.

I used to play Mario Kart DS with a co-worker at the two strip clubs in Boston. Nothing sad about that!

So you just admitted it, if you don't want to get laid play your handheld in public.

jakncoke

Banned

:me..

Considering some of the strip clubs I've been to, the visuals on the DS screen were probably better!

Milchjon

:jnc

3N16MA

Banned
My gaming time has become increasingly limited, I can multitask but I'll usually look at Facebook, here, or words with friends or something on my phone. I don't like playing a 59 hour RPG in between homework problems.

I am very selective on what games I purchase and make sure not to have a growing backlog. I might not spend as much time gaming anymore but I feel like I'm getting more value out of the games that I do purchase.

eznark

Banned
Nope, you got married and stopped caring. I got it.

Im not going to be one of those guys thinking IM LOOKING FOR A GAMER CHICK, SHE BETTER LIKE MY POKEMONS!

I wasn't married in Boston.

Your second point is valid. I can't imagine how awful it would be if my wife were into video games.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Nah, you go at 3 and keep drinking until the talent comes out at 9. Its the only way

No way man, I don't know how prices are in the states but the places I've been up here in Canada the alcohol prices are on par with what you'd pay at a sporting event.

I can't make it rain as yet. :(

I wasn't married in Boston.

Your second point is valid. I can't imagine how awful it would be if my wife were into video games.

But then again you were at strip clubs, so that says a lot. Only time I've been to strip clubs has been during my brothers bachelor party and as a joke with some friends.

No way man, I don't know how prices are in the states but the places I've been up here in Canada the alcohol prices are on par with what you'd pay at a sporting event.

I can't make it rain as yet. :(

lol its probably just as bad. I've only been to 1 strip club and that was before I was 21. All I know is that the atm had a ridiculous service charge and I didn't give a fuck

yacobod

Banned
But then again you were at strip clubs, so that says a lot. Only time I've been to strip clubs has been during my brothers bachelor party and as a joke with some friends.

young cuevas, when you graduate and get some disposable income, there isn't a better way to spend a buck than on a dollar dance.

and you're from the NW burbs right? they're are titty bars everywhere.

young cuevas, when you graduate and get some disposable income, there isn't a better way to spend a buck than on a dollar dance.

and you're from the NW burbs right? they're are titty bars everywhere.

I know they're everywhere but why not spend it on a woman you might have a shot with at a bar instead?

snesfreak

Banned
I'm a broke college student, so jack-squat.

Now if I could somehow convince my kid brother with a 3DS to buy OoT, Kid Icarus, and Star Fox...
scamnewton.jpg

eznark

Banned
I know they're everywhere but why not spend it on a woman you might have a shot with at a bar instead?

Strip clubs are just bars with women dancing naked in the background. To clarify on the DS story though, that only happened because we knew most of the folks working there thus were there often. Plus, some of the girls liked Mario Kart. Sue me.

yacobod

Banned

ya but you don't have to buy a chick a drink at a bar to get laid either.

that's why i say disposable income, everything beyond the necessities is a waste of money to a some extent.

ya but you don't have to buy a chick a drink at a bar to get laid either.

that's why i say disposable income, everything beyond the necessities is a waste of money to a some extent.

I've never seen the appeal. Yeah sure when I went of course I loved a gorgeous woman showing me everything but there's no payoff. It's not that I'm against it I would just rather do something else.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
what they banning for, early on i recall seeing brock is fat. is that going to get people banned? for real? real life?

I only skimmed it but seemed a lot of "hurr wrestling is fake" type stuff.

Long ago when I used to watch wrestling on a regular I remember bish used to ban anyone who came into a wrestling thread and tried to point out it was fake.

jakncoke

Banned
I only skimmed it but seemed a lot of "hurr wrestling is fake" type stuff.

Long ago when I used to watch wrestling on a regular I remember bish used to ban anyone who came into a wrestling thread and tried to point out it was fake.

Yeah i looked at the last page and seen some young fool go down that route to bandom

Top Bottom