• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Another Sunday without football. There are too many of these. Screw 18 game seasons. Let's go for 32, double the number of playoff teams, and make each round a best 2 out of 3.

That should pretty much fill out the entire year.

Saw Prometheus last night. Instead of going out drinking with friends afterwards, I went home and masturbated to pictures of Michael Fassbender.

movie of the forever

squicken

I have to say if Europe had US marketing and network executives, there's no way in the world they wouldn't have England/France on today. Putting it on a Monday really limits the potential audience.

I also kind of wonder how ESPN makes money on this. There's no commercials, and I doubt they get a cut of all the advertising in the stadium and on the players.

I have to say if Europe had US marketing and network executives, there's no way in the world they wouldn't have England/France on today. Putting it on a Monday really limits the potential audience.

I also kind of wonder how ESPN makes money on this. There's no commercials, and I doubt they get a cut of all the advertising in the stadium and on the players.

Isn't there a different thread for this shit?

Isn't there a different thread for this shit?

It's better than pages and pages of Freeman joke/you people/racist or "GO EAT A BAG OF DICKS CAUSE I DON'T GIVE A FUCK BIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!" posts

But if it really offends you, we can instead gossip about Tebow getting invited to Jets West or ponder if Chad Ochocinco will ever get his Starbucks Gold Card back.

eznark

Banned
Protip: don't take fan tips from one of the worst sports fans on GAF. Six team Squicken shouldn't be giving advice.

Second: DWADE!!!

eznark

Banned
It's better than pages and pages of Freeman joke/you people/racist or "GO EAT A BAG OF DICKS CAUSE I DON'T GIVE A FUCK BIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!" posts

But if it really offends you, we can instead gossip about Tebow getting invited to Jets West or ponder if Chad Ochocinco will ever get his Starbucks Gold Card back.

As old as the Fatman/you people thing has gotten it is magnitudes more entertaining than soccer.

They're considered a national team. No matter how much they suck, the league makes sure to put them on primetime a few games a year. I probably should have added the Saints, but they'll be getting reamed all year so he would have earned his fanship.

Yeah they're a national team, but when somebody spins the lifelong roulette the Bears don't come up anywhere near as often as those other teams.

Slo

They're considered a national team. No matter how much they suck, the league makes sure to put them on primetime a few games a year. I probably should have added the Saints, but they'll be getting reamed all year so he would have earned his fanship.

They're from a big market, but I'd never put them in the same category as the other teams you listed.

squicken

Yeah they're a national team, but when somebody spins the lifelong roulette the Bears don't come up anywhere near as often as those other teams.

I will then change my answer to trying to steer him away from rooting for Jay Cutler and giving up on the sport after 10 minutes.

btw this Italy Spain game is 100 times better than the Netherlands and Germany games. Clearly the EU problems really are from the northern countries conspiring against their innocent southern neighbors

Milchjon

Okay, that starts to make me feel a little old.
"My favorite old school game...."
2 name Goldeneye and 1 says Mario Kart 64.
I guess I just forget these dudes coming into the league are actually 90's babies. I'm not THAT much older than them, but fuck.

Reminds me of when someone asked Soulja Boy what his favorite oldschool hip hop song was. His answer?

"In Da Club"

Slo

Analyzing every detail of Slo's Allen Plate pic is more entertaining than soccer.

I think today we should focus on Jared's bedroom eyes.

XL_SAXF.png

Bowser

Speaking of new uniforms, looks like EA might've leaked a new Panthers alternate look:

blackpants.png

One step closer to all black unis!

brentech

Yup, which is why all jersey designs are going to be at least somewhat different starting this season.

As ESPN.com points out, the Packers opted not to go along with the new changes. The primary alterations did not change the logo, color scheme or much else with the look of the uniform, rather Nike made changes to the fabric, feel and performance of the jersey.

Yet, the Packers aren't going along with those either. "The Green Bay Packers have chosen to stay with their traditional design aesthetic as well as their former uniform fabrication for the coming season," the Packers' page on Nike.com reads. "In addition to serving as the Packers on-field supplier for uniforms, sideline apparel, practice wear and baselayer, Nike will provide both men's and women's fan wear apparel."

In fact, a Packers spokesperson told ESPN.com that the only change in the Packers' uniforms next season will be the Nike logo in place of where the Reebok logo used to be. Reebok had been the apparel supplier of the NFL until this year.

I haven't followed it much since the preview, but I don't think many teams allowed much of any change.

Saw Prometheus last night. Instead of going out drinking with friends afterwards, I went home and masturbated to pictures of Michael Fassbender.

movie of the forever

Prometheus pissed me off. It's dialogue was corny and the storytelling treated the audience like they were retarded.

Dont get me wrong, it was solid. But as a R. Scott movie it severely disappointed me.

Things I hated:

The "This is just my job, I didnt sign on for this" geologist.

The "biologist" who acted like a child and was cooing, "oye baaaybe" at the snake monster

Complete lack of build up. Everything that happened was pretty much resolved 5-10 minutes later.

Things I liked:

David. Interesting character.

Art direction.

The camera work was great for the most part.

That's the worst part of the movie for me.

It spells out the completely or relatively obvious but leaves the most difficult questions of life up to interpretation and debate.

Fuck off Lindelof.

Top Bottom