• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

snesfreak

Banned
I became a fan of the Packers in 2010 because Green Bay starts with G, and so does my name.
image.php

I'm jealous of any of you who got forced into your allegiances by parents. My dad only gave a damn about baseball so the Blue Jays are the only team we share.

I remember dancing around his favourite sofa as we watched them win back to back World Series.

Every other team I've picked myself, maybe if I had his guidance I wouldn't be swallowing sadness on a regular when it comes to sports franchises I love.

At least your father likes something in the Blue Jays. My Dad's only interest in sports is Nascar and occasionally hockey, which are both awful. I got myself into sports at a young age and never looked back!

Bowser

Sports allegiance stories? Panthers were the local team when I started seriously following pro football. We went 1-15 the year I started watching :jnc it's a wonder I didn't abandon them right there. The next year, I got to go to the Falcons game at home in Week 12 where we lost 41-0 (also lost 30-0 at Atlanta earlier that year). My patience paid off with our Super Bowl win in 2003*!

*In my head, the Pats have been stripped of their Spygate titles and they have been awarded to the appropriate teams

snesfreak

Banned
Sports allegiance stories? Panthers were the local team when I started seriously following pro football. We went 1-15 the year I started watching :jnc it's a wonder I didn't abandon them right there. The next year, I got to go to the Falcons game at home in Week 12 where we lost 41-0 (also lost 30-0 at Atlanta earlier that year). My patience paid off with our Super Bowl win in 2003*!

*In my head, the Pats have been stripped of their Spygate titles and they have been awarded to the appropriate teams
Bucs are the only NFC South team with a legit Super Bowl win.
And don't forget it bitches!

I'm jealous of any of you who got forced into your allegiances by parents. My dad only gave a damn about baseball so the Blue Jays are the only team we share.

I remember dancing around his favourite sofa as we watched them win back to back World Series.

Every other team I've picked myself, maybe if I had his guidance I wouldn't be swallowing sadness on a regular when it comes to sports franchises I love.

Just know I would allow you into PatsGAF with open arms since you seem like a good guy. It's like rooting for the Browns, we hate the Ravens and the Steelers, the difference is we win more games.

Fox318

I became a fan of the Jets because they came to a FDNY picnic I was at when I was younger.

I'm pretty sure Ray Lucas was there.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Just know I would allow you into PatsGAF with open arms since you seem like a good guy. It's like rooting for the Browns, we hate the Ravens and the Steelers, the difference is we win more games.

I'll be honest, not sure I'd be able to handle double digit wins in a season so suddenly. I was barely able to contain myself when the Browns started 2-1 this past season.

I'll be happy with 5 wins and you want me to join a team that would double that? My heart would explode.

cdyhybrid

CDY teach me the ways of Dota 2.

If you're pubbing, play carries a lot and pray your team doesn't suck it up until you're farmed up. I usually random but I rarely stay with support heroes if they come up.

Lycan is a good one especially. Jungle, get Treads/Vlad by 9, solo Roshan, start smashing faces. Get BKB and Basher, and start ganking solo heros and pushing their towers. I've never lost a game with Lycan (admittedly small sample size). You have to push the issue once you have items though, because there are heroes (hard carries basically) like Morph and PL that can kill you once they're farmed up.

Additionally, always remember that most of your teammates will be shit and you'll have to win the game single-handedly. Unless you just genuinely enjoy it, playing support in pubs is pure masochism. Don't focus on winning and losing, just try and play your best. The way your teammates play is out of your hands.

eznark

Banned
At least is plays games online.

Pikmin lololol

There's a slight chance he damages Tannehill, but that guy's going to be a Gabbert anyways.

I doubt it. Johnson isn't exactly a bad teammate. When he is focused he runs good routes, has solid hands and is willing to go over the middle. The Dolphins receivers suck so he will be on the field a ton which means he will probably be focused.

If not, who gives a shit? If Tannehill is "damaged" by a guy who play a position as inconsequential and replaceable as wide out then Tannehill never had a shot at being productive.

Say what you will about Sony, PSN is far and away the better service over XBL.

They're still behind in terms of sales, etc., but they've been doing good work the last couple of years.

Nintendo is a fucki joke. I think their CEO is a quaker or some shit.

snesfreak

Banned

They're still behind in terms of sales, etc., but they've been doing good work the last couple of years.

You're a hipster.
You should be playing the TG16 or something.

I still think it's funny that people think PSN is better than Live. I also think it's funny that people consider Formula 1 a "sport."

I like it. 1 year deal and our eceiving corps is a joke outside of Da' Bess and maybe Clyde Gates. Might as well roll the dice on Ochocinco and possibly get some solid hands.

I still think it's funny that people think PSN is better than Live. I also think it's funny that people consider Formula 1 a "sport."
What is better about XBL, pray tell, besides that people play Halo on it?

PSN offers free access to the back catalogue and other free content, discounted store content, and a more intuitively designed store UI.

Don't worry, I'm sure he'll be a great mentor and influence for Tannehill, leaving you set at QB for the next decade.

Oh snap, the Dolphins did sign Ocho didn't they. :jnc

Hard Knocks to be 50% Ocho's antics, 50% Lauren Tannehill.

I'm OK with this.

That's actually not a bad pick up for them. Chad's still solid (at least he's better than whoever the Dolphins have now, and they can't be paying that much just to bring him in to camp and see if he can contribute.

What is better about XBL, pray tell, besides that people play Halo on it?

PSN offers free access to the back catalogue and other free content, discounted store content, and a more intuitively designed store UI.

Well for me an online service is meant to play with friends. None of my friends have a PS3 so it's basically a single player only machine for me. I guess I've also had the impression that Live has always been ahead of PSN in features, usability, etc. Yes, I pay for Live, but considering I'm on there all the time with friends, it's well worth it. I've also always thought it was funny that people complain about paying $5/month for a high quality online service.

Well for me an online service is meant to play with friends. None of my friends have a PS3 so it's basically a single player only machine for me. I guess I've also had the impression that Live has always been ahead of PSN in features, usability, etc. Yes, I pay for Live, but considering I'm on there all the time with friends, it's well worth it. I've also always thought it was funny that people complain about paying $5/month for a high quality online service.

You're right about playing with friends considering all of the Call Of Duty and Halo traffic on their machine but the service itself is dog shit.

The feature-set is pretty much 1:1 at this point but really PlayStation offers a far greater value.
The kind of have to being behind and after the hacking scandal but it's still nice.

Microsoft is in the dominant position so they can basically do what they want and I don't blame them too much for capitalizing on that financially but after awhile it just becomes obvious that they don't get a fuck.

bionic77

I have no problem with people paying for Xbox Live. I waste a lot of money myself for convenience and on some dumb shit (I have a shit load of PS2 and 3 games that I have never even opened).

But please don't justify it being good value. You are paying 60 a year for peer to peer gaming that should be free.

Edit: I will give one thing to Xbox. Their updates are not as retarded and you won't get 56k speeds downloading shit either.

I have no problem with people paying for Xbox Live. I waste a lot of money myself for convenience and on some dumb shit (I have a shit load of PS2 and 3 games that I have never even opened).

But please don't justify it being good value. You are paying 60 a year for peer to peer gaming that should be free.

Edit: I will give one thing to Xbox. Their updates are not as retarded and you won't get 56k speeds downloading shit either.

The value is that all of my friends have it and we play online games on it. If everyone said "fuck this shit, I ain't paying for multiplayer" and went to the PS3, then I imagine MSFT would make the service free. But Bucket's right. They are in a dominant position. If you want to play online with your friends, you have a better chance of all of them having a 360 than a PS3 (especially in the US). The controller is better, the headset is packaged right with the service, etc. They made it easy. I have a PS3 and still have no idea what I can use as a headset. Any old bluetooth headset or do I need a special one? And frankly it wouldn't matter because all of my friends play multiplayer on 360.

Simply put, MSFT did several things in this gen that gave them the crown. Smart strategy, took the long road (didn't abandon things when the Wii took off), etc. I was mostly a PC gamer until the Xbox came along. Just had a ton of friends wanting to play Halo 2. We branched out over the years to include other FPSs, a little RTS where it was available, etc. 360 has been my favorite console by far, but now it's long in the tooth and I'm back playing PC titles a bit (thanks to Diablo III).

Bottom line: PSN never really had a chance; had to play catch up in the online service, etc. By the time they could match features 1:1, everyone was playing CoD on the 360 and not giving a fuck about blowing $5 per month on it. When you blow the number of hours on CoD that I've blown (especially CoD4), $5 per month is chump change.

If you're pubbing, play carries a lot and pray your team doesn't suck it up until you're farmed up. I usually random but I rarely stay with support heroes if they come up.

Lycan is a good one especially. Jungle, get Treads/Vlad by 9, solo Roshan, start smashing faces. Get BKB and Basher, and start ganking solo heros and pushing their towers. I've never lost a game with Lycan (admittedly small sample size). You have to push the issue once you have items though, because there are heroes (hard carries basically) like Morph and PL that can kill you once they're farmed up.

Additionally, always remember that most of your teammates will be shit and you'll have to win the game single-handedly. Unless you just genuinely enjoy it, playing support in pubs is pure masochism. Don't focus on winning and losing, just try and play your best. The way your teammates play is out of your hands.

Play with me so I can play support!

Top Bottom