• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

squicken

I really doubt that.

If Driver isn't gone this year, he's gone the next.
Jones' contract is really modest so it's not a matter of cap space either.

If Jones left it'd leave the Packers with 3 WRs and one Hall Of Famer.

LZ has Packers sources so I wouldn't entirely dismiss it. I thought you guys wanted more Cobb?

LZ has Packers sources so I wouldn't entirely dismiss it. I thought you guys wanted more Cobb?
JJ is typically used on the outside, Cobb has most practical use in the slot (where Driver has been used as of late).

I just don't why they'd trade him.

After this season after they test out Gurley? Perhaps. Not now though.

The only reason we resigned JJones last year because Buckethead demanded it and Ted felt bad. Well I've got my shares Ted, and I want Cobb in his spot!

8Q9CK.jpg

Look at those eyes. He's ready.He's got a full offseason this year, I expect magic from him.

And I think we've got so much up and coming talent at WR it's time to give them a chance. Plus maybe we can add a value piece in return for Jones at a position we need more than WR. Nelson asserting himself and solidifying the #2 spot makes this mostly a nonissue for me anyway. This time last year when we were having this discussion\ it was a different story because neither of them really stood out above the other.

squicken

The only reason we resigned JJones last year because Buckethead demanded it and Ted felt bad. Well I've got my shares Ted, and I want Cobb in his spot!

8Q9CK.jpg

Look at those eyes. He's ready.He's got a full offseason this year, I expect magic from him.

And I think we've got so much up and coming talent at WR it's time to give them a chance. Plus maybe we can add a value piece in return for Jones at a position we need more than WR. Nelson asserting himself and solidifying the #2 spot makes this mostly a nonissue for me anyway. This time last year when we were having this discussion\ it was a different story because neither of them really stood out above the other.

I rarely feel strongly about draft picks, but I so wanted the Rams to take him over Kendricks. The Rams had awful coaching so maybe he gets better with Fisher, but last year he was a waste, and the Rams had nothing in their return game

I rarely feel strongly about draft picks, but I so wanted the Rams to take him over Kendricks. The Rams had awful coaching so maybe he gets better with Fisher, but last year he was a waste, and the Rams had nothing in their return game

Rams have gone from awful to mediocre coaching. You will double your win total though

Jordy was our #1 last year Legendary old buddy old pal.

We're not going to have 5 TEs on the roster this year so I don't see it being about a roster spot either.

Speaking of the Packers, I'm excited to see Devon Hourse and the good doctor MD Jennings. Supposedly they've both grown a lot and lord knows we need someone who isn't Chuckles Peprah at Safety.

nah I think 5 wins is the floor. Things go their way 7-9

I don't see 7 wins on your schedule even if things go your way. Sorry bruh :(

Harbaugh improved us by 7 games last year but he is the greatest coach to come into the nfl since bill walsh. Jeff fisher isn't in harbaughs league and neither are any of your assistants equal to ours. A 3 game improvement for the rams would be incredible for them. You haven't added any good talent anywhere and your best qb isn't even starting

squicken

Harbaugh improved us by 7 games last year but he is the greatest coach to come into the nfl since bill walsh. Jeff fisher isn't in harbaughs league and neither are any of your assistants equal to ours. A 3 game improvement for the rams would be incredible for them. You haven't added any good talent anywhere and your best qb isn't even starting

The defense should actually be quite improved. Going from DBs off the street to players with talent will be huge. Bradford becomes a top 10 QB and 7 wins is possible. I don't ever think Bradford will develop the pocket presence to be a good QB but might as well spend the offseason hoping for the best.

I still think it's funny that people think PSN is better than Live. I also think it's funny that people consider Formula 1 a "sport."

Straight up, finances and everything else included, I choose PSN. Its free and gets you essentially the same online experience as anything else.

Assuming that all of my PSN buddies could magically travel with me and XBL didnt cost 50 bucks a year or whatever, sure, I would choose Live.

bluemax

Banned
CDY teach me the ways of Dota 2.

Just pub stomp with Ursa until you understand the game.

Rush Vlads, only level w and e until 6 and worst case you should have Vlads and normal boots by level 9 at which point you can easily solo Roshan. Make sure you time the spawns (10 minutes after he dies). Get phase boots, blink dagger and the hammer that gives you stun chance. Once you stop winning all the time learn to play a real hero.

cdyhybrid

Play with me so I can play support!

If we're ever on at the same time sure!

Just pub stomp with Ursa until you understand the game.

Rush Vlads, only level w and e until 6 and worst case you should have Vlads and normal boots by level 9 at which point you can easily solo Roshan. Make sure you time the spawns (10 minutes after he dies). Get phase boots, blink dagger and the hammer that gives you stun chance. Once you stop winning all the time learn to play a real hero.

New strategy:

-Pick Chaos Knight
-Treads > Armlet > Helm of the Dominator > Manta > AC or Heart > Heart or AC > Satanic
-Win

The game is probably over by the time you get Manta, though. He's a godly pubstomper along with Ursa and Lycan. Plus, he looks cool! Almost as cool as Matt Flynn in the best jersey in the NFL throwing for 50 TDs this season.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I have no problem with people paying for Xbox Live. I waste a lot of money myself for convenience and on some dumb shit (I have a shit load of PS2 and 3 games that I have never even opened).

But please don't justify it being good value. You are paying 60 a year for peer to peer gaming that should be free.

Edit: I will give one thing to Xbox. Their updates are not as retarded and you won't get 56k speeds downloading shit either.
Not that it changes much, but there's no reason to pay 60 when you can pay 50 and withhold your CC.

Son, your boy is good, but he's not even the best coach in his own family tree.

Striker

Hey Mike, nobody is going to cry for you.

“That’s a joke,” Vick told Mike Missanelli of 97.5 The Fanatic in Philadelphia. “Maybe it was voted on by the peers, but I just disagree. I know how good I am and what I bring to the table for my football team, and the things that I can do on the football field sometimes can be uncanny. . . .
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/11/vick-calls-his-top-100-ranking-a-joke/

Maybe if he wasn't such an ass QB, he would be higher. Still relating to the list, Desean Jackson over Hakeem Nicks, lol. In yo dreams.

Vick said that about himself ^^^ ? LOL

Not that it changes much, but there's no reason to pay 60 when you can pay 50 and withhold your CC.
Or when you can pay 35. I haven't paid full price in years. Every month there's a deal for Xbox Live for 45 or less. Vastly prefer Live as well.

I'm actually serious. I was fully on board until this pikmin news. Same ol clueless ass holes.

The fact that Pikmin has mp and coop but they are both local only is totally insane. It really does make me wonder what Nintendos plan is for the WiiU. It is really feeling like Wii 2.0 right now. It is going to have achievements but they wont be mandatory? That is such bullshit.

XBL is light years ahead of PSN still. I can chat with friends while we play different games on XBL, I get download speeds that are above 56k on XBL also, they are constantly adding new features/services to XBL. I love what Sony is doing with PS+ nothing matches that but for just playing online games and connecting to friends XBL is much better. I have been playing a ton of Just Cause 2 since I got it for free from PS+, and damn that game is awesome. I cant believe I waited so long to play it.

bionic77

The value is that all of my friends have it and we play online games on it. If everyone said "fuck this shit, I ain't paying for multiplayer" and went to the PS3, then I imagine MSFT would make the service free. But Bucket's right. They are in a dominant position. If you want to play online with your friends, you have a better chance of all of them having a 360 than a PS3 (especially in the US). The controller is better, the headset is packaged right with the service, etc. They made it easy. I have a PS3 and still have no idea what I can use as a headset. Any old bluetooth headset or do I need a special one? And frankly it wouldn't matter because all of my friends play multiplayer on 360.

Simply put, MSFT did several things in this gen that gave them the crown. Smart strategy, took the long road (didn't abandon things when the Wii took off), etc. I was mostly a PC gamer until the Xbox came along. Just had a ton of friends wanting to play Halo 2. We branched out over the years to include other FPSs, a little RTS where it was available, etc. 360 has been my favorite console by far, but now it's long in the tooth and I'm back playing PC titles a bit (thanks to Diablo III).

Bottom line: PSN never really had a chance; had to play catch up in the online service, etc. By the time they could match features 1:1, everyone was playing CoD on the 360 and not giving a fuck about blowing $5 per month on it. When you blow the number of hours on CoD that I've blown (especially CoD4), $5 per month is chump change.
So the "value" is that MS has convinced you and your dumb friends that you have to pay $60/month to play online games and shit like Netflix when there are comparable alternatives that do the same thing for free? This is why I hate having discussions with gamers because as a whole we are not that smart and are pretty irrational.

I don't really care if people spend their money on Xbox Live. Like I said I waste money on lots of dumb shit myself (buying a new MBA this weekend!) and as long as you can afford it and are not starving your kids or going into debt then it is your money, do with it as you please. But lets not act like it has any value to it or that it is not a complete ripoff. Even for the original Xbox when they charged for online gaming, I got the same shit for free on Dreamcast and then on PS2 (which admittedly was gimped as shit).

So the "value" is that MS has convinced you and your dumb friends that you have to pay $60/month to play online games and shit like Netflix when there are comparable alternatives that do the same thing for free? This is why I hate having discussions with gamers because as a whole we are not that smart and are pretty irrational.

I don't really care if people spend their money on Xbox Live. Like I said I waste money on lots of dumb shit myself (buying a new MBA this weekend!) and as long as you can afford it and are not starving your kids or going into debt then it is your money, do with it as you please. But lets not act like it has any value to it or that it is not a complete ripoff. Even for the original Xbox when they charged for online gaming, I got the same shit for free on Dreamcast and then on PS2 (which admittedly was gimped as shit).

I dont understand why you are having a hard time understanding this, it isnt that people are dumb it is that the online experience on 360 is much better. It is easier to coordinate on 360, you can just do party chat with your friends no matter what game they are playing, you know that everyone on 360 ha a headset so talking isnt a problem, XBL just runs smoother which is a big deal to people. I cant tell you how many times I get network timed out errors in mp games on the PS3. The 360 gets DLC first in almost every single case. There are lots of reasons to prefer the 360 for mp gaming, and the price just isnt a big enough barrier to overcome all the pros of the service.

bionic77

I dont understand why you are having a hard time understanding this, it isnt that people are dumb it is that the online experience on 360 is much better. It is easier to coordinate on 360, you can just do party chat with your friends no matter what game they are playing, you know that everyone on 360 ha a headset so talking isnt a problem, XBL just runs smoother which is a big deal to people. I cant tell you how many times I get network timed out errors in mp games on the PS3. The 360 gets DLC first in almost every single case. There are lots of reasons to prefer the 360 for mp gaming, and the price just isnt a big enough barrier to overcome all the pros of the service.
I guess I don't game enough online but I honestly never had a any problems with my PS3 or Dreamcast playing with friends. The PS2 was pretty shit, but I don't know if that was the console, netcode or my connection. I don't think I ever played a game online with the Wii, but I could be wrong about that. Been awhile since I turned it on.

I still think it is a ripoff, but hey maybe I am wrong.

eznark

Banned

Weird that I can do all of this on the PC and no one charges me money for it.

Console gamers lololol

bionic77

You're not wrong. It is a ripoff. Problem is gamers are idiots who are being spoonfed garbage but still eat it up.
That isn't a new phenomenon.

Part of me wants to become a handheld only gamer. I wonder if the 3DS is going to live up to the DS? I think I will wait for the XL version though even though kid icarus and Mario beckon...

That isn't a new phenomenon.

Part of me wants to become a handheld only gamer. I wonder if the 3DS is going to live up to the DS? I think I will wait for the XL version though even though kid icarus and Mario beckon...

I'd wait. 3D Land is awesome though.

I've gotten to the point where there are certain games i'll only play on handheld, so the 3DS/iPad are a must for me.

eznark

Banned
I have a gaming pc but I have no interest in playing mp games on it. XBL is perfect for what it does and I can afford the $50 a year that it costs.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ha

bionic77

I'd wait. 3D Land is awesome though.

I've gotten to the point where there are certain games i'll only play on handheld, so the 3DS/iPad are a must for me.
Even though I am a huge Apple whore I never got an iPad and have no inclination to. As I get older and my free time dwindles something about handhelds really appeals to me. I think one of the most appealing things about them is that I can get in and out of a game in a few seconds (even faster when in sleep). The updates and long load times really turn me off for consoles these days. Especially the updates on PS3 which feel like a punishment.

The one thing I don't like about the 3DS is the 3D. The effect is cool but not something I am into and I never used it that much when I played around on it. Vita seems pretty boss but I am not sure the games will be there. I was really impressed with the hardware when I played around with it. In the end I will have to buy a 3DS because that gets Fire Emblem, even though I could care less about the 3D.

bionic77

I don't get how a shooter fan could prefer the use of a controller.

It is infinitely better with a mouse and keyboard.

I am not even a big PC gamer anymore and even I know that from many hours of getting my ass kicked in CS. Fuck that game!

I don't get how a shooter fan could prefer the use of a controller.

It is infinitely better with a mouse and keyboard.

I am not even a big PC gamer anymore and even I know that from many hours of getting my ass kicked in CS. Fuck that game!
I just wont use a mouse and keyboard to play a game. It just isnt fun to me. I tried a few times and I dont like it. I undertand it is an advantage for some types of games but it takes away from the fun for me. I dont want a keyboard in my lap while playing and I cant sit up on my coach for long amounts of time. I think controllers work fine as long as everyone has one.

bionic77

I just wont use a mouse and keyboard to play a game. It just isnt fun to me. I tried a few times and I dont like it. I undertand it is an advantage for some types of games but it takes away from the fun for me. I dont want a keyboard in my lap while playing and I cant sit up on my coach for long amounts of time. I think controllers work fine as long as everyone has one.
Weird.

I understand where you're coming from.

I feel the same way about the Dual analog on console. I won't play a FPS with Dual analog anymore. Wiimote or bust.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Over the last few months I have been bullied by my friends to upgrade my computer so I could actually play PC games. Last night I played Left 4 Dead 2 for the first time ever. Was pretty fun.

Was a bit hard getting used to using a keyboard and mouse but it was still fun. Although I refuse to become a PC gamer...at least until I get myself a more comfortable chair.

Kave Man said:
Although I refuse to become a PC gamer...at least until I get myself a more comfortable chair.
Hook it up to your TV via HDMI, get a decent KB/M lap table and get the "comfy couch" experience that some console gamers think is a myth in the PC world.

Milchjon

I just wont use a mouse and keyboard to play a game. It just isnt fun to me. I tried a few times and I dont like it. I undertand it is an advantage for some types of games but it takes away from the fun for me. I dont want a keyboard in my lap while playing and I cant sit up on my coach for long amounts of time. I think controllers work fine as llong as everyone has one.

I actually agree. May be mostly from getting used to it, but I've never had as much fun playing with KB/mouse. It's objectively faster/more accurate, but it's subjectively less fun.

I also have a general hate for PCs right now after my experiences with trying to restore my notebook after a crashed HDD. I'm in some ways a MS fanboy, but some aspects of their systems are just plain stupid.

I play primarily on PC...and who cares what input device someone prefers? Talk about grognard shit in 2012. Controllers are the preferable control method on almost all games now anyway, even on PC because that's how the market is. There's only a handful of games that are markedly better with kb/m these days.

Controller + PC = Heaven

I play primarily on PC...and who cares what input device someone prefers? Talk about grognard shit in 2012. Controllers are the preferable control method on almost all games now anyway, even on PC because that's how the market is. There's only a handful of games that are markedly better with kb/m these days.

Controller + PC = Heaven

I took me a while to get my controller to work the way I wanted it to, but Mass Effect 2 on PC with controller was fantastic. I just wish more games were like the Witcher 2 that support the controller right out of the box.

Top Bottom