• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

bionic77

Top 100 lists are so fucking boring.

If you are going to do lists at least be creative. Like name the 10 players you assume are or will be the worst fathers? Or qbs who look the best/worst with their shirts off? Top 10 coaches (in order of strength of handshake).

bionic77

Solid defense begins with a pass rush.

I'm not going to argue that Revis isn't the best or top 3 in his position but your ability to get to the quarterback is what wins games.

So basically I would take Clay Matthews and Demarcus Ware over Revis and any other defensive player.
Holy shit! Did you really put Clay Mathews in the same category as Demarcus Ware?

Even an injured and gimpy James Harrison has more impact on the field than Clay!

Fox318

Top 100 lists are so fucking boring.

If you are going to do lists at least be creative. Like name the 10 players you assume are or will be the worst fathers? Or qbs who look the best/worst with their shirts off? Top 10 coaches (in order of strength of handshake).

Top 10 coaches (in order of strength of handshake)

1.Jim Harbaugh
2.Rex Ryan
3.Mike Tomlin
4.Ron Rivera
5.John Harbaugh
6.Greg Schiano
7.Romeo Crennel
8.Mike McCarthy
9.Sean Payton
10.Ken Whisenhunt

34287899867234. Jason Garrett

Milchjon

I could see putting Leach on a top 100 list (though nowhere near as high as he was put)

Yeah, this is why his comments seemed a bit stupid to me. Especially when his list doesn't seem so much better after all. I love Gronk with all my heart, but #10 in the league?!? Polamalu is also ranked too high after the last two seasons, especially when he specifically mentions him in the intro.

Thank for forcibly dragging everyone into list warzzz Deacon. Ass hole.

I'll make a list of best tipping concepts, acceptable foreskin lengths and most beautiful redheads. Also favorite Gaffers. <3 lists <3

Talon

Clay Matthews rode AGod's dick to greatness. Man was nonexistent last year.

DeMarcus Ware is a God stuck on a moronic franchise.

Giants using heart rate monitors, GPS devices and other technology at training camp. Some interesting stuff about the tech and the players views on it. As well as the view of the trainer who sees it as a first step to something bigger.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/15/s...add-technology-to-workouts.html?smid=tw-share

“Currently, Couch Coughlin comes to me and says, ‘Do you think the team looks tired?’ ” Barnes said. “Or the players come to me and say, ‘Our legs are dead.’ And I’ll go up and say, ‘Coach, the guys are telling me they’re really tired.’ ”

Barnes laughed and continued: “And usually he says to me, ‘Well, we haven’t done that much!’ But then he’ll make adaptations based on what I’ve told him. With this setup, I’ll be able to tell him, yes, they are tired — and also that, say, Ahmad Bradshaw is particularly tired and here’s why.”

About 35 Giants players volunteered to wear the devices during workouts, as well as give urine samples to measure hydration. The players also answered standardized survey questions designed to give context to the data. The Giants worked with Timex — one of their corporate partners and the maker of the devices — as well as the Korey Stringer Institute, which is a part of the University of Connecticut’s Neag School of Education, to conduct the study.

Hate on Clay all you want, the whole team had a bad year on D. This year he will return to his elite level of play!

Clay-Matthews-Hair.jpg

I've criticized him more than any of you last year.

jakncoke

Banned
fuck i miss football, i swear im just going to start watching any and every clip on youtube. even of the other 31 shitty franchises

bionic77

You would be last on my favorite Gaffers list.

Bionic would be number 1.
We can be friends if you ditch the Pats and listen to your inner Tebow and become a Steelers fan.

Hate on Clay all you want, the whole team had a bad year on D. This year he will return to his elite level of play!

Clay-Matthews-Hair.jpg

I've criticized him more than any of you last year.
I never said he was crap. He is a good pass rushing linebacker who has to improve on his tackling in the run game. He is also white and is very marketable to Packer fans and bandwagoners with his disgusting hair hanging out of his helmut (for the record I think we can all agree that in addition to being the best free safety of his generation Troy also started the long hair craze in the NFL). I just said he was not in Ware's league, which is true and to think otherwise is crazytime.

I never said he was crap. He is a good pass rushing linebacker who has to improve on his tackling in the run game. He is also white and is very marketable to Packer fans and bandwagoners with his disgusting hair hanging out of his helmut (for the record I think we can all agree that in addition to being the best free safety of his generation Troy also started the long hair craze in the NFL). I just said he was not in Ware's league, which is true and to think otherwise is crazytime.

Thank you bionic. You are wise, except for overrating that linebacker who people call a safety. Clearly he'd rather play with his luxurious locks than cover a receiver though. Clay is all business.

Lost in the embarassment of last year's defensive performance was the fact that he seems to have made strides in run D (pretty noticeable imo) and pass coverage (slightly). Hopefully it can all come together for him this year with some help around him on the line.

squicken

Jaws had his next QB on his countdown. Not really linkbait since it's TV only, but I guess the concept is the same. I enjoy them b/c it's more about his reasoning than the ranking. Anywho

30 Tebow
29 Gabbert
28 Ponder
27 Flynn

"I broke down both of Flynn's starts: New England in 2010 and Detroit last season. What I saw was a timing and rhythm passer who's decisive with his reads and his throws. He was consistently accurate in the short to intermediate areas. He displayed a nice feel in the pocket with some subtle movements, like this slight shoulder roll to manipulate the coverage."

"Flynn also showed the ability to get out of the pocket and throw on the run. But the more throws I watched, the more his arm strength limitations were evident. The fade is not an arm-strength throw. It's more of a touch throw. In fact, I was concerned that his few deep balls lost energy at the back end. They had a tendency to die."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/67826/jaws-qb-countdown-matt-flynn

Clay Matthews rode AGod's dick to greatness. Man was nonexistent last year.

DeMarcus Ware is a God stuck on a moronic franchise.

Cowboys need Tom Landry back.

I watched his a Football life special, great stuff. A guy like Landry with the Cowboys again would almost make them bearable.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
They delayed a match because of rain? PUSSIES! What is this, baseball?

Grover will be here shortly with a gif of Scam in hurricane conditions.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Is Darkside there with his Tebow Pony?

Unfortunately I am not as I reside in Orlando and Pittsburgh is quite far away. Also Tebow pony really wouldn't work, he's chiseled way more than a pony, way more than any human being really. It'd have to be a Tebow wolf fursuit.

Brinbe

Great news!

NFL To Make 'Coaches Film' Available To Fans

Die hard football fans, the kind of fans that like to dig into the details of the game's Xs and Os may have experienced heart palpitations on Friday morning. The NFL announced, after years of begging and cajoling from fans, that it will make "Coaches Film" available through its Game Rewind feature, which allows fans to watch archived broadcasts of each and every NFL game.

Coaches Film shows the entire field of play, a bird's eye view of all 22 players on the field and what they are doing, or not doing in some cases. Utilizing a number of different camera angles it facilitates a better understanding of what transpires all over field rather than the television broadcast which typically follows possession of the ball.

This is what teams use to breakdown plays, evaluate players and all those other things that get lumped into the term "watching film."

The Coaches Film is included in the premium Game Rewind package, available for a $60 subscription. For many, it will be a small price to pay considered the demand from football fans over the years. It might also prove to be a very lucrative offering from the NFL, as the league wades further and further into the waters of technological innovations to enhance the fan experience.

Pretty sure I'd easily pay 60 for that... damn.

squicken

Great news!

Jesus titty fucking Christ if we can finally get the all 22 it will be the greatest thing ever. But we've been mislead so many times before, and it's only sbnation

edit: Wouldn't get too excited. DTV was advertising that we'd get coaches film last year but never did. NBC offers the all 22 view for their games, on like 5 plays

squicken

It does say every 2012 play with the Plus package. Damn that would awesome if they have it. But I've been burned so many times before

edit: it's real. Twitter blowing up. I'm so happy.

Great news!

AWESOME! I already happily pay for Game Rewind so getting Coaches film as part of that (even for a small premium) makes me one seriously happy camper.

squicken

In the NBA or baseball, there are groups of fans who are far smarter than the people who cover the game or even coach or draft the players. Baseball was revolutionized by people far outside the game. But with football, we've always been at the mercy of the chosen few who actually get to see the whole game. When Michael Lombardi pops off about something, he can be immediately refuted by a simple animated gif now

This is huge. Every NFL media type just crapped himself.

Slo I have no intention of watching every team's game rewind. But I will watch my own, and maybe the tape of the team they play the following week. What I'm really excited for is to finally have this in the hands of very smart people who write and talk about football intelligently but were outside the NFL's inner circle

Slo

In the NBA or baseball, there are groups of fans who are far smarter than the people who cover the game or even coach of draft the players. Baseball was revolutionized by people far outside the game. But with football, we've always been at the mercy of the chosen few who actually get to see the whole game. When Michael Lombardi pops off about something, he can be immediately refuted by a simple animated gif now

This is huge. Every NFL media type just crapped himself

DON'T EVER QUESTION MY FANHOOD. I'M THE FIRST MOTHERFUCKER IN MY MUSTY BASEMENT FILM ROOM EVERY DAY AND THE LAST ONE TO LEAVE.

bionic77

There's no reason to turn something that you enjoy into horrible, tedious, work.
I also don't think I want to break down my team's losses. It would be fun to break down the awesome plays your team makes, but I don't get paid for this shit and I don't want to watch 30 hours of video to confirm the suspicion I get from watching games on tv that Hines Ward is slow as shit.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Just told a buddy of mine, he is going insane right now over this.

If it is available in Canada I may be tempted. I've been doing my best to learn all I can about the ins and outs of football over the last few years. This might help me out a bit more.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
There's no reason to turn something that you enjoy into horrible, tedious, work.

I just accept the fact that there are people who know a lot more about football than I do.

Now those same people have access to film? Ridiculous.

Top Bottom