• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

eznark

Banned
Just start watching soccer!

untitled-9kf8dq.gif

IT'S SO MUCH FUCKING FUN!

I had no idea Jeff Gerstmann was a soccer fan

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...packers-playoff-loss-to-giants?module=HP11_cp

NFL.com said:
Mike McCarthy still stewing over Packers' playoff loss to Giants

"The biggest lesson is in adversity, and the Super Bowl team handled it, time and time and time again, and in bunches, in chunks," McCarthy said. "The Miami game. The Washington game. There were times during the season, it was just, 'Wow.' Detroit with Aaron, and then going up to New England. There are great examples. And then last year, we get in a tough situation in Kansas City, and we didn't handle it very well. I didn't handle it very well.

"That's the thing that kicks me around at night: Did I do the right thing the Giants week? Is there something I could've done differently with our team? That's what you learn from. Unfortunately, we had two subpar days that cost us, and one was in the playoffs. Trust me, I understand the importance of playoff football. I don't just chalk it up to a bad day, I don't believe in that thought process. I believe that you gotta be brutally honest with yourself and make sure it never happens again."

It's easy to forget now that in December, the Packers were the toast of the NFL, coming off a Super Bowl championship, riding the wave of a 13-0 start, and threatening records for winning streaks and offensive production with a roster loaded with 20-somethings. It didn't take much to change that narrative.

The truth is McCarthy wouldn't want it any other way. The fact that a loss in the second round of the playoffs adds up to abject failure is something the coach gets. It shows where the McCarthy/Ted Thompson program is. But it also illustrates who the Packers are. And make no mistake, the coach has no problem with anyone else looking at last January as a disaster for his team. Because that's exactly how he sees it.

"Frankly, our history and tradition is our checks and balances," McCarthy said. "Four-game win streaks, 10-game winning streaks, we really don't have anybody beating their chest, because we know what it's all about. I'm not disrespecting other organizations, but some teams have never won, or done it once in 50 years. It's different. It's different when it's in your face every day, it's part of your workplace. I mean, it's what you sign on for. It's not only accepted and understood, it's the reality of working here."

Better now, as McCarthy sees it, for the Packers to confront all of that. As the coach says, don't forget what happened last year -- make sure it never happens again.

Big Mike getting me pumped up.

what is your "history" mike? 2 superbowl wins? OOOOH WHAT A HISTORIC TEAM! who gives a fuck about your pre-superbowl "championships"? if we're going to count those, then the cleveland browns are the greatest franchise in the history of the league.

mike mccarthy is a shitty coach and the packers are the most overrated team in the league. time for alex smith to prove once and for all who the right pick was and put this dog down in week 1!

138614554_crop_650x440.jpg

doin it and doin it and doin it well!

Abject failure? I think it's pretty well understood that the fist 14 weeks are meaningless in picking a SB winner. The regular season is simply a chance to buy a lottery ticket to the playoffs and maybe be the team who catches fire at the exact right time

This hasn't always been the case.

bionic77

what is your "history" mike? 2 superbowl wins? OOOOH WHAT A HISTORIC TEAM! who gives a fuck about your pre-superbowl "championships"? if we're going to count those, then the cleveland browns are the greatest franchise in the history of the league.

mike mccarthy is a shitty coach and the packers are the most overrated team in the league. time for alex smith to prove once and for all who the right pick was and put this dog down in week 1!

138614554_crop_650x440.jpg

doin it and doin it and doin it well!
You had me until you got to the Alex Smith stuff.

It is a slow week and I just saw the trailers for that 1313 game. That is next gen? Looks like a slightly souped up rip off of Uncharted in the SW universe. Am I missing something? That is what people got excited over during E3?

The industry really is doomed...

Talon

Every game is a third person "platformer*" + shooter, bionic. Didn't you get the memo?

*Platformer does not mean following one path, motherfuckers.

squicken

This hasn't always been the case.

It is now, though. Be healthy and/or ride a hot QB. Obviously, certain teams that make the playoffs won't have a chance. Denver, Cincy, Houston, and SF from last year, as an example

It's why I think expanded the playoffs would be a 1000x worse than going to 18 games. Playoffs are a lottery. Make it hard to get there

Not surprising but Colt Mccoy is on the trade block and he was on the block at the draft:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...ng-block-by-browns?module=HP11_headline_stack

"I think (Colt's) a wonderful young man, and a good football player," Holmgren said. "And if you are asking me to say was it fair last year? He had a tough go and he didn’t get as much help as I thought he was going to get. But heck, that’s football.”

Translation: Thanks for trying. It wasn't enough.

Seneca Wallace can't imagine there being enough room for him and McCoy on the roster. Wallace knows things. Holmgren is likely to look for a way out for McCoy.

"They would like to find McCoy a new team, a new opportunity, to spare him the ignominy of being released. They will not demand much in a trade," Grossi writes.

A conditional late-round pick would probably get it done. We'd be on that happening. The Browns are trying to do McCoy a favor, but it doesn't do the 2012 Browns much of a favor to have this story drag out through August.

How long after the game do those Game Rewind videos actually go up? Normally I've had issues with watching time delayed sports, but all the crappy games that we get out here in Seattle is just killing me (no cable so I only get the Network games). If I could still watch, say, an early Sunday Lions game later that night Pacific time I'd have to consider shelling out for that.

Abject failure? I think it's pretty well understood that the fist 14 weeks are meaningless in picking a SB winner. The regular season is simply a chance to buy a lottery ticket to the playoffs and maybe be the team who catches fire at the exact right time

Packers had their turn.

I find it hard to believe that McCarthy seriously thought he was going to ride that trash defense to a Super Bowl.

Most of the time I'd check for a 1 oclock game it'd be there before the SNF game was on. Not sure if that's still the case though, that was two years ago or more.

It is now, though. Be healthy and/or ride a hot QB. Obviously, certain teams that make the playoffs won't have a chance. Denver, Cincy, Houston, and SF from last year, as an example

It's why I think expanded the playoffs would be a 1000x worse than going to 18 games. Playoffs are a lottery. Make it hard to get there

Lol yeah the 49ers were 13-3 but "caught fire late". Ok

Looks like the NFL coaches film won't cost anything extra. It's part of the $60 for Game Rewind. WOO!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/15/nfl-making-coaches-film-available-to-the-public/

Anyone/everyone can examine the end-zone-only images of every player on the field, along with everything else Game Rewind feature has to offer, for only $59.99 a year.

Frankly, the league could charge much more than $59.99 for access to the coaches film alone, and virtually everyone in the media would buy it. Instead, the league hopes to maximize the total number of folks who purchase the package by making the All-22 available as part of a broader collection of video with a very affordable price.

Top 100 lists are so fucking boring.

If you are going to do lists at least be creative. Like name the 10 players you assume are or will be the worst fathers? Or qbs who look the best/worst with their shirts off? Top 10 coaches (in order of strength of handshake).

#1 - Michael Jordan

Top 100 lists are so fucking boring.

If you are going to do lists at least be creative. Like name the 10 players you assume are or will be the worst fathers? Or qbs who look the best/worst with their shirts off? Top 10 coaches (in order of strength of handshake).

Worst father- Antonio Cromartie
Best father - Tom Brady

Best without shirt - 1a. TEBOW 1b. Tom Brady
Worst without shirt - Matt Stafford or Donald Penn

Best coach who is also an actor - Omar Epps
Best coach - Bill Belichick

Best looking player in league history - Tom Brady
Most perfect hair - Tom Brady
Prettiest smile - Tom Brady
Best arms - Tim Tebow

Milchjon

I don't think I've ever seen a shirtless pic of Tom except the draft one. A friend of mine is very disappointed about that.

And is Miguel still around? I remember him being pretty prolific.

Top Bottom