• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Milchjon

Mack Brown shelters his players. They all hit the NFL a little fragile.

How was this not posted? Harbaugh is flat out insane. I have not read a more nuts offseason interview this year. There's too much awesome to try and bold so I'll just give the best line b/c the interview is full of great stuff like this

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/67679/character-assassination-in-diabolical-world

I'm not completely convinced FMT isn't Harbaugh. I mean, IIRC he doesn't even post during games.

LJ11

How is Dark Souls different from Demon Soul's? I found the combat in Demon clunky and they level design very basic. I just wanted to go back to MH playing Demon's Souls.

Dark Souls has good level design, the world is pretty big and it interconnects in really great way. Melee combat is basically the same though.

Slo

Today would be a great day to invite a bunch of buddies over, grill some burgers, have a beer, and review game film for a few hours. That "All 22" package can't get here soon enough!!

Mack Brown shelters his players. They all hit the NFL a little fragile.

How was this not posted? Harbaugh is flat out insane. I have not read a more nuts offseason interview this year. There's too much awesome to try and bold so I'll just give the best line b/c the interview is full of great stuff like this

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/67679/character-assassination-in-diabolical-world

and yet he is by far the best coach in the division, even though he is the lowest paid coach! sounds like you're still upset that you missed the boat on harbaugh while you wasted another year with spags, now you end up with a washed up mediocre coach in jeff fisher where you'll probably waste another 3 or 4 years before you figure out that he won't get you anywhere. you might as well go back to the texans now since they are decent!

squicken

and yet he is by far the best coach in the division, even though he is the lowest paid coach! sounds like you're still upset that you missed the boat on harbaugh while you wasted another year with spags, now you end up with a washed up mediocre coach in jeff fisher where you'll probably waste another 3 or 4 years before you figure out that he won't get you anywhere. you might as well go back to the texans now since they are decent!

FMT, if your life depended on someone catching something, would Crabtree be in the top 2000?

I am bitter they missed out on him, though. Spags set the team back quite a bit. Still, that doesn't mean that Harbaugh isn't crazy, or that he's not completely lying about going after Peyton or wanting to keep Alex

FMT, if your life depended on someone catching something, would Crabtree be in the top 2000?

I am bitter they missed out on him, though. Spags set the team back quite a bit. Still, that doesn't mean that Harbaugh isn't crazy, or that he's completely lying about going after Peyton or wanting to keep Alex

at times crabtree has displayed incredible hands. i would trust crabtrees hands over my own! but this is just hyperbole from harbaugh. just like when he called alex smith elite last year or not going after peypey and a million other things he said. he is a master motivator and the results are there to prove it!

I mean it's sort of unfair to Pacman that the shooters aren't the ones who are getting sued, but I don't really have sympathy for him. One of the injured people was paralyzed. I'm sure he'll either get the amount reduced on appeal or file bankruptcy

agreed. on one hand pacman did this to himself because he was a fucking idiot. on the other hand, if he was an average joe off the streets and did the same thing they wouldn't have gotten this judgement

squicken

Your average joe on the street doesn't pay a guy 15k for shooting up a strip joint.

It's not like they don't have the shooter or his weapon. If my recollection is correct, the police and DA didn't really think Jones ordered the shooting. They caught the shooter and the he changed his story a few times, eventually saying Jones ordered the shooting

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Did picture-in-picture die on televisions? There are 2 soccer games on tv, but I can't watch them at the same time.

I was over at my father's house yesterday and the golf channel has picture-in-picture. They were showing Tiger Woods' practice AND Tiger Woods' presser at the same time!

minx

What?

Anyways guys, the point I'm trying to drive home, here: Jay Cutler is bad. Chicago will not win a Superbowl with him as a starter. Not exactly a bold statement to pick one time to not a win a championship in such a window, but whatever.

What was hard to understand? The Vikings will suck this year and are the sure thing 4th place team in the division by a long shot. This year will prove how good Cutler is since he has weapons for the first time in Chicago.

bionic77

Did picture-in-picture die on televisions? There are 2 soccer games on tv, but I can't watch them at the same time.
Basically yes because you would need two cable boxes to do PIP.

Before that you just needed two tuners in your tv and you could plug in the cable and the tv would take care of the rest.

I am actually with Dutch on this one. PIP was the shit in the 90s. I remember being able to watch sports while my little sister watched some shit on nickelodeon at the same time. Would have bee=-n impossible otherwise.

Basically yes because you would need two cable boxes to do PIP.

Before that you just needed two tuners in your tv and you could plug in the cable and the tv would take care of the rest.

I am actually with Dutch on this one. PIP was the shit in the 90s. I remember being able to watch sports while my little sister watched some shit on nickelodeon at the same time. Would have bee=-n impossible otherwise.

For fucks sake, this TV is like a year old and we have the most high tech fiber glass TV/internet shit, but you can't watch 2 channels at the same time? 10 years ago I could do that, but not anymore.

squicken

Sometimes I think we've found common ground and then it all goes to poo. Cutler is elite. He no longer has one of the worst GMs in football building the offense. Lovie idk. Bears fans don't seem to strongly like or dislike him. He runs a good defense most of the time

edit: Anyone here have U-Verse? Thinking of switching from Comcast. DirecTV not an option

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Sometimes I think we've found common ground and then it all goes to poo. Cutler is elite. He no longer has one of the worst GMs in football building the offense. Lovie idk. Bears fans don't seem to strongly like or dislike him. He runs a good defense most of the time

edit: Anyone here have U-Verse? Thinking of switching from Comcast. DirecTV not an option

:JNC :JNC :JNC :JNC :JNC :JNC

since he has been with the bears, he is completing under 60% of his passes, has an 82.9 QB rating, a 7.2 YPA and is responsible for 66 TD's and 59 turnovers. the only positive about him is that he does have a winning record (24-17) but if we're not going to give alex smith any credit for a winning record with a great defense then i'm not giving cutler any credit.

there is absolutely nothing elite about jay cutler except for maybe his arm strength. in that regard, there are tons of elite QB's in the league including ryan mallett and colin kapernick.

minx

lol jay cutler is fucking garbage. that was the worst trade of the decade, narrowly beating out the cowboys trade for roy williams

I know there is a pictograph somewhere on the Internet that shows what was done with all the picks. It was a good trade. Just had a shit GM who surrounded him with nothing. The Bears have had one of the worst group of receivers for years. Speaking of Roy Williams he was supposed to be our #1 WR last year. Goes to show what Cutler had to work with.

Edit: I'll admit I wasn't a Cutler fan till last year. Although his numbers might not have shown it if you watched him in the games he played he was finally starting to look elite. Then he got hurt.

I know there is a pictograph somewhere on the Internet that shows what was done with all the picks. It was a good trade. Just had a shit GM who surrounded him with nothing. The Bears have had one of the worst group of receivers for years. Speaking of Roy Williams he was supposed to be our #1 WR last year. Goes to show what Cutler had to work with.

but then i can make a case for a lot of players being elite, they just didn't have the offensive personnel surrounding them! no doubt cutler hasn't had an all-pro squad on offense, but neither do a lot of guys!

bionic77

For fucks sake, this TV is like a year old and we have the most high tech fiber glass TV/internet shit, but you can't watch 2 channels at the same time? 10 years ago I could do that, but not anymore.
PIP and a lot of dreams ended 11 years ago when the Pats won the SB.

I for one think there is a connection.

Like... Alex Smith?

I like Jay Cutler. There, I said it.

yeah, i can make a case for alex smith if you want to make one for jay cutler. they have similar career #'s. alex smith has never thrown as many TD's as cutler but cutler has never had a 90 QB rating and cutler has never had a 3/1 TD/INT ratio.

but because cutler has a great arm it's always someone elses fault. he's always on the short end of the stick and someone else is holding him down. the bottom line is cutler is a mid-tier QB, just like alex smith and a bunch of other guys. there are maybe 5 "elite" qb's in the league, and cutler isn't one of them and isn't close to being one of them

Milchjon

yeah, i can make a case for alex smith if you want to make one for jay cutler. they have similar career #'s. alex smith has never thrown as many TD's as cutler but cutler has never had a 90 QB rating and cutler has never had a 3/1 TD/INT ratio.

but because cutler has a great arm it's always someone elses fault. he's always on the short end of the stick and someone else is holding him down. the bottom line is cutler is a mid-tier QB, just like alex smith and a bunch of other guys. there are maybe 5 "elite" qb's in the league, and cutler isn't one of them and isn't close to being one of them

Just call Brady Brady.

Holy shit, FMT, you're talking sense, man! Cut it out!!! Tell them Cutler isn't good enough to eat a bag of Alex's tiny little dicks!!!

The world isn't ready for a kinder, gentler FMT.

Edit: Fixed for accuracy.

Case McCoy said:
Want to apologize for my tweet last night. It was definitely uncalled for and not at all what i stand for! Blood just runs deeper than sportcolors. I'm thankful to be playing the sport I love. But with that comes responsibility and I didn't handle that well last night.

CQPyM.png

Milchjon

My friend is playing WR on some lower league team now. I think I'll help him become the Spiderman of his league now with my awful throws.

Hail to the booze, I say!

Nakazato

Looks like at the moment Oher is our LT congrats to all the teams that will play us. Special Congrats to the following players

demarcus ware
jason babin
james harrison
troy polamalu
brian orakpo
JPP
Tuck
Osi

you will have 3 extra sacks this year this is our present to you

Looks like at the moment Oher is our LT congrats to all the teams that will play us. Special Congrats to the following players

demarcus ware
jason babin
james harrison
troy polamalu
brian orakpo

is oher no good or something? i thought he was doing well but then again i dont follow the ravens

Nakazato

is oher no good or something? i thought he was doing well but then again i dont follow the ravens

Gives up Pressure WAY to fast. normally after the defenders 1st move and counter move Oher wont keep on him. On the right he gives good amount of pressures as well. VS Elite Pass Rushers he wont even try to block. With Big MACS weight issues coming up AGAIN Oher has to play LT.

Striker

demarcus ware
jason babin
james harrison
troy polamalu
brian orakpo
JPP
Tuck
Osi

Trent Cole will line up vs. the LT, not Babin.

Top Bottom