• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

raheem-morris-tampa-bay-buccaneers-nfl.jpg

So they didn't teach him how to tackle in high school or college either? Or could it be that he's just a moron?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/43610/jaworksi-ranks-qb-ryan-fitzpatrick-no-24

Jaws has Fitzpatrick as his #24 ranked QB. Ahead of Tebow, Moore, Ponder, Gabert, and Flynn. Not sure on this, but it's splitting hairs. I do think it's clear from his presentations that Jaws likes QBs with big arms. But there are some other QBs I'd have lower than Fitz

I don't know. Fitz isn't terrible, but really, he's not shown a whole lot of potential. Last year was supposed to be his breakout year, and he had plenty of support on offense. He's playing at a D+ level right now, and I think his ceiling is about a C+/B-.

I'm a fan because he's better than the other garbage we've had for the past...ten years or so, but he's not really shown that he deserves to have the starting position uncontested by a proven veteran.

squicken

I don't know. Fitz isn't terrible, but really, he's not shown a whole lot of potential. Last year was supposed to be his breakout year, and he had plenty of support on offense. He's playing at a D+ level right now, and I think his ceiling is about a C+/B-.

I'm a fan because he's better than the other garbage we've had for the past...ten years or so, but he's not really shown that he deserves to have the starting position uncontested by a proven veteran.

Yeah I'm sure there are ties at this point with a whole bunch of guys who a C- types but aren't Gabbert bad. Didn't he get hurt and then was never the same last year? I mean he's a smaller guy so that's part of the evaluation, but I think it at least would explain the decline as the year went on

:jnc

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Yeah I'm sure there are ties at this point with a whole bunch of guys who a C- types but aren't Gabbert bad. Didn't he get hurt and then was never the same last year? I mean he's a smaller guy so that's part of the evaluation, but I think it at least would explain the decline as the year went on

Yeah, he was hurt. He's definitely not Gabbert bad. I think his upside is better than Sanchez, for sure. Last year was his first real year as a starter, but it was also his 7th year in. His time to really show what he's made of is this year. Cupcake schedule, great defense and plenty of weapons on offense.

LJ11

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/43610/jaworksi-ranks-qb-ryan-fitzpatrick-no-24

Jaws has Fitzpatrick as his #24 ranked QB. Ahead of Tebow, Moore, Ponder, Gabert, and Flynn. Not sure on this, but it's splitting hairs. I do think it's clear from his presentations that Jaws likes QBs with big arms. But there are some other QBs I'd have lower than Fitz

He's working on his footwork, new coach that actually cares, but once the bullets start flying he'll probably revert back to what he was/is.

It's the fade that kills him, and it's evident on the clips they showed. If he nails two fades against the Giants, they never make the playoffs and we have SF/GB/NE as champs. When you pass the ball short so much you have to hit the fade or it's squat city in the secondary. In hindsight, good thing he didn't hit those passes, lol.

His coach should do a better job managing the game, run the ball more. On the other hand their pass game sets up the run, at least he isn't babied.

1. Brady
2. Sanchez
3. Tebow
4. Fitzmagic
5. Vince Young
6. McElroy
7. David Garrard
8. Ryan Mallett
9. Matt Moore
10. Tyler Thigpen
11. Ryan Tannehill

Holy Damn I hadn't taken the time to really think about it, but other than Brady the AFC east is terrible. Overall even the NFC west is better.

squicken

He's working on his footwork, new coach that actually cares, but once the bullets start flying he'll probably revert back to what he was/is.

It's the fade that kills him, and it's evident on the clips they showed. If he nails two fades against the Giants, they never make the playoffs and we have SF/GB/NE as champs. When you pass the ball short so much you have to hit the fade or it's squat city in the secondary. In hindsight, good thing he didn't hit those passes, lol.

His coach should do a better job managing the game, run the ball more. On the other hand their pass game sets up the run, at least he isn't babied.

That's what I'm really enjoying. I like that Jaws presents his opinion well and isn't just throwing stuff out to make waves.

I guess on Fitz it seems that a guy that old would be tough to change his mechanics, but who knows? I don't doubt his desire.

Mark Sanchez did in 1 year what it took Alex Smith in 7.

lol mark sanchez contributed nothing to the jets playoff runs (in the playoffs or otherwise). the team won in spite of him, not because of him. he AVERAGED 19 turnovers a year in their playoff years lulz

alex smith on the other hand: 90 qb rating, 7 turnovers total, and single handedly won a playoff game. oh, and 0 playoff turnovers

Godslay

Banned
Well he's not going to give that trollop the time of day, but he will take Sanchez's job. That isn't two guys palling around. That's an alpha grabbing a beta by the scruff of the neck.

It's psychological warfare. Tebow knew month's in advanced that he would be traded to the Jets. It's all going according to the plan...

timtebowka.jpg

chrissvsv.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
I love the end with Brandon Lloyd going down and not risking getting hit for a potential game tying TD. All he does is go down as he catches the ball. He won't work the middle of the field at all. The guy is talented but he's a locker room cancer and total wussy

lloyd_ducks.gif

I love the end with Brandon Lloyd going down and not risking getting hit for a potential game tying TD. All he does is go down as he catches the ball. He won't work the middle of the field at all. The guy is talented but he's a locker room cancer and total wussy

that wasn't a game tying TD drive. we were already winning in the game and could've probably put it away with a FG (we were close to fg range too.... if he caught it we would've been inside the 30 as long as he got a few YAC)

Looks like he thought the ball was intended for someone else.

the next closest guy is a jet. how do you not know the play that was called? if there was supposed to be another crosser behind him he should've known it. just shows how lazy brandon lloyd was when he was on the niners. he could've been great

Top Bottom