• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

eznark

Banned
I am waiting on the revision before I get on board the 3DS bandwagon.

Though it is hard to wait that long for Kid Icarus!

That's what I like about the special edition releases so close to launch. I never would have bought a 3DS if they didn't release that zelda paint job.

bionic77

It is weird how much PC gamers talk about how much more powerful PCs are than consoles and the "definitive versions" of games.

When I was into PC gaming back in the 80s and 90s I don't remember this being brought up as much by PC gamers. Back then console gaming was seen as more of a kiddy thing and PC was seen as more hardcore (at least in the crowds I was involved with). Even back then I didn't give a fuck and liked both.

Though strangely enough I hated Macs back then (even though now I am almost exclusively Mac). I was a weird kid. I vastly preferred DOS and command prompts to any GUI interface.

bionic77

What a lame bet.

I bet that the Steelers finish with a more successful season than any of your pussies teams. Success will be defined by when your teams season ends. Obviously this bet excludes Browns and Rams fans, because lets be honest, your teams season is pretty much already over!

Anyone dumb enough to take this bet just name your terms!

eznark

Banned
Okay here's my proposal for the bet thus far:

At the conclusion of the 2012-2013 regular season, Jay Cutler will not be among the top ten league leaders in passing yards, passing touchdowns, or quarterback rating.

If Jay Cutler IS in the top ten for any of these categories (minx wins):_________

If Jay Cutler IS NOT in the top ten for any of these categories (Eric Walton wins):__________

Stipulations:
1. Bet is nullified if Jay Cutler misses more than two starts by season's end.
2. Bet is nullified if more than two of the following quarterbacks miss more than 50% of their team's offensive snaps: (1)Peyton Manning (2)Tom Brady (3)Drew Brees (4)Tony Romo (5)Ben Roethlisberger (6)Aaron Rodgers (7)Michael Vick (8)Alex Smith (9)Eli Manning

Seem reasonable?

Cutler is playing against three of the worst defenses in football twice per year. Of course he will be in the top ten in all of those categories.

This is a stupid fucking bet.

eznark

Banned
huuuuuuuuuuuuge reading comprehension fail on my part when looking at the NFL stats page.. Like, indefensibly bad.

edit: but even then, I would stand by the QB rating bit

Plus, top ten in those things is not a big deal. There are a lot of really shitty quarterbacks out there these days.

bionic77

are you the guy on PFT that always comments on every story with something like "The steelers are the greatest ever blah you guys all wish you could be part of our glorious nation"

are you that dude
Nah I don't go to PFT.

Sounds like a relative in FMTs family though. That can't be good for family relations that his bro or cousin or whatev is not a Niners fan.

NH Apache

Banned
This was a real slide in a deck presented to Saints players.

Amazing.

You forgot the rest of the explanation:

When you assess the opponent you:

Methods:
Dogs----------------------------------------------------------------------------- NFL
Background study on suspects---------------------------------------------- - Game Film
Size, WT, Picture---------------------------------------------------------------Team meetings
Toughness, Strength, Fighting Skills------------------------------------------Scouting Reports
Armed and Dangerous---------------------------------------------------------Scouting Reports
Mental State of Suspect? Deranged??----------------------------------------Scouting Reports
Escape routes covered to prevent escape?----------------------------------Coaches Game Plan
Must suspect be delivered dead or alive ------------------------------------ How seriously do we have to take this guy?
All things researched, prepared, & ready to go?-----------------------------Key Leaders Meeting
Now is the time to do our job...collect bounty $$$---------------------------Unfortunate reference to Dog the Bounty
No apologies! Let's go Hunting!------------------------------------------------ Bravado with unfortunate reference to Dog the Bounty Hunter

Edit: According to the NFLPA, it's an unfortunately reference to how you are supposed to prep for games.

Edit2: Formatting fix

Talon

Isn't GQ supposed to be sort of a sophisticated magazine? Why are they running teaser videos for Kate Upton in a wet T-shirt?
GQ is a little skankier than Esquire, which is already a little skanky.

I had to explain to my girlfriend what kind of magazine Esquire was yesterday. I think it was the cover.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
because that would have been a PR disaster for the whole league, since every team videotaped signals from their own sideline. Pats broke the rule by videotaping from the opponents' sideline. It's a dead issue anyway now with the mic helmet for a defensive player now.

snesfreak

Banned
@NFLSTROUD: The case against Bucs CB Aqib Talib on assault with a deadly weapon has been dismissed by Dallas Co. prosecutors, agent Frank Perez said.

Cool.

squicken

So when listing successes for Dallas law enforcement, it's basically that one time the whole department found Oswald at the movies?

minx

huuuuuuuuuuuuge reading comprehension fail on my part when looking at the NFL stats page.. Like, indefensibly bad.

edit: but even then, I would stand by the QB rating bit

So are you coming up with a new bet? Also whatever bet we have will be null if Cutler is sacked more than 45 times. He can't control the O-Line and therefor them being completely awful shouldn't reflect upon his stats.

squicken

So are you coming up with a new bet? Also whatever bet we have will be null if Cutler is sacked more than 45 times. He can't control the O-Line and therefor them being completely awful shouldn't reflect upon his stats.

http://www.footballperspective.com/correlating-passing-stats-with-wins/

Read this please. The moral of the story is that the best historical metric for performance is adjusted net yards per attempt, and the best predictive stat is net yards per attempt.

Just make your bet as to whether Cutler is in the top 10 in net yards per attempt. It's hardly perfect but it's the best back of the napkin QB stat available

What a lame bet.

I bet that the Steelers finish with a more successful season than any of your pussies teams. Success will be defined by when your teams season ends. Obviously this bet excludes Browns and Rams fans, because lets be honest, your teams season is pretty much already over!

Anyone dumb enough to take this bet just name your terms!

You bet your ass I'm dumb enough!

Top Bottom