• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Those dorks running around in orange shirts are already done! Just get your embarrassing avatar from bionic right now.

s2Tib.gif

Bionic, let's get real here. First off, both of us would be disappointed with the result of our teams, if that result is not a Super Bowl win at the end of the season.

But, let's make the bet easy, the team that has the most successful season wins. So If you guys make the Divisional round and we make it to the wild card round, you win and vice versa. Easy as that. Winner chooses the avatar for the other one the next offseason till the start of the new season.

Deal ?

Striker

Just read about Roman Harper's bounty tied to knocking out Brandon Jacobs in a game.

I do hope in the Niners-Saints game this season, Jacobs uppercuts Harper. Dude is a piece of shit.

*insert drewbreeswhereistheproof.jpg*

Just read about Roman Harper's bounty tied to knocking out Brandon Jacobs in a game.

I do hope in the Niners-Saints game this season, Jacobs uppercuts Harper. Dude is a piece of shit.

*insert drewbreeswhereistheproof.jpg*

it's such bullshit. NFL has a bunch of evidence but all the NFLPA/players say is "that doesn't mean anything!" "Very unfortunate terminology there!"

it's like the NFL will need to provide video where the players say verbatim: "Hey, we are going to pay you $10,000 american if you take this player out by injuring him. I mean this in a very literal way: we have a bounty program whereby we pay people real money for injuries. There is no hidden meaning or metaphor here: this is a real bounty system. My name is Jonathan Vilma"

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
it's such bullshit. NFL has a bunch of evidence but all the NFLPA/players say is "that doesn't mean anything!" "Very unfortunate terminology there!"

it's like the NFL will need to provide video where the players say verbatim: "Hey, we are going to pay you $10,000 american if you take this player out by injuring him. I mean this in a very literal way: we have a bounty program whereby we pay people real money for injuries. There is no hidden meaning or metaphor here: this is a real bounty system. My name is Jonathan Vilma"

No DNA evidence?

drewbrees.gif

Talon

Roman Harper's a roided up piece of shit. Late hits galore - his hit on Steve Smith after he burned the Saints defensive backfield for a TD was bullshit.

I also like that these clowns are calling Joe Vitt and Sean Payton liars for admitting that a Bounty program was run. :jnc

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The new MS tablet looks nice but we all know it's a lost cause at this point. It needs to have killer software to compete with Apple at this point.

Milchjon

The new MS tablet looks nice but we all know it's a lost cause at this point. It needs to have killer software to compete with Apple at this point.

Maybe. But personally, if the screen/battery/price don't ruin it (big ifs, but MS should be aware of that), they seem superior in almost every regard to me.

Maybe it's another Zune HD situation, but right now, I want one so bad.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Fuck, being able to load your own shit on it without jailbreak means I'm going to ditch my iPad ASAP and I ride hard for that motherfucker. I mean, anything that can run on the hardware will be able to run on it, unlike Apple where you have to damn near break the fucking thing so you can run anything that isn't an overpriced app.

I still love my iPad like FMT loves laxatives and hookers, but I'm likely to switch if the Surface isn't retarded expensive.

Godslay

Banned

The upper tier (pro?), I believe it has an i5 and can run actual Windows software rather than apps. Personally, if it's under $1000 and can run Visual Studio effectively I will buy it and leave the laptop at home. It still has to have a good battery life, but I've wanted to program on a tablet for a long time. Being portable (even more so than a laptop), would be worth it in my opinion.

If MS can bridge the gap between tablets and desktops without being too expensive, I can see it selling well or creating it's own niche.

squicken

How is it a lost cause? Tablets and all sorts of shrunk down PCs are going to be with us a long time. There are price points and functionality that the iPad just doesn't hit even now

Fox318

Are people forgetting that ICS is awesome on a tablet.

I have a Xoom and a new iPad and the Xoom is Much better on the software side.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Former 49ers receiver and front office exec RC Owens passes away at 78:

R.C. Owens, a longtime 49ers front office man and eight-year NFL wide receiver whose impressive leaping ability earned him the nickname "Alley Oop" and helped popularize the phrase, has died. He was 78.

The Niners, his team for the first of his five NFL seasons, announced Owens' death Monday. The team said he died Sunday and had been living in Manteca, about 75 miles east of San Francisco.

The 6-foot-3 Owens, a college basketball star at the College of Idaho, also played two seasons for the Baltimore Colts and his final year with the New York Giants in 1964. He had 206 career receptions for 3,285 yards and 22 touchdowns. He also ran for a score on his lone carry.

Owens was born on Nov. 12, 1933, in Shreveport, La.

mn-rcowens_SFC0022803141.jpg

Saying it's too late for MS in the tablet arena is like saying it was too late for Nintendo when they entered the video game industry. Shit just started son.

That tablet looks great

Talon

Fuck, being able to load your own shit on it without jailbreak means I'm going to ditch my iPad ASAP and I ride hard for that motherfucker. I mean, anything that can run on the hardware will be able to run on it, unlike Apple where you have to damn near break the fucking thing so you can run anything that isn't an overpriced app.
Overpriced apps? I don't think I've paid more than $4.99 for an App.

Talon

Free > $4.99.

Don't get it twisted. I love my iPad. But it lacks in a lot of areas that a more open platform can shore up.
So you're just being a cheapskate. I don't think $5 qualifies as overpriced by any means.

And I still haven't found a better RSS Reader on windows than Reeder. Google Reader is as close as it gets, but I much prefer reading on my iPad.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
So you're just being a cheapskate. I don't think $5 qualifies as overpriced by any means.

And I still haven't found a better RSS Reader on windows than Reeder. Google Reader is as close as it gets, but I much prefer reading on my iPad.

Yeah...I'm a weird guy who likes to pay less for shit of equal quality. It's a disease. Some call it common fucking sense.

LJ11

This is pretty much what my iPad is, a reading device. Good for movies, radio/music, and twitter. I hate typing on it though, the worst is when I'm laying on the couch.

What MS showed today is what I thought the iPad would be 3 years ago, combining desktop and mobile OSes. Pretty cool looking device, the Pro version specifically. Admittedly I don't know much about Windows RT.

bionic77

s2Tib.gif

Bionic, let's get real here. First off, both of us would be disappointed with the result of our teams, if that result is not a Super Bowl win at the end of the season.

But, let's make the bet easy, the team that has the most successful season wins. So If you guys make the Divisional round and we make it to the wild card round, you win and vice versa. Easy as that. Winner chooses the avatar for the other one the next offseason till the start of the new season.

Deal ?
Loser's sister gets locked in a bathroom with the opposing teams qb for a solid hour.

If you don't have a sister though we can do the avatar thing.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Maybe. But personally, if the screen/battery/price don't ruin it (big ifs, but MS should be aware of that), they seem superior in almost every regard to me.

Maybe it's another Zune HD situation, but right now, I want one so bad.

I still love my iPad like FMT loves laxatives and hookers, but I'm likely to switch if the Surface isn't retarded expensive.

The upper tier (pro?), I believe it has an i5 and can run actual Windows software rather than apps. Personally, if it's under $1000 and can run Visual Studio effectively I will buy it and leave the laptop at home. It still has to have a good battery life, but I've wanted to program on a tablet for a long time. Being portable (even more so than a laptop), would be worth it in my opinion.

If MS can bridge the gap between tablets and desktops without being too expensive, I can see it selling well or creating it's own niche.

How is it a lost cause? Tablets and all sorts of shrunk down PCs are going to be with us a long time. There are price points and functionality that the iPad just doesn't hit even now

Saying it's too late for MS in the tablet arena is like saying it was too late for Nintendo when they entered the video game industry. Shit just started son.

That tablet looks great

Damn guys.

I mean, I hate Apple with the fire of a thousand suns but I can't help but feel that Microsoft has a ridiculous uphill battle to fight to win the hearts and minds of consumers again.

So maybe it's not that the tablet battle is over so much as you have to fight the rabid entrenched fanbase that Apple has created.

Damn guys.

I mean, I hate Apple with the fire of a thousand suns but I can't help but feel that Microsoft has a ridiculous uphill battle to fight to win the hearts and minds of consumers again.

So maybe it's not that the tablet battle is over so much as you have to fight the rabid entrenched fanbase that Apple has created.

an uphill battle with consumers? 360 was by far the best console this generation. i will buy MS's products again and again!

minx

http://www.footballperspective.com/correlating-passing-stats-with-wins/

Read this please. The moral of the story is that the best historical metric for performance is adjusted net yards per attempt, and the best predictive stat is net yards per attempt.

Just make your bet as to whether Cutler is in the top 10 in net yards per attempt. It's hardly perfect but it's the best back of the napkin QB stat available

Eh. I have a strong feeling Bears are going to be 50/50 pass/run with a lot of short passes. Marshall and Hester gain a lot of YAC.

Damn guys.

People said the same thing about Sony fans when MS was talking about entering the videogame industry. The Surface looks awesome, if the Pro is reasonably I will definitely try to get one.

Damn guys.

Im not a Giants fan but there are plenty of examples in the past where the champ has been toppled

15-1. That is all

bionic77

an uphill battle with consumers? 360 was by far the best console this generation. i will buy MS's products again and again!
And yet it was easily outsold by the Wii which died like 2 years ago:

People keep thinking it is the 90s and Apple is the underdog and MS is the Goliath when in reality it is the opposite of that. I have no faith in MS trying to compete in a market that is not controlled by virtue of their monopoly. The 360 is the only example in their favor and it cost thm billions to buy their way in and the guy responsible is now gone. MS can't compete with Apple when to comes to cash (as crazy as it sounds) and they are late as fuck to the market. What is MS offering to very every 3rd person I see that has an iPad?

I could be wrong but I have no faith in Balmer and the current regime.

Godslay

Banned
Damn guys.

It really has nothing to do with Apple, in my case. I think they make decent enough products. I want power in that form factor, and most of the ease of use that a desktop/laptop brings. The pro version of this tablet hopefully brings the power to run certain Windows programs that I use on a daily basis, as well as offer most of the ease of use of a laptop.

As far as Android I do have a Hp Touchpad running Android. It was a steal at $99, but it is limited.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
It's about that time to rewatch last year's games. First up, week 1 vs Saints. I remember bionic saying that the defense was crap based on this game and I thought it was just early season jitters. :(

Top Bottom