• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

cdyhybrid

When you steal some other city's team it's not like you won't cheer

It won't be stealing. If the team is sold to the proposed owners, it'll be gone. He won't put on a show pretending to keep the team there. It'll be up front and obvious from the second he makes contact with the owner.

squicken

It won't be stealing. If the team is sold to the proposed owners, it'll be gone. He won't put on a show pretending to keep the team there. It'll be up front and obvious from the second he makes contact with the owner.

At any time did you honestly think that Bennett wasn't moving the team? Never understood why you guys let Starbucks dude get a pass

I dont remember Minnesota getting so flustered when the North Stars won a Cup in Texas and we are kinda known for being Hockey nuts.

They need to get over the Sonics.

squicken

I dont remember Minnesota getting so flustered when the North Stars won a Cup in Texas and we are kinda known for being Hockey nuts.

Yeah I said earlier it's insane how much hand wringing there is over the whole Sonics thing. Teams move all the time. I'm sympathetic but bad mouthing the Oklahoma fans does them no favors.

Fox318

They don't need to get over the sonics because they never should have lost them.

Although I blame Schultz more than Clay.

squicken

percy harvin?

nah, this is the NFL thread so let's discuss the NBA. We don't have a thread for that.

hahaha really though if he faked an injury then how can you want to reward that behavior as an organization? Let him play two consecutive years where he proves he can stay healthy and not be a problem

I've learned 2 things about myself yesterday.

1. I'm a 'Racist Twat' according to a guy in the Euro 2012 thread :(
2. After seeing Snowwhite and the Huntsman (Which wasn't all that bad) I came to the conclusion I would totally let Kristen Stewart buy me a diner.

squicken

Jaws on Sanchez

“The 23rd-rated quarterback on my big board is Mark Sanchez. Sanchez is a complementary quarterback. He’s at his best working off a strong running game with defined reads. That allows him to get the ball out quickly, within the structure and the timing of the offense. The play-action pass really helps Sanchez, especially out of base-personnel packages. Remember, the Jets’ offensive foundation is the run, a lot of multiple tight-end sets and normal down-and-distance situations.

“This 33-yard completion on first and ten was a great example. There were three tight ends on the field. What do you get defensively? A strong safety down in the box, with a single deep safety cheated toward (wide receiver) Santonio Holmes. You get a staple route combination against single high, the post cross. Holmes’ post route threatened both the corner and the deep safety. With the corner running with Holmes, an entire area was voided. A defined and easy read. Pitch and catch. Sanchez is most effective throwing in the middle of the field, between the numbers. He lacks the arm strength demanded to drive the ball to the outside with the necessary velocity. But he’s made some very good seam throws.

“After three years in the league, Sanchez continues to struggle in two critical areas: decision-making and down-field accuracy. It’s why he’s No. 23 on my list. When he plants his back foot, doesn’t get what he wants and then has to re-load, he loses clarity. While Sanchez has been able to throw effectively on the run, when it’s designed, he’s often reckless and erratic when forced to leave the pocket. The ability to take advantage of shot plays has been a problem. Design big plays in which you get what you want. The Jets shifted Joe McKnight outside the numbers. A linebacker bumped out with him. That’s what you anticipated when you game-planned this during the week. You have to hit those throws. Sanchez didn’t even give McKnight a chance.

“Sanchez has shown some very positive attributes that will fit well with Tony Sparano’s run-first approach, to his offensive design. But to move up on my big board, Sanchez must improve his coverage recognition and his intermediate to deeper accuracy. Otherwise, he’ll remain a player with limitations.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsb..._analyst_CuW0oOfFMty9pPBQTLyZZK#ixzz1yKrdSZNU

Milchjon

I've learned 2 things about myself yesterday.

1. I'm a 'Racist Twat' according to a guy in the Euro 2012 thread :(
2. After seeing Snowwhite and the Huntsman (Which wasn't all that bad) I came to the conclusion I would totally let Kristen Stewart buy me a diner.

Of course a Racist Twat would be into someone who's Snow White.

Why did he say that?

Of course a Racist Twat would be into someone who's Snow White.

Why did he say that?

You tell me.

But seriously, never really cared for Kristen Stewart, but there is something about her that makes me what to hump stuff.

Rapsheet said:
Source with knowledge of Percy Harvin's thinking confirms he has requested a trade from #Vikings. Amazing. No further details.

We need a KR, so I wouldn't mind Percy on the team.

squicken

You tell me.

But seriously, never really cared for Kristen Stewart, but there is something about her that makes me what to hump stuff.

We need a KR, so I wouldn't mind Percy on the team.

1. It's just baiting. Also I had no idea the Greeks were a separate race from Dutchies

2. She has some hipster movie coming out where she's naked half the film. Her nudity will draw in too big an audience for Buckethead to ever see it, which is unfortunate considering how many Twilight movies he watched for irony's sake

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Because at least the Twins won something 20 years ago.

Sports in Washington state has been awful for a number of decades. No wonder why they came to the conclusion that there is no God.

bionic77

OKC has had a chance to win the last 3 games and totally blew it but before tonight the refs were part of the outcomes, not the only part or even the main part but definitely parts. OKC players dont get the ticky tack calls that Lebron gets. It makes OKC play less aggresive D since they cant have one of their big guys sit out, and the heat can play way more physical D. In the end OKC turns the ball over to much in the 4th, and miss to many free throws to win.
The weird thing is that the Heat were pretty shitty in the 4th quarter and late in games almost all year but that is where they are beating OKC. I really think the difference between these two teams is just the experience edge the Heat have because I think on paper the Thunder are a better team, they just don't execute as well in the last 2 minutes as the Heat have done.

I am going to ask my cable provider to disconnect my cable after the Heat win. ESPN is going to be unbearable once James wins. I won't be able to take the is James the greatest of all time and all the stupid made up stats they are going to use to back it up.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The weird thing is that the Heat were pretty shitty in the 4th quarter and late in games almost all year but that is where they are beating OKC. I really think the difference between these two teams is just the experience edge the Heat have because I think on paper the Thunder are a better team, they just don't execute as well in the last 2 minutes as the Heat have done.

I am going to ask my cable provider to disconnect my cable after the Heat win. ESPN is going to be unbearable once James wins. I won't be able to take the is James the greatest of all time and all the stupid made up stats they are going to use to back it up.

Speaking of ESPN, haven't listened to Colin Cowherd in a while but I bet he's unbearable lately.

eznark

Banned
miami-heat-wallpaper-1.png

Wade and LeBron are the greatest 1-2 in the history of sports.

bionic77

Speaking of ESPN, haven't listened to Colin Cowherd in a while but I bet he's unbearable lately.
He is always unbearable.

If I ever get brain cancer I am going to sue ESPN and blame it on them.

[]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-p2iI8snj3NE/T2_LDmLdh5I/AAAAAAAAAjk/i9uNIBECocI/s1600/miami-heat-wallpaper-1.png[/IMG]

LeBron is the greatest 1-2-3-4-5 in the history of sports.
Fixed.

Fuck DWade. Name me 2 titles he won before LeBron got there to save him and the Heat?

2. She has some hipster movie coming out where she's naked half the film. Her nudity will draw in too big an audience for Buckethead to ever see it, which is unfortunate considering how many Twilight movies he watched for irony's sake

Day 1.

I liked the Kristen Stewart discussion better than the basketball one.

squicken

http://www.footballperspective.com/...ons-where-do-they-rank-among-expansion-teams/

Consider: since 1999, the Browns have the second worst record in football, trailing only the Detroit Lions. Cleveland has scored the fewest points in the league and been outscored by the most points since returning to the NFL. The Browns have been shutout 12 times, by far the most in the league over that span. The Browns and the Bills are the only teams to appear in only one playoff game since 1999, with neither team being victorious.

Symptomatic of the Browns’ failure to build a competitive team is the constant turnover at the most important positions. Assuming rookie Brandon Weeden starts in week one, he’ll be the 11th quarterback to start the season opener for the new Browns, and the sixth in six years. Pat Shurmur is Cleveland’s sixth head coach since returning to the league; Brad Childress is now their ninth offensive coordinator/play caller.

I didn't know Holmgren brought in Chilly to be their OC. Why?

bionic77

I literally have no idea what you're talking about. Wade and Shaq played on the same team?
Maybe if you spent a little more time with Skip Bayless, John Hollinger and the rest of the genius analysts at ESPN and less time cutting off the fingers of your relatives and watching baseball you might have a fucking clue!

I mean pay attention eznark. These guys have convinced me that Lebron is the greatest player of all time (including whatever happens in the future). They have also convinced me that nothing has ever been his fault. Whether it was ramming a burning stake through the heart of Ohio (where he grew up), his refusal to shoot in 4th quarters, or anything related to the Decision. I am pretty sure that if Lebron was the qb for the Packers they might be able to win a home playoff game...

bionic77

Whoa, Surface actually seems to be usable for lap-writing.

Surface-HandsOn-12-580-90.JPG

Microsoft, shut up and take my nonexistant money!
Does it? It seems like with the stand and keyboard attachment to be better suited as something you stick on a table.

I haven't used it yet or seen a lot of video on it so I could be wrong.

Speaking of the surface, it is weird how good MS is getting with hardware. I used to like their mice (they used to be a cheap alternative to logitech) and their MP3 player might have flopped but it was a nice piece of hardware. Sometimes it seems like MS can make this shit better than their hardware partners.

Milchjon

Does it? It seems like with the stand and keyboard attachment to be better suited as something you stick on a table.

Of course it is. I just expected it to be so floppy that it would be impossible to use like this. It's a little bit awkward, but it works.

A nice side effect is that it won't get hot in your lap like a notebook.

squicken

He was a great OC with the Eagles.

I thought Reid was essentially the OC and always has been?

Why you linking this bro? Why you trying to hurt me? :(

It gets worse. Your coach was the Rams former OC and Chilly lost the subsequent search to McDaniels. You are employing Rams cast offs :)

I actually like Shurmur fwiw. He understood the roster limitations far better than McDaniels or Spags ever did. He might actually be a good coach if they had players.

Fox318

Jaws on Sanchez

“The 23rd-rated quarterback on my big board is Mark Sanchez. Sanchez is a complementary quarterback. He’s at his best working off a strong running game with defined reads. That allows him to get the ball out quickly, within the structure and the timing of the offense. The play-action pass really helps Sanchez, especially out of base-personnel packages. Remember, the Jets’ offensive foundation is the run, a lot of multiple tight-end sets and normal down-and-distance situations.

“This 33-yard completion on first and ten was a great example. There were three tight ends on the field. What do you get defensively? A strong safety down in the box, with a single deep safety cheated toward (wide receiver) Santonio Holmes. You get a staple route combination against single high, the post cross. Holmes’ post route threatened both the corner and the deep safety. With the corner running with Holmes, an entire area was voided. A defined and easy read. Pitch and catch. Sanchez is most effective throwing in the middle of the field, between the numbers. He lacks the arm strength demanded to drive the ball to the outside with the necessary velocity. But he’s made some very good seam throws.

“After three years in the league, Sanchez continues to struggle in two critical areas: decision-making and down-field accuracy. It’s why he’s No. 23 on my list. When he plants his back foot, doesn’t get what he wants and then has to re-load, he loses clarity. While Sanchez has been able to throw effectively on the run, when it’s designed, he’s often reckless and erratic when forced to leave the pocket. The ability to take advantage of shot plays has been a problem. Design big plays in which you get what you want. The Jets shifted Joe McKnight outside the numbers. A linebacker bumped out with him. That’s what you anticipated when you game-planned this during the week. You have to hit those throws. Sanchez didn’t even give McKnight a chance.

“Sanchez has shown some very positive attributes that will fit well with Tony Sparano’s run-first approach, to his offensive design. But to move up on my big board, Sanchez must improve his coverage recognition and his intermediate to deeper accuracy. Otherwise, he’ll remain a player with limitations.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsb..._analyst_CuW0oOfFMty9pPBQTLyZZK#ixzz1yKrdSZNU

23rd?

Coincidentally that is how many rings he will have when he retires in 2035.

Actually I agree to an extent. I would take him over half the qbs starting in the NFL but the Jets have not won because of him. He has helped play good enough to win but he has yet to take a game on with his skills alone. Although I believe that has more to do with Schotty. Brent and Pennington had their worst years under Schotty.

squicken

23rd?

Coincidentally that is how many rings he will have when he retires in 2035.

Actually I agree to an extent. I would take him over half the qbs starting in the NFL but the Jets have not won because of him. He has helped play good enough to win but he has yet to take a game on with his skills alone. Although I believe that has more to do with Schotty. Brent and Pennington had their worst years under Schotty.

It was all Fatty's fault. Schotty is actually Bill Walsh 2.0 and will lead the Rams to great offensive heights

Top Bottom