• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Fox318

finally got my lease settled for my new place in Tucson.. Planning on moving back to Seattle in the near future though... Shit's cray considering I was just couch surfing in Vermont a few months back. feels good man

Are you moving because of your job at least?

squicken

If you thought last year was bad get ready for the worse.

35dfy.jpg
35dfbt.jpg
35dfbc.jpg
35dfcj.jpg
35dfa.jpg

hahaha joke's on you. 3rd and 10 last year meant a Jason Smith false start followed by Saffold giving up a sack. Going forward 9 yards is 24 yards net progress!

edit: Didn't realize the extent of Harvin's craziness. No way you pay him

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/...y_Harvins_baggage_but_will_they_pay_him041312

-Harvin's missed practices dropped from 36 in 2010 to a handful in 2011

-During training camp in 2010, Harvin left the team to mourn the passing of his grandmother. When Childress hounded him to return, Harvin became increasingly upset, claimed a flare-up of his long-running migraine troubles and didn't return for 16 days.

-That October, the Vikings re-acquired enigmatic receiver Randy Moss, who quickly became Harvin's mentor and closest friend on the team. When the Vikings waived Moss after four games, Harvin helped him move out of his hotel, the two remained in daily contact and Moss repeatedly told Harvin he needed to get Childress fired.

-Four days after Moss' release, Childress threw Harvin out of practice, the two had to be separated before things turned physical and the argument carried over to the weight room, where a witness said Harvin hurled a weight at Childress but didn't hit him.

bionic77

How many titles did Jordan win without Pippen?
Lets not change the subject about how amazing Lebron is. I think we can all agree that I scientifically proved that Michael Jordan and Steve Young were both complete and total frauds that benefited by playing on loaded teams.

Bionic is a filthy lawyer himself!
I was going to argue with you, but you have unequivocally proven to us all that you are an expert on what is filthy. :(

bionic77

eznark likes to listen to Adam Carolla, kill defenseless animals and go to the bathroom without raping women.

Are you ok with this?
I used to listen Carolla too before he tried to turn his podcast into a radio show. I eat a lot of meat and I assume when they go to the butcher or processing plant it is not a fair fight. I also believe that in at least 47 states you are supposed to go to the bathroom without raping women.

At the end of the day he hates Jordan.

I thought we already were?
No. I still didn't forgive you for that Superbowl 2 years ago.

Not until I saw that Jordan comment.

Then I realized we are not so unlike, you and I. We both hate Jordan.

Ask your wife if you can come over after work and we can play some videogames on my SNES and then we can follow it up by making some Ben Roethlisberger highlights and posting them on youtube.

eznark

Banned
I used to listen Carolla too before he tried to turn his podcast into a radio show. I eat a lot of meat and I assume when they go to the butcher or processing plant it is not a fair fight. I also believe that in at least 47 states you are supposed to go to the bathroom without raping women.

At the end of the day he hates Jordan.

No. I still didn't forgive you for that Superbowl 2 years ago.

Not until I saw that Jordan comment.

Then I realized we are not so unlike, you and I. We both hate Jordan.

Ask your wife if you can come over after work and we can play some videogames on my SNES and then we can follow it up by making some Ben Roethlisberger highlights and posting them on youtube.

MV5BMTU4MjI5NTEyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjQ1NTMzMg@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

bionic77

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=479267
Shocking that a 49ers fan would make that thread.
Are you shocked that Niner fans use toilet paper at all or are confused as to how to properly wipe their ass?

I have always been tempted to spend a few grand and update our bathroom and include one of those high tech Japanese toilets that heat your ass while cleaning it but I have never pulled the trigger on it. I get the feel it is one those purchases that would feel awesome for a month but later on you would regret and wish you had your money back...

Milchjon

You take issue with Ngata and not C.Johnson? Most of it is bonus money since he signed his new deal, but he made 3m more than Johnson.

I take issue with almost all of that list ;-) I mean there's a guy who hasn't played in 17 months at No. 1.

Oh well, they all make enough, I won't go on about it.

LJ11

I take issue with almost all of that list ;-) I mean there's a guy who hasn't played in 17 months at No. 1.

Oh well, they all make enough, I won't go on about it.

Would be fun to see what these same guys are making next year. Most of these guys just signed deals, wonder how much the drop off is.

squicken

Would be fun to see what these same guys are making next year. Most of these guys just signed deals, wonder how much the drop off is.

Not Bradford! I remember some random guy bombing this thread that the Rams were racist for not wanting RG3. Bradford's contract makes albatrosses blush. The most untradeable player in the league.

What's odd is how relatively little these guys make in endorsements. Eli, Brady, and Pey Pey take all the dollars. Some players probably spend more money on brand managers and marketing agents than they bring in as far as non-football income

LJ11

Not Bradford! I remember some random guy bombing this thread that the Rams were racist for not wanting RG3. Bradford's contract makes albatrosses blush. The most untradeable player in the league.

What's odd is how relatively little these guys make in endorsements. Eli, Brady, and Pey Pey take all the dollars. Some players probably spend more money on brand managers and marketing agents than they bring in as far as non-football income

But what kind of hit would the Rams take if they cut him after next season, which they probably won't do anyway. At least there's some recourse, you're not stuck paying him in full like other sports.

And yeah, the endorsements struck me as well, guess the shoe/drink money is pretty small relative to other sports, most football fans don't care what shoe their favorite player is wearing. Brady had to go with Uggs, lol.

bionic77

Why is it hotter inside my house than it is outside?
There is this cutting edge tech known as air conditioning. Order a unit from Amazon and enjoy the cold air.

I thought only Europe didn't have A/C but now I know that it hasn't gotten to Wisconsin yet.

Fox318

There is this cutting edge tech known as air conditioning. Order a unit from Amazon and enjoy the cold air.

I thought only Europe didn't have A/C but now I know that it hasn't gotten to Wisconsin yet.

Just build a evaporative cooler(Swamp Cooler).

Greg

Never heard of that, but I'll look into it.

you people

squicken

But what kind of hit would the Rams take if they cut him after next season, which they probably won't do anyway. At least there's some recourse, you're not stuck paying him in full like other sports.

His salary in 2012 is $12m guaranteed with a cap hit of $15m. Next year his salary is $9m, $8m guaranteed with a cap hit of $12m. Next two years aren't guaranteed but cutting him after 2013 would have some minor cap costs due to initial bonus. So cutting him before this year would have been in $28m range as a cap hit. Cutting after the season would still be a hit of about $11

There really was no recourse this year, unless they wanted to cut a whole bunch of other players. If the cap doesn't go up next year, cutting him would mean possibly not signing Chris Long

LJ11

squicken said:
His salary in 2012 is $12m guaranteed with a cap hit of $15m. Next year his salary is $9m, $8m guaranteed with a cap hit of $12m. Next two years aren't guaranteed but cutting him after 2013 would have some minor cap costs due to initial bonus. So cutting him before this year would have been in $28m range as a cap hit. Cutting after the season would still be a hit of about $11

There really was no recourse this year, unless they wanted to cut a whole bunch of other players. If the cap doesn't go up next year, cutting him would mean possibly not signing Chris Long

Doubt he's cut, too many young players around him, tough to expect him to do it all.

Rookie cap is great though, no more worrying about overpaying for a scrub.

effzee

Harvin's craziness

Not shocked. Wasn't his attitude the reason a lot of teams avoided him?

I thought Reid was essentially the OC and always has been?

Reid hasn't been the OC for a while but the offense runs the same as it did under Reid, Childress, and now Marty. They still pass a lot more than they run. It's hard to judge how much of the offense was Chilly and how much even now is Marty.

squicken

Doubt he's cut, too many young players around him, tough to expect him to do it all.

Rookie cap is great though, no more worrying about overpaying for a scrub.

Yeah I don't think he's a bust yet, and there's no reason to cut him next year. Very little cap savings.

@goldlion054 On the Sanchez deal, I think that wasn't as bad as first reported. Just turned some non-guaranteed dollars into guaranteed money, since they weren't going to cut him anyway.

Slo

So Percy Harvin wants a trade, huh? I'd say I'd take a straight up trade for Fitz, but who wants to take on that contract? The only other trade I can see happening would be Harvin for Ray Rice, Torrey Smith, and maybe a couple firsts.

Unless of somebody within the division wanted to put together a package....

@goldlion054 On the Sanchez deal, I think that wasn't as bad as first reported. Just turned some non-guaranteed dollars into guaranteed money, since they weren't going to cut him anyway.

No kidding? I guess I should have paid more attention. Makes sense, I suppose

You're right. Normally we wipe our ass with the Detroit D-Line.

I can't wait to expose that shit you call a team in week 2

squicken

So Percy Harvin wants a trade, huh? I'd say I'd take a straight up trade for Fitz, but who wants to take on that contract? The only other trade I can see happening would be Harvin for Ray Rice, Torrey Smith, and maybe a couple firsts.

All of the Packers non-white WRs are available

RBH

Trade Harvin and the VikeBike for some cash.

Top Bottom