• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Slo

If it's a boxing match between professional soccer players and NBA players, both players would take a dive.

Go ahead and say that to my face, motherfucker. See what happens.

flailin.gif

Revenant

I'm not judging the combatants, just that they jumped in each others thread to argue about it. When DM made the post I figured it would have been about flopping

One of us in NHL GAF posted a story about how some Hockey players and a few other types of athletes tweeted how Lebron was milking his injury at the end of the game. some ripping on lebron's toughness ensued and Some heat fan took some offense. We ran with it a bit for fun as did most of them as it seemed..and then the benches cleared.

I honestly don't know how that erupted as it did. Was really never meant to be a big thing, just a light jab and a chuckle sort of thing.

this is what happens when all the best sports shut down for the Summer and we all become angry misguided man children!

Basically became the scene from Anchorman when all the news teams fight.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
This is beyond the worst time of year for sports. Football over, hockey over. The only sports left are shit and boring or boring shit.

Almost as if there would be a gap for a developmental league for players on the cusp and old veterans to fill out a dozen teams across the country and play some decent football and give fans some shit to talk about.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
If Percy insists this isn't about money, it's gotta be playing time/amount of touches per game.

No one is going to trade for a migraine faking malcontent. If I'm the Vikings, I wouldn't give him jack squat. Then I'd take that damned purple nail polish off. Gross!

Just watched The Grey. Holy shit this movie is so full of plot holes. The suspension of disbelief required to watch it borders on FMT levels of delusion.

Sanjuro

They were just talking about the record heat out there on the radio. Was that good timing on your part, or was it a last second, "Fuck it, I'm paying for the a/c!"?

The weather has been pretty light this year to this point. I was hoping it would stay that way, just been using a couple of fans to keep the breeze flowing through.

Today was just unbearable though. Toughed it out during the morning, went to work. Came back and just wanted to kill everything.

squicken

Jaws has Palmer at #21
http://bayarea.sbnation.com/oakland...-carson-palmer-as-the-21st-best-qb-in-the-nfl

In his review of Palmer, Jaws started by talking about all of the positives he brings to the position. He noted Palmer's strong arm and accuracy as he showed clips of Palmer fitting the ball into tight windows down field. But what makes Palmer special, according to Jaws, is also what can get him in trouble at times. Palmer is willing to pull the trigger when other quarterbacks would move onto the next receiver in their progression. While making those kinds of throws is risky, it is also the way you get big time plays. Palmer has the ability to make huge plays with his rare combination of strength and accuracy.

The problem, according to Jaws, is that when you look at Palmer's interceptions, they are thrown for a number of reasons. Some were mis-throws to open receivers, some were poor decisions, some were throwing the ball too quickly because of pressure from the defensive pass rush. Palmer is a high risk, high reward quarterback who in recent years has been more risk than reward.

With all of that being said, Palmer is being given the chance to completely change the way he is seen. Palmer probably has more talent surrounding him this season than he has at any other point in his career. He has never had a running back capable of dominating like Darren McFadden, and has never had guys with the blazing speed and big play potential of Denarius Moore and Jacoby Ford. Added to those weapons, Palmer has Darrius Heyward-Bey who re-invented himself last season as more of a possession receiver with big play potential, and a fullback in Marcel Reece who creates mis-matches and has deceiving speed. Palmer will likely still throw a lot of interceptions, but with weapons like these, he has the change to throw a whole lot more touchdowns.

squicken

So far his rankings of the the suckiest QB's in the league has been pretty accurate.

Yeah I mean I would take Tebow over Gabbert and I can imagine others moving guys a couple of slots either way, but there's nothing really outrageous just for the sake of attention. I've been DVRing Sportscenter and just skipping right to them. Good stuff

The Palmer thing is pretty interesting. He actually has a very good YPA b/c he will take his shots. Often ill-advised, as it leads to so many INTs. But he's not as washed up as maybe we all thought

Yeah I mean I would take Tebow over Gabbert and I can imagine others moving guys a couple of slots either way, but there's nothing really outrageous just for the sake of attention. I've been DVRing Sportscenter and just skipping right to them. Good stuff

The Palmer thing is pretty interesting. He actually has a very good YPA b/c he will take his shots. Often ill-advised, as it leads to so many INTs. But he's not as washed up as maybe we all thought

how mad are you going to be when alex smith is in the top half of the rankings list and bradford doesn't make the top 30 at all? lulz

Both you and your head coach would trade Alex for Bradford in a second

Alex should make the top half, I guess. It's a top heavy league at the position

i doubt it. bradford has shown no signs of being a good qb in the nfl unless you want to rate him on the blatantly obvious ron jaworski scale and say "if you give him a great running game, a great offensive line and time to throw, he can complete some passes!"

squicken

i doubt it. bradford has shown no signs of being a good qb in the nfl unless you want to rate him on the blatantly obvious ron jaworski scale and say "if you give him a great running game, a great offensive line and time to throw, he can complete some passes!"

Harbs kicked Alex to the curb and was so desperate for an upgrade he went after an old man with one arm. When that didn't work out he went and found Alex in the same place he left him b/c no one else wanted him either

Harbs kicked Alex to the curb and was so desperate for an upgrade he went after an old man with one arm. When that didn't work out he went and found Alex in the same place he left him b/c no one else wanted him either

to go after one of the greatest QB's of all time! i would take archie manning right now over sam bradford. don't you think the rams would have gone after peyton if they weren't already on the hook for $100 million with bradford or whatever shameful amount he is stealing from your team?

p.s. and harbaugh never went after peypey :D

squicken

I did shamelessly steal his joke. I saw this in that thread about the guy letting his girl go around getting stuffed and immediately thought of the 49ers. I needed a flimsy excuse to post it and now I have

I will say that Harbaugh's explanation on not pursuing Peyton was something even George Costanza could respect

Top Bottom