• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Watching the NFL top 100 piece on Justin Smith, man that guy is so amazing.

FMT on a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you love him ?

Edit : You know you're in trouble when you wake up and you're still drunk. Cuevas style.

Milchjon

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close is a fucking hard movie to watch. God damn that tore me up last night.
Is that the 9/11 movie? Every review I read has been highly critical AFAIR, basically calling it emotionally manipulative Oscar bait material.

I guess it's a bit different for US viewers, though...

Milchjon

Totally, but isn't that the point?

I guess it's subjective and variable, sometimes I can deal with it, sometimes it feels dishonest. This movie sounded like it fell in the latter category.

Oh well, I haven't seen it, I was just surprised about your reactions after reading that stuff back when it released.

squicken

It's still a day away but Germany-Greece is going to be such a compelling game. Bad spot for the German players, though. You never want to go into a match as the perceived bully or Goliath

eznark

Banned
I guess it's subjective and variable, sometimes I can deal with it, sometimes it feels dishonest. This movie sounded like it fell in the latter category.

Oh well, I haven't seen it, I was just surprised about your reactions after reading that stuff back when it released.

I'm not saying it's a great film or anything. It did what it wanted to I guess. I'd never watch it again.

squicken

http://www.footballperspective.com/...e-do-they-rank-among-expansion-teams-part-ii/

Finishing up that article from yesterday, the Browns are the worst expansion team of all time

Consider that sixteen different quarterbacks have started a game for Cleveland since 1999

6 head coaches

With countless regime and quarterback changes, no organization has looked this inept over the past thirteen years like the Cleveland Browns. From ’67 to ’79, in addition to the Saints, the Giants didn’t make the playoffs during that stretch, and the Falcons, Bills, Lions and Chargers only made it once. From 1999 to 2011, every team made the playoffs, and only the Bills joined Cleveland with an 0-1 record. Considering the era of free agency, no franchise has had a less impressive first thirteen years than the new Cleveland Browns.

Brandon Jacobs pays back tiny fan that sent him $3.36

49ers running back Brandon Jacobs likes his “fast-ass” cars, but he also has a soft spot in his heart for six-year old Giants fans who didn’t want to see him leave the team this offseason.

Joseph Armento cleared out his piggy bank and sent Jacobs $3.36 because he had heard that the Giants didn’t have enough money to satisfy Jacobs’ desires as a free agent. Jacobs shared the letter with the public and repaid Armento on Wednesday when he was back in the New York area to pack up his house for the move to San Francisco.

Jacobs gave Armento a $5 bill — teaching the youngster about interest — and a signed Giants helmet as a thank you for the gesture. Jacobs then brought his own son, Armento and his family to a bounce house where they cavorted for two hours on the inflatable toys.

“It was just us in the whole place, and we were just going room to room – just bouncing and flipping all over the place, hitting each other with balls, sweating, our shirts filthy,” Jacobs said, via Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee. “We were just dirty, stinky boys, you know?”

Very cool stuff from Jacobs and a nice change of pace from his Giants days when Jacobs made more headlines for complaining about his role and using his helmet as a projectile than he did for anything like this.

Daaaawwwww. Nice move by Jacobs.

Classy move by Brandon. Always be a Giant to me and I'll always remember him for his '07 and '08 seasons when he was truckin' people left and right.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
30 Tebow
29 Gabbert
28 Ponder
27 Flynn
26 Moore
25 Kolb
24 Fitz
23 Sanchez
22 Cassel
21 Palmer
20 Bradford

Haven't seen the video yet for Bradford but saw on Twitter he's after Palmer

Fitz is unequivocally better than Sanchez and Bradford. I'd say it's a fair assessment that he's better than Palmer has played recently, too. But, not a bad list overall so far.

Why is he only ranking 30 QB's? And now I have to look through nfl.com to figure out who the 3 starters are that got ranked behind Tebow.

Edit: It's the rookies I guess.

eznark

Banned
my son hugged me after we saw the trailer, I doubt I could handle the full movie.

After the movie I went up and just watched my little girl sleeping. Yeah, that movie is a real asshole.

At one point the kid tells his mom he wished it were her that had died. I was very happy my wife was asleep.

Fucking Asberger's kids are the worst!

Kave_Man said:
So Brandon Weeden is in the top 19 eh?
Only in the rookies that qualify for medicare list Jaws is putting together!

He's the only one on the list

I feel for you Browns fans, I really do.:(

squicken

Fitz is unequivocally better than Sanchez and Bradford. I'd say it's a fair assessment that he's better than Palmer has played recently, too. But, not a bad list overall so far.

It's really just choosing your shade of "needs to be better" at this point. It's hard to defend Bradford b/c it basically involves a list of things gone wrong that are either reasons or excuses, depending on your disposition towards him. Jaws and others have said he got jittery and had his mechanics breakdown as the year went on.

A reason or excuse might be that he had a high ankle sprain in week 4 and never got healthy. How were Big Ben's mechanics and performance after he had the same injury? How comfortable was he in the pocket? Of course we know that Ben is fearless and productive, so we attribute all his struggles to the injury and poor performance from surrounding players, and not to any sort of mental frailty. But do we then attribute mental frailty to a blank slate QB suffering from the same injury and same lack of talent?

Every coach in the AFC South has a pretty respectable winning record if you remove games played against Peyton Manning. Did Peyton feast on mediocre teams and isn't quite as good as we think? Are Kubiak, Fisher, and Del Rio better than we think b/c they never could get out from under the thumb of one of the best players ever, but otherwise were generally superior to the rest of the league?

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/159795055.html
One day after Anthony Hargrove's passionate response to video evidence used in the New Orleans Saints' bounty investigation, a former teammate has backed up Hargrove's claim that it was not his voice in the clip.

Former practice squad defensive lineman Earl Heyman says he was in that defensive huddle during the 2009 NFC Championship. Audio picked up one player saying "pay me my money," though Hargrove's face is obscured in the video.

Heyman tells CBSSports.com that he knows who said that line and that it was not Hargrove.

"I was right there, right there in that closeup (of the defensive huddle) they're talking about," Heyman said. "Every time they came off the field I was standing right there talking to them, and I know who said it, and I can say with 100 percent accuracy who said it, and I know 100 percent it wasn't Anthony."

Now with the Packers, Hargrove was suspended eight games.

Heyman would not say which player uttered those words, but did say he'd cooperate with the NFL.

"I don't want to incriminate anyone," Heyman said. "I will if I have to, if it goes to court or something like that, I'd testify. But I don't want to get caught up in this or that or getting more people in trouble. That's not what I'm about, but I am about protecting Anthony because he's my friend and he's been done a great injustice and he's been done wrong."

After Hargrove spoke out Tuesday, the league has stated it stands by its investigation.

"I was right there," Heyman added. "I remember it because it was a monumental play in the game, and I know Anthony didn't say that."

Id be surprised if the NFL supposedly has the "50,000 pages of evidence" as they say they do, that a quote caught on NFL Films is a deciding factor one way or the other. Not sure why it'd matter either way.

MechDX

KoolWade.jpg

Its Wade's birthday! PARTYTIME!

party.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
There will be at least 2 SECSECSEC teams every year.

If you actually read the link, he's got 2 years out of the last 14 years, with 2 SEC teams in the top 4. Which is comparable to the B1G and Big XII having 2 years with 2 teams in as well.

So, yeah, guess you don't remember 1998-2005.

I'll never understand the point behind the NFL's appeal process.

Player: "Roger Goodell is evil and he's out to get me, so I'm going to go ask his boss to see if I can get my suspension reduced. Who's the boss?"

Lawyer:"Uhmm, Roger Goodell stands over the appeal process."

Player:"Oh"

Do these players really expect Goodell, the Goodellfuhrer, the man who's ran this league with an iron fist and his no-nonsense policy, to come out of the kindness of his heart and change his mind? Sorry, won't happen.

It would be more legitimate if there was an independent arbitrator overseeing the appeals, and not the same man overlooking the initial evidence and assigning the punishments. Right now it seems like a sham and a massive waste of time.

Besides, we all know the Saints did it. They're all a bunch of dirty bounty hunters
although based off their D's stats, they're pretty shitty at bounty hunting
and whatever comes out of their salty mouths are lies and bullshit.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I went into the NBA thread.

People are actually insinuating that Lebron James isn't on a team full of superstars.

I need to go lie down.

cdyhybrid

I went into the NBA thread.

People are actually insinuating that Lebron James isn't on a team full of superstars.

I need to go lie down.

Depends on what you mean by superstars. I'd argue Wade is the only other "superstar" on that team. Bosh is obviously very good but superstar implies more than just being very good on the court. And that's only 3 guys.

Top Bottom