• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Depends on what you mean by superstars. I'd argue Wade is the only other "superstar" on that team. Bosh is obviously very good but superstar implies more than just being very good on the court. And that's only 3 guys.

bosh was a superstar before going to miami. i find it odd that people say "pffft yeah it's only 3 of them but they have no one else!" uhhh, ok? most championship teams have 1 superstar, 1 really good player, and a bunch of role players. miami has 3 superstars and some other role players. it's embarrassing they didn't win it last year but mcgirk is 100 times the player lebron is!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'll never understand the point behind the NFL's appeal process.

Player: "Roger Goodell is evil and he's out to get me, so I'm going to go ask his boss to see if I can get my suspension reduced. Who's the boss?"

Lawyer:"Uhmm, Roger Goodell stands over the appeal process."

Player:"Oh"

Do these players really expect Goodell, the Goodellfuhrer, the man who's ran this league with an iron fist and his no-nonsense policy, to come out of the kindness of his heart and change his mind? Sorry, won't happen.

It would be more legitimate if there was an independent arbitrator overseeing the appeals, and not the same man overlooking the initial evidence and assigning the punishments. Right now it seems like a sham and a massive waste of time.

Besides, we all know the Saints did it. They're all a bunch of dirty bounty hunters
although based off their D's stats, they're pretty shitty at bounty hunting
and whatever comes out of their salty mouths are lies and bullshit.

Two things.

First, the players shouldn't have ratified the cba, like the Steelers. They were warned and ignored said warning. But then again, they did have DeMoron running the show.

Secondly, I'm willing to bet that if one of those guys had gone in and spilled their guts and been apologetic, Roger would have lessened their suspension. I've learned one thing about Heir Goodell, and that is that he hates being lied to. All of those guys had better keep their noses clean or next time Roger won't be so nice.

Godslay

Banned
Depends on what you mean by superstars. I'd argue Wade is the only other "superstar" on that team. Bosh is obviously very good but superstar implies more than just being very good on the court. And that's only 3 guys.

It's a better situation than most championship teams have had, imo.

bosh was a superstar before going to miami. i find it odd that people say "pffft yeah it's only 3 of them but they have no one else!" uhhh, ok? most championship teams have 1 superstar, 1 really good player, and a bunch of role players. miami has 3 superstars and some other role players. it's embarrassing they didn't win it last year but mcgirk is 100 times the player lebron is!

Pretty much this. It seems to be historically that it is one solid superstar combined with a great player or another superstar to get the job done. Kobe/Shaq, Kobe/Gasol, Duncan/Parker or Ginobli, Shaq/Wade, Jordan/Pippen, Garnett/Pierce or Allen. The only real anomaly is the most recent Pistons championship team. No one was a real superstar on that team, but they go the job done.

squicken

The only real anomaly is the most recent Pistons championship team. No one was a real superstar on that team, but they go the job done.

I view that team, along with the Ravens SB team, as just random. You need an elite QB to win a SB in the modern NFL, and a superstar player to win a title in the NBA. There are instances where that didn't happen, but it's so rare the exceptions are just noise

The Bucs SB is strange. As weird as it sounds, Rich Gannon was an elite QB during that brief period. Kraft dollars robbed him of possible SB appearance in Tuck Rule game, and then he went to the SB the next year. But his own coach was a moron and the other coach knew all his plays

Striker

After talking up Cam and saying he's a top 5 QB to get into the Panthers (they weren't interested lol), Plax talks Jets and the QB's.

Obviously, that wasn't the question. Burress again was asked if Sanchez could lead the Jets to a title, not if the Jets thought he could.

"Um, I think the defense will," Burress said. "I think they definitely have a Super Bowl defense."

OK then. Burress is similarly unimpressed with the Jets' new backup quarterback, Tim Tebow.

"As a starting wide receiver in the NFL, you walk out there on Sunday and line up," Burress said. "It's not Peyton Manning back there."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...-for-sanchez-tebow?module=HP11_headline_stack

"As a starting wide receiver in the NFL, you walk out there on Sunday and line up," Burress said. "It's not Peyton Manning back there."

He's right, you know.

Tebow's not Peyton Manning. He's better.

Call me when Peyton Manning can invoke divine intervention at will.

ALL.
TEBOW.
DOES.
IS.
WIN.
FOOTBALL.
GAMES.

Godslay

Banned
I view that team, along with the Ravens SB team, as just random. You need an elite QB to win a SB in the modern NFL, and a superstar player to win a title in the NBA. There are instances where that didn't happen, but it's so rare the exceptions are just noise

The Bucs SB is strange. As weird as it sounds, Rich Gannon was an elite QB during that brief period. Kraft dollars robbed him of possible SB appearance in Tuck Rule game, and then he went to the SB the next year. But his own coach was a moron and the other coach knew all his plays

That was certainly a weird year in basketball. I remember getting really into the Pistons simply because they held teams to very low scores, and played great team ball. I really enjoyed watching Billups, because as a kid I got to see him a couple times as a high school player in Denver. Billups was the closest they got to a "superstar" in terms of consistent production. Rip and R. Wallace also had good/great games irc, Prince also played very well. To be honest, that team was my favorite championship team to watch outside of the pure domination of the 90's Bulls.

It's pretty undeniable at this point that it is considerably more difficult to win without an elite QB. Winning a SB without one is a rare occasion indeed.

He's right, you know.

Tebow's not Peyton Manning. He's better.

Call me when Peyton Manning can invoke divine intervention at will.

ALL.
TEBOW.
DOES.
IS.
WIN.
FOOTBALL.
GAMES.

manningson.gif

Oh you!

Fox318

That was certainly a weird year in basketball. I remember getting really into the Pistons simply because they held teams to very low scores, and played great team ball. I really enjoyed watching Billups, because as a kid I got to see him a couple times as a high school player in Denver. Billups was the closest they got to a "superstar" in terms of consistent production. Rip and R. Wallace also had good/great games irc, Prince also played very well. To be honest, that team was my favorite championship team to watch outside of the pure domination of the 90's Bulls.

It's pretty undeniable at this point that it is considerably more difficult to win without an elite QB. Winning a SB without one is a rare occasion indeed.

manningson.gif

Oh you!

See you in the AFC championship game.

This time we win.

cdyhybrid

Disclaimer: This is all my opinion.

I wouldn't call Bosh a superstar, just a star. I'd compare the difference between a star and a superstar with the difference between an All-Star and an MVP candidate. The Raptors never did anything while he was there and he put up good numbers, but nothing mind-blowing. To be a superstar you need to be the best of the best and have the results to back it up. Guys like Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Durant, Howard. Also, to qualify for superstar status in my book, you need to have some influence off the court. Shoe deals, commercials, how you deal with the media, etc.

See you in the AFC championship game.

This time we win.

I believe you. Peyton will find a way to choke.

Disclaimer: This is all my opinion.

I wouldn't call Bosh a superstar, just a star. I'd compare the difference between a star and a superstar with the difference between an All-Star and an MVP candidate. The Raptors never did anything while he was there and he put up good numbers, but nothing mind-blowing. To be a superstar you need to be the best of the best and have the results to back it up. Guys like Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Durant, Howard. Also, to qualify for superstar status in my book, you need to have some influence off the court. Shoe deals, commercials, how you deal with the media, etc.

Agreed. Bosh isn't a superstar. A superstar makes the team better by default, to the point where people can honestly say "we need one more piece to make a run". Bosh was never that good. Lebron was. Wade was. Kobe was. Shaq was.

This playoffs is a perfect indication. Bosh went down and the team didn't miss a beat. I'm willing to bet win or lose Bosh is off the team next year.

I believe you. Peyton will find a way to choke.

Agreed. Bosh isn't a superstar. A superstar makes the team better by default, to the point where people can honestly say "we need one more piece to make a run". Bosh was never that good. Lebron was. Wade was. Kobe was. Shaq was.

This playoffs is a perfect indication. Bosh went down and the team didn't miss a beat. I'm willing to bet win or lose Bosh is off the team next year.

they didn't? they were down 2-1 to a crappy pacers team without bosh. they were getting housed by the celtics before bosh came back. they would probably be down 3-1 right now without bosh in the finals

squicken

purejompm.gif

Exclusive footage of the day Elway landed Peyton and Tebow was traded. I haven't seen John this happy since he won the Superbowl.

This is the day Tebow thought he had finally won Elway's respect, only for Elway all along to have been plotting on how to stab him in the back

I've never believed in sports curses, but Denver fans will rue this past offseason for a long time

This is the day Tebow thought he had finally won Elway's respect, only for Elway all along to have been plotting on how to stab him in the back

I've never believed in sports curses, but Denver fans will rue this past offseason for a long time

Yeah I felt the same way. When I watched that I thought "huh, looks like he finally got through to Elway."

Little did we know Elway was preparing to fuck the guy sideways.

Rorschach

I dunno... it always looked to me like Elway hated Tebow and the only reason he started going with it was so he didn't look like a doucher because the press was pointing out how stoic or pissed he looked in the box. He was just going with what he had because he had no choice until Peyton popped up.

Godslay

Banned

As much as I like Tebow and Elway, Elway has earned the ability to mold the team as he sees fit.

I think they gave Tebow a solid shot to be that guy. His wild inconsistency is what killed him. He would have a decent game followed by a total shit fest (Steelers than Pats playoff games for instance). I guess if ditching a young, inconsistent guy for a legendary qb earns us a curse that's too bad. Nobody really lost in this situation, as Tebow gets a shot with a team where the situation favors him to some degree.

I dunno... it always looked to me like Elway hated Tebow and the only reason he started going with it was so he didn't look like a doucher because the press was pointing out how stoic or pissed he looked in the box. He was just going with what he had because he had no choice until Peyton popped up.

It went from:

A7tu3.gif

to:

uZ8By.gif

You can tell Elway was just riding along knowing it wasn't a long term solution.

squicken

I thought the same. And Mike Silver's piece made it clear that Elway and Fox were thinking of benching him before the Pittsburgh game. But that moment in the gif, Tebow looks at Elway and finally thinks he has made him proud. Only for it all to be a lie.

Judas and his silver. Brutus and his dagger. Elway and his horse-faced smile

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

This!

The whole reason people hated the Heat to begin with is:

1. The Decision (not one, not two, not three, etc.)
2. Lebron went out of his way to coordinate a stacked team for the purpose of winning a championship

Can you imagine Jordan trying to get onto the same team as Bird or Magic? Or Magic playing with Bird? Madness!

(Everyone and their dog calls Wade a Top 5 player in the NBA so the analogy works here)

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
As much as I like Tebow and Elway, Elway has earned the ability to mold the team as he sees fit.

I think they gave Tebow a solid shot to be that guy. His wild inconsistency is what killed him. He would have a decent game followed by a total shit fest (Steelers than Pats playoff games for instance). I guess if ditching a young, inconsistent guy for a legendary qb earns us a curse that's too bad. Nobody really lost in this situation, as Tebow gets a shot with a team where the situation favors him to some degree.

Tim Tebow has a higher postseason QB Rating than Peyton Manning.

Just saying.

I was thinking...how many championships does Lebron have to win before people start loving him again?

Unless there's a massive choke incoming, he'll win his first before the end of next week, possible tonight. Let's say he wins 3 more after that. Will that make people forget the "Decision" stuff? Say what you will but winning championships heals a lot of wounds.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I was thinking...how many championships does Lebron have to win before people start loving him again?

Unless there's a massive choke incoming, he'll win his first before the end of next week. Let's say he wins 3 more after that. Will that make people forget the "Decision" stuff? Say what you will but winning championships heals a lot of wounds.

Whose wounds?

Maybe basketball is a different mindset but the fact remains that he went out of his way to get onto a stacked team. If a healthy Peyton Manning, Demarcus Ware, Darrell Revis went to play for the Baltimore Ravens and won 4 Super Bowls, would you hate them less or more?

bionic77

Unless there's a massive choke incoming, he'll win his first before the end of next week, possible tonight. Let's say he wins 3 more after that. Will that make people forget the "Decision" stuff? Say what you will but winning championships heals a lot of wounds.
How many rings will it take for us to forget that his teammate fucked the shit out of his mom?

Whose wounds?

Maybe basketball is a different mindset but the fact remains that he went out of his way to get onto a stacked team. If a healthy Peyton Manning, Demarcus Ware, Darrell Revis went to play for the Baltimore Ravens and won 4 Super Bowls, would you hate them less or more?

That's a silly comparison, because i'm a fan of a rival team (Though if Peyton was on the team they wouldn't win anything anyway).

I mean the the fairweather fan. The Heat have a lot of lifelongs now, but they have a greater amount of people who don't even watch basketball and hate Lebron just cuz.

LJ11

How many rings will it take for us to forget that his teammate fucked the shit out of his mom?

hahaha

i'm pretty sure his mother showed up to greet the team at half, kissing players on the way to the locker room.

they're going to run a train on her ass tonight.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
That's a silly comparison, because i'm a fan of a rival team (Though if Peyton was on the team they wouldn't win anything anyway).

I mean the the fairweather fan. The Heat have a lot of lifelongs now, but they have a greater amount of people who don't even watch basketball and hate Lebron just cuz.

Ah right, the lifelongs.

Yeah, ironically, the sooner the Lebron hate dies the worse it is for basketball in a way. I think people really enjoyed the whole "heel" role the Heat played last season and sort of played this year (despite ESPN trying to convince us otherwise). I believe that hate drives viewership and interest just as much as love for a team. There are about 5 or 6 NFL teams that I watch for the sole purpose of hoping they lose!

I haven't watched basketball since the 90s and just recently started again because of the hate.

But if people become genuine Heat fans because of all this, well, that's probably good for the sport too. The huge influx of filthy Pats fans probably benefited the NFL in the long run.

Godslay

Banned
Tim Tebow has a higher postseason QB Rating than Peyton Manning.

Just saying.

Manning holds a number of individual career records:

Regular season
Most seasons with at least 4,000 passing yards: 11 (1999–2004, 2006–2010)
Most consecutive seasons with at least 4,000 passing yards: 6 (1999–2004; tied with Drew Brees)
Most games with 40+ pass attempts in a season: 10 (2010)
Most consecutive seasons with at least 20 touchdown passes: 13 (1998–2010)
Most consecutive seasons with at least 25 touchdown passes: 13 (1998–2010)
Most games with a perfect passer rating, career: 4 (includes 1 playoff game)
Most consecutive games started to open a career: 208
Most consecutive games with at least 2 touchdown passes: 13 (games 1–13, 2004)[207]
Most consecutive games with at least 4 touchdown passes: 5 (games 7–11, 2004)[208]
Most games with at least 4 touchdown passes, season: 6 (2004; tied with 1984 Marino)[208]
Most games with at least 4 touchdown passes, career: 24 (includes 2 playoff games; tied with Brett Favre)[209]
Most games with at least 5 touchdown passes, career: 7 (includes 1 playoff game)[210]
Most games with at least 5 touchdown passes and no interceptions, career: 4 (tied with Tom Brady)
One of only seven QBs with at least 6 touchdown passes in two games (tied with Sammy Baugh, Y.A. Tittle, Daryle Lamonica, Tom Brady, Charley Johnson and George Blanda)[211]
One of only two QBs with at least 6 touchdown passes and no interceptions in two games (tied with Tom Brady)
Most regular games with at least 300 passing yards: 63 (tied with Dan Marino)
Most regular and postseason games with at least 300 passing yards: 71
Most games with at least 400 yards passing and no interceptions: 4
Most career touchdown passes in Thursday games: 25[212]
Most touchdown passes on a Thursday game: 6 (tied with Bob Griese)
Largest career TD-INT differential: 201
Highest career passing TDs/game average (min. 150 TD passes): 1.918 TDs/game[37]
Second-Highest career passing yards/game average: 263.6 (Drew Brees, 263.7) * Second-Highest career completions/game average (min. 100 games played): 22.5 (Drew Brees, 23.4) note:(for the purpose of being rested for the postseason, Manning was taken out early in 7 games; the last 2 games of 2009 and 2005, and the season finale in seasons 2008, 2007, 2004, thus diminishing his averages)
Highest completion percentage by a QB in one month in NFL history (min. 75 attempts): 81.8% (December 2008) [37]
Most career games with a completion percentage of 70% or higher (min. 10 attempts): 66[213]
Most consecutive regular season wins as a starter: 23 (2008–2009)
Most seasons with 10+ wins as a starter (regular season only): 11 (1999–2000, 2002–2010)
Most seasons with 12+ wins as a starter (regular season only): 8 (1999, 2003–2009)
Only QB with at least 12 wins as a starter in 7 consecutive seasons (2003–2009)[214]
Only QB with nine straight seasons of 10+ wins as a starter (2002–2010)[37]
Only QB to lead five consecutive 4th quarter comeback wins (games 7–11, 2009)[215]
Most fourth quarter comeback wins in one season: 7 (2009)[216]
First QB to defeat the other 31 teams in the regular season (Tom Brady did this later the same day, and Brett Favre did it the following week)[217]
Most wins as a starting QB in a decade, regular season only: 115 (2000s)[218]
Most wins as a starting QB in a decade, regular & postseason: 124 (2000s)
Most AP NFL MVP Awards: 4 (2003, 2004, 2008, 2009)[1]
Most Touchdown Passes in a decade: 314 (2000–2009)
Most Passing Yards in a decade: 42,254 (2000–2009)
Most Completions in a decade: 3,575 (2000–2009)

Playoff records
Most 300+ yard passing games: 8 [219]
Most yards passing, 1st half of game: 360 vs. Denver Broncos, 1/9/05[220]
Led the biggest comeback in conference championship game history (18 pts), 1/21/07 vs. New England[221]
One of only four QBs to post a perfect 158.3 passer rating in a game (Don Meredith, Terry Bradshaw, Dave Krieg)[222]
Most games with 20+ completions: 14[223] (surpassed by Tom Brady in 2011)
Most games with 30+ completions: 4[224] (surpassed by Drew Brees in 2011)
Most games with 30+ attempts: 17[225]
Most games with 40+ attempts: 8[226] (tied by Tom Brady in 2011)
Most completions and attempts in a single postseason: 97/153 (2006)[227]
One of only 2 quarterbacks to complete 80% of his passes in two playoff games (tied with Kurt Warner)[228]
Most consecutive postseasons with at least one start: 9 (2002–2010)

Rookie records
Most touchdown passes: 26[208]
Most consecutive games with a touchdown pass (games 4–16): 13[229]
Most games with at least one touchdown pass: 15 [37]
Most games with 300+ yards passing: 4 [37]
With Marvin Harrison
Manning and former Colts wide receiver Marvin Harrison hold a number of QB-WR tandem records:
Most completions/receptions (career): 953[230]
Most passing/receiving yards (career): 12,756[230]
Most passing/receiving touchdowns (career): 112[37][230]
Most completions/receptions in a season, QB-to-WR duo: 143 (2002)
Most passing/receiving yards in a season, QB-to-WR duo: 1,722 (2002)
Pro Bowl records
Most Pro Bowl selections for a QB: 11 (tied with Brett Favre)[231]
Most consecutive Pro Bowl selections for a QB: 9 (during the 2002–2010 seasons)
Most passing attempts (career): 150[101]
Most passing attempts (game): 41 (2004)[232]
Most completions (career): 92[101]
Most completions (game): 22 (2004)[232]
Most passing yards (career): 1,278[101]
Most passing yards (game): 342 (2004)[232]
Most passing touchdowns (career): 13[101]
Colts franchise records
Most passing attempts (career): 7,210[36]
Most passing attempts (season): 679 (2010)[36]
Most passing attempts (rookie season): 575 (1998)[36]
Most 40+ passing attempt games (career): 56[36]
Most completions (career): 4,682[36]
Most completions (season): 450 (2010)[36]
Most completions (rookie season): 326 (1998)[36]
Most completions (game): 40 (09/12/10 at Houston)[36]
Most completions (rookie game): 30 (11/01/98 vs. New England)[36]
Most consecutive completions: 23 (12/14/08-12/18/08 vs. Detroit/Jacksonville)[37]
Most games with 20+ completions (career): 140[36]
Most consecutive games with 20+ completions: 14 (games 1–14, 2010)[36]
Most games with 30+ completions (career): 23[233]
Highest completion percentage (career): 64.9%[36]
Highest completion percentage (season): 68.8% (2009)[36]
Highest completion percentage (rookie season): 56.7%[36]
Highest completion percentage (game): 87.5% (14/16 for 95 yards, 12/30/07 vs. Tennessee)[37]
Most passing yards (career): 54,828[234]
Most passing yards (season): 4,700 (2010)[36]
Most passing yards (rookie season): 3,739[36]
Most passing yards (game): 472 (10/31/04 vs. Kansas City)[36]
Most 300+ passing yard games (career): 63[36]
Most 300+ passing yard games (season): 9 (2009)[36]
Most 300+ passing yard games (rookie season): 4[36]
Most consecutive passing 300+ yard games: 5 (games 1–5 in 2009)[36]
Most seasons with at least 4,000 passing yards : 11 (1999–2004, 2006–2010)[204]
Most consecutive seasons with at least 4,000 passing yards (1999–2004): 6[2]
Most touchdown passes (career): 399[235]
Most touchdown passes (season): 49 (2004)[36]
Most touchdown passes (rookie season): 26[36]
Most touchdown passes (game): 6 (09/28/03 vs. New Orleans and 11/25/04 vs. Detroit)[36]
Most touchdown passes (rookie game): 3 (4 times; tied with Johnny Unitas and Jeff George)[36]
Most games with at least 4 touchdown passes (career): 22[236]
Most games with at least 4 touchdown passes (season, 2004): 6[208]
Most games with at least 3 touchdown passes (career): 64[36]
Most games with at least 1 touchdown pass (season): 15 (5 times)[36]
Most games with at least 1 touchdown pass (rookie season): 15 (1998)[36]
Most consecutive uninterrupted games with at least 1 touchdown pass: 27
Most consecutive games with at least 4 touchdown passes (games 7–11, 2004): 5 (2004)[208]
Most consecutive games with at least 3 touchdown passes: 8 (games 5–12, 2004)[237]
Most consecutive games with at least 2 touchdown passes: 13 (games 1–13, 2004)[36]
Most consecutive games with at least 1 touchdown pass (rookie season): 13 (games 4–16)[36]
Most consecutive seasons with at least 25 touchdown passes: 13 (1998–2010)[204]
Highest touchdown percentage (career): 5.66%[36]
Highest touchdown percentage (season): 9.86% (2004)[36]
Highest touchdown percentage (game): 24.00% (09/28/03 vs. New Orleans)[36]
Most interceptions thrown (game): 6 (11/11/07 vs. San Diego)[36]
Most interceptions thrown (season): 28 (1998)[36]
Highest passer rating (career): 94.9[36]
Second highest passer rating (season): 121.1 (2004)[36]
Most games with a perfect passer rating (career): 4 (includes 1 playoff game)[90]
Most consecutive games started to open a career by a quarterback: 208 (current)[238]
Most games played, franchise history: 208
Most consecutive games started, franchise history: 208 (current)[238]
Most comeback wins in the 4th quarter (career): 35 (includes one playoff game) [36]
Most comeback wins in the 4th quarter (season): 7 (2009) [36]
Most game-winning drives in the 4th quarter/overtime (career): 46 (includes one playoff game) [36]
Most game-winning drives in the 4th quarter/overtime (season): 7 (1999, 2008, 2009)[36]

Just saying...

Don't make me hate Tebow. I still like the guy.

squicken

I don't really follow basketball, but it seems the Thunder probably need a new coach. I don't really think basketball coaches or baseball managers are all that important, so unless you are some master Xs and Os guy, you might as well look the part. Brooks looks so overwhelmed. The Ron Washington of this series

I don't really follow basketball, but it seems the Thunder probably need a new coach. I don't really think basketball coaches or baseball managers are all that important, so unless you are some master Xs and Os guy, you might as well look the part. Brooks looks so overwhelmed. The Ron Washington of this series

basketball coaches are important from a strategy/lineup standpoint. brooks was pathetic this series with how many minutes kendrick perkins got. a good big man who was valuable against the lakers and spurs but out of place against the heat. he has perkins and ibaka out on the court to cover who? one covers chris bosh and one covers mike miller or another shooter. why should they be on the floor then? they're just getting spaced out and negating their strengths

brooks should be fired for that reason alone but he actually did have a pretty good strategy against the spurs that worked so do you fire him for 1 series? a series the thunder could've easily won if they just executed in the last few minutes of games 2-4?

squicken

brooks should be fired for that reason alone but he actually did have a pretty good strategy against the spurs that worked so do you fire him for 1 series? a series the thunder could've easily won if they just executed in the last few minutes of games 2-4?

He's not Rick Carlisle or anything. Firing him is no big loss. Like I said, I don't follow basketball enough, but it's seems crazy to me how many games Westbrook takes more shots than Durant

LJ11

basketball coaches are important from a strategy/lineup standpoint. brooks was pathetic this series with how many minutes kendrick perkins got. a good big man who was valuable against the lakers and spurs but out of place against the heat. he has perkins and ibaka out on the court to cover who? one covers chris bosh and one covers mike miller or another shooter. why should they be on the floor then? they're just getting spaced out and negating their strengths

Word, Perkins is a mound of shit, you don't need both in there at the same time. Collison didn't get enough burn.

Top Bottom