• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

I thought they spent way too much time trying to go around the world touching on 5 minutes of every character too often. It seemed to me they just went blast on plot plot plot plot plot plot. I don't care if they cut stuff from the book. Lots of what Martin writes is crap. They should have spent more time with what was working on-screen and less on what wasn't, even if it deviated from the books

It's not bad. Just a drop off from S1.
FWIW, I watched S1 and S2 in the bizarrest of orders for the first time about a month ago (I think it was 1 last year, then 14-16, 2-10, 17-19, 11-13, 20), and I didn't notice any difference in quality, apart from characters doing bizarre crap for the purposes of moving the plot along. But it's hard to blame that on the show!

brentech

Was playing co-ed slow pitch rec league softball. Making a run to back up the girl next me and the field was wet since we were playing our second half of double header. Dew set in.

Ran, tried to stop and slipped. Body kept going, foot did not.

This was before surgery tonight. Fractured ankle in 3 places and dislocated.

7423914058_d491a00d36_z.jpg

Only me. So stupid.

Greg

Was playing co-ed slow pitch rec league softball. Making a run to back up the girl next me and the field was wet since we were playing our second half of double header. Dew set in.

Ran, tried to stop and slipped. Body kept going, foot did not.

This was before surgery tonight. Fractured ankle in 3 places and dislocated.

Only me. So stupid.
Damn, sorry to hear man - hopefully it's a quick recovery for you.

yeah, sucks.
Said I have to have another surgery in like 2 weeks. But maybe 6 before I can walk again

Wow, sorry to hear about that. Hope your recovery goes ok, despite the surgeries.

More importantly, was the girl you were going to backup cute and did she follow you to the hospital?

bionic77

here is an "all 22" i enjoyed from last year:

4eeff3fe9c346.image.jpg
Only a perv like you would be into watching your team beat up on a gimped Steelers running on fumes. That game was a disgrace. Your team couldn't even provide fucking electricity in that dump they call home. And when the game started even though we were pretty much dead you still had to rely on your punter for the first 3 quarters. Even Tebow looked more impressive against us in that state!

squicken

Only a perv like you would be into watching your team beat up on a gimped Steelers running on fumes. That game was a disgrace. Your team couldn't even provide fucking electricity in that dump they call home. And when the game started even though we were pretty much dead you still had to rely on your punter for the first 3 quarters. Even Tebow looked more impressive against us in that state!

Ls6Ys.jpg

explain plz

brentech

Woke up this morning and the medicine they gave me at the hospital had me throwing up a few times. Wife picked up my percocet, feeling a little better now. Definitely feels better elevated, if I get on the crutches the blood rushes down and it feels like it's going to blow up.

I suppose I have extra time to game now....
=\

RBH

AP080716052008_r620x349.jpg

The Chargers-Raiders rivalry is usually good television.

After a report this week, some have questioned if it'll be in September.

According to Sports By Brooks, ESPN will assign Chris Berman, its long-time studio host and anchor, to do the play-by-play for the Chargers' Sept. 10 "Monday Night Football" season opener in Oakland.

ESPN would not confirm the report when reached for comment.

"We will announce the commentator assignment for that game in the coming weeks," a spokesman said in an email Friday.

Nicknamed "Boomer," Berman was hired in 1979, back in ESPN's infancy. He is a six-time National Broadcaster of the Year, winning the award intermittently between 1989 and 2001.

But he's never done play-by-play for a "Monday Night Football" game in his career, or any other NFL game for that matter.

Berman will first do a preseason game before the Chargers opener, Sports By Brooks reported, with ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer doing color for both games.

Doing play-by-play for "Monday Night Football" is on his "ESPN bucket list," per James Andrew Miller, co-author of "Those Guys Have All the Fun: Inside the World of ESPN."

Between 1996 to 1999, Berman was an in-studio staple of the "MNF" halftime show on ABC. He resumed the role when ESPN began airing the game in 2006.

He is known for his NFL weekend highlight package, called "The Fastest Three Minutes in Television," which he supports with animated commentary and sound effects.

The response to Berman's reported newest NFL assignments have been less than warming.

Whether it's the prevailing opinion or a vocal minority is tough to discern, but Berman and public bashing have seemed to go hand-in-hand of late.

Last week, Berman worked the U.S. Open. Deadspin called him "the sentient sports fan's favorite punching bag," adding that he'd spent two days "ruining" the golf tournament.

In response to Berman's reported play-by-play assignment for the Chargers-Raiders game, Sports Illustrated reporter Richard Deitsch took to Twitter.

"If Chris Berman calls the game," Deitsch wrote, "ask yourself if you are being best served as an NFL fan by that assignment."

Awful Announcing opined Friday that Berman in the booth "would be nothing short of an unmitigated disaster for ESPN."

A disaster? That'd be debatable, varying on personal taste.

But for a career that's on decade No. 4, it'd certainly be a first.
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/jun/22/boom-berman-may-call-chargers-opener/

He is one the best OLBs in the league. Also one of my all time fav Steelers.

Show some respect to a defensive MVP and the man behind the best SB play of all time!

he was too much of a pussy to play against the niners. can't say i blame him, he knew what was coming! although if i'm being honest with myself i would be excited to meet james harrison and ask him if he could get me a patrick willis or aldon smith autograph

squicken

Probably bought the hat thinking it was a clever place to hide his HGH

Woke up this morning and the medicine they gave me at the hospital had me throwing up a few times. Wife picked up my percocet, feeling a little better now. Definitely feels better elevated, if I get on the crutches the blood rushes down and it feels like it's going to blow up.

I suppose I have extra time to game now....
=\

Not that there is ever a good time to shatter a bone, but it's especially worse in summer. Sweaty cast. Nothing on TV. I'd say play an MMO but you are already suffering enough ;)

Surprise - Lombardi going on about how the All-22 film is too complex for fans to understand and it will lead to "first guessing" coaches....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...-offering-all22-tape-to-public?module=HP11_cp

Professional football has become a game of high-level chess. Therefore, if the people critiquing the All-22 tape are not well-versed in the strategy, the potential for misinformation becomes even greater. Bottom line: Mondays in the NFL just got worse for all the coaches who lose on Sundays.
More like Mondays got worse for analysts and talking heads that are just as misinformed as the supposed fans about what's going on on the field and are playing plenty of guesswork. I doubt coaches in the league wake up the next morning giving a shit about fans thoughts of the tape.

The underlying point he's making is sound but he presumes that every dumb fuck fan is going to sit there and watch All-22 film or pay the $70 to access it. Not to mention, fans do plenty of bitching about missed assignments and poor play without having access to the footage anyway.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The players are the ones who should be concerned about them the most. It's one thing to get yelled at by your coaches when watching the film, but I'm not sure if they can handle getting tweeted down.

Slo

The underlying point he's making is sound but he presumes that every dumb fuck fan is going to sit there and watch All-22 film or pay the $70 to access it. Not to mention, fans do plenty of bitching about missed assignments and poor play without having access to the footage anyway.

I think the point you're missing is that the type of shithead lifelong that's going to pay $70 to access the All-22 is the same guy who's going to spend all weekend watching it while wasted on PBR and then will call sport talk radio on Monday morning to give his "expert analysis." Most likely while wasted on PBR.

bionic77

he was too much of a pussy to play against the niners. can't say i blame him, he knew what was coming! although if i'm being honest with myself i would be excited to meet james harrison and ask him if he could get me a patrick willis or aldon smith autograph
No one is scared of the Niners. The Steelers are just old and a little beat down from so many postseason campaigns.

Also Willis and Smith are role players. Defensive MVPs and legends don't even look that type of player in the eye let alone give them a precious autograph! If they were lucky James might let them wash his car.

Slo said:
I think the point you're missing is that the type of shithead lifelong that's going to pay $70 to access the All-22 is the same guy who's going to spend all weekend watching it while wasted on PBR
...but I don't drink PBR.

brentech

Not that there is ever a good time to shatter a bone, but it's especially worse in summer. Sweaty cast. Nothing on TV. I'd say play an MMO but you are already suffering enough ;)

Just got my Vita a week or 2 ago, so I have plenty to play at the time. Along with all the free games PS+ dropped with E3 on the PS3. I only had like 2 of the 15. Much to do.

No one is scared of the Niners. The Steelers are just old and a little beat down from so many postseason campaigns.

Also Willis and Smith are role players. Defensive MVPs and legends don't even look that type of player in the eye let alone give them a precious autograph! If they were lucky James might let them wash his car.

the steelers are just old. and we might have beaten the shit out of your sorry ass team so badly that they can't remember to be scared. sorry bout that! maybe you can stay within a few TD's next time we meet in 4 years. I would say when we meet in the superbowl but i doubt the steelers make the playoffs anytime soon!

as for willis and aldon being role players, i agree. patrick willis' "role" is best LB in the league. aldons "role" is best pass rusher in the league. james harrisons "role" is being over the hill and whining when the commissioner fines him because he's too fucking dumb to play within the rules

squicken

I think the point you're missing is that the type of shithead lifelong that's going to pay $70 to access the All-22 is the same guy who's going to spend all weekend watching it while wasted on PBR and then will call sport talk radio on Monday morning to give his "expert analysis." Most likely while wasted on PBR.

Tape isn't available until Mondays so no callers until drive time. And I don't drink or call talk radio but I do yell on the internet!

bionic77

the steelers are just old. and we might have beaten the shit out of your sorry ass team so badly that they can't remember to be scared. sorry bout that! maybe you can stay within a few TD's next time we meet in 4 years. I would say when we meet in the superbowl but i doubt the steelers make the playoffs anytime soon!

as for willis and aldon being role players, i agree. patrick willis' "role" is best LB in the league. aldons "role" is best pass rusher in the league. james harrisons "role" is being over the hill and whining when the commissioner fines him because he's too fucking dumb to play within the rules
I will take Harrison in his prime over both of them. He was just such a beast and playmaker.

And I bet you that the Steelers make it further in the postseason this year than the Niners. :lol when was the last time you could make this bet with the Niners and Steelers? Too bad you don't have a real qb or else that SB dream might come true. I don't think anyone ever got to the SB on the back of a great defense and punter. And the Niners wont do it either!

I will take Harrison in his prime over both of them. He was just such a beast and playmaker.

And I bet you that the Steelers make it further in the postseason this year than the Niners. :lol when was the last time you could make this bet with the Niners and Steelers? Too bad you don't have a real qb or else that SB dream might come true. I don't think anyone ever got to the SB on the back of a great defense and punter. And the Niners wont do it either!

i mean if you grade your QB's worth on how many times he has gotten away with rape then yeah, alex smith is worthless and roofles is a hall of famer

bionic77

i mean if you grade your QB's worth on how many times he has gotten away with rape then yeah, alex smith is worthless and roofles is a hall of famer
How about judging them on clutch plays, stats, or completed throws to receivers in a championship game?

The only thing Alex beats Ben in is that he probably looks better at the beach. I would rather my qb keep winning championships even if he looks like Sloth.

Chiefs fan? You have my condolences.

Thanks. Every year ends in heartbreak.

When Len Dawson carried out the Lombardi trophy to hand to the Packers two years ago, I joked with my buddy that it was the only time I would ever get to see a Chiefs player hold it.

Born in '81, so I missed the first four years of the NFL when they were actually, you know, good.

Top Bottom