• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

How about judging them on clutch plays, stats, or completed throws to receivers in a championship game?

The only thing Alex beats Ben in is that he probably looks better at the beach. I would rather my qb keep winning championships even if he looks like Sloth.

how about we judge them on their most recent season? seems to me that would be the most accurate indicator of future success.

Ben Roofles - 90.1 QB rating, 21 total TD's, 19 turnovers, 11-4 record, 0 division titles, 0 playoff wins, plays with the #1 rated defense in the league and has a probowl WR

Alex Smith - 90.7 qb rating, 19 total TD's, 7 turnovers, 13-3 record, 1 division title, 1 playoff win, plays with the #2 rated defense in the league and has no probowl WR's

or we could compare them head to head from last year:

Alex Smith wins Vs. Ben Roethlisberger - 1
Ben Roethlisberger wins Vs. Alex Smith - 0

squicken

Thanks. Every year ends in heartbreak.

When Len Dawson carried out the Lombardi trophy to hand to the Packers two years ago, I joked with my buddy that it was the only time I would ever get to see a Chiefs player hold it.

Born in '81, so I missed the first four years of the NFL when they were actually, you know, good.

Montana beat the most stacked defense I've ever seen in Houston. You had a good run with Marty. It's just, you know, Marty only goes so far . . .

Gotta have lil' Schotty if you want SBs

bionic77

how about we judge them on their most recent season? seems to me that would be the most accurate indicator of future success.

Ben Roofles - 90.1 QB rating, 21 total TD's, 19 turnovers, 11-4 record, 0 division titles, 0 playoff wins, plays with the #1 rated defense in the league and has a probowl WR

Alex Smith - 90.7 qb rating, 19 total TD's, 7 turnovers, 13-3 record, 1 division title, 1 playoff win, plays with the #2 rated defense in the league and has no probowl WR's

or we could compare them head to head from last year:

Alex Smith wins Vs. Ben Roethlisberger - 1
Ben Roethlisberger wins Vs. Alex Smith - 0
Winning the NFC West actually doesn't count for anything. Even when the Niners were great in the 80s the Division was still shit.

And even you don't believe Smith is in the same conversation as Ben. You EXPECT Ben to make the big play at the end of the game (he even did that against the Tebows tying it and sending it into OT). You are SURPRISED when Alex does anything remotely clutch or competent. That says all you need to know about the two qb's.

bionic77

Montana beat the most stacked defense I've ever seen in Houston. You had a good run with Marty. It's just, you know, Marty only goes so far . . .

Gotta have lil' Schotty if you want SBs
Cowher won a SB with Ben playing Schotty ball (though we came out slanging in the playoffs and ran the table as a 6 seed, but deep down he is a Schotty guy). We had a lot of success with that system. I think it can work if you have a great qb, just like pretty much any system...

Winning the NFC West actually doesn't count for anything. Even when the Niners were great in the 80s the Division was still shit.

And even you don't believe Smith is in the same conversation as Ben. You EXPECT Ben to make the big play at the end of the game (he even did that against the Tebows tying it and sending it into OT). You are SURPRISED when Alex does anything remotely clutch or competent. That says all you need to know about the two qb's.

except by the time we won the division we had only played 1 NFC west opponent. we wrapped up the division against quality opponents. and when we got to the playoffs we had to play a real playoff team, not AWWW THE DENVER BRONCOS!

and here you go again making excuses for alex smiths success and roofles failures. the difference between alex and ben in last years playoffs is alex finished the job against the bounty huntin superbowl favorite new orleans saints. roofles couldn't even win a duel against a fullback playing QB!

at one point in their careers roofles was better than alex. at one point in their careers rooles was more clutch than alex. at one point in their careers alex and ben had raped an equal amount of women (zero). but that has all changed now. you can live in the steelers past glory of what they were years ago (and god knows i did that with the niners for more than a few years), but there comes a time where you just have to accept what you are. thankfully for the niners we are a team in the superbowl hunt. the steelers are a team filled with has-beens and over-the-hill guys but management won't accept that it's time to rebuild. don't worry, you'll get there eventually!

bionic77

except by the time we won the division we had only played 1 NFC west opponent. we wrapped up the division against quality opponents. and when we got to the playoffs we had to play a real playoff team, not AWWW THE DENVER BRONCOS!

and here you go again making excuses for alex smiths success and roofles failures. the difference between alex and ben in last years playoffs is alex finished the job against the bounty huntin superbowl favorite new orleans saints. roofles couldn't even win a duel against a fullback playing QB!

at one point in their careers roofles was better than alex. at one point in their careers rooles was more clutch than alex. at one point in their careers alex and ben had raped an equal amount of women (zero). but that has all changed now. you can live in the steelers past glory of what they were years ago (and god knows i did that with the niners for more than a few years), but there comes a time where you just have to accept what you are. thankfully for the niners we are a team in the superbowl hunt. the steelers are a team filled with has-beens and over-the-hill guys but management won't accept that it's time to rebuild. don't worry, you'll get there eventually!
It is going to feel so good watching Alex crash and burn and then Harbaugh being the latest coach to bench him for the next unknown fuck on the bench. How many times has Alex lost his job now? I have lost count! And Ben? Fuck no! Ben takes motherfuckers jobs (allegedly among other things)! It is pretty funny you talk about Alex's last season like it meant something. Just an inferior version of Ben's rookie season. Only Ben went on to with the SB in his 2nd season while Alex will just follow it up with getting benched yet again!

Getting off the subject of loser franchises that come out of nowhere for one season and then sink back into the dark pit of failure that they belong in, I would like to say that I give the 13" MBA my highest recommendation. Really the perfect laptop!

squicken

Real talk, but it's probably been a long time since Ben was at 0

DMczaf

Ls6Ys.jpg

explain plz

Does Ben pay other fat people to hang out with him so he doesn't feel self-conscience about his body?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
30 year old dudes who don't care about their body hang out with other 30 year old dudes?

I hate Rapelsberger as much as the next guy but I'm not going to hate on a guy being a guy.

Better than a Primadonna like Brady!

Concerning this discussion with FMT you can choose whomever you want as long as he is not a Niner (or Patriot because they don't have any defenders and thus would not be relevant to the discussion).

Not only do we have a defender now, his name is also Chandler which makes him great by default.

It is going to feel so good watching Alex crash and burn and then Harbaugh being the latest coach to bench him for the next unknown fuck on the bench. How many times has Alex lost his job now? I have lost count! And Ben? Fuck no! Ben takes motherfuckers jobs (allegedly among other things)! It is pretty funny you talk about Alex's last season like it meant something. Just an inferior version of Ben's rookie season. Only Ben went on to with the SB in his 2nd season while Alex will just follow it up with getting benched yet again!

Getting off the subject of loser franchises that come out of nowhere for one season and then sink back into the dark pit of failure that they belong in, I would like to say that I give the 13" MBA my highest recommendation. Really the perfect laptop!

So you're saying our backup is better than gentle Ben? If Alex >>>>> rapist and our backup >>>>>> Alex, then our backup >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ben

bionic77

Not only do we have a defender now, his name is also Chandler which makes him great by default.
Not bad. Big improvement for the Pats. Instead of playing 0-11 (i.e. packer ball) they are going to be playing 1-11! Throw I'm some cameras and bounties and you might contend for a SB!

bionic77

So you think it's a coincidence that Alex FINALLY gets a real coach and he has a great season? Lulz. That's the kind of football acumen I expect from a steelers fan
A lot of players have had one good season. My opinion that Alex is below average seems to be held by your FO as well seeing as how they went after PeyPey and then lowballed the fuck out of Alex. Can he even afford to live in San Fran on that salary?

Lunchbox

Banned
We were broken as fuck going into the playoffs.

Tebow was obviously a little unnerved playing so close to the Devil. If we were healthy we would have beaten Denver and then crowned your team all over again.

wouldve couldve shouldve

but couldnt

its like the motto of the state of Pennsylvania

A lot of players have had one good season. My opinion that Alex is below average seems to be held by your FO as well seeing as how they went after PeyPey and then lowballed the fuck out of Alex. Can he even afford to live in San Fran on that salary?

1. you are basing your "alex got benched lulz!" history on guys like mike singletary and mike martz benching him. one of those guys has no fucking clue what he is doing. the other didn't actually bench alex, he just chose his son (JT Osullivan) over alex smith..... because JTO had been in his offense for like 3 seasons prior.

2. alex had a great year last year. his previous 2 years i would call "good". he had an 80-85 QB rating in both years. in his last 5 starts of 2010, he threw 8 td's and 1 int. so, dating back to 2010, he is on a streak where he is 16-5 with 25 td's and 6 int's. all he needed was a decent coach to push him over the top, and you see what happened when he got that.

3. the steelers almost kicked ben to the curb after he raped for the 10th or 15th time or whatever it was. shit happens, mistakes are made or almost made. peyton is an upgrade for about 30 teams in the NFL, and that includes the steelers.

4. we didn't low ball alex smith at all. he makes an average of $8 mil a year. if you want to look at it without any coaching factors or prior history factors with him learning another new system then fine, you can say we low balled him. the truth of the matter is harbaugh is such a great coach that we could have success with kapernick or josh johnson or tolzien. alex is better than all of them but we wouldn't be fucked without alex. alex would be in a bad situation without us. going to the seahawks, with a coach who has no clue on how to develop a qb, would have been bad for him even if it paid more money. same with the dolphins.

5. alex isn't a dumb fuck like jamarcus russell or roofles. he has plenty of money and doesn't live an elaborate life style. he still drives the pickup truck he had in college. he could retire tomorrow and be set for life.

but keep on making excuses for alex and the 49ers succeeding! better than me having to defend failures :D

bionic77

the one with the skinny jeans on. hippsters are invading all sports now :/
Skinny jeans make you a hipster?

I get all my clothes in slim fit. I feel like it just looks better. At least on me. But I am not a fatty.

Also, not much to hate on those ho's with Josh. They might not be up to GAF anime doll standards but I think they are all cute. He might have horrible taste in food but at least he isn't a complete dumbs when it comes to women.

Skinny jeans make you a hipster?

I get all my clothes in slim fit. I feel like it just looks better. At least on me. But I am not a fatty.

Also, not much to hate on those ho's with Josh. They might not be up to GAF anime doll standards but I think they are all cute. He might have horrible taste in food but at least he isn't a complete dumbs when it comes to women.

skinny jeans aren't the same as slim fit

Top Bottom