• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Talon

image.php

image.php

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

I just said I wasn't!

I honestly don't get why Sony went away from the Go when they were making the Vita. Some really stupid decisions going totally backwards, like ditching the form factor, ditching the 16 GB memory built in, not having a real save state feature like a CFW Go, ditching the bluetooth connectivity with a Dualshock.

That said I still love my Vita and my DS Lite but the Go is still my favorite handheld I've owned.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Good lord the wait for the season is killing me. Ths is the first offseason that I've really felt so hot and bothered about waiting for this crap to start.

It's killing me. :(

squicken

Has a QB ever had a more flukey year than Scott Mitchell in 1995? He was such a shitty player but that team had so much offensive talent.

32 TDs 12 INTS 4300yds 6.8 NetYPA

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
So you're the guy who reads USA Today
The sportsbar where I eat lunch has a reading copy. I always read it on Fridays during fall. It has capsule previews along with the updated line, and the TV commentators for each game. I've never found another source so well organized with all that info in one place.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Has a QB ever had a more flukey year than Scott Mitchell in 1995? He was such a shitty player but that team had so much offensive talent.

32 TDs 12 INTS 4300yds 6.8 NetYPA

The year Culpepper had the year before he was on the cover of Madden was pretty crazy.

squicken

Derek Anderson in 2007?

Chud!! Look what he did with a rookie QB last year.

But he and Culpepper are good answers. I thought Dante was pretty good until he hurt his knee. But similar to Mitchell, those Vikes were stacked on offense. The thing is Culpepper had useful physical attributes. He was a monster like Big Ben. No one could tackle him. Big arm as well. Mitchell was inaccurate, fat, lazy, stupid, and had a noodle arm.

Alex Smith last year

Well it is a very fascinating season for how few yards and INTs he threw for given he started 16 games. But even FMT would agree that it wasn't anything like what Mitchell put up

people like to reference dante culpepper and how great he was "before the injury". true enough, he put up good #'s in 2003 (25 td/11 int, 9-7 record) and then eye popping numbers one season but the vikings finished 8-8 that season! THEN, the next season, he started 2-5. he had 6 td's, 12 int's with a 72 qb rating. this was BEFORE the injury.

now you might say "well what happened in 2005 to cause this drop off? did defenses just catch up to him?" and the answer is randy moss was traded. randy moss is responsible for the best successes of many qb's (daunte, cunningham, brady, etc)

squicken

people like to reference dante culpepper and how great he was "before the injury". true enough, he put up good #'s in 2003 (25 td/11 int, 9-7 record) and then eye popping numbers one season but the vikings finished 8-8 that season! THEN, the next season, he started 2-5. he had 6 td's, 12 int's with a 72 qb rating. this was BEFORE the injury.

now you might say "well what happened in 2005 to cause this drop off? did defenses just catch up to him?" and the answer is randy moss was traded. randy moss is responsible for the best successes of many qb's (daunte, cunningham, brady, etc)

That was the context the article I read on Mitchell was in. Almost every great QB has at least one great or a whole bunch of very good players around him. I think Alex had 7 TD to a WR last year? Maybe he's actually going to be even better if some of the young guys hit.

Yeah but then why was Randy Moss so awful in Oakland? Daunte was a good QB, he had some amazing seasons and some terrible ones.

daunte had 1 really good season and 1 amazing season. that's it. beyond those 2 seasons he was more or less below average.

as for the randy moss question, oakland was the worst possible destination he could go. just awful from top to bottom. it started and ended with crazy ass al davis and you saw the results for about a decade of awfulness.

then MAGICALLY moss goes to the patriots and turns them from a team who allowed peypey to win a superbowl into the first 16-0 team in league history. randy moss actually won that superbowl for the pats but their defense was so fucking awful they allowed eli to do them like peypey did

Fox318

People say this but I had a few insane posts about how the Rams looked like crap protecting the passer against vanilla pre-season defenses. There are things you can spot, but in general it is useless unless it's starter on starter

Detriot Lions

2008 PRESEASON CHAMPS
4-0

Sanjuro

People say this but I had a few insane posts about how the Rams looked like crap protecting the passer against vanilla pre-season defenses. There are things you can spot, but in general it is useless unless it's starter on starter

Even the starters don't give me much to come away with. The league is just too damn popular they need to force it down our throats.

By the time preseason rolls around, I don't give a shit how realistic it is, its better than watching Baseball goddamnit.

yeSQy.jpg

Top Bottom