• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
More Drew Brees:

"The facts that have been presented thus far do not back up the punishments that have been levied," Brees said. And if that's the case, why aren't the coaches, including the suspended ones, standing up for the players involved? That's where things got really interesting.

"I have pretty good knowledge, and I've been informed, that a lot of those coaches feel like there are further sanctions being held above their heads if they don't co-operate with the investigation," Brees said. "So, even though punishments have already been levied on the coaches, and they've been determined, there are further sanctions possible if they do not co-operate. I believe that if they were to speak out on behalf of the players, maybe that's the fear they have.

"Some are beginning to speak out, but honestly, the facts speak for themselves. Has the NFL presented anything that is concrete, factual evidence that shows that guys were involved in a pay-to-injure scheme?
Besides talking about what was said? There's a big difference between tough talk and tough action. We know locker room talk -- we see it on NFL films all the time. Guys yelling and screaming. If you take something out of context, you can surely form it into something that it's not. Unfortunately, that might be what happened here."

Fujita recently said that the forces arrayed against him have engaged in a "spear campaign." Brees stopped short of that, but he certainly wanted to know just what the heck the NFL has behind what it's done.

"The fact of the matter is, we just want to know the truth," Brees told Patrick. "I want to know the truth, you want to know the truth. The American public wants to know the truth. We're all tired of hearing about this -- quit wasting our time. If it's factual, then prove it. Show it.
If that is the case, then guys would deserve punishment. If they were involved in a pay-to-injure scheme, where they were paying each other to go out and hurt people, then that's an offense and it deserves to be punished, But if it's not, then let's exonerate these guys. Because right now, their names are being dragged through the mus.

"And their reputations and careers are bring put at risk."

WedgeX

Banned
Seriously? Seriously? Berry...damnit. Damnit. Damnit.

gotdangitberry.png

Also. Good to know that Freeman reads MLIVE.

DMczaf

"The fact of the matter is, we just want to know the truth," Brees told Patrick. "I want to know the truth, you want to know the truth. The American public wants to know the truth. We're all tired of hearing about this -- quit wasting our time. If it's factual, then prove it. Show it.

drew-brees_1571855c.jpg

Talon

DREW BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Milchjon

Seriously, fuck Drew Brees. What the hell does he think he has to gain from this discussion? People who think his ring is tainted won't be convinced by his bullshitting, It's probably too late to salvage next season and no one will want to listen to him in the future if he goes on like this.

I liked him until a few weeks ago, but this is just stupid.

squicken

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8093135/nfl-complaining-players-no-leverage

While NFL Players Association officials and players rail at the evidence and process the NFL is using regarding the bounty suspensions and appeals, I shake my head.

The time for that outrage was when the process was being negotiated, not now. That evidence is not in front of a court of law; it is in front of the court of Roger Goodell.

Regarding player conduct, whether the punishments are fair is the decision of the punisher, Goodell. This process was approved by the NFLPA in last year's run-up to a 10-year collective bargaining agreement, one with no outs for either side.

My tweet expressing this sentiment was retweeted by Falcons receiver Roddy White -- who continued his Twitter tirade against his union -- and I received several messages from current players about this, one wondering, "Are we stuck with this for the next nine years?" Uh, yes.

The owners just killed the players with the lockout. The cap isn't even going up in 2013. I think the players basically got the right to keep the Pro Bowl and no HGH testing, and the owners and Goodell got God powers and most of the new money

Seriously, fuck Drew Brees. What the hell does he think he has to gain from this discussion? People who think his ring is tainted won't be convinced by his bullshitting, It's probably too late to salvage next season and no one will want to listen to him in the future if he goes on like this.

Brees is the player rep for the NFLPA isn't he? Good job Brees,

LJ11

Anyone who thinks that is a bigger fucking idiot than Brees.

Draxal

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8093135/nfl-complaining-players-no-leverage

The owners just killed the players with the lockout. The cap isn't even going up in 2013. I think the players basically got the right to keep the Pro Bowl and no HGH testing, and the owners and Goodell got God powers and most of the new money

... You're missing the big thing the players wanted and received, less mandatory/padded minicamps/otas. The majority doesn't care about his god powers unless they affect the majority, which they really don't.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...rs-agree-on-four-points-that-will-change-game

squicken

... You're missing the big thing the players wanted and received, less mandatory/padded minicamps/otas. The majority doesn't care about his god powers unless they affect the majority, which they really don't.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...rs-agree-on-four-points-that-will-change-game

You're right. I did forget that. They also got fewer padded in-season practices.

And as a fan, I would have preferred that the players get more money, have the Pro Bowl die, and that the players practice more and not take HGH

Colasante

Considering what the D did to Favre and Warner people will only think the ring is tainted.

Same goes for the Pats.

There is no sense whatsoever in thinking that the Saints' Super Bowl is tainted by Bountygate, even if every single allegation against the team is true. It's pure nonsense to think that.

Milchjon

Since procrastination is seriously impairing my personal progress right now, I'll start a self imposed month-long GAF abstinence program today.

If you catch me posting on GAF before the 26th of July, I will wear an avatar of bionic's (or a commitee's) choice til the end of the season.

Serious inquiries on academic topics and answers to personal insults excluded. "Personal Insult" as defined by my subjective sensibilities

bionic77

Since procrastination is seriously impairing my personal progress right now, I'll start a self imposed month-long GAF abstinence program today.

If you catch me posting on GAF before the 26th of July, I will wear an avatar of bionic's (or a commitee's) choice til the end of the season.

Serious inquiries on academic topics and answers to personal insults excluded. "Personal Insult" as defined by my subjective sensibilities
You will just replace it with something else, probably surfing for Brady pictures or something equally perverse.

If you have self control problems either go cold turkey and try to be more productive (the best way IMHO) or try to increase it day by day until you are as efficient as a German.

I missed a ton of stuff this offseason, so let me sum it up real quick:

We lost Ben Grubbs and Jarret Johnson to Free Agency and Terrell Suggs to dumbness; that hurts. But I like Paul Kruger and Sergio Kindle to lessen the loss. Not to mention our annual crushing of the draft, where we nailed the Courtney Upshaw pick. I like our entire draft, simply because I trust in Ozzie.

We signed playoff hero Jacoby Jones.

The whole Peyton Manning thing happened. I only cared that we didn’t get him. Fuck Flacco.

The Saints bounty thing happened, and it was awesome. I personally didn’t care much, but I thought it was kinda funny that they have to incentivize their players to play hard and hurt people. The Ravens do that just because. You don’t have to pay Ray extra to murder.

The Orioles are fucking awesome
for now. I've been a fan a long time, I'm conditioned to expect failure.

I watched both season of Game of Thrones. It’s awesome.

This happened:

AuV21tDCQAAKvoq.jpg

Of course George Zimmerman is a Steelers fan.

RIP Junior Seau

I’m excited for the Niners' new stadium moving to Santa Clara. Much closer to my house, so I’ll probably check out some games, because I love watching them lose, and they’re good for about 10 a year.

Ray Rice wants more money. He said it best, “I played out my contract. I outplayed my contract.” But he deserves McCoy money. No one deserves Peterson money. I love him, but if he wants that much, peace out. Bernard Pierce, next up.

We locked up Lardarius Webb, the most underrated DB in the league. He was awesome in the playoffs, and I look for that to continue.

Ed Reed is being a bitch.

The Steelers are worse this year. And older. And fatter.
The Bengals are snakebit, and AJ Green and Andy Dalton will most likely be out for the year before the year begins. I’m guessing tandem hang gliding accident.
The Browns are the Browns.

As for the Ravens outlook this year, I’m still pretty optimistic, pending one thing….Flacco. He’s still the worst thing about this team. He has nominal talent, minimal smarts, and maximum ego. And if we resign him as anything but a backup, we’re straight up stupid. If we want to win Superbowls, not get close, we go another direction. John Brantley = Future.

Outlook:

With Flacco, 11-5 (based on everyone else, possible Superbowl Championship)
With Tyrod Taylor 16-0 (Superbowl Championship, possible 5 year dynasty run, followed by 1 year retooling, and another 5 year run)

As always with the Ravens…
ncDri.png

Junie12

Well June is gonna be over next week, which brings us closer to pre-season football! I know it means shit but dammit I need my football fix :(

TV is so boring during this time of year, I need something new to watch..

8tHzl.jpg

I vote for this!

Fox318

Every defender on the field wants to knock out a QB, bounties didn't give them a competitive advantage.

There is no sense whatsoever in thinking that the Saints' Super Bowl is tainted by Bountygate, even if every single allegation against the team is true. It's pure nonsense to think that.

If the saints game plan was to specifically injure players and target key body locations than it IS tainted.

Yes every defender wants to knock out and kill the QB but the Saints coaching staff built that into their game plan.

I'm sure Jimmy Johnson would call what Buddy Ryan used to do shit so how is this any different.

Top Bottom