• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

RBH

Tim Tebow: "I had a teammate at Denver who played the same position as me and he went to the University of Notre Dame. He would brag about his university, how great it was. Most of us in the locker room were like, 'C'mon, we all had opportunities. We chose not to go there.' ... But he talked so much about his university that it became easy. I'd say, 'Your whole team had one guy who ran under a 5.0 40 [yard dash]. Our kicker ran under 5.0.'"
http://content.usatoday.com/communi...y-quinn-notre-dame-at-function/1#.T-o8OHB9fbU

Tebowbeard.jpg

Blitz Special edition N64
NHL 94
Madden 94 (ambulance edition)
Blitz the league PS2
Arenal Football road to glory
Madden 2002
NHL Hitz 2002
Arena Football
ESPN NFL 2k5

greatest football game.... nay, greatest sports game.... nay, greatest VIDEO GAME in history! what a treat!

Just shutout the Cheats in Superstar mode playing as Adrian Clayborn.

The superstar game mode is so busted and it has been for years and they still haven't changed shit. I agree with Bionic that EA needs some competition so they will actually act like they're trying to make a good game.

damn the 3DS XL looks so good. i wish amazon would sell nintendo handhelds again so i didn't have to pay taxes but if i have to buy it at retail then so be it! also pretty stoked about wiiU. nintendo seems to be dominating this year

LJ11

If the saints game plan was to specifically injure players and target key body locations than it IS tainted.

Yes every defender wants to knock out and kill the QB but the Saints coaching staff built that into their game plan.

I'm sure Jimmy Johnson would call what Buddy Ryan used to do shit so how is this any different.

Players don't need bounties to target players, it doesn't need to be in the "gameplan," they do it because it's part of football. Knocking the shit out of your opponent is what they're paid to do. Realize that most of these guys don't care about the health or well being of the guy lining up across from them. The Giant players were targeting K.Williams because he had a concussion history, whether the coaches pointed it out or not is irrelevant, they were more than willing to go out and put him in the hospital at the first opportunity.

I know you're not this naive, it's a brutal sport, and these guys are wiling to do whatever it takes. This is football, it's always been this way. Saints may have targeted specific body parts or whatever, but I'm sure players can figure it out on their own when a coach tells them to knock the fuck out of X player.

snesfreak

Banned
damn the 3DS XL looks so good. i wish amazon would sell nintendo handhelds again so i didn't have to pay taxes but if i have to buy it at retail then so be it! also pretty stoked about wiiU. nintendo seems to be dominating this year
How can you be stoked by a repackaged 360?
/gamingsidebullshitassholetrollthatshouldoffhimself

Players don't need bounties to target players, it doesn't need to be in the "gameplan," they do it because it's part of football. Knocking the shit out of your opponent is what they're paid to do. Realize that most of these guys don't care about the health or well being of the guy lining up across from them. The Giant players were targeting K.Williams because he had a concussion history, whether the coaches pointed it out or not is irrelevant, they were more than willing to go out and put him in the hospital at the first opportunity.

I know you're not this naive, it's a brutal sport, and these guys are wiling to do whatever it takes. This football, it's always been this way.

this is true. i like to joke around and will until the end of my days that the saints are tainted and make bounty jokes but the honest opinion i have is that this is a lot of nothing. it is ridiculous if you think players don't know who is injured and where they are injured. you think the niners didn't know roofles had an injured ankle and tailored the defensive gameplan accordingly? ridiculous.

now, if management from top to bottom had a compehensive "pay for injuries" program, and that's ACTUALLY what it was (not a pay for performance), then i agree that management should be busted for it. anyone who thinks that in the spur of the moment a player is going after brett favre and saying "omg i just remembered jonathan vilma said he'll give me $5k if i fuck this guy up! i wasn't going to do this, but wow imagine what i could do with that $5k!" has never played football before and has no idea how the game is played

Jonm1010

Banned
this is true. i like to joke around and will until the end of my days that the saints are tainted and make bounty jokes but the honest opinion i have is that this is a lot of nothing. it is ridiculous if you think players don't know who is injured and where they are injured. you think the niners didn't know roofles had an injured ankle and tailored the defensive gameplan accordingly? ridiculous.

now, if management from top to bottom had a compehensive "pay for injuries" program, and that's ACTUALLY what it was (not a pay for performance), then i agree that management should be busted for it. anyone who thinks that in the spur of the moment a player is going after brett favre and saying "omg i just remembered jonathan vilma said he'll give me $5k if i fuck this guy up! i wasn't going to do this, but wow imagine what i could do with that $5k!" has never played football before and has no idea how the game is played

Most reasonable thing you've ever said.....brought a tear to my eye. Makes it just a bit harder to hate the niners....until I realize you have taken us to the woodshed in the playoffs for like ever. And then I realize I hate you all.

squicken

Are any of the suspended Saints players any good? Justly, the coaches and management were hit. But the players lost don't really seem to hurt the talent level on the field. The league is in full-on CYA mode b/c of the litigation exposure.

Brees is still salty b/c he was one of the guys wanting to be excluded from the Franchise Tag. I'm sure in his mind he's Norma Rae

Are any of the suspended Saints players any good? Justly, the coaches and management were hit. But the players lost don't really seem to hurt the talent level on the field. The league is in full-on CYA mode b/c of the litigation exposure.

Brees is still salty b/c he was one of the guys wanting to be excluded from the Franchise Tag. I'm sure in his mind he's Norma Rae

bingo. whether you agree with it or not this is what it comes down to

bionic77

I am glad I waited on the 3DS revision.

WiiU needs more games for me to be excited about it. That P100 game looks awesome but I am not sure it is worth buying a system for. Pikmin3 plus that might make it worthwhile but I am more excited about the 3DS.

squicken

http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/2...-gq-march-2012-broncos-football?currentPage=2

Tebow throws for 202 yards, including two TDs; Broncos kicker Matt Prater hits FG with 1:33 remaining to pull even; Vikings throw interception on next play from scrimmage; Prater splits game winner through uprights as time expires.

Jared Allen (defensive end, Minnesota Vikings): We decided not to cover anybody in that game, so we left guys wide-open for him to hit, which sucked. It can lull you to sleep, where you're just thinking, "We can stop the run. We can stop Tebow." But you know, it's still the NFL. You don't need to be Tom Brady to hit a wide-open guy.

Allen: You can still see that child mentality in him. He just has that grin on his face, and he's out there playing ball. We were talking about sacks, and he said, "You got lucky I fumbled that." I told him, "You got lucky that everybody's been wide-open!" He just laughed.

Allen: You know what the coolest part about the whole thing is? And the reason people hate it? Because it's showing that the conventional wisdom of coaches isn't really necessary. You know, coaches always think they have the winning theory: "Our way is the right way! Blah blah blah!" Well, here's a dude that they basically had to scrap the whole offense for and go back to running a college [system]. And they have been successful with it. Sometimes people think the game is more difficult than it is. If you find something that works, go with it. And I don't really think it has to be a nine-syllable frickin' play.

I guess I missed this piece. Silver loves him some Tebow. Or at least what he can do for his writing career

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Yo' FMT step yo game up good sir =D

oat7h.jpg

Super Stardust Delta, 73.5mil =D

Also bionic owes me a hat for keeping my beard caveman style like his Steelers player:

lE59Zl.jpg

With my 2 month old niece!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Damn, I'm just at 46mil
I think I need to switch to normal mode.

You have to learn the patterns ASAP, for all 5 worlds, not easy

I did it one one life by the way, that means 0 death, my multipliers was @x10, and bonus multiplier took me to x30 for 15 seconds
By the end I had 25 lives LOL, and 4 bombs left

You have to be 70+million by 4th stage of 5th world, to get close

great beard

Thanks you cold-blooded reptile!

Ænima

Are any of the suspended Saints players any good?
Isn't Vilma supposed to be a pretty good MLB?

Regardless I don't think these suspensions will greatly impact the Saints' season. Their offense will still score a ton of points without Coach Vicodin. They are still a borderline Superbowl contender imo.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I thought blarry got a six month ban. There's no 'good behavior' clause! Get back to hanging with snes in irc.

Welcome back.

Fox318

If I'm not careful I'll be gone again myself, stupid gaming side is gonna get me I just know it.

Don't do it man.

Just because the Wii U is a Roku and Palm Trio look alike is no reason to be banned.

And Nintendo does care about their fans. That's why they want to sell you and freeman overpriced scales to manage your weight.

Greg

I'll probably get banned for calling out idiots that think the fucking thing uses god damn fucking 2006 tech.

God damn fucking morons, they're the ones that can't back up anything they say.
2006 tech? Woah, take it easy - let the Wii U release before we start talking about Nintendo's next console.

Top Bottom