• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Saw this the other day at my local discount clothing store and thought it was funny. This was entirety of their selection. You think theyre moving a lot of Cribbs jerseys in the NorCal?

Edit: F' it, pic too big, posted from phone and could tell. It was a Pic of a bunch of Alex Smith and Josh Cribbs jerseys.

bionic77

Dibs on the Steelers.
It sucks playing Madden when you don't get your own team. I get zero joy in beating the Steelers with a shit team like the Niners.

This is another reason I prefer soccer games (at least recently). Not only is the gameplay more fun, but other than the US national team I don't have any allegiance to any of the other national or pro teams so I could care less if I get Bayern and someone else gets Barca.

Hopefully WiiU gets PES and FIFA and I can educate you.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
But those shitty deals lead to a ton of great games on the Super Nintendo. Not to mention that Nintendo on the hardware side had a system which was on par with the times. Some of the best video game music came from SNes superior sound tech.

Yes Nintendo had a near monopoly of the hardware space with the Snes but third party stuff such as was good on the system.

Look at what Microsoft and even to an extent steam have for their restrictions. There is still third party and system restrictions although they are not nearly as bad as Nintendo cartrage shit from back in the day.

Those were the good old days. There are like 3 or 4 games maybe in the WiiU launch window I'm interested in. Let's compare that to the SNES launch "window" (all this crap came out before the end of 1991)

ActRaiser
Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball
The Chessmaster
Darius Twin
D-Force
Drakkhen
F-Zero
Final Fantasy II
Final Fight
Gradius III
HAL's Hole in One Golf
Home Alone
HyperZone
Jelly Boy
John Madden Football
Lagoon
Mega-Lo-Mania
Miracle Piano
Paperboy 2
Pilotwings
Populous
Populous II: Trials of the Olympian Gods PAL Only
RPM Racing
SimCity
Super Baseball Simulator 1.000
Super Bases Loaded
Super Castlevania IV
Super Ghouls'n Ghosts
Super Mario World
Super Off Road
Super R-Type
Super Tennis
True Golf Classics: Waialae Country Club
U.N. Squadron
Ultraman: Towards the Future

I bolded my favorites! This is how you sell a system folks!

edit: Wikipedia is also not extensive. Romance of the Three Kingdoms II came out before 1991 ended, I put hundreds of hours into that game!

bionic77

The SNES was such a fucking beast of a system (in terms of how many great games it had).

Outside of sports games (which sucked back then for the most part), definitely my favorite system of all time. The only system that can compete with the SNES is the PS2, and I think overall I just think the 2D games age better so I have to give it to the SNES.

SNES games were so expensive that I remember renting everything and beating it over the weekend.

Those were the good old days. There are like 3 or 4 games maybe in the WiiU launch window I'm interested in. Let's compare that to the SNES launch "window" (all this crap came out before the end of 1991)

ActRaiser
Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball
The Chessmaster
Darius Twin
D-Force
Drakkhen
F-Zero
Final Fantasy II
Final Fight
Gradius III
HAL's Hole in One Golf
Home Alone
HyperZone
Jelly Boy
John Madden Football
Lagoon
Mega-Lo-Mania
Miracle Piano
Paperboy 2
Pilotwings
Populous
Populous II: Trials of the Olympian Gods PAL Only
RPM Racing
SimCity
Super Baseball Simulator 1.000
Super Bases Loaded
Super Castlevania IV
Super Ghouls'n Ghosts
Super Mario World
Super Off Road
Super R-Type
Super Tennis
True Golf Classics: Waialae Country Club
U.N. Squadron
Ultraman: Towards the Future

I bolded my favorites! This is how you sell a system folks!

edit: Wikipedia is also not extensive. Romance of the Three Kingdoms II came out before 1991 ended, I put hundreds of hours into that game!

Super Nintendo was the greatest system ever. Unfair comparison.

Striker

Larry Fitzgerald on Tim Tebow:

“If you’re not a fan of Tim Tebow, something’s wrong with you,” Fitzgerald said at the Colonial All-Pro Football Camp on Monday, via the Daily Press. “He does things the right way. If you spend any time with the guy, he’s a kid that parents would want their kid to be like. He’s the kind of guy that you want your daughter to marry. We need more people like him, not just athletes.”

Fitz gets it!

I wouldn't mind Tebow being the starting qb for the Steelers.
Mike_Tomlin_3.jpg

bionic77

The Tebow show last season was as exciting as anything I have ever seen watching pro football.

In sports you obviously want your team to win it all, but if you can't have that (which you are very rarely going to get) then you want them to be competitive and entertaining. At least Tebow guarantees that. And plus we would have God on our side!

I cant believe Saints ownership is letting things get to the point where Brees has filed a grievance against the team. All this ill will just to save $6m, doesnt seem worth it.

They can't be worse than Mike Greenburg and Mike Golic, can they? Trent Dilfer alone has more knowledge than those two combined.

I'm over the Trent Dilfer shtick of "I know a lot about quarterbacking even though I sucked. You want to see what not to do, look at me!"

Yeah that's true, but Chris Berman trying to do play by play? My goodness. Guy can't even read off of a script coherently.

Berman would do great as a color guy, but not play by play. Saying "whoop!" instead of "cuts right" is not adequate.

bionic77

They can't be worse than Mike Greenburg and Mike Golic, can they? Trent Dilfer alone has more knowledge than those two combined.
Burman is borderline retarded but thinks he is a genius and a comedian.

ESPN had the worst announcers in general and he is the worst of the lot.

Chris Berman is terrible.

Why won't ESPN stick Based God Steve Young on that broadcast?

I see you reference Lil B, who I was just introduced to the other day. Can you explain him to me? I've always listened to rap, and I'm worried for my kids future rap. I know young NFL Gaf is down with the kids.

Note: Worst thing I learned during my ban was that snesfreak was only 30. Now I feel old as shit (although not that old).

DMczaf

Chris Berman is terrible.

Why won't ESPN stick Based God Steve Young on that broadcast?

Steve Young was good in his first couple of years, but over time Berman and Stu Scott finally beat the smart out of him and now he's just another mindless goon using the same catchphrases and one liners as everyone else.

brentech

copy pasted from the Vita thread:

Just got back from my doctor visit.

Same guy that popped it back into place on Friday night. He'll be doing surgery on me next Friday to get the bones back together. Said the swelling is down and I've been doing a good job elevating my leg (aka, playing games on my couch) since the the bruising has actually worked up towards my knee.

Got some of my X-Rays from the night it happened.

7455238632_5eda8fd16e_z.jpg

In this one, my ankle was still dislocated. Shows it to the side of where it should be.

7455238248_4337eb050c_z.jpg

This second one shows that he got it back in the socket. Also gives a better view of the fractures. There's 3 all together. 2 are pretty easy to spot.

Have to play more games for about the next 6-8 weeks before I get a walking boot.

copy pasted from the Vita thread:

Just got back from my doctor visit.

Same guy that popped it back into place on Friday night. He'll be doing surgery on me next Friday to get the bones back together. Said the swelling is down and I've been doing a good job elevating my leg (aka, playing games on my couch) since the the bruising has actually worked up towards my knee.

Got some of my X-Rays from the night it happened.

7455238632_5eda8fd16e_z.jpg

In this one, my ankle was still dislocated. Shows it to the side of where it should be.

7455238248_4337eb050c_z.jpg

This second one shows that he got it back in the socket. Also gives a better view of the fractures. There's 3 all together. 2 are pretty easy to spot.

Have to play more games for about the next 6-8 weeks before I get a walking boot.

Kippers for breakfast aunt helga?? Is it st. Swithins day already?!

bionic77

I heard Berman do the US Open. He is an embarrassment to the USA. When a French golfer was shown, he randomly started doing a fucking French accent.
I am old. I remember when he was not a complete hack and his NFL highlights were funny. Back then ESPN was the shit. Who the fuck watches Sportscenter now though? People just tune in for live sports and retarded talk shows.

snesfreak

Banned
Super Nintendo was the greatest system ever. Unfair comparison.
Preach it!
I see you reference Lil B, who I was just introduced to the other day. Can you explain him to me? I've always listened to rap, and I'm worried for my kids future rap. I know young NFL Gaf is down with the kids.

Note: Worst thing I learned during my ban was that snesfreak was only 30. Now I feel old as shit (although not that old).
You old man.

cashman

Banned

I hate when people rag on lil B. He's quite simply one of the most talented artists going in today's rap game. Perhaps the reason older folks can't appreciate his genius is a generational gap or something.

The production on I'm gay is actually pretty good.

I hate when people rag on lil B. He's quite simply one of the most talented artists going in today's rap game. Perhaps the reason older folks can't appreciate his genius is a generational gap or something.

The production on I'm gay is actually pretty good.

See, I can't tell if you're being serious, because people actually say he's so good because he's making fun of rap, but it's not pleasurable to listen to. He can't ride a beat, his lyrics are beyond bad. Having said that, I've only listened to "Charlie Sheen" "I'm Jerry Rice" and "Ellen Degeneres.

bionic77

I've always thought rap has sucked dick. I don't think that changes with age!
I used to like rap when I was a teenager. I feel I have outgrown it and music in general and pretty much only listen to the stuff I listened when I was younger in the 90s.

I will sometimes turn on some Pearl Jam or radiohead, but 95% of the time I am in the car I am listening to a podcast (the Champs being my current favorite, followed by Tested and a distant 3rd is Joe Rogan).

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
See, I can't tell if you're being serious, because people actually say he's so good because he's making fun of rap, but it's not pleasurable to listen to. He can't ride a beat, his lyrics are beyond bad. Having said that, I've only listened to "Charlie Sheen" "I'm Jerry Rice" and "Ellen Degeneres.

He's a troll. People pretend to like him because they're in on the joke. Old cats like us are on the outside looking it. He's the world's first "ironic" rapper. He's only being serious when questioned about it, just like "fans" are all like "He's the BEST ever!"

Don't think too deep into it.

I used to like rap when I was a teenager. I feel I have outgrown it and music in general and pretty much only listen to the stuff I listened when I was younger in the 90s.

I will sometimes turn on some Pearl Jam or radiohead, but 95% of the time I am in the car I am listening to a podcast (the Champs being my current favorite, followed by Tested and a distant 3rd is Joe Rogan).

I'm pretty much all podcasts all the time, and for an hour commute each way, they're awesome.
1 seed is Mike Omeara Show, but I like anything off of Earwolf too. BS report can be ok depending on guest and if I can get past Bill Simmons' nasally voice.

He's a troll. People pretend to like him because they're in on the joke. Old cats like us are on the outside looking it. He's the world's first "ironic" rapper. He's only being serious when questioned about it, just like "fans" are all like "He's the BEST ever!"

Don't think too deep into it.

I don't think I can think about it, I'm totally confused. Those damn kids! :snes

bionic77

I'm pretty much all podcasts all the time, and for an hour commute each way, they're awesome.
1 seed is Mike Omeara Show, but I like anything off of Earwolf too. BS report can be ok depending on guest and if I can get past Bill Simmons' nasally voice.

I don't think I can think about it, I'm totally confused. Those damn kids! :snes
Definitely get the Champs. I highly recommend it. It is by the guy who co-created the Chappele show. Not for Packer fans (they have a different black guest every week, no whites allowed), but for everyone else it is the best podcast I have listened to.

BS Report is decent but it has been awhile since he had a good guest. I hate baseball and don't want to hear what him and JackO think of the Yanks and Sox.

bionic77

Speaking of football. Euro match Spain/Portugal is on if anyone is interested. Spain looking strong early.

I am actually home watching the kids today for a change. They are asleep and I don't know what I do with all of this free time...

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
6 liters of soda and a 5-dollar dessert?

Do it right and order a 2nd pizza instead!

You do realize.. all of it got slashed 50%

So 6L of soda became $3, and dessert became $2.25

The pie was around $6.50

Top Bottom