• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

squicken

I didn't catch the Google thing. One thing I like about Samsung's tablets is the vibrate on key press. Does this new Nexus do that? b/c that pos Kindle Fire didn't have it. But either way, all hail the coming of cheap and powerful 7" tabs! Perfect size

Got tix myself :D Friday early show. Balcony seats, but eh, doesn't really matter too much for standup.

I just got two tickets for a Daniel Tosh show in Santa Cruz. I hate Tosh and bought them to sell them. I'm the guy Louie doesn't like.

Also got tickets to the BAL/HOU game in Houston. Houston GAF, what's good to do there?

squicken

I just got two tickets for a Daniel Tosh show in Santa Cruz. I hate Tosh and bought them to sell them. I'm the guy Louie doesn't like.

Also got tickets to the BAL/HOU game in Houston. Houston GAF, what's good to do there?

Nothing you can't do in any other big city. No one would live here if there weren't good jobs and/or family

MechDX

Enjoy the awesome Tex-Mex. Head to the museum district, Kemah Boardwalk/Galveston if thats your thing. Etc.... Just depends on how long your here and where you will be staying at.

Did you get tailgate passes? Texans tailgating at Reliant is considered one of the best in the league and the people down there are friendly even to visiting fans.

But enjoy the AWESOME Tex-Mex! The stuff is just sooooo damn good!

Nothing you can't do in any other big city. No one would live here if there weren't good jobs and/or family

I have never seen someone so uunhappy with this town. Did the entire city abuse you as a child?

squicken

I have never seen someone so uunhappy with this town. Did the entire city abuse you as a child?

5 months out of the year you will die if you go outside between 10 and 7. I saw a mosquito carry away a small child the other day.

I love Houston but it's basically Atlanta only friendlier. Does anyone love living in Atlanta? It's hot as fuck and it's wall to wall traffic and urban sprawl. There's just nothing really unique about really unique about either town

MechDX

5 months out of the year you will die if you go outside between 10 and 7. I saw a mosquito carry away a small child the other day.

I love Houston but it's basically Atlanta only friendlier. Does anyone love living in Atlanta? It's hot as fuck and it's wall to wall traffic and urban sprawl. There's just nothing really unique about really unique about either town

Thats the fun!!

BigAT

A berth in the finals will most likely be decided by PKs.

That's like deciding who gets to play in the NBA Finals by playing a game of HORSE.

World Series? HOME RUN DERBY TIME!

Maybe they'll get lucky and there will be a terribly blown call by a ref 30 yards from the action. Most field area of any major sport to cover and regulate? Least refs, no instant replay.

squicken

A berth in the finals will most likely be decided by PKs.

That's like deciding who gets to play in the NBA Finals by playing a game of HORSE.

And England/Italy was a joke too. 105 minutes of nothing (besides flopping) and then, like you say, HORSE

So squicken...any word on how Steve Smith has looked for the Rams thus far during OTA's etc.? I've heard little to nothing since he was signed.

squicken

So squicken...any word on how Steve Smith has looked for the Rams thus far during OTA's etc.? I've heard little to nothing since he was signed.

Nothing really. He's definitely not guaranteed a roster spot. There is very little media covering the Rams. The local paper has one beat writer for the Rams and like 3 or 4 for the Cardinals. Even during football season they talk Cardinals on the radio.

Is Smith a slot guy? They already have a bunch of slot guys. Amendola will make the roster for sure, and probably Salas. Don't know how many slot guys a team keeps. The Rams might start two rookies on the outside, so they may keep more inside guys than a good team would.

squicken said:
Is Smith a slot guy?
Yep. That's where he did most of his damage as a Giant. Victor Cruz emerged taking over his spot on the roster. Of course Cruz has far, far greater big play potential/ability and can move outside when he pleases. Steve was about as good as you'll find in the league at moving the chains on the third down when he was at his peak. Precise router runner (which Gilbride loved considering the option routes Smith had to run) but not a YAC guy at all.

squicken

Yep. That's where he did most of his damage as a Giant. Victor Cruz emerged taking over his spot on the roster. Of course Cruz has far, far greater big play potential/ability and can move outside when he pleases. Steve was about as good as you'll find in the league at moving the chains on the third down when he was at his peak. Precise router runner (which Gilbride loved considering the option routes Smith had to run) but not a YAC guy at all.

I think Amendola makes it for sure. Salas most probably, though he played a little outside I think. Smith will have to show something. If it's close they'll go with the young guys who could get better, whereas Smith is as good as he's going to get.

They are on a mission to be the youngest team in the league by a wide margin. Fisher is really doing a lot to try and manage expectations. Might also come down to how he blocks. No crack backs now but he's still bigger than Amendola

bionic77

I went to Houston a few years ago and I remember two things about that trip. Houston is the biggest city I have ever seen. Sprawl like a mofo. You can drive like 80mph and it seems like it takes more than an hour to get from one side of the city to the other.

The other thing I remember is that it smelled like shit in Galveston. Like that was the toilet of the sea. Being a Ravens fan and shit lover that made me think of you: possible they cleaned it up but it reeked when I was there.

Godslay

Banned
Its hot as fuck in the upper midwest. That nasty soupy kind of hot where you have a constant layer of sweat.

No AC in my shitty apartment.

No lie. It was humid and hot yesterday in ND. I was lucky in that I went from AC at work to AC at home. I can't imagine it without AC, going to bed would be tough.

Running in this shit is miserable.

I ride my bike to work. Yesterday was brutal, today wasn't nearly as bad only 84 F.

Fox318

How do places not have AC.

College's don't have AC in some area's up north.

Learn how to make a swamp cooler.

I just got a job :D
A6yZj.gif

MechDX

I went to Houston a few years ago and I remember two things about that trip. Houston is the biggest city I have ever seen. Sprawl like a mofo. You can drive like 80mph and it seems like it takes more than an hour to get from one side of the city to the other.

The other thing I remember is that it smelled like shit in Galveston. Like that was the toilet of the sea. Being a Ravens fan and shit lover that made me think of you: possible they cleaned it up but it reeked when I was there.

Not to big on Galveston myself but you get the smell from the refineries in Pasadena. Got to remember the port of Houston is the 3rd busiest in the U.S. and Houston does the majority of the oil refining for the U.S.

Houston is a great city other than the killer heat & humidity.

Greg

Open window, big fan.
It gets pretty bad when I'm outside though.
Window fans help... until your neighbor burns shit on his fire pile for 2 days straight and the fan sucks smoke into your house.

The last time he left his house I put the fire out with a garden hose, but I'm calling the police next time that asshole burns.

cdyhybrid

Window fans help... until your neighbor burns shit on his fire pile for 2 days straight and the fan sucks smoke into your house.

The last time he left his house I put the fire out with a garden hose, but I'm calling the police next time that asshole burns.

What was he burning? Couches? Do you live in West Virginia?

Top Bottom