• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

I don't have AC. it fucking sucks.

Don't you live out near Asheville, NC? How the fuck can you live in NC and not have AC? I think plantations had AC like 160 years ago.

I'm near Raleigh. It's gonna be 103F this weekend. I'll be staying cool indoors (though my electric bill will suck next month).

snesfreak

Banned
Don't you live out near Asheville, NC? How the fuck can you live in NC and not have AC? I think plantations had AC like 160 years ago.

I'm near Raleigh. It's gonna be 103F this weekend. I'll be staying cool indoors (though my electric bill will suck next month).
Yeah I know, it's ridiculous.
I couldn't afford it if I did have it anyway.

squicken

I really enjoyed the Denver Mint, and if you are willing to take a day trip, going up Pikes Peak. It's pretty slow going but I made racing sounds like I was driving a rally car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf1oNtOT0Ig

You can also take a day trip to the Imogene Pass. Tour trucks takes you way up. I had fun but it's mostly riding.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imogene_Pass

There's some train ride that was fun, but again, not sure how your kids will enjoy it. I went with my GF in law school and was drinking during a lot of it. Coors brewery was neat as well. Man you guys ruin your lives with this breeding stuff

Godslay

Banned

To be honest I haven't been to Denver in about 2 years. Six Flags/Elitches is always good, WaterWorld is great this time of the year. If you come to Denver down I-70, you can swing through Ft. Collins which is home to New Belgium Brewery, which does give tours the last time I checked. You mentioned the mountains as well. You can drive up Pikes Peak, although with the fires I'm not so sure that it is available at the moment.

As far as smaller restaurants and the like, I'm out of the loop so I couldn't really give good recommendations. My favorite thing that I used to do as a single guy was round up some buddies, drink, take the bus to Coors field and buy Rockpile (cheap seats), and then hop around in bars downtown. Not really a family activity.

Have you been to Yellowstone? You could detour around 3 hours, drive through the Bighorn Mtns(part of Rockies). It would most likely be about a 17 hour drive from Minneapolis assuming you went through ND, to Billings down to Dayton, WY and over the mountain. It is a scenic trip and one of my favorites in the area.

Slo

I really enjoyed the Denver Mint, and if you are willing to take a day trip, going up Pikes Peak. It's pretty slow going but I made racing sounds like I was driving a rally car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf1oNtOT0Ig

You can also take a day trip to the Imogene Pass. Tour trucks takes you way up. I had fun but it's mostly riding.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imogene_Pass

There's some train ride that was fun, but again, not sure how your kids will enjoy it. I went with my GF in law school and was drinking during a lot of it. Coors brewery was neat as well. Man you guys ruin your lives with this breeding stuff

Edit: is the Imogene pass a place where you can do zip lines and what not?

To be honest I haven't been to Denver in about 2 years. Six Flags/Elitches is always good, WaterWorld is great this time of the year. If you come to Denver down I-70, you can swing through Ft. Collins which is home to New Belgium Brewery, which does give tours the last time I checked. You mentioned the mountains as well. You can drive up Pikes Peak, although with the fires I'm not so sure that it is available at the moment.

As far as smaller restaurants and the like, I'm out of the loop so I couldn't really give good recommendations. My favorite thing that I used to do as a single guy was round up some buddies, drink, take the bus to Coors field and buy Rockpile (cheap seats), and then hop around in bars downtown. Not really a family activity.

Have you been to Yellowstone? You could detour around 3 hours, drive through the Bighorn Mtns(part of Rockies). It would most likely be about a 17 hour drive from Minneapolis assuming you went through ND, to Billings down to Dayton, WY and over the mountain. It is a scenic trip and one of my favorite in the area.

Awesome guys, thanks.

We haven't been to Yellowstone, but if we decide to go we're probably just going to blast straight through, spend 3ish nights and then come right back. The drive is 13 hours from where I live.

Anybody know if Tilted Kilt has kids specials?

Kerm 1

In the Steel city on business this week. Looking forward to making the trip back from Oregon this fall to catch another game at the big ketchup bottle.

Tamanon

Banned
Wait, I'm in Bumfuck(Hickory is the technical term), North Carolina and I can't live without my central air. Especially since it's been hot as balls lately here.

Jdez15

Banned
Brandon Weeden will be a decent QB in the NFL, but who's he going to throw the ball to...Browns need to go after Harvin.

Talon

I spent a month in Madison for work last year, and I must say....it's a pretty legit city. I liked it. It was no Baltimore, but still nice.
Fried cheese curds and burgers at the Old Fashioned. Beers on the student union deck. Ice cream from the school's creamery.

Sounds good, mane.

Fried cheese curds and burgers at the Old Fashioned. Beers on the student union deck. Ice cream from the school's creamery.

Sounds good, mane.

I went there a bunch of times, but I was not impressed with the Cheese curd. Too squeaky. I was much more impressed with the quality red meat served at many other establishments. My problem was the protestors, because I stayed near city hall and it was all the Scott Walker action.

I went there a bunch of times, but I was not impressed with the Cheese curd. Too squeaky. I was much more impressed with the quality red meat served at many other establishments. My problem was the protestors, because I stayed near city hall and it was all the Scott Walker action.

Squeaky means they are fresh brah.

I made it back alive.

cdyhybrid

Goddamn I am drunk. I went to a bar tonight that is located in what used to be a church, and it's gay friendly so they had the rainbow flag flying above the door. Their pizza was fucking bomb, though. A gay bar in a former church. Only in Seattle.

Fox318

Goddamn I am drunk. I went to a bar tonight that is located in what used to be a church, and it's gay friendly so they had the rainbow flag flying above the door. Their pizza was fucking bomb, though. A gay bar in a former church. Only in Seattle.

Were you on your knees?

Also everybody should be playing TF2 right now.

Update is awesome.

Number one ranked qb's never win shit!

Prepare for 12 wins, another MVP and another loss at home in the playoffs!
Now that Rodgers has won the greatest honor one could be given, the respect of your peers (something Ben will never earn from his NFL peers, although I'm sure he has the respect of his fellow perverts and rapists ), I fully expect he'll hang it up before the season starts and ride off into the sunset as the greatest QB of all time...

...Until BJ Coleman leads the Packers to a 19 - 0 season with 50 TDs and no interceptions. Not that it will matter since our defense will be an unstoppable force this year. 32nd (or was it 31st?) to number 1!

Top Bottom