• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Rorschach

How did the PS3 thing go last year? I heard mixed reviews, but I didn't get to see if the major kinks were worked out towards the end of the season.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Jonathan Vilma to file injunction:

New Orleans Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma has informed a federal judge that he will file an injunction of his year-long ban in connection with a cash-for-hits bounty program if NFL commissioner Roger Goodell doesn't overturn the suspension.

WWLV-TV in New Orleans reported Vilma's intention to file the injunction and posted a link to the letter he sent to U.S. District Court Judge Helen G. Berrigan.

Vilma submitted his letter to the U.S. District Court in New Orleans because the defamation lawsuit he filed against Goodell was assigned to Berrigan. The injunction, however, is not attached to the defamation lawsuit.

If Vilma's suspension isn't overturned by Goodell, Berrigan will be asked to grant an injunction that would allow Vilma to play while the legal process continues.

The NFL has suspended four players -- all of them current or former Saints -- in connection with the bounty probe. Vilma was suspended for all of the 2012 season, Green Bay defensive end Anthony Hargrove was suspended eight games, Saints defensive end Will Smith was suspended four games, and Cleveland linebacker Scott Fujita three. All four players have appealed their suspensions.

Goodell heard the players' appeals June 18; however, Vilma left his hearing after just an hour and didn't return for an afternoon session.

The linebacker's attorney, Peter Ginsberg, called the hearing "a sham" and said Goodell failed to present the evidence on which he based his decision to impose Vilma's penalty.

"Roger Goodell has taken three months to tear down what I built over eight years. It's tough to swallow. I have been linked to a bounty, and it simply is not true," Vilma said. "I don't know how I can get a fair process when he is the judge, jury and executioner. You're assuming it will be fair, but it's not."

Vilma sued Goodell for defamation in May, claiming the league's top executive made false statements that tarnished Vilma's reputation and hindered his ability to earn a living playing football.

The commissioner has until July 5 to respond to Vilma's defamation lawsuit.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Tomlinson is crazy. I'd take a ring over HOF any day. How bout you guys?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...take-the-hall-of-fame-over-a-super-bowl-ring/

I think if you have one or the either, you convince yourself that you're happy with the one you got. But...you know what? I'd take the HoF, personally. After you're retired, you think anybody cares that you Won the Big Game? Everybody knows who Tomlinson is. Nobody knows a vast majority of the players are who have a ring.

Then again, I guess that's because I never really played team competitive sports. Maybe winning the big game is better than being one of the best to ever do it.

But I'd still take the jacket over the ring.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Tomlinson is crazy. I'd take a ring over HOF any day. How bout you guys?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...take-the-hall-of-fame-over-a-super-bowl-ring/

HOF easily. There are 50+ guys who win a SB ever year. Most of these guys are out of the league in a few years and have totally forgettable careers. LT's hall of fame career will live on forever, people will remember who he is 20 years from now. Nobody is going to have a clue who Brandon Jacobs is outside of old fart Giants fans 20 years from now.

squicken

Football isn't basketball. One guy alone can win in the NBA. But in football, only QBs are held to the SB standard, and even then it's kind of dubious.

jakncoke

Banned
HOF easily. There are 50+ guys who win a SB ever year. Most of these guys are out of the league in a few years and have totally forgettable careers. LT's hall of fame career will live on forever, people will remember who he is 20 years from now. Nobody is going to have a clue who Brandon Jacobs is outside of old fart Giants fans 20 years from now.

This lady beast/man/alien will..

500x_coltshelmet.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
If i decide I dont want this account anymore. I think i'd just try and go out this thread and post and post and see how long my account could live. I reckon posting outside this thread for 3.6 days would land me my first ban

snesfreak

Banned
If i decide I dont want this account anymore. I think i'd just try and go out this thread and post and post and see how long my account could live. I reckon posting outside this thread for 3.6 days would land me my first ban
Just go on gaming side and say you don't like Sony.
Insta-ban.

snesfreak

Banned
You still salty about something from like 1994. Dont you think 20 years of salt is time to just give up on the subject?
It's not just that, it was that and everything else.
Sony thinking everyone would get a second job to buy their overpriced console bothered me.

I was never thrilled that Sony got all the third party support with the PS1, but that was Nintendo's fault.

jakncoke

Banned
It's not just that, it was that and everything else.
Sony thinking everyone would get a second job to buy their overpriced console bothered me.

I was never thrilled that Sony got all the third party support with the PS1, but that was Nintendo's fault.

companies make mistakes /shrug. just like nintendo thinking that they could go another gen with cartridge based gaming

snesfreak

Banned
companies make mistakes /shrug. just like nintendo thinking that they could go another gen with cartridge based gaming
The thing with the SNES CD system was on Sony though, they tried to sneak some shit into the contracts for it and Nintendo said fuck that.
I think that's how it happened, I haven't read up on it in a while and my memory is bad.

The N64 though, Nintendo fucked that up.
Carts, the way they handled third parties, making the system hard to develop for.
Nintendo could have stopped Sony from beating them if they hadn't had their heads up their asses.
In b4 shocked reactions from people who never thought they see me say things like that about Nintendo.

jakncoke

Banned
The thing with the SNES CD system was on Sony though, they tried to sneak some shit into the contracts for it and Nintendo said fuck that.
I think that's how it happened, I haven't read up on it in a while and my memory is bad.

Carts, the way they handled third parties, making the system hard to develop for.
Nintendo could have stopped Sony from beating them if they hadn't had their heads up their asses.
In b4 shocked reactions from people who never thought they see me say things like that about Nintendo.

Yeah. I think it was Sony wanted all the royalties from the games that broke that deal apart.

I'm really surprised that I haven't been banned yet.

squicken

I kind of get the suspicion that Drew Brees wants to get out of NO but doesn't want ot llok like the bad guy.

-He tried to get himself excepted from the tag as part of the CBA, but had to relent as the PR would look bad if he held up the deal for all players.

-The Saints are offering him Manning/Brady money so it's not like they aren't serious about resigning him

-He's having the union file the bad-faith grievance on his behalf so he won't look like the bad guy

-He's really going over the top in his protestations with the bounty stuff. Over-selling it imo

I think like any normal human being he doesn't want anything to do with living in New Orleans. Same with Sean Payton. I think the long term plan is for both of those guys to bolt to Dallas after Garrett and Romo are given their last chance.

The only reason I think Brees is overselling the bounty stuff is because he's the player rep and he looks like a jackass by not being on top of the whole situation.

Fox318

I kind of get the suspicion that Drew Brees wants to get out of NO but doesn't want ot llok like the bad guy.

-He tried to get himself excepted from the tag as part of the CBA, but had to relent as the PR would look bad if he held up the deal for all players.

-The Saints are offering him Manning/Brady money so it's not like they aren't serious about resigning him

-He's having the union file the bad-faith grievance on his behalf so he won't look like the bad guy

-He's really going over the top in his protestations with the bounty stuff. Over-selling it imo

I think like any normal human being he doesn't want anything to do with living in New Orleans. Same with Sean Payton. I think the long term plan is for both of those guys to bolt to Dallas after Garrett and Romo are given their last chance.
Oh God.

Brees and Payton with Jerry

let it go

squicken

Oh God.

Brees and Payton with Jerry

There was a minor dust-up a few years back b/c Payton's family didn't like living in New Orleans (and again, who would?), and moved back to Dallas. Payton initially was going to commute but settled on a temporary residence while the season was going on to quiet the wet-haired masses.

And what player or coach doesn't want to wear that star? Quarterback for The Dallas Cowboys is the most glamorous position in all of sports

eznark

Banned
Cowboys arent America's Team anymore.

I think that title could be given to a few teams now.

Even if they were, does anyone in here believe that Cowboys quarterbacks are glamorous and automatically get special star treatments anymore? I mean what the fuck? Quincy Carter, international man of glamour? Tony Romo, the infallible and unflappable glamour boy who is never criticized? Chad Hutchinson, King of the World after his stint as Cowboys starter. A launch pad for superstardom.

Come on.

squicken

I think it once was, not so much anymore. I'd put the Patriots/Packers/Jets above them.

Think about how much press Romo and The Cowboys get for a team that barely makes/misses the playoffs every year. If Brees won a SB in Dallas he would be all the Mannings x Brady in terms of popularity. Tebow is excluded obviously. Nothing is like Tebow.

I'd take Catcher/Center Field/Ace/or 1B over that.
u2RPf.png

? I'm pretty sure you are joking but I'm not always so good with sarcasm

bionic77

Cowboys arent America's Team anymore.

I think that title could be given to a few teams now.
Americas team has always been and always will be the Steelers (this dates back to the earliest records we have, going all the way back to the 70s).

We are everywhere.

Everyone elses popularity is just a short term product of bandwagoning.

Americas team has always been and always will be the Steelers (this dates back to the earliest records we have, going all the way back to the 70s).

We are everywhere.

Everyone elses popularity is just a short term product of bandwagoning.

Steelers fans are everywhere,its like a plague.

eznark

Banned
Think about how much press Romo and The Cowboys get for a team that barely makes/misses the playoffs every year. If Brees won a SB in Dallas he would be all the Mannings x Brady in terms of popularity. Tebow is excluded obviously. Nothing is like Tebow.

Romo is focused on not because he is the Cowboys quarterback but because of his impeccable ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. His constant failures under pressure are what draw people to him. That and he was fucking the tabloid flavor of the week, which is what got him most of his press. After the Simpson thing, his press died down rapidly.

bionic77

Won't it be hilarious if Romo has more success as a pro golfer on the senior tour than he does as a pro football player?

Cowboy fans may never get a SB with Romo, but at least they might get to see Romo win a few minor Senior tour events and know that if it were not for their team subsidizing his golf practices that dream would have died a long time ago.

Top Bottom