• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Fox318

Think about how much press Romo and The Cowboys get for a team that barely makes/misses the playoffs every year. If Brees won a SB in Dallas he would be all the Mannings x Brady in terms of popularity. Tebow is excluded obviously. Nothing is like Tebow.

? I'm pretty sure you are joking but I'm not always so good with sarcasm

cXPr6.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
Am I missing something? Are you laughing at your own post?

If I am not missing the joke you need to punish yourself and spend an entire hour watching highlights of the 2001 and 04 AFC Championships.

I won't tolerate that behavior from a fellow Steelers fan.

You haven't seen the million times where people confuse dutch patriot as a german even though his fucking name has "dutch" in it lol

eznark

Banned
Speaking of stuck in the past. You with a retired player getting married in the 50s, and eznark getting all excited about titles that preceded the huddle

Yes, since then the Packers have yet to win a Super Bowl. Always intelligent, squicks. Have you picked a team for 2012 yet or are you still waiting on the pre-season outcomes?

Most glamorous position in all sports is USC Quarterback. "Most Glamorours" anything isn't going to be in Dallas
Jesus, your post with a piece of poop was more intelligent that this.

I kind of get the suspicion that Drew Brees wants to get out of NO but doesn't want ot llok like the bad guy.

-He tried to get himself excepted from the tag as part of the CBA, but had to relent as the PR would look bad if he held up the deal for all players.

-The Saints are offering him Manning/Brady money so it's not like they aren't serious about resigning him

-He's having the union file the bad-faith grievance on his behalf so he won't look like the bad guy

-He's really going over the top in his protestations with the bounty stuff. Over-selling it imo

I think like any normal human being he doesn't want anything to do with living in New Orleans. Same with Sean Payton. I think the long term plan is for both of those guys to bolt to Dallas after Garrett and Romo are given their last chance.

I think Brees is mad at the Saints due to him possibly being tagged 3 times. I actually think he has a good point. The rules say you can only be franchised twice, but the Saints are using a loop hole to get around that. If I was the QB that won the SB for a team I would be pissed if they used a loop hole to pay me less.

bionic77

You haven't seen the million times where people confuse dutch patriot as a german even though his fucking name has "dutch" in it lol
Its poor form to laugh at your own posts.

I expect this of a Texans/Colts fan who is sexually attracted to the qb for the Cowboys, but I don't expect that behavior from a Steelers fan.

Fox318

Speaking of stuck in the past. You with a retired player getting married in the 50s, and eznark getting all excited about titles that preceded the huddle

Playing baseball for ANY team in the northeast is more glamorous than the Cowboys.

Hell playing QB for the 49ers is 10X more status worthy than being the QB of the Cowboys.

jakncoke

Banned
Its poor form to laugh at your own posts.

I expect this of a Texans/Colts fan who is sexually attracted to the qb for the Cowboys, but I don't expect that behavior from a Steelers fan.

Gotta point of the inside jokes in the outside world mang. Hardly any of us venture out this thread!

squicken

I think Brees is mad at the Saints due to him possibly being tagged 3 times. I actually think he has a good point. The rules say you can only be franchised twice, but the Saints are using a loop hole to get around that. If I was the QB that won the SB for a team I would be pissed if they used a loop hole to pay me less.

But they aren't just franchising him and not making an offer. They are trying to pay him almost $20m a year. He for whatever reason wants nothing to do with that and wants to be a UFA. That's not what players that are happy where they do

And I think it's okay to franchise a guy multiple times, it just costs more. The problem is the language is vague

“Any Club that designates a player as a Franchise Player for the third time ….”

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/36289/drew-brees-ruling-key-to-contract-talks

Sanjuro

Playing baseball for ANY team in the northeast is more glamorous than the Cowboys.

Hell playing QB for the 49ers is 10X more status worthy than being the QB of the Cowboys.

I agree with the northeast, mostly. Certainly in other sports.

Disagree with the Cowboys QB position.

Really disagree with the notion 49ers QB is 10X more status worthy.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I think of it like this.

Romo is the QB for the Cowboys and he gets a lot of press but he's actually really good.

Sanchez is the QB for the Jets and he gets a lot of press and publicity and he's terrible.

I'd say that being a QB in New York is probably more glamorous than being a Dallas QB.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
With Peyton Manning aboard, Broncos receivers actually have to learn routes now:

Demaryius Thomas has been a wide receiver in the NFL for two years now, and evidently hasn't spent a lot of time learning to run routes. I guess it's not all that necessary when you're watching for Kyle Orton or Tim Tebow to deliver you the football.

Via Sports Radio Interviews, Thomas told 790 The Zone in Atlanta that now that Peyton Manning is in town, the Denver receivers are going to have to bone up on their route tree a little bit.

"To get to play with a future Hall of Famer, I knew I had to step my game up and get in my book more, run routes more, because I never really ran routes much. So I thought it was gonna be a challenge, and it has been so far. But it's been good, too."

"You're gonna have to run the whole route tree now. The comebacks, the slants, the posts, the ins. And I didn't have to do that much when I was my first couple of years in the league."

Wow. Two years in the league, and he "never really ran routes much"?

What were Broncos practices like before Peyton Manning? Everyone splits into their individual groups, and the receivers all run over to the receivers coach and ask, "Hey coach, what are we working on today?" And then the receivers coach looks over and sees Tim Tebow launching footballs into the fourth row and says, "I really don't think it matters, boys."

No more of that with Peyton Manning, though. It makes me wonder about Manning's 2012, and whether he'll be close to the same quarterback he was in Indianapolis. Even putting aside the doubts about his neck and his ability to take a hit, there are a lot of question marks there. He had such good rapport with the receivers in Indy throughout his career, and now it's like he's starting from scratch.

Thomas is probably the most physically talented receiver on the Denver roster, so getting his routes precise will be important. Manning's going to have to have a lot of patience with his young receivers.

But they aren't just franchising him and not making an offer. They are trying to pay him almost $20m a year. He for whatever reason wants nothing to do with that and wants to be a UFA. That's not what players that are happy where they do

And I think it's okay to franchise a guy multiple times, it just costs more. The problem is the language is vague

“Any Club that designates a player as a Franchise Player for the third time ….”

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/36289/drew-brees-ruling-key-to-contract-talks

If I was the face of a franchise and my team let it get to the point of a hearing over $4m I would be very pissed. It seems like the Saints are trying to go cheap. Brees should be the highest paid player in the NFL, it never should have even gotten to this point. I think you are right that he doesnt want to be there but I think it is because the Saints have tried to get him for less from day one, and not because Brees has a hard on for the Cowboys like you do.

Fox318

I think of it like this.

Romo is the QB for the Cowboys and he gets a lot of press but he's actually really good.

Sanchez is the QB for the Jets and he gets a lot of press and publicity and he's terrible.

I'd say that being a QB in New York is probably more glamorous than being a Dallas QB.

In his first 2 years Sanchez has more playoff wins than the Cowboys have had since 1997.

Mark Sanchez could retire now and he will have more playoff wins than the cowboys will have until 2058.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'd never use "really good" to describe Tony Romo. He does have a better palette than Sanchez, easily.

Statistically he's top 10 fairly easily. Not really ever a top 5 quarterback except for in 2007.

The problem is that the Cowboys on the whole are a dysfunctional team which is fine by me!

jakncoke

Banned
In his first 2 years Sanchez has more playoff wins than the Cowboys have had since 1997.

Mark Sanchez could retire now and he will have more playoff wins than the cowboys will have until 2058.

At the end of the day though, he's still Mark Sanchez. insta lose

Sanjuro

Oh, don't start with the small victories thing. Do you actually still believe Rex Ryan is the best Jets coach of all time?

Statistically he's top 10 fairly easily. Not really ever a top 5 quarterback except for in 2007.

The problem is that the Cowboys on the whole are a dysfunctional team which is fine by me!

That's the problem. He has been silencing his haters (me) slowly, just still needs to step it up when it counts.

Romo puts up big numbers but he also fucks up at the end of games, and his record in December/January is terrible. Not to put any stock in the NFLN top 100 list but Romo came in 91st even with all the press he gets.

eznark

Banned
Oh, don't start with the small victories thing. Do you actually still believe Rex Ryan is the best Jets coach of all time?

He probably is, but so what? The Jets are a garbage franchise with garbage coaches (and a few good coaches who were shit with the Jets). Congrats, you're the best Jets coach. Enjoy this tallest midget record in Guinness.

Sanjuro

He probably is, but so what? The Jets are a garbage franchise with garbage coaches (and a few good coaches who were shit with the Jets). Congrats, you're the best Jets coach. Enjoy this tallest midget record in Guinness.

I once thought Francona was the best Red Sox manager of all time. Now I know he is just drug abusing scum who isn't even worthy of holding Bobby V's wrap.

squicken

If I was the face of a franchise and my team let it get to the point of a hearing over $4m I would be very pissed. It seems like the Saints are trying to go cheap. Brees should be the highest paid player in the NFL, it never should have even gotten to this point. I think you are right that he doesnt want to be there but I think it is because the Saints have tried to get him for less from day one, and not because Brees has a hard on for the Cowboys like you do.

No one hated the 90s Cowboys or Michael Jordan (or so I thought) more than me. But I can appreciate the greatness.

Brees is from Texas and still lives there. Every football player in Texas dreams of playing for The University of Oklahoma collegiately and then professionally for The Cowboys. Josh Heupel hurt his arm and isn't there to stand in the way of his dreams now.

bionic77

No one hated the 90s Cowboys or Michael Jordan (or so I thought) more than me. But I can appreciate the greatness.

Brees is from Texas and still lives there. Every football player in Texas dreams of playing for The University of Oklahoma collegiately and then professionally for The Cowboys. Josh Heupel hurt his arm and isn't there to stand in the way of his dreams now.
Now you are starting to make some sense!

jakncoke

Banned

Texas high school players want Oklahoma over Texas more?

To be fair, It wouldn't surprise me if Squicken was right about Brees wanting to be a Cowboy. Seems like a douchy thing to do so it should be right up Brees alley. It's the Cowboys Quarterback prestige part I disagree with.

bionic77

Did I successfully convince anyone to listen to the Champs podcast?

The most recent one with Charlie Murphy was probably one of the funniest things I have ever heard. The story about the cupcakes in prison almost had me in tears. Also taught me some other really valuable lessons (i.e. never put your dick on another man's cheek).

Sanjuro

yeah its pretty bad going in as well. but i was hungry and my gf for whatever the fuck reason in her crazy girl mind was craving it.

I've been craving Quiznos for some odd reason lately. There are none left in my area and I never particularly liked them either.

jakncoke

Banned
I thought you and your girlfriend broke up?

Not yet. But if she doesn't come around to moving in with me soon I'm just going to do everything thing in my power to push her away. Or I could just instant break up with her. I really don't know. I wish I didn't need pussy. I would stop talking to girls instantly. Fucking crazy humans.

Did I successfully convince anyone to listen to the Champs podcast?

The most recent one with Charlie Murphy was probably one of the funniest things I have ever heard. The story about the cupcakes in prison almost had me in tears. Also taught me some other really valuable lessons (i.e. never put your dick on another man's cheek).

I actually downloaded that one, but I haven't listened yet, but I was all in once I heard Neil Brennan. I drive an hour each way for work, and I need more to suppliment my morning commute. In the afternoons, I listen to The Mike O'Meara Show, which comes out daily. He used to have a pretty big radio show called Don and Mike.

I need a good sports podcast. Other than the BS Report, they all sound so poor. I'm not an audiophile, but the audio quality is important. I don't want AM Radio.

Not yet. But if she doesn't come around to moving in with me soon I'm just going to do everything thing in my power to push her away. Or I could just instant break up with her. I really don't know. I wish I didn't need pussy. I would stop talking to girls instantly. Fucking crazy humans.

Funny thing about pussy; there's lots of it around.

bionic77

I actually downloaded that one, but I haven't listened yet, but I was all in once I heard Neil Brennan. I drive an hour each way for work, and I need more to suppliment my morning commute. In the afternoons, I listen to The Mike O'Meara Show, which comes out daily. He used to have a pretty big radio show called Don and Mike.

I need a good sports podcast. Other than the BS Report, they all sound so poor. I'm not an audiophile, but the audio quality is important. I don't want AM Radio.
There are not a lot of good sports podcasts. BS Report is ok depending on the guest. NFL Today is decent for recent football news and analysis, but it is slim ass pickings in the offseason.

My two favorite podcasts though are the Champs and Tested (excellent tech podcast). I throw in some Joe Rogan as well because I travel a fuckton and I need something to listen to, but his podcast is hit or miss. Don't miss any of his with Joey Diaz though. That guy is hilarious.

Top Bottom