• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

That's an interesting system.

Over here, in most states we pay nothing for public universities. There's a loan system for living expenses though, where you only have to pay back parts of it once you start earning money.

You get extra here if you live on yourself to compensate for that. You can borrow extra stuff for like a crazy low interest rate.

eznark

Banned
I saw similar opinions in the OT. It's interesting how some completely hate it after a certain point and some held on and said it was still decent. I guess I'll just have to see how it goes.

Some people still defend Lost and Heroes and Community too.

Know when to stop.

Will there be a simple low level fantasy football thing here on GAF coming season? I've played once, but should be more fun to kick all your asses.

That final episode was abysmal though, so I stopped after that. I rarely watch a complete series just because. It has to earn my attention each season.

seemed like they didn't have the budget to do some of the fight scenes justice. go watch the final fight in Chronicle if you want to see what that fight SHOULD have been

squicken

season 1 of heroes was good

I thought the last two episodes of S1 were so much of a letdown, and then the teaser with Sulu in Samurai getup, that I never even thought of watching S2.

I honestly don't remember the chronology of storylines in BSG after 33. I think maybe half of all episodes after that featured someone poorly acting sloppy drunk, crying, punching a wall or mirror or someone else, then falling down and crying more.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Fuck you guys. You and those thugs from Creighton were the reasons my Heels weren't the champions this year :(
Ui9Tk.jpg

Fuck that, I paid 5K a semester at MSU. Fuck the state of Michigan
Agreed.
You serious, bruh? Steelers 2. Colts 1. Steelers have won 2 since the last Pats cheatory.
fixed
I saw similar opinions in the OT. It's interesting how some completely hate it after a certain point and some held on and said it was still decent. I guess I'll just have to see how it goes.
They went on some goofy trips before they got a solid schedule nailed down. It's a problem with pretty much every tv show. They don't know when it's going to end, so they just start milking. When they got an end date, it smoothed out.

brentech

That final episode was abysmal though, so I stopped after that. I rarely watch a complete series just because. It has to earn my attention each season.

I continued well into the second season, then went sour on it myself. They got too many people and went the wrong direction with the show --- I believe the creator now admits that.

I still like Community. Absolutely no real plot, kind of like Seinfeld. You never know what's coming next. Yea yea, I'm not saying it's as classic as Seinfeld, just the way they've taken it since the first season. They found out that it's just better if the core of the show is about nothing.

Ænima

OH GOD DAMN I FORGOT THE KRAFT TREACHERY!!

He got Goodell to give him a London "road" game versus the Rams. We would have had a chance if that game was in STL . . .
Looking at the international games, I have to laugh at how shameless the NFL is in forcing the less premier franchises to lose a home game. I didn't even realize that the Rams are now losing one home game 3 years in a row. Lol.

Cardinals @ Niners
Giants @ Dolphins
Chargers @ Saints
Pats @ Bucs
Broncos @ Niners
Bears @ Bucs
Pats @ Rams
??? @ Rams
??? @ Rams

The only "big" franchise that has gotten screwed is the Niners, and they are borderline premier at best.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Explain regular keeper league? I've only ever done redrafts, but would like to do a keeper/dynasty

You get to keep a certain amount of players from the previous year. There are a bunch of variants on how keepers work, but I'm a fan of the two-round rule as it has a major impact on draft strategy: you can keep any player on your roster but it will cost you a draft pick two rounds higher than the original draft round of that player. So someone you chose in the 3rd round last season would cost you this season's first round pick.

This would mean players selected in the first two rounds either can't be kept (I prefer this option), or would mean the loss of multiple draft picks (up to each particular league to determine how to sort it out for that case).

So the system rewards the savvy drafter who may be able to keep sleeper picks chosen late cheap, yet still keep the obvious high profile players available for everyone (if you go by the "noone in first 2 rounds can be kept" version).

This doesn't apply to auction-style drafts, obviously.

Explain regular keeper league? I've only ever done redrafts, but would like to do a keeper/dynasty

Instead of a straight rookie draft, everyone designate a number of players to keep, and you draft from the players left over. You lose draft picks based on where you drafted your keepers though.

squicken

Ænima;39454025 said:
Looking at the international games, I have to laugh at how shameless the NFL is in forcing the less premier franchises to lose a home game. I didn't even realize that the Rams are now losing one home game 3 years in a row. Lol.

The only "big" franchise that has gotten screwed is the Niners, and they are borderline premier at best.

Don't know about the others, but the Bucs and Rams volunteered for it. In fact, the Jags supposedly offer 5 years of going to London, but Goodell wants Kahn to make the appearance of trying to make in work in JAX.

Rooney and Kraft have said they might start playing 2 or 3 games a year overseas. The Euro countries most receptive to US Football so far are England and Germany. Supposedly they are making inroads in Ireland, Scotland, and Holland. Kraft wants a team or teams overseas within a decade

Ænima

Don't know about the others, but the Bucs and Rams volunteered for it. In fact, the Jags supposedly offer 5 years of going to London, but Goodell wants Kahn to make the appearance of trying to make in work in JAX.

Rooney and Kraft have said they might start playing 2 or 3 games a year overseas. The Euro countries most receptive to US Football so far are England and Germany. Supposedly they are making inroads in Ireland, Scotland, and Holland. Kraft wants a team or teams overseas within a decade
Ah I see. I thought it was the NFL screwing teams over. I didn't realize it was owners screwing over their own fans and season ticket holders.

squicken

Ænima;39454686 said:
Ah I see. I thought it was the NFL screwing teams over. I didn't realize it was owners screwing over their own fans and season ticket holders.

The Rams think it will expand their "global presence". Obviously that game will benefit the Pats "brand" more than the Rams. Kroenke has talked of the league having a grown ups table and little kids table. And it's clear there are certain teams that have all the clout, and he wants to be one of those teams.

It really stinks for the fans as this is probably the last chance for people in STL to see one of the best players in history

Well obviously when the league says "growth" that could just mean interest is growing from "none" to "more than none"

Tell me of your people, Dutchie. Why is Holland used to refer to The Netherlands when it's just a region of the country? And why the wooden shoes?

'My people': Sober folk, levelheaded, like to complain, claim to be really openminded but they really aren't. Not really a open bunch of people, start a conversation with a random person and they look at you weird. Walk into a store and the salesperson won't start a conversation with you like in the US. But overall they're good people.

Not sure why they call it Holland to be fair (besides the fact that it's the most important part of the Netherlands). Funny thing is some foreigners think it's an insult to call it Holland, but at soccer games, the Dutchies shout 'HOLLAND', but maybe only we can call it that.

Wooden shoes, don't know really. Country mostly consisted of farmers, so cheap wooden shoes must have made sense back then. Nobody wears them anymore as far as I know.

squicken

'My people': Sober folk, levelheaded, like to complain, claim to be really openminded but they really aren't. Not really a open bunch of people, start a conversation with a random person and they look at you weird. Walk into a store and the salesperson won't start a conversation with you like in the US. But overall they're good people.

Not sure why they call it Holland to be fair (besides the fact that it's the most important part of the Netherlands). Funny thing is some foreigners think it's an insult to call it Holland, but at soccer games, the Dutchies shout 'HOLLAND', but maybe only we can call it that.

Wooden shoes, don't know really. Country mostly consisted of farmers, so cheap wooden shoes must have made sense back then. Nobody wears them anymore as far as I know.

Yeah I wiki'd it and the UK travel guides say "Holland" and "Hollander" are insulting to you people. You guys sell pot all over and have hooker districts. Seems pretty "open" to me.

Lost S6 sucked but it was still worth my investment. The "characters" crap was just their excuse for bad plotting, but it was still great overall. It was so fun those first few seasons with all the mysteries and community interaction, even if the payoffs were mostly lame. The journey was good

Top Bottom