• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Series Finale is legitimately terrible.

This.

BSG is one of my top shows of all time except for the last episode.

I really enjoyed the first season of Lost. I can't believe it lasted as long as it did because the 2nd season was a noticeable drop-off from the 1st.

No one should watch Caprica because it just ends and doesn't really have an ending.

I just finished the first 5 episodes of "Luther" on Netflix. Highly recommended if you're looking for a show to watch.

I saw similar opinions in the OT. It's interesting how some completely hate it after a certain point and some held on and said it was still decent. I guess I'll just have to see how it goes.

Ez is right about the stuff on the planet. But the rescue off the planet is fucking awesome. Then some other crazy shit happens. I thought the finale was "okay" but of course finales in general seem to struggle these days.

Yeah I wiki'd it and the UK travel guides say "Holland" and "Hollander" are insulting to you people. You guys sell pot all over and have hooker districts. Seems pretty "open" to me.

Lost S6 sucked but it was still worth my investment. The "characters" crap was just their excuse for bad plotting, but it was still great overall. It was so fun those first few seasons with all the mysteries and community interaction, even if the payoffs were mostly lame. The journey was good

Maybe it's an insult to people from the other regions when you say Holland. I'm from the Holland part so maybe that is why I don't care or maybe it's just travel guide bullshit.

But yeah, pot is legal, so is prostitution and this was the first country where gay marriage was made legal (At least I think it was), so that's one side of it. But at the same time, a really right party named the PVV (Party For Freedom) is getting a shitton of votes, there is still a lot of racism and a lot of people 'accept' the whole gay thing, but only as long as they don't see it.

The thing is, there are a lot of people here, The Netherlands is one if the most crowded countries in the world per square mile. A lot of those people are foreigners, some from former Dutch colonies, a lot from Turkey, Marocco and for the last couple of years a lot of Polish people.
So it's really crowded with lots of different believes and cultures, and with everything that has been going on in the world, wars in the Middle East, Financial crisis, the current State of the European Union and all that good stuff, all those groups have different views on it and they clash, so they turn to the extremes in politics.

What I'm trying to say, in a really inconclusive bunch of sentences, is that Neverland may be more 'open' than other countries, it's nowhere near as 'open' as they claim to be.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Every other show pales compared to it. Yes, I love Baltimore too much and would be biased if I needed to be, but I don't.

What tripped me out about the Wire is that I used to walk around Baltimore and thought "yeah, this is some ghetto shit." Then I watched the Wire and was like "Huh, I probably almost got my lily-white ass shot a few times."

bionic77

The Wire is the best thing I've ever watched
I can't disagree with that. Perfect show.

But I feel like those shows are still easier to pull off than a sci fi crazy show like Lost or Battlestar Gallatica. I mean you have to make up everything. The dialogue in the Wire is the best I have ever seen but a lot of it is based on things that actually happened or the creators read about.

squicken

But I feel like those shows are still easier to pull off than a sci fi crazy show like Lost or Battlestar Gallatica. I mean you have to make up everything. The dialogue in the Wire is the best I have ever seen but a lot of it is based on things that actually happened or the creators read about.

Actually one of the "easy" things about sci-fi/fantasy is you can get a lot of mileage out of world building even if you can't write plot or characters for shit. I love Neuromancer and Snow Crash, but what is so awesome is the fictionalized settings, and not so much the characters and what happens to them. imo of course. I'm hardly a bookworm or film buff

And yes, The Wire is the best drama I've ever seen. Carver walking away down that hall is a piece of television I'll never forget

The dialogue is what makes the Wire so great to watch random episodes. Every episode has a classic. The other day I turned on a random season five episode. It had
Bunk dropping "How are you not in jail?" to McNulty.
Totally forgot about that whole exchange, and it was great.

bionic77 said:
Season 4 in particular. One of the singular best seasons of a show I've ever watched. No hyperbole there either.

I may be in the minority on this but I'm very partial towards HBO's Carnivale. I loved the slow burn of the first season and the quickened pace of the second season really had me at the edge of my seat. My heart was ripped out when HBO canceled it after the S2 cliffhanger.:(

(same for Deadwood after S3)

eznark

Banned

Not even close. In those shows you're given all kinds of creative license and slack from the fans because it's not "real." You can use garbled and garbage language, make up random shit and never explain it, kill characters and bring them back to life and hey, that's just the universe man.

squicken

people who say that the wire is the greatest show ever are people who haven't seen breaking bad. and this is coming from someone who loved the wire!

Watched 1.5 seasons and got sick of it. I wanted bad things to happen to all of them, which didn't seem like a good reason to watch a show

people who say that the wire is the greatest show ever are people who haven't seen breaking bad. and this is coming from someone who loved the wire!

I've watched Breaking Bad and The Wire, and as good as Breaking Bad is, it's not as good. The dialogue isn't as good. Can you name three Breaking Bad quotes? What about the Wire?

Having said that, I'm real excited to see what they do this season on Breaking Bad.

I've watched Breaking Bad and The Wire, and as good as Breaking Bad is, it's not as good. The dialogue isn't as good. Can you name three Breaking Bad quotes? What about the Wire?

Having said that, I'm real excited to see what they do this season on Breaking Bad.

i'm the one who knocks

i fucked ted

wh wh wh why you gotta be such a bi bi bi bitch!

Radiohead was my favorite modern band. Barely listen to music anymore.

radiohead is a great band but their last album sucked dick. and what a shame that you barely listen to music anymore. there is tons and tons of great new bands that have come out in the past decade if you just keep your eyes open!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Watched all 4 seasons (and loved it). The Wire is better.

squicken

radiohead is a great band but their last album sucked dick. and what a shame that you barely listen to music anymore. there is tons and tons of great new bands that have come out in the past decade if you just keep your eyes open!

Like? And I should take it back a little. I loved The Killers' Hot Fuss but the follow up kind of sucked.

bionic77

When you release something as perfect as the Bends and OK Computer it doesn't matter if you never release anything after it. Man this is going to make me sound old but I still remember leaving Best Buy after buying the cd (kids wiki it) and having my mind blown on the way home.

For whatever reason most music today doesn't connect with me anymore. All I listen to is old shit or the stuff I grew up with in the 80s and 90s. I listened to everything back then. Shitty British pop, Depeche Mode, Prince, MJ, Metallica, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Biggy, etc. I am probably just old but music doesn't seem to be as big of a part of our culture anymore.

Big-E

Will Brees believe this article or will he need more evidence to be convinced?

Wants to see the receipts of the lawyer. I don't mean to take pleasure from someone else's misery but it is hilarious that this happens now though it was probably a long time coming.

Top Bottom