• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

They grow them QBs tough down south (Mannings, Brent). Meanwhile Fraudgers and Tammy are California pansies who respectively concuss easily and blow out their knees from a stiff wind.

squicken

We were discussing doing some barbecue, but why in the world would you stand next to a fire when it's already 110 degree HI?

Is there a non-money GAF league for Fantasy Football this year? I'd love to play with some of you guys but am already in two pay leagues.

krzy123

This Fred Davis trial is pretty hilarous, he's representing himself as a lawyer, and so is the other party.

Anyhow, you’ll note that “December 3, 2012” is a date that hasn’t technically occurred yet, a fact ably noted in court by Chaka, who like Davis is representing herself. Washingtonian provided the dramatic courtroom dialog.

(And please, read every word of every court transcript in this link.)

Chaka: What’s the date of today?

Davis: I don’t know what today is. All I know is I had court today.

Chaka: You don’t know what today’s date is? His document is not even valid.

Davis: What are you talking about? . . .

Chaka: Well, according to your statement, to bullet No. 5, it says that this event happened December 3rd, 2012.

Davis: Okay, and, what about it?

Chaka: Has December 3rd, 2012 even happened yet?

Davis: What?

Chaka: What? That’s the same thing I’m saying, Mr. Davis.

Davis: It was a misprint. Okay, December 3rd, 2011, okay, great.

Emphasis added. So now we have Fred Davis, in court, saying he was out at a club on Dec. 3, 2011. On Dec. 4, 2011, the Redskins hosted the Jets at 1 p.m. at FedEx Field. This was the week before Davis was suspended four games; he played against the Jets, and led Washington with six catches for 99 yards.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...redskins-game/2012/07/03/gJQAwRHrKW_blog.html

this is even better ..

http://www.washingtonian.com/blogs/...attorney-at-law-the-courtroom-transcripts.php

Chaka cross-examination of Davis, April 10, 2012

Davis: But as it shows, you also have your hands on his genitals. I mean, why would you take a picture like that?

Chaka: I do not. Let’s look closely at the exhibit right here, Judge. Where is my hand placed in this exhibit?

Judge: I don’t answer questions, Ms. Chaka.

Chaka: Oh, sorry.

Judge: The witness does.

Chaka: Can you tell me where my hand is actually at in this photo?

Davis: It looks like it’s in the genitals to me. I mean your hands are on his genitals. Your hand is on his—

Chaka: Objection.

Fox318

I had a weird relationship with Steve Young as a kid.

On one hand, I was supposed to hate him. On the other hand, I loved watching him play. But he didn't compare to my based God:
t_19417_07.jpg

I hate Elway. Jets would have won 2 super bowls had it not been for him.

bionic77

Big Ben is Elway reincarnated, except better.

Hopefully when he retires we don't make him our GM and he can go to some other team and ruin their shit. It would be awesome if the Pats hired him and he wrecked that franchise like a drunk college co-ed.

Milchjon

Big Ben is Elway reincarnated, except better.

Hopefully when he retires we don't make him our GM and he can go to some other team and ruin their shit. It would be awesome if the Pats hired him and he wrecked that franchise like a drunk college co-ed.

Why would they hire someone who's probably legally retarded when they could just keep their own fair prince?

bionic77

Why would they hire someone who's probably legally retarded when they could just keep their own fair prince?
Being retarded is usually a bad thing in life, but it doesn't hold you back in sports. Not on the field or in management.

Probably unlikely that Ben will run the Pats but a man can dream. Maybe Kraft will let his kids run the team in another 10 years and they might be as dumb as the Yorks and might be blinded by Ben's 4 SB rings and just hire him on based on his legendary career as a qb.

It would give me great pleasure to see Ben run that team into the ground.

squicken

I used to think baseball had the dumbest GMs, with all the money they threw at middling players. But I guess they took all the jocks out of the FOs and put in the math nerds, so it's not quite as awful.

Basketball seems to have taken the lead with terrible GMs. It's like they never ponder the notion that doing nothing is sometimes better than whatever dumb idea pops in their head

jakncoke

Banned
I used to think baseball had the dumbest GMs, with all the money they threw at middling players. But I guess they took all the jocks out of the FOs and put in the math nerds, so it's not quite as awful.

Basketball seems to have taken the lead with terrible GMs. It's like they never ponder the notion that doing nothing is sometimes better than whatever dumb idea pops in their head

you mean giving max contracts to average players isnt the best for teh team. while i never...

If you are not a championship team then staying pat isnt going to get you to that level. I do agree though that lots of NBA team will throw money at bad players that dont help their team.

squicken

Basketball also has the highest percentage of ex-players sitting in FOs...

I think that's what finally helped baseball. I mean they still give out awful contracts, but at least they have stopped doing $8m/yr deals to light hitting SS. Key was getting the "baseball" people out of the process.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-look-for-witnesses-to-aldon-smith-stabbing/

Per Barrows, the authorities who responded to the incident had no luck. Despite the presence of so many people at the remote home that Santa Clara County deputies obtained backup from San Jose police and the California Highway Patrol, none gave any information about what happened.

It’s unknown whether and to what extent Smith has cooperated or will cooperate with the investigation. Even though his injuries weren’t serious, he was stabbed with a knife — which in most jurisdictions amounts to a crime.

Comments are worth a brief gander

bionic77

Android 4.1 is awesome.
8% of Android users upgrade to 4.0, do you think that they will get to double digits on 4.1?

My wife is considering going to Android this winter. She prefers it to iOS, but I won't let her get anything other than a Nexus phone because the support otherwise is a complete and total joke.

Fox318

8% of Android users upgrade to 4.0, do you think that they will get to double digits on 4.1?

My wife is considering going to Android this winter. She prefers it to iOS, but I won't let her get anything other than a Nexus phone because the support otherwise is a complete and total joke.
the only android phone you should get is a nexus device.

bionic77

Remember the good ol' days when the NFC used to wipe it's ass with the AFC?
That period sucked unless you were a fan of one of the NFC powerhouses.

Probably sucked most for the Eagles because in the 80s and 90s all of the teams in that division won Superbowls except the Eagles.

the only android phone you should get is a nexus device.
I know that and so do most people who are not tech retards, but most people don't know that and just buy whatever is sold to them by their carrier. Most of them don't know how to use Google marketplace or that they can upgrade their phones.

Google has a long way to go in educating the average person.

squicken

Goodell in letter to players: "None of you has offered any evidence that would warrant reconsideration of your suspensions."

@AlbertBreer

Top Bottom