• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Talon

I need to see this so called "evidence"
drew-brees.jpg

squicken said:
http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/07/03/c...-elis-arrived/

Cosell has his writeup on Eli. I guess I didn't know he had never missed a game. Peyton had that 10 year streak of never missing a game as well. Unreal genetics. Archie should have put himself out to stud
Nice write-up. Agree with his points on Eli's maturation as a QB and I would say another aspect which ties into the pocket awareness and mobility point is that Eli was much more willing to simply take a sack in 2011 as opposed to trying to make something out of it. He would get in trouble with those quick left hand passes or being rushed backwards and throwing off balance in the past. He was sacked far more in 2011 than he was on a per season basis the three years prior but it helped to reduce some of those dumb decision throws...

minx

"To this point, one of the more interesting parts of Ron Jaworski's QB Countdown Series has been the distance he put between the Detroit Lions' Matthew Stafford and the Chicago Bears' Jay Cutler.

ESPN.com blog editors alerted you last week to Stafford's ranking at No. 14 in the NFL. Tuesday, I can tell you that Cutler is checking in at No. 8. Here's a portion Jaworski's thoughts on him:
Cutler"Physically, Cutler is as talented as any quarterback in the NFL. He’s a power thrower with good accuracy. He has deceptive athleticism and movement. Not many bring the skill that Cutler has. …

"Cutler is a big-time arm talent. One part of his game that I really like is his ability to step up in the pocket and drive the ball at the intermediate and deeper levels. He's an aggressive and confident downfield thrower. There's no hesitation at all. He turns it loose. He intuitively understands the NFL passing game. He knows when you get man coverage it’s on the receivers to win. Cutler's going to throw the ball.

"Cutler has shown he can take over games. He did that against the Eagles on Monday Night last year. I remember it very well. When he went down after the Bears' 10th game, the offense crumbled. …

"A couple of things about Cutler that still need to be addressed. His ball location can be a little erratic at times, and his red-zone efficiency must improve. Last season was his best in four years. He did not throw a red zone interception, but in the three previous seasons Cutler threw 13. That is not acceptable.

"Overall, I'm absolutely wowed by Cutler's ability to throw the football, even going back to his college career at Vanderbilt. Sure, he's exhibited some inconsistency in his six years in the NFL. He must clean up some poor decision-making tendencies. Of course he has to do that. But, if he can he will move into my top five."

Haters gonna hate.

squicken stopped posting at like 23. What's the list look like 22 and below?

A couple of things about Cutler that still need to be addressed. His ball location can be a little erratic at times, and his red-zone efficiency must improve. Last season was his best in four years. He did not throw a red zone interception, but in the three previous seasons Cutler threw 13. That is not acceptable.
cutler-redzone.png

Cutler has more power in his throws, but he will never be able to match Staffords accuracy and touch. The only reason I can see for ranking Cutler higher is because he has more seasons to judge him by and because Stafford has so far been injury prone. Unfortunately players don't go from being injury prone to not being injury prone. If it wasn't for Staffords injury history I would take him over all but maybe 3 or 4 other QB's in the NFL.

squicken stopped posting at like 23. What's the list look like 22 and below?

I want to know too. Freeman was ranked at 18 and I feel like I need to know who was ranked higher than him so I can bitch about it.

squicken

"To this point, one of the more interesting parts of Ron Jaworski's QB Countdown Series has been the distance he put between the Detroit Lions' Matthew Stafford and the Chicago Bears' Jay Cutler.

Haters gonna hate.

I'm definitely with Jaws on that. Cutler is awesome and Fatford get a lot of mileage on just throwing up in the air to CJ. If the Bears just had a semi competent FO he'd be a top 5 guy.

Nice write-up. Agree with his points on Eli's maturation as a QB and I would say another aspect which ties into the pocket awareness and mobility point is that Eli was much more willing to simply take a sack in 2011 as opposed to trying to make something out of it. He would get in trouble with those quick left hand passes or being rushed backwards and throwing off balance in the past. He was sacked far more in 2011 than he was on a per season basis the three years prior but it helped to reduce some of those dumb decision throws...

It's funny how much Boston fans whine about that Tyree catch. And as lucky as that was, the pass to Manningham was just as great in terms sliding in the pocket and placing it absolutely perfectly.

edit: I stopped posting them b/c no one seemed that interested in them

I can't disagree with that. Perfect show.

But I feel like those shows are still easier to pull off than a sci fi crazy show like Lost or Battlestar Gallatica. I mean you have to make up everything. The dialogue in the Wire is the best I have ever seen but a lot of it is based on things that actually happened or the creators read about.

The wire is perfect if you ignore the last season.

Cutler has more power in his throws, but he will never be able to match Staffords accuracy and touch. The only reason I can see for ranking Cutler higher is because he has more seasons to judge him by and because Stafford has so far been injury prone. Unfortunately players don't go from being injury prone to not being injury prone. If it wasn't for Staffords injury history I would take him over all but maybe 3 or 4 other QB's in the NFL.

I want to know too. Freeman was ranked at 18 and I feel like I need to know who was ranked higher than him so I can bitch about it.

Alex >>>>>>>>>>>>>> freeman. Suck it down bucs fans!

squicken said:
It's funny how much Boston fans whine about that Tyree catch. And as lucky as that was, the pass to Manningham was just as great in terms sliding in the pocket and placing it absolutely perfectly.
Yep. As much as I love the escape and heave to Tyree - the catch itself was magic, destiny, luck whatever you want to call it. The Manningham throw and catch was skill and the throw was better than the catch, IMO.

squicken said:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...s-qb-countdown
Thanks!

minx

I'm definitely with Jaws on that. Cutler is awesome and Fatford get a lot of mileage on just throwing up in the air to CJ. If the Bears just had a semi competent FO he'd be a top 5 guy.

Stafford threw the ball 663 times last season. He threw for 5,038. The NFL record for pass attempts in a season is 691 just 28 more passes than Stafford threw.

1. Drew Brees: 5,476 yards in 2011 657 attempts
2. Tom Brady: 5,235 yards in 2011 611 attempts
3. Dan Marino: 5,084 yards in 1984 564 attempts
4. Drew Brees: 5,069 yards in 2008 635 attempts
5. Matthew Stafford: 5,038 yards in 2011 663 attempts

I think the combination of a dome, throwing the ball 663 times and Calvin Johnson will help a lot in netting 5,000 yards. Stafford threw the ball A LOT last year. Cutler is never going to put it 5000 yards because the Bears actually have a good running game.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Goodell's letter is a fun read.

Although you claimed to have been ‘wrongfully accused with insufficient evidence,’ your lawyers elected not to ask a single question of the principal investigators, both of whom were present at the hearing (as your lawyers had requested); you elected not to testify or to make any substantive statement, written or oral, in support of your appeal; you elected not to call a single witness to support your appeal; and you elected not to introduce a single exhibit addressing the merits of your appeal. Instead, your lawyers raised a series of jurisdictional and procedural objections that generally ignore the CBA, in particular its provisions governing ‘conduct detrimental’ determinations.

Remember the good ol' days when the NFC used to wipe it's ass with the AFC?
Where have you been these last few years son ?

Not that we've been totally dominant but the NFC is the stronger division for the past few years and probably will continue to.

Slo

If we take away those Cheatriot SBs that Bionic is always talking about, I guess the AFC really is toilet paper this last 10 years or so. Good times are here again!

Striker

AFC was a total shitpool last year. Giants weren't a great team but no teams in the AFC could really say they were any better.

Top Bottom