• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Horrible title change!

OBJ06.jpg

Canuck76

Banned
lol yeah i'm terrified of sam. and when has he flashed the ability to be better than alex? when has he even flashed the ability to be equal to the alex of 2009/2010?

Oh hahahahaha oh wow.

Love the balls on this kid. Don't get to depressed when San Fran goes back to sucking and doesn't make the playoffs. Alex could very well be the last or 2nd to last QB in the division this season.

One season and you act like you own the NFC west hahahaha you'll be reading from the book of Flynn by the time the season is over

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
lol at the NBA. Would anything like Pheonix just giving away a player as good as Nash ever happen in the NFL? Let alone to a division rival? Well I guess the Moss thing but it wasn't like a lot of people wanted him. I'm sure every team in the league would like Nash for free

Yeah, but the Lakers gave up two firsts and two seconds. For a 38 year old point guard. Draft picks in the NBA are worthless. I'd trade anybody on the roster for two 1's and two 2's in the NFL.

Oh hahahahaha oh wow.

Love the balls on this kid. Don't get to depressed when San Fran goes back to sucking and doesn't make the playoffs. Alex could very well be the last or 2nd to last QB in the division this season.

One season and you act like you own the NFC west hahahaha you'll be reading from the book of Flynn by the time the season is over

just like most people, you are clueless. flynn is the new kolb. kolb is the old kolb. bradford is fucking garbage. john skelton and tavaris jackson and whoever else you want to name are horrible. we can talk about all the "what ifs" and potential you want, i'm more concerned with what has actually happened and what we actually know. here's what we know about the starting qb's in the division:

flynn - has started 2 games. both games were against some of the worst defenses in the league and playing with the most stacked set of WR's in the league.

kolb - parlayed a flynn-style run of several games into a huge contract. everyone said "oh man the potential is there! wait until he gets his shot!" and here we are with john skelton as arguably the better qb.

bradford - somehow turned a 70 rated rookie season into a media darling. sure enough, fell back to earth last year.

i don't think alex smith is a top 10 qb but if you think there is a better qb in our division you don't know shit about football and should probably have a job at ESPN so you can spout out your nonsense like the rest of the talking heads there

I am really going to miss this brash cocky fmt this year. The thread was a lot more fun to read when you were acting crazy and not being all timid.

By week 6 you will be saying that you wanted Pey Pey and saying that firmhandshake is as bad as pants dropper.

by week 6 we will have already clinched the division (for all intents and purposes) just like last year. you should be more concerned about mr. glass mike vick and your rapidly crumbling team!

but hey once andy reid gets fired midway through the season we can all enjoy the eagles promoting juan castillo to head coach!

by week 6 we will have already clinched the division (for all intents and purposes) just like last year. you should be more concerned about mr. glass mike vick and your rapidly crumbling team!

but hey once andy reid gets fired midway through the season we can all enjoy the eagles promoting juan castillo to head coach!

LOL at Juan keeping his job without Andy being around to save him. He only got a job due to Ried and he will be gone the second Andy is gone. Out side of that I dont disagree that Vick is made of glass. Guy misses several games every year, he still destroys small hands as a QB though. 8 games of the dog killer is better then 16 games of Alex I am afraid to pass to a WR Smith.

squicken

Now that Lurie is getting divorced is it going to end up like the McCourts? Andy could flourish and perhaps even expand his role in a power vacuum.

LOL at Juan keeping his job without Andy being around to save him. He only got a job due to Ried and he will be gone the second Andy is gone. Out side of that I dont disagree that Vick is made of glass. Guy misses several games every year, he still destroys small hands as a QB though. 8 games of the dog killer is better then 16 games of Alex I am afraid to pass to a WR Smith.

hmmm that's weird. alex smith had a better qb rating than mike vick last year and since alex came into the league (2005) he has more playoff victories than mr. mexico. but hey, in mike vicks defense, he is playing with mostly garbage at WR and alex is throwing to djax, maclin and avant while vick has crabtree and who? ted ginn? kyle williams? i'm not sure who mike vicks #2 was last year!

Now that Lurie is getting divorced is it going to end up like the McCourts? Andy could flourish and perhaps even expand his role in a power vacuum.

Ried and Roseman already expanded their roles this offseason. Banner is out and it is just the 2 of them running things. There was a story on the news tonight saying that Luries divorce wont affect the team in any way.

hmmm that's weird. alex smith had a better qb rating than mike vick last year and since alex came into the league (2005) he has more playoff victories than mr. mexico. but hey, in mike vicks defense, he is playing with mostly garbage at WR and alex is throwing to djax, maclin and avant while vick has crabtree and who? ted ginn? kyle williams? i'm not sure who mike vicks #2 was last year!

Vick missed parts of 5 games last year and still had more passing yards then Alexis, more TDs, and totally annihilated him in total yards per game. This is an argument you cant win my friend.

Vick missed parts of 5 games last year and still had more passing yards then Alexis, more TDs, and totally annihilated him in total yards per game. This is an argument you cant win my friend.

no argument to be made. alex smith had more wins and a better rating. you can have all the precious passing yards you want. mike vick put the ball up 32 times PER GAME even with the missed time in 5 games. alex smith put the ball up 27 times per game and played in every game.

if we had an idiot for a coach who didn't know how to win games then maybe alex would be passing all game too. but like i said and will say again, keep making excuses for alex winning games, it's delightful!

It's almost believable when you say you'd rather have Alex over Bradford. But now you are running down Vick?

that's weird. i never said i would take alex over mike vick, only that alex was the better QB last year. i can't make the same distinction for bradford. there is no circumstance that i would take bradford. i would honestly rather roll with kaepernick than bradford. at least with kap there is a chance he could pan out to something good. bradford is damaged garbage

FMT would rather have small hands then any other QB in the NFL, until Harbs replaces him. Then he will talk more shit about Alexis then anyone.

lulz as if i haven't said all along that the key in all of this is harbaugh. that is why i said if alex signed with the dolphins i wasn't too worried. harbaugh will make sure he takes advantage of a qb's abilities so if we had to go with josh johnson or kap or tolzien then so be it. alex has already proven he can succeed with harbaugh. there's nothing wrong with that!

alex is a great fit in our offense but if he went to another offense i doubt he would see the same success

Canuck76

Banned
just like most people, you are clueless. flynn is the new kolb. kolb is the old kolb. bradford is fucking garbage. john skelton and tavaris jackson and whoever else you want to name are horrible. we can talk about all the "what ifs" and potential you want, i'm more concerned with what has actually happened and what we actually know. here's what we know about the starting qb's in the division:

flynn - has started 2 games. both games were against some of the worst defenses in the league and playing with the most stacked set of WR's in the league.

kolb - parlayed a flynn-style run of several games into a huge contract. everyone said "oh man the potential is there! wait until he gets his shot!" and here we are with john skelton as arguably the better qb.

bradford - somehow turned a 70 rated rookie season into a media darling. sure enough, fell back to earth last year.

i don't think alex smith is a top 10 qb but if you think there is a better qb in our division you don't know shit about football and should probably have a job at ESPN so you can spout out your nonsense like the rest of the talking heads there

Flynn was playing with GB WR's but go back and look at the tape. He was playing against Detroit's defense which, their secondary you can make a good argument but that D-line? Not a crap defense by any means. He had great pocket awareness, and was making some great throws.

Bradford's rookie year was amazing. Can even the Ram's fans name any of the WR's that year? Not to mention the crap O-line, if Bradford's team figures it out he can be awesome.

Alex Smith defies expectations of being a pansy and next thing you know he's Jesus on the field to some people. The 9er's are like the giants to me, in the fact that the whole team is pretty good and the QB never has to "save the team" or knows he can't rely on his defense or get good production out of the RB's.

Flynn was playing with GB WR's but go back and look at the tape. He was playing against Detroit's defense which, their secondary you can make a good argument but that D-line? Not a crap defense by any means. He had great pocket awareness, and was making some great throws.

Bradford's rookie year was amazing. Can even the Ram's fans name any of the WR's that year? Not to mention the crap O-line, if Bradford's team figures it out he can be awesome.

Alex Smith defies expectations of being a pansy and next thing you know he's Jesus on the field to some people. The 9er's are like the giants to me, in the fact that the whole team is pretty good and the QB never has to "save the team" or knows he can't rely on his defense or get good production out of the RB's.

lions were the 24th ranked defense in the league. they kept getting worse and worse as the year went on as well. they gave up 45 points in back to back weeks to end the year. pathetic

and bradfords rookie year wasn't amazing at all. you make the argument that he had no WR's, well where is your argument for alex then? the best receiver alex has ever had is a toss up between michael crabtree and antonio bryant. after those guys, you will see names like cedric wilson, brandon lloyd, brian gilmore, arnaz battle, etc etc.

as for alex, he had 6 comeback wins last year so i'm not sure why you say they can't depend on him. but i don't expect you to know about the 49ers or know what you're talking about when you discuss them. keep up with the jamie dukes/mark schletereth/whoever misinformation!

squicken

lulz as if i haven't said all along that the key in all of this is harbaugh.

Yeah that's my worry. The thing with the mechanic's shirts was dumb, but otherwise I think he's going to be a fantastic coach. But he's got to get his QB. He can't just "manage" them, and it's hard to find a great one when picking in the late 20s every year

minx

FMT I would be curious to see you rank the top 20 or so QBs currently in the NFL to see where you place Alex Smith, you sure are high on him.

You really would put him in the top half of all NFL QBs after one semi-decent season?

you're acting like he had a 40 rating in the years preceding last year. he has had decent seasons in the years leading up to last year as well. but like i said, i don't expect you to know wtf you're talking about in regards to alex. you see what, one or two 49ers games a year? i watch them all.

conversely i find it funny that frank gore was listed in the top 50 players in the NFL. he is a shadow of his former self but somehow he keeps getting props. the first game when we beat the giants gore had 6 rushes for 0 yards. who do you think won that game for us? who do you think won a lot of games for us? but alex never gets credit or acknowledgement. oh well, guess he'll just have to settle for the wins!

you're acting like he had a 40 rating in the years preceding last year. he has had decent seasons in the years leading up to last year as well. but like i said, i don't expect you to know wtf you're talking about in regards to alex. you see what, one or two 49ers games a year? i watch them all.

conversely i find it funny that frank gore was listed in the top 50 players in the NFL. he is a shadow of his former self but somehow he keeps getting props. the first game when we beat the giants gore had 6 rushes for 0 yards. who do you think won that game for us? who do you think won a lot of games for us? but alex never gets credit or acknowledgement. oh well, guess he'll just have to settle for the wins!

Defense and special teams? The Giants lose lots of regular season games that they shouldnt, hell they lost to Just Winz last year at home.

Giants were garbage in the regular season. Crowing about beating them makes no sense.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Exactly 3 weeks until all players show up at training camp. It's coming :)

Time to put an end to the horrific summer sports drought.

I just don't understand how baseball is watchable, I mean being Aussie i know how boring cricket can be but baseball is just as bad imo. It'd have to be amazing in person to make up for the horribleness of it on tv.

Top Bottom