• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Happy 4th, it was this day that brought this glorious picture of my Qb :")
1341345424-brandon-weeden-america-flag.jpg

I'm only a passive hockey fan but I am pumped about the signings the Wild just made.

I'd go post in the hockey thread but they'd give me shit for sure.

I think the point is that Manning isn't at 100 percent going into this season.

The real question is just how much strength is in his fused spinal column? 50%? 75%?

One solid neck-snapping blindside hit and he's done. Can't wait for the Denver fans to start chanting "Tebow! Tebow! Tebow!" I hope they troll the hell out of Elway.

HBO is kind enough to marathon the John Adams mini-series today. Already own it, but I'll gladly watch in between the BBQ going. Happy 4th, gents!

jakncoke

Banned
lol wow. so as means to contact my gf i use google to text her, i didnt see any texts. so she has been trying to contact me couldnt get a hold of me.so she logged into my neogaf account and pm'd myself. meta as fuck

Slo

I'm only a passive hockey fan but I am pumped about the signings the Wild just made.

I'd go post in the hockey thread but they'd give me shit for sure.

People keep asking me if I've heard about the signings the Wild made. I tell them that I'm an American, that I don't give a shit about hockey, and they should go back to where they came from and take their shitty Eskimo sport with them!

USA! USA! USA!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
lol wow. so as means to contact my gf i use google to text her, i didnt see any texts. so she has been trying to contact me couldnt get a hold of me.so she logged into my neogaf account and pm'd myself. meta as fuck

OdyK2.jpg

jakncoke and his girlfriend....

Greg

Or the gf is still logged in and made this post.

Well, :jnc's gf, he's a Seahawks fan, and you'll just have to deal with it.

Godslay

Banned
The real question is just how much strength is in his fused spinal column? 50%? 75%?

One solid neck-snapping blindside hit and he's done. Can't wait for the Denver fans to start chanting "Tebow! Tebow! Tebow!" I hope they troll the hell out of Elway.

The fusion is apparently stronger than "normal" vertabrae. The main problem lies in nerve regeneration and the subsequent arm strength. If the nerve didn't regenerate the arm strength wouldn't be there. A hit can certainly take him out of the game, he's really at no greater risk after the surgery than he was before.

If he does get knocked out of the game at some point, Weber (who has looked really good in comparison to Tebow and Quinn last year) will likely be the backup followed by either Hanie or Osweiler. I'm excited to see Weber myself in preseason games. He's got potential.

Godslay

Banned
How does this fusion thing work, anyway?

Ask Dr. Godslay or anyone who works at ESPN. They are all experts in the field.

From the DenverPost:

Manning, who has had multiple neck surgeries, missed the 2011 season because of a "single level anterior fusion," a common procedure when a disc is removed and two vertebrae are fused using bone grafts to alleviate back-and-neck pain because the damaged disc had pinched a nerve.

Here's a visual:

peytonneck.jpg

The 49ers are right there with them so it will be a very competitive division for sure!

Can't wait till jpout serves up another 5 int game so I can taste your bitter tears. Oh wait he will have probably faked another season ending injury by the time we play the bears. Oh well!

From the DenverPost:

Manning, who has had multiple neck surgeries, missed the 2011 season because of a "single level anterior fusion," a common procedure when a disc is removed and two vertebrae are fused using bone grafts to alleviate back-and-neck pain because the damaged disc had pinched a nerve.

Here's a visual:

peytonneck.jpg

steve slaton had the same neck surgery and he was never the same. i don't expect peypey to be garbage but i also don't think he's going to be the peyton of old

Godslay

Banned
steve slaton had the same neck surgery and he was never the same. i don't expect peypey to be garbage but i also don't think he's going to be the peyton of old

Even if he is say 85% physically healthy he will be better than most of the QBs especially with the general garbage that is out there right now.

Take his 2010 stats and reduce them by 15%, this is what you end up with:

4000 yards, 28 TDs, 14 int.

This would still put him in or around the top ten for QBs.

Add into the fact that Peyton's main advantage as a QB is the mental aspect of his game and I see him doing just fine if he is able physically to do the job.

Top Bottom