• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

MechDX

I love how Schaub is vastly superior to Cutler statistically but no one will ever call him "on the cusp" of being elite.

edit: Matt Ryan is better also!

schaub.jpg

Because he is a "mans man", NFL wants every QB to be a pretty boy! I could set a watch to that freaking haircut! <3

squicken

http://fanvoiced.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/schaub.jpg[/im]

Because he is a "mans man", NFL wants your QB to be a pretty boy! I could set a watch to that freaking haircut! <3[/QUOTE]

Why no extension? Just wait and see and then franchise if necessary?

MechDX

Why no extension? Just wait and see and then franchise if necessary?

Yep. Want to see if Schaub is really 100% healthy like he is claiming. I would rather they resign Duane Brown LT and Barwin first. While I lack faith in Kubiak as a head coach he is the best at developing QB's.

Brown is a HUGE must sign. Guy is starting to get noticed in the league for what he does at LT. Mauls people in the ground game and only LT in the league last year not to give up a sack.

squicken

Yep. Want to see if Schaub is really 100% healthy like he is claiming. I would rather they resign Duane Brown LT and Barwin first. While I lack faith in Kubiak as a head coach he is the best at developing QB's.

Agree on all that except Barwin. I think Watt and Antonio are they guys who create the most disruption, and Reed and Barwin got a lot of cleanup sacks. Obviously they should bring him back if the price is right b/c he is talented and plays with a great motor, but he's not great edge rusher imo

MechDX

Agree on all that except Barwin. I think Watt and Antonio are they guys who create the most disruption, and Reed and Barwin got a lot of cleanup sacks. Obviously they should bring him back if the price is right b/c he is talented and plays with a great motor, but he's not great edge rusher imo

Thats Wades system, someone is always not covered. Smith is gone IMO, he will cost way too much especially if Jared Crick pans out like they think he will. The talk after the draft and OTA's is he "JJ Watt lite".

squicken

Thats Wades system, someone is always not covered. Smith is gone IMO, he will cost way too much especially if Jared Crick pans out like they think he will. The talk after the draft and OTA's is he "JJ Watt lite".

Noooo! He is my favorite guy on that defense. Crazy and so many dumb penalties, but he always busts his ass. That defense can be so good this year if they avoid injuries. Problem is their passing game goes to nothing w/o Dre, and I just don't trust him to be healthy

Canuck76 said:
The 9er's are like the giants to me, in the fact that the whole team is pretty good and the QB never has to "save the team"
Did you even watch a Giants game last season?

The QB (that wonderful goofy bastard in my avatar) had to "save the team" 6 times during the regular season with 4th quarter comebacks. Without him, the Giants are Colts bad during the regular season from a record standpoint and in no way qualifies for the post season to make the run that they did.

Milchjon

The Patriots accept light skinned blue eyed men of any country!

Are the Patriots still the whitest team ? Haven't had a check in from that crazy website in a while

A short search led me to an amazing forum called Caste Football (What in the fucking fuck). From their forum (2011 rosters):

Here is a list of NFL teams with the most white players.
--(I will not be updating anymore due to health reasons)--

Texans– 12 starters [7 offense|5 defense] — 24 on roster.
Rams– 11 starters [5 offense|6 defense] — 24 on roster.

Colts– 8 starters [7 offense|1 defense] — 24 on roster.
Patriots– 9 starters [8 offense|1 defense] — 20 on roster.

Packers– 9 starters [7 offense|2 defense] — 18 on roster.

BigAT

Did you even watch a Giants game last season?

The QB (that wonderful goofy bastard in my avatar) had to "save the team" 6 times during the regular season with 4th quarter comebacks. Without him, the team is Colts bad during the regular season from a record standpoint and in no way qualifies for the post season to make the run they did.

Whatever, Eli barely did anything out there. I mean, when you're getting carried by the league's 32nd best rushing attack and an elite defense ranked 27th in the NFL, why would you even bother sending a quarterback out on the field in the first place?

Milchjon

Make sure you click the ads, support my work.

I'd love to link to their thread about acceptance of gay players right now. What an amazing place.

Choice quote:

It's amazing how powerful the gay agenda is amongst the elites and a lot of young people. I used to think you had to have a Soviet style repressive govt with KGB and gulags to impose an unwanted philosophy on people, who knew all you needed was the internet and celebrity support?

And of course half of the posts are from a guy with a Woodhead avatar :-(

And then there's hard hitting analysis like this (From a guy calling himself RyanLeafWasGood):

The real reason White athletes are superior....

It all lies withen the butt muscles. Tom Brady is a superior QB to Cam Newton because he has a voluptuous set of cheeks that helps him throw the football further and more accurate. Cam Newton also has a fat ass but it does not have as many fine muscle fibers as Tom Brady rendering his ass useless.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Who do you guys think is the playoff team most likely to collapse after last year and miss the playoffs?

Detroit? San Francisco? NY Giants?

Talon

The intuitive answer would be Saints, no? Coaching turmoil. QB's contract situation is all mucked up. 3 players suspended for 4-16 games - Will Smith and then 2 bounty folks.

eznark

Banned
Broncos and Giants each had negative point differentials, but the addition of Manning should help the Broncos. I don't think the Giants will collapse, they play in a shitty division with shitty teams against shitty quarterbacks, so they'll at least be 8-8, which is where they were last year. I think the Lions will struggle with that defense and the Saints will struggle because they're no longer cheating.

Biggest collapse I think will be the Saints and Steelers. Both will win five fewer games than last year. Because they won 15 games last year though, the Packers could be right there. I think they are probably an 11-12 win team give or take, so they could easily be at 10 wins with a few bad bounces. That will still make the playoffs though.

This whole league blows.

Talon

Packers and Giants are a lock for the playoffs in the NFC. Those are without a doubt the two best teams in the conference.

eznark

Banned
Packers and Giants are a lock for the playoffs in the NFC. Those are without a doubt the two best teams in the conference.

Yeah, but if we're talking about "collapse" I could see the Packers having a relatively large decline in total wins just because they won 15 games last year.

And nothing is a lock in the NFL. If Graham Harrell gets hurt the Packers are screwed.

Detroit? San Francisco? NY Giants?
I'll be a little on the contrary side (at least for NY and SF) and say realistically all three you mentioned could falter, IMO.

Both the Giants and Lions play in divisions which I feel are going to be competitive in 2012.

The Eagles, Cowboys and Redskins all got better (on paper) and the Giants need to actually maintain team health and improve consistency (i.e. stop playing down to teams you should beat). Even in a down year, the division is always competitive and there hasn't been a back to back division winner since 2003-2004 (Eagles I believe). The math is against my Giants but then it was during the Super Bowl run last season as well.

The Lions have to deal with a Packers team that I think will come out with an improved defense and already has an explosive offense that's one of the best in the NFL. The Bears will get key pieces back and prior to the loss of Cutler and Forte - they were in contention for the playoffs. I might argue the Lions may not have made the playoffs if the Bears had remained healthy (not a slight to Lions fans, just a realistic appraisal of a possible outcome).

With the Niners, the West is still a fairly weak division but teams ARE improving. The Seahawks were putting it together at the end of last season and if they can find a QB, they might actually be decent. The Cardinals have a few too many holes but had a pretty decent defense and Skelton played well in spurts. The Rams are in complete rebuilding mode so they are up in the air and it will likely take time for them to be relevant.

The biggest problem I see for the Niners is that they had some really good luck in maintaining health on the defensive side of the ball. They were also leaders in not turning the ball over and getting takeaways. Both are difficult to maintain (especially the lack of injuries) and that luck can easily turn to disaster.

I do think the Niners are the least likely to falter (i.e. not make the playoffs) due to the relative strength of the opponents in their division though.

Yeah, but if we're talking about "collapse" I could see the Packers having a relatively large decline in total wins just because they won 15 games last year.

And nothing is a lock in the NFL. If Graham Harrell gets hurt the Packers are screwed.
11 or 12 wins wouldnt be a collapse though, because that still will get you into the playoffs. Decline =/ collapse IMO.

Im going in expecting a dropoff. But I certainly didn't expect 15-1 last year.

eznark

Banned
11 or 12 wins wouldnt be a collapse though, because that still will get you into the playoffs. Decline =/ collapse IMO.

Im going in expecting a dropoff. But I certainly didn't expect 15-1 last year.

If "collapse" is defined as just missing the playoffs I am going to say Pittsburgh and Detroit. I think everyone else who made it last year makes it this year.

If "collapse" is defined as just missing the playoffs I am going to say Pittsburgh and Detroit. I think everyone else who made it last year makes it this year.

I think that's fair. The Lions will have to compete with a mediocre instead of shitty Bears team this year as well, not to mention I think the Vikings can steal a win from them if AP is healthy.

Pittsburgh has half of their team on AARP so that's possible too although if they're competing with Bert and a Ravens defense that's aging/missing/not interested in playing football, their chances aren't too bad. Someone has to win.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I agree with this, although Detroit's schedule is easier than last year. Our secondary still blows. That said, we actually might have some healthy running backs this year so who knows.

eznark

Banned
I agree with this, although Detroit's schedule is easier than last year. Our secondary still blows. That said, we actually might have some healthy running backs this year so who knows.

Honestly it's more of a Bears getting better than you getting worse situation. I think the Packers will win 12 or so and the Bears or Lions will win 9-10. Whichever finished second is a lock for the playoffs. I really, really hate your defense. The Packers were injured in key spots last year which destroyed their secondary, the Lions don't really have that excuse.

Also running backs...lol

Talon

Let us remind ourselves that J'Marcus Webb and Chris Williams are duking it out for LT.

Cutler won't make it to week 12.

Teflon Lovie don't give a damn.

Plinko

Honestly it's more of a Bears getting better than you getting worse situation. I think the Packers will win 12 or so and the Bears or Lions will win 9-10. Whichever finished second is a lock for the playoffs. I really, really hate your defense. The Packers were injured in key spots last year which destroyed their secondary, the Lions don't really have that excuse.

Also running backs...lol

In this league, running backs are becoming less and less of a factor. That said, Detroit had nobody healthy last year in the playoffs. Kevin Smith was injured again, Jahvid Best missed most of the season, and Leshoure missed all of it. If any one of those three has a good year the offense could really shine.

I'm not counting on it because of the offensive line, but it would be nice to see.

eznark

Banned
In this league, running backs are becoming less and less of a factor. That said, Detroit had nobody healthy last year in the playoffs. Kevin Smith was injured again, Jahvid Best missed most of the season, and Leshoure missed all of it. If any one of those three has a good year the offense could really shine.

I'm not counting on it because of the offensive line, but it would be nice to see.

If anyone of those guys has a good year it means your two best offensive weapons are being underutilized. So, yeah, I hope you have a great running game this year!

Plinko

If anyone of those guys has a good year it means your two best offensive weapons are being underutilized. So, yeah, I hope you have a great running game this year!

I'm pretty sure you were the one a year ago harping on how important the running game was because it opened up the passing game and that Detroit would suck because of it.

But please, hypocrite on.

eznark

Banned
I'm pretty sure you were the one a year ago harping on how important the running game was because it opened up the passing game and that Detroit would suck because of it.

But please, hypocrite on.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm glad the honeymoon period with Chris Houston is over.

Also, remind me to never post on gaming side.

I was just starting to post in the Steam thread again. Then remember how I brought up the Amazon shill? Yeah, they argued about it for about 10,000 posts...

bionic77

Rats, Steelers, and Packers will all have disappointing seasons.
That means they are all Superbowl contenders.

You need dat low playoff seed and a hot defense going into the playoffs. That is all you need. Homefield doesn't mean shit anymore.

I am pretty sure the Bungles will collapse in the most humorous way possible now that people are picking them to win the division. They never handle success well. The Ravens were contenders last year and as usual they fucked it up. They will degrade and the Scott loss is huge. Might take him until 2013 to get back to his normal disgusting level of play.

I would be happy with winning a shit division @ 9-7 and going into the playoffs with the 5 seed. Great things happen to these kind of teams.

As ez said the league is still a little weak right now. The best case scenario for the Steelers is that we get some early minor injuries to our defense and they all come back strong in December for the playoff run. Unlikely? Definitely. But that pretty much sums up most of the recent SB Champs.

Rats, Steelers, and Packers will all have disappointing seasons.
Packers season disappointing in that they don't go 15-1 ? Sure. Can't really see them disappointing in general though. Records Don't mean anything for the playoffs

I just want to be able to enjoy a complete team again. That'd make for a successful season for me. All of that offense sucked when you knew the other team would score again soon after (even though they couldn't keep up). I think we'll get that this year. I expect our offense to drop a bit but Im confident the D will be something to watch, in a good way.

squicken

So you don't like your own country?

The US burned down a few log cabins in Canada during the revolution and it turned out to be their capitol at the time. Then they overreacted and burned down Washington a few years later so we stole some hockey teams. Seems like he should consider everything square

bionic77

Packers season disappointing in that they don't go 15-1 ? Sure. Can't really see them disappointing in general though. Records Don't mean anything for the playoffs

I just want to be able to enjoy a complete team again. That'd make for a successful season for me. All of that offense sucked when you knew the other team would score again soon after (even though they couldn't keep up). I think we'll get that this year. I expect our offense to drop a bit but Im confident the D will be something to watch, in a good way.
Got them new steroids huh?

Make sure you get some real doctors to administer them. No one wants to see Matthews heart explode on the field, WWE style.

eznark

Banned
Got them new steroids huh?

Make sure you get some real doctors to administer them. No one wants to see Matthews heart explode on the field, WWE style.

I'd be more worried about all the pacemakers on your elderly defense interfering with each other and shorting out.

squicken

I am pretty sure the Bungles will collapse in the most humorous way possible now that people are picking them to win the division. They never handle success well. The Ravens were contenders last year and as usual they fucked it up. They will degrade and the Scott loss is huge. Might take him until 2013 to get back to his normal disgusting level of play.

I think the Bungles are definitely due to slide. I wasn't impressed with Dalton at all from what I saw. Noodle arm that relied on Green winning a lot of jump balls. AFC won't suck as bad this year. Steelers could also be in trouble. Defense getting old and Ben doesn't take good enough care of himself to assume he'll always be so resilient. Flacco will carry the Ravens to another division crown

bionic77

I'd be more worried about all the pacemakers on your elderly defense interfering with each other and shorting out.
Old is gold baby!

I think the Bungles are definitely due to slide. I wasn't impressed with Dalton at all from what I saw. Noodle arm that relied on Green winning a lot of jump balls. AFC won't suck as bad this year. Steelers could also be in trouble. Defense getting old and Ben doesn't take good enough care of himself to assume he'll always be so resilient. Flacco will carry the Ravens to another division crown
It is impossible to predict what is going to happen in the NFL. Everyone is 2 or 3 injuries from being total garbage. I have given up trying. I just want a competitive team and a clutch qb. Steelers fans will get to enjoy both of those for at least 3-5 more years. Then it is going to get ugly.

squicken

It is impossible to predict what is going to happen in the NFL. Everyone is 2 or 3 injuries from being total garbage. I have given up trying. I just want a competitive team and a clutch qb. Steelers fans will get to enjoy both of those for at least 3-5 more years. Then it is going to get ugly.

I somewhat disagree. There are always a few surprise teams that make the playoffs, but there are usually a few core teams that can be penciled in. What is random is who wins the SB. It's simply who gets healthy and hot at the end of the year.

I'm not going to go as far as saying 3 losses in a conference championship game is as good as winning a SB. But it certainly is very hard to do. Making the playoffs year after year takes a good organization, and winning the SB lottery takes getting to the playoffs consistently

Bowser

You said you think the Saints win 5 games fewer than they did this past year - I don't think 8-8 would get them into the playoffs (or win the NFCS) either.

Milchjon

I don't understand why everyone seems to love 4th quarter comebacks so much as a way of judging QBs. Shouldn't all points be considered equal? If you need a comeback, you fucked up before. And above all, why is it used only in reference to QBs, when at least the Defense is just as crucial?

Or is everyone just playing around with a useless stat and I shouldn't take it seriously?

squicken

I don't understand why everyone seems to love 4th quarter comebacks so much as a way of judging QBs. Shouldn't all points be considered equal? If you need a comeback, you fucked up before. And above all, why is it used only in reference to QBs, when at least the Defense is just as crucial?

Or is everyone just playing around with a useless stat and I shouldn't take it seriously?

Most people throw it around as number they know is a little silly. The concept of "QB wins" is becoming increasingly outmoded as well

Milchjon said:
I don't understand why everyone seems to love 4th quarter comebacks so much as a way of judging QBs. Shouldn't all points be considered equal? If you need a comeback, you fucked up before.
Not necessarily. Needing to make a comeback doesn't always mean the QB fucked up. The defense might have played like garbage a majority of the game which puts a ton of pressure on the offense to perform at a high level. That's not always the case but much like any other NFL stat - there has to be context around the number. Just throwing the number out is meaningless.

I think your offense will drop and your D will continue to be shit.

I think we all know that the Packers aren't going 15-1 again, so in that sense next season will be a disappointment. That said I think you guys are due for a collapse. Woodson isn't what he was even a season ago and Clay is the only other playmaker on your Defense and other teams know that.

As for the Steelers, i'm excited for the re-tooled offense but the D will be completely different this year. Steelers are soft in the middle and I expect teams to exploit that. If the defense has little drop off I expect a playoff berth this year but i'm not keeping my hopes up.

Top Bottom