• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

squicken

I hope you guys are right, I really enjoy watching Tebow play, but I think Rex loves Sanchez. They just gave him an extension, I dont think they bench him unless he totally fails.

"In 2012, Sanchez will make the same money ($11.75 million) he was set to earn before the extension. The difference is how it pays out: According to NationalFootballPost.com, Sanchez will now receive an $8 million signing bonus and a $3.25 million guaranteed salary, along with an offseason workout bonus of $500,000. The bonus is spread over the five remaining years of the deal, saving $6.4 million against the Jets' cap.

In 2013, Sanchez goes from a non-guaranteed $6 million to a guaranteed $8.75 million. The guarantee is nice, though it would have taken an epically bad season (think Blaine Gabbert, only more abject terror) for the Jets not to bring him back in the final year of his original deal.

All told, Sanchez will get $20.5 million guaranteed compared to $17.75 million of non-guaranteed money over the next two years. It's a "measly" raise of $2.75 million."

His extension isn't really what it appears. Though if for some reason Tebow become the guy for 2013 then they would have to cut Sanchez as he's too expensive for a backup and no one would want that contract

yankeehater said:
I hope you guys are right, I really enjoy watching Tebow play, but I think Rex loves Sanchez. They just gave him an extension, I dont think they bench him unless he totally fails.
I'm not even trolling. I honestly believe he will be.

They bring in Sparano who oversaw the Wildcat/Single Wing offense with the Dolphins and helped to popularize it in the league. The Jets want to go back to a run first offense and go on and on about ground and pound.

Woody wants to get asses in the seats, Sanchez has struggled and the extension isn't as pretty as folks make it out to be (see squicken's post). Considering the insanity of Tebow's fans and his popularity - all it takes is for Jets fans to get fed up with his poor play and start that Tebow chant before Rex will buckle and put Tebow in. I'm saying week 6...

Rex will forget all about Sanchez after Tebow runs for a 70 yard game-winning touchdown against the Patriots.

The kid's got great feet.

I don't think Rex really loves Sanchez, but I think he knows his time in New York is numbered and the eventual end of Sanchez will be the end of his stay in Ny also. I think Tebow is more of a way for him to try and save his job without really abandoning Sanchez. I mean you can see throughout the seasons Rex and fans are getting increasing frustrated with Sanchez

squicken

I wish Twitter would have been around when I was in HS and college. The ways women of legal age just post pictures of themselves in bikinis would have been a nice thing to have. Would also really fret things if I had daughters

bionic77

I wish Twitter would have been around when I was in HS and college. The ways women of legal age just post pictures of themselves in bikinis would have been a nice thing to have. Would also really fret things if I had daughters
Sounds like you need a woman in addition to a qb.

Talon

Really? We didn't lose anyone significant and last year our #1 WR was Roy Williams. ROY FUCKING WILLIAMS. It is now Brandon Marshall.
Urlacker and Briggs are another year older. Safety hasn't been addressed. Most importantly: J'Marcus Webb and/or Chris Williams will continue to play on the offensive line.

squicken

Sounds like you need a woman in addition to a qb.

haha nice. Got the woman and the QB. Was lamenting the Age of the Sweatshirt I endured through HS and college

Texans are truly the savior's of Houston right now.

Worst sports city in America next to Miami

I think the tanking would have been more tolerable if they hadn't wasted 5 years trying to eek out .500

Astros . . . idk. Supposedly the farm system is no longer worst in the league. Like 28th now

squicken

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archi...l-aaron-rodgers-in-golf-later-this-month.html
It turned out to be anything but. The 49ers and Smith were slow to agree to a contract deal. And before they did, the 49ers pursued Peyton Manning, who eventually chose to sign with the Broncos. Smith today re-iterated that there were no hard feelings between him and Harbaugh. But he did allow that the cuckolding was "a little awkward" and will serve as motivation.

"Certainly there are a lot of forms of motivation," said Smith, who eventually signed a three-year deal with the 49ers. "I guess that's there a little bit as far as motivation." Smith said he didn't ask Harbaugh, who is back from a recent home-building mission in Peru, to caddy for him. Harbaugh and his staff will be preparing for training camp at the time.

gO2E0.jpg

minx

Urlacker and Briggs are another year older. Safety hasn't been addressed. Most importantly: J'Marcus Webb and/or Chris Williams will continue to play on the offensive line.

Actually we drafted a safety in the third round who will compete for a starting role. The safeties need to stay healthy that's the problem. In the six games the Bears paired Wright and Conte as the starters, the team came away with eight interceptions while allowing just four touchdown passes and holding opponents to a passer rating if 68.9. As far as the defense getting older, that has been said for years. Could this be the year? Going by last season I doubt it. And yes our offensive line is a problem but at least there is competition at the LT spot now. Regardless, our new additions more than make up for our question marks and we will indeed be a much better team. And Martz is gone how could I forget that. Addition by subtraction!

Talon

Actually we drafted a safety in the third round who will compete for a starting role. The safeties need to stay healthy that's the problem. In the six games the Bears paired Wright and Conte as the starters, the team came away with eight interceptions while allowing just four touchdown passes and holding opponents to a passer rating if 68.9. As far as the defense getting older, that has been said for years. Could this be the year? Going by last season I doubt it. And yes our offensive line is a problem but at least there is competition at the LT spot now. Regardless, our new additions more than make up for our question marks and we will indeed be a much better team. And Martz is gone how could I forget that. Addition by subtraction!
loviesmithelated.jpg

Teflon Lovie, is that you?

Anyone else following NFL.coms top 20 games of 2011? Some interesting games on the list so far:

They are up to number 12. Here's the list:

Week 10 and Week 14 were apparently good weeks of football.

Number one needs to be NYG vs GB Week 13.

Number 12 was the worst game of the season.

I hated the ending of that game. Giants Manage to scratch a lead late and the Packers just hop skip jump into the endzone, game over.

DeaconKnowledge said:
I hated the ending of that game.
It didn't invalidate the rest of the excitement that was the remainder of the game though. It's easily the most entertaining game I watched last season even if the G-men did end up losing it.

DutchPatriot said:
Number 12 was the worst game of the season.
7xrVv.jpg

It didn't invalidate the rest of the excitement that was the remainder of the game though. It's easily the most entertaining game I watched last season even if the G-men did end up losing it.
Ruined it for me. Not so much that the Packers won but they made the Giants look stupid in the process. It was like they said "We were just fucking with you. We'll take the W."

I can't really say any Steelers game I watched last year was that great, though maybe Ravens Steelers II was. I really can't remember anything but the final drive.

Milchjon

Niners - Saints was more exciting.

DeaconKnowledge said:
Not so much that the Packers won but they made the Giants look stupid in the process.
Will Blackmon covering Jordy Nelson will tend to make you look stupid, yes.

Giants/Niners championship game will likely make the list as well.

Milchjon said:
Niners - Saints was more exciting.
That's a good one, yeah.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Can't believe theres only 1 Tebow game on the list so far.

Top 10 better be all Tebow!

Talon

Number 1 should be 49ers Saints.

If only to see America's favorite small handed brother pull himself together for an epic quarter of football. And to see New Orleans shit themselves to high heaven.

Talon- said:
And to see New Orleans shit themselves to high heaven.
Not that it qualifies for the list, but the loss to the Seahawks the year before was more entertaining in that regard. The Niners were 13-3 and had one of the best, if not the best defense in the NFL. The Seahawks didn't even have a winning record and that Marshawn Lynch run will will be forever etched in the history of the league as the worst display of "attempted" tackling by a defense EVER.

Colasante

I can't really think of any Patriots games that should be on the list, except perhaps, unfortunately, Buffalo's comeback win against them in week 3.

Milchjon

I can't really think of any Patriots games that should be on the list, except perhaps, unfortunately, Buffalo's comeback win against them in week 3.

It wasn't a great game per se, but I really enjoyed them taking down the Broncos. Brady's awesome punt and the fight afterwards were fun to watch.

35d3j84_jpg_medium.gif

Which game did this happen in? I remember that one being good too.

I think that was the Bucs game.
:p

bionic77

Ruined it for me. Not so much that the Packers won but they made the Giants look stupid in the process. It was like they said "We were just fucking with you. We'll take the W."

I can't really say any Steelers game I watched last year was that great, though maybe Ravens Steelers II was. I really can't remember anything but the final drive.
Umm Steelers Pats?

That was one of the best football games of all time. Even better than 2004 when rookie Ben went back to back against Eagles and Pats.

Ultimate feels good man game.

Milchjon

Umm Steelers Pats?

That was one of the best football games of all time. Even better than 2004 when rookie Ben went back to back against Eagles and Pats.

Ultimate feels good man game.

Meh, first time I got several of my friends together to watch a game in HD on a big screen. What a sad day that was, no wonder I couldn't get most of them to forget about stupid soccer and join me on the path of righteousness.

bionic77

Meh, first time I got several of my friends together to watch a game in HD on a big screen. What a sad day that was, no wonder I couldn't get most of them to forget about stupid soccer and join me on the path of righteousness.
What a sexcellent introduction to the game of football.

Milchjon

What a sexcellent introduction to the game of football.

The one guy in the group who had any interest in football before actually calls himself a Steelers fan. I'm still not completely convinced he even knows all of their divisional opponents, though. But I guess that's par for the course for the average Steelers fan.

Top Bottom