• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Milchjon said:
How can anyone hate snow. It's so pure and soft and beautiful.
....and a pain in the ass to shovel, drive in and it keeps the kid home when she should be at school.

Milchjon said:
I bet you hate babies and kittens and puppies too.
2 out of 3 ain't bad is it? (I like babies!)

Talon

About 3/4 of Groupon's deals seem to revolve around laser hair removal or bikini waxes.

Andrew Mason with that anti-...hair agenda.

How can anyone hate snow. It's so pure and soft and beautiful.
I bet you hate babies and kittens and puppies too.

I hate snow, fucking junk messes shit up, but just like that old man with the pervy Eli avatar I love a really cold cloudless winter day, the colder the better and I love a hot summer as well.

I hate autumn and spring, because it just rains all the time here.

I consider freezing to be 32 x 2 = 64.

But over 90 is too hot as well.

So I'm good when it's between 65 and 89. In Raleigh that's about 12 days per year.

AngmarsKing701 said:
So I'm good when it's between 65
I usually keep my house at around 68 which I find to be pretty comfortable without feeling too cold or too warm. My wife and I are on two different spectrums though. She's the sleeps with a 100 covers type and I'm in a T-shirt and shorts with no covers at all. Hell, I have a fan running even in the winter cause I get so damned hot when I try to go to sleep.

It has to get really damned cold for me to feel uncomfortable.

Bowser

I usually keep my house at around 68 which I find to be pretty comfortable without feeling too cold or two warm. My wife and I are on two different spectrums though. She's the sleeps with a 100 covers type and I'm in a T-shirt and shorts with no covers at all. Hell, I have a fan running even in the winter cause I get so damned hot when I try to go to sleep.

It has to get really damned cold for me to feel uncomfortable.

I sleep in bball shorts, no shirt, and usually use just a bed sheet as a cover during the Summer - and this is usually with the A/C blasting on high set at 66. NYC summers suck.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Muth070312-1.jpg

:jnc

squicken

Is that the dumbest fucking thing or what? Have the center fake like it's a run play right, the peel back in a circle and try and block Orakpo. Fucking McDaniels. Rams aren't going to be good b/c the talent level is bad, but Spags -> Fisher is going to help like Singletary -> Harbaugh did for SF

That can't be real, can it? Pulling the center to block blindside? This is a pee wee level play where the coach who drew it up is still trying to prove he has what it takes to be an NFL/NCAA head coach with his creative play calling.

But, I really hope an NFL team runs it

Milchjon

That can't be real, can it? Pulling the center to block blindside? This is a pee wee level play where the coach who drew it up is still trying to prove he has what it takes to be an NFL/NCAA head coach with his creative play calling.

But, I really hope an NFL team runs it

It's an actual play the Rams ran against the Redskins (Orakpo sack), from squicken's link.

You read that right: his job is to run in a circle and then block anyone off the edge. That sounds absurd to me. It sounds even crazier when you consider a couple of things:

1) The Redskins run a 3-4. There is a very good chance that someone will be coming off the edge
2) The Rams ran the play-fake to the right, meaning there is a very good chance that Brian Orakpo will be that edge rusher.
3) Brian Orakpo is the Redskins best pass rusher, and probably their best player overall.
4) Centers are generally not good at blocking elite edge pass rushers with speed and length.
5) Brian Orakpo has speed and length.
6) What if they bring two guys off the edge? (I assume there’s a kill, but what happens if it is well-disguised?)
I laughed multiple times reading that.

goldlion054 said:
This is a pee wee level play where the coach who drew it up is still trying to prove he has what it takes to be an NFL/NCAA head coach with his creative play calling.
Josh McDaniels my friend.

Still get a kick out of the Falcons play diagram he did.

Muth052912-2.jpg

It's an actual play the Rams ran against the Redskins (Orakpo sack), from squicken's link.

Just finished reading it. And you can imagine any above average NT is going to blow that play up too. The average guard can't handle a good NT by themselves to start with, and now you want him seal block the NT one on one? And if you have the Center chip before he peels back, he is going to be at an even bigger disadvantage to the edge rusher. Asinine

But like Future said, Josh McDaniels

Milchjon

The fuck?! I assumed it was a running play when I looked at it, and that would still be a retarded idea for a running play.

Is there no one in the organization who took a look at the playbook and said "wait a minute, that won't work so well"? I mean, if I was Bradford...

squicken

His problem wasn't just his bad ideas. It's that he wouldn't adjust. All game Saffold was getting killed by Orakpo and he never sent help. And he Smith had sooooo many holds and false starts.

That said Orakpo is a monster. If their offense finally works they could be not terrible

Is there no one in the organization who took a look at the playbook and said "wait a minute, that won't work so well"? I mean, if I was Bradford...

Eh I troll Bradford when appropriate but he was a second year player in a new offense and had no offseason. It was Week 4. I would expect he was just running what was called. The play "worked" as designed. No reason to audible b/c someone was coming free. One blocker on one defender to protect the QB on the boot. It's just a dumb play

squicken said:
That said Orakpo is a monster. If their offense finally works they could be not terrible
They have secondary problems on the defense but their front seven has always been pretty good. Despite wearing a filthy Redskins jersey, I've always been a huge fan of London Fletcher. They have quality pass rushers in Orakpo and Kerrigan and their interior got better with Cofield...

squicken

hahaha that is good. Is there a back story to the tasering?

Haslett loves his blitzes. Always stresses the DBs. If they can get RG3 going and keep him healthy it will cover up some of the defensive flaws. They spent a lot of money of those FAs and a lot of picks on him. Shanny might have the hottest seat in the league

edit: for baseball fans, this is fascinating. Lots of animated GIFs but it's really a good column/trivia/experiment

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=17535

squicken

It's not a running play?

What the what? How did he run the Patriots' offense?

The Pats have talent on the line and one of if not the best OL coaches in the league. Denver also had lots of talent on its offensive line. The Rams OL was neither well coached nor talented

Milchjon

It's not a running play?

What the what? How did he run the Patriots' offense?

Just guessing, I wasn't really around back then (I know, I know):

1. Pats seem to have pretty good Oline play most of the time.
2. I don't think BB would let shit like this slide. It helps having other capable and dominant people around, I'd think.

Draxal

Man,

This has been an incredible week for non-console gaming.

Theatrythym for that nostalgia blast.
Endless Space for the best 4X Space game since Gal Civ 2.
Summoner Wars for the best miniature/card action on Ipad.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The Pats have talent on the line and one of if not the best OL coaches in the league. Denver also had lots of talent on its offensive line. The Rams OL was neither well coached nor talented

So basically the other Patriots coaches laughed at garbage like that and told him to go away?

Meanwhile the Rams line coach decided that that play was just spiffy?

Why? He's an overrated system QB anyways. Watch Belichick take the next shmo at quarterback (be it Mallett, or whoever) and get to a Super Bowl.

OK, I'll give her her props. Brady is...pretty decent

The question is who's retirement would have a bigger impact, Brady's or Bill's. They finished 10-6 with Cassel, but they had a great team around him and a cupcake schedule.

I think Bill retirement as a coach would hurt more, not because Brady isn't an all time great, but because BB does so much more than just call plays, but on the other side without Brady, they wouldn't have won all those games and wouldn't be such an attractive team for FA's and stuff

Let's just hope they don't retire together, I've read that Bill wants to continue after Brady leaves because of the immense respect he has for how the Niners kept on winning after losing Montana.

Top Bottom