• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

squicken

So basically the other Patriots coaches laughed at garbage like that and told him to go away?

Meanwhile the Rams line coach decided that that play was just spiffy?

This was actually a problem for the Rams. Spags was a first time coach and he hadn't built up a network of experienced people who would come over as assistants. He also didn't have the kind of job security that a more experienced coach would, so even the guys he knew wouldn't necessarily be ready to move their families.

The staff was a lot of guys from the trash heap or first time guys. But all were foreign to him, and he just wasn't a good leader and chose his assistants poorly. Spags is actually a very good defensive coordinator. They got hammered by injuries but he still kept the defense from being awful, after an initial rough period where he still thought he could leave his CBs on islands.

I'd kinda love a short stint with the Steelers, if only to see bionic's reaction. Also, for him personally, I guess playing for the Niners would be a dream come true.

But yeah, I'd hate to see him in any other uniform.

Seeing him play in a Niners uniform might be the least painful thing to watch if he really has to play for another team. Just for what it would mean to him personally, I couldn't blame him for that. As long as he is successful though, I don't want him to burn out like Favre did.

Milchjon

x350_display_image.jpg

Hahahaha, awesome. I never knew, but when it leads to playing like this, I guess it can't be all wrong.

Cam is the poster child for system QB's*.

Justice system QB's.

drewbreeswherestheevidence.jpg

Cam has never been in trouble, has never stolen laptops, and has never cheated in a sporting competition
, nor has he cheated on his significant other

I'd kinda love a short stint with the Steelers, if only to see bionic's reaction. Also, for him personally, I guess playing for the Niners would be a dream come true.

bionics' reaction would cause the biggest shitstorm in NFLGAF history. Like FMT's house-levels of shit.

brentech

This morning I had my surgery on my right ankle (opened up, insert plate and 9 pins due to 3 fractures). They sent me home with this medication ball hooked through a cathader in my leg. Numbs my leg from the knee down......side effect, it numbed my god damn fingers, my upper leg twitches, and I have a metallic taste in my mouth.

Doctor called, luckily he okayed clamping it off and seeing if I can handle the pain on Percocet alone. I'm hoping it works cause it's really irritating having to carry this bag with the ball in it, and I have freaking wires coming out my leg.

eznark

Banned
Oh god I looked at that play and thought "yeah, that's not a bad scheme for an off tackle running play" then realized it was a passing play. LOLOLOL

bionic77

I would quit watching football and move to another county if that happened.

Oh god I looked at that play and thought "yeah, that's not a bad scheme for an off tackle running play" then realized it was a passing play. LOLOLOL

I thought the same. Still seems stupid for a running play, but less stupid. I'm sure a lot of the times the outside rusher would just be left unblocked if the run is going the other way... but maybe I can buy this I guess if you want to come up with some crazy blocking scheme in case the RB wants to cutback or some crazy shit. I dont know, I'm no professional. But on a PA bootleg where the QB is going to be running back into the direction of that rusher? :jnc Not only does a center have to block a speedy pass rusher as mentioned in the article, but he's going to be sprinting just to get over there in time so he's already at a disadvantage not being set. It really does seem like something you'd think up in highschool.

squicken

This morning I had my surgery on my right ankle (opened up, insert plate and 9 pins due to 3 fractures). They sent me home with this medication ball hooked through a cathader in my leg. Numbs my leg from the knee down......side effect, it numbed my god damn fingers, my upper leg twitches, and I have a metallic taste in my mouth.

Doctor called, luckily he okayed clamping it off and seeing if I can handle the pain on Percocet alone. I'm hoping it works cause it's really irritating having to carry this bag with the ball in it, and I have freaking wires coming out my leg.

Man if they gave you a take home morphine drip you might as well ride the wave. Hope you recover well. At least no more surgeries.

brentech

Man if they gave you a take home morphine drip you might as well ride the wave. Hope you recover well. At least no more surgeries.

It's called 'On-Q' Painbuster. It works, my leg is numb, but having my fingers numb is not fun. It's been turned off for 2 hours now, still can't move my toes. No feeling in my leg yet below my knee. Took a Percocet, hope it works, cause I want this thing out tomorrow.
If it works without it, my wife has a nurse friend that will take it out. The hospital showed my wife how to do it, but she doesn't think she'll stomach it.

Yeah, I wouldn't be so quick to jettison the painkillers. You never know if you'll need them.

Nothing's worse than not being able to sleep because you're in blinding pain. Experience talking here.

brentech

My wife's a pharmacist. She's got the details on the medicine that's in it. If it wears off and I'm really feeling it, we know it's fast to act when we un-clamp it. The halflife is kind of long though, so I probably won't know for another 2 hours.
I'm only supposed to have it till Sunday night if I really want it anyways.

Should add that I'd deal with the inconvenience if it was just down in the leg where it's supposed to be localized...but since my finger tips are numb and I'm tasting metallic flavor in my throat every now and then, I'd love to go without it.

squicken

It's kind of crazy that they are now sending people home with morphine drips. You'd think they'd at least keep you in the hospital until you could function w/o intravenous narcotics

jakncoke

Banned
We should start a bring back SNES petition.

he's a decent person but really he brings as much as i do to the table, aka not much. bring back lj. he's probably one of like 5 nfl-age that does analysis on shit instead spamming meme and bullshitting nonsensical topics

jakncoke

Banned
[00:38] <snesfreak> http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39592154&postcount=10704 You know what you have to do jakncoke
[00:47] <snesfreak> jakncoke you traitor!
[00:49] <jakncoke> lol
[00:50] <snesfreak> I hope the Cheats beat the Steelers
[00:53] <jakncoke> you're the drew bledsoe of the thread. you put up lots of posts but nothing special
[00:53] <snesfreak> Hey, me and gator had something special
[00:53] <snesfreak> WHY DO YOU TO KEEP US APART!?
[00:54] <snesfreak> *want

:me

Rorschach

btw- ended up talking to and going out with the model. Suck it, Bionic! Turns out she's a big Doyers fan.

We went for coffee last night, then went out today. Meeting again this upcoming week. :3

Went from feeling like hobo homer
1ggVR.gif

to feeling like golden homer.
FuEiV.gif

btw- ended up talking to and going out with the model. Suck it, Bionic! Turns out she's a big Doyers fan.

We went for coffee last night, then went out today. Meeting again this upcoming week. :3

Went from feeling like hobo homer

to feeling like golden homer.
Well yeah, you probably just casually mentioned that you're the Californian James Bond and she fell into your arms. Some of us don't have it so easy!

snes is perma'd?

dude I look back at all the fanboy bullshit I wasted my time on... when I was thirteen, and it pisses me off. I can't imagine being 40 like snes and still at it

I think most of it was an act.

I mean, I love Nintendo too but I can't be bothered to pick up my sword and shield all the time for them.

Milchjon

I think most of it was an act.

I mean, I love Nintendo too but I can't be bothered to pick up my sword and shield all the time for them.

Nah, pretty sure the outrage was real. He really got pissed off way too often. I mean, after God knows how many bans, you'd probably stop if it's mostly an act.

Still miss him, though.

Chick on show: "I'm actually still a virgin"
Gronk: :-OOOOOO

brentech

So about 6 hours after having my numbing meds blocked off, I started having my leg slowly wake up.
Had some real pain for a few hours and then finally got some sleep. Taking 2 percocets as I'm allowed keeps it managed enough to get by. Still pain, but I can deal with that better then not having feeling in my finger tips.

Hands feel fine again, much prefer this. Just feel like someone has a stack of bricks on my ankle, but whatever. If I didn't do it now I'd just feel it Sunday night when it was supposed to be turned off anyways.

Top Bottom